Motogp69
59 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 3

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:26 am

Comic-Con: Marvel Surprises with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Panel

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 Guardians-Galaxy-Comic-Con-Panel-Dragonlord

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was greeted with great applause when he introduced director James Gunn and the entire main cast of Guardians of the Galaxy earlier today in Hall H, all of whom flew in from the London set just to appear on the panel and are immediately flying back. While filming only just got underway two weeks ago, fans were treated to the excellent debut of some footage from the pic

Feige introduced James Gunn and cast members Michael Rooker (Yondu), Karen Gilliam (Nebula), Djimon Hounsou (Koraf), Lee Pace (Ronan the Accuser), Benicio Del Toro (The Collector), David Bautista (Drax the Destroyer), Zoe Saldana (Gamora), and Chris Pratt (Star-Lord).

Chris Pratt is says that Star-Lord is "this guy who lives in space. He's kind of a jerk. He had a hard time as a kid and now he goes around space, making out with hot aliens girls. He's known as Star Lord. "Who calls him that? Mostly himself. "Through teaming up with these guys, he finds a purpose."

Zoe Saldana says she's been blue, so she's excited to try green. "She's an assassin from space", describes Saldana of her character, Gamora. Bautista says he's humbled to part of this production. He fought really hard for the role. He says it's something he wanted more than anything in his life. "When I got the job, I broke down and cried like a little baby."

Del Toro says that he hasn't started filming yet. Lee Pace is set to play the main villain Ronan the Accuser. Ronan Accusser is a very complicated Kree. He's a beast. Gillan still has her red hair. When emcee Chris Hardwick noted that Nebula is supposed to be bald, Gillam took off a wig to reveal that she has shaved her head for the role.  She then promptly threw it into the audience.

Spoiler:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Footage Description at Comic-Con

Spoiler:

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 am

THOR: THE DARK WORLD Footage Description from Comic-Con

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 Tom-Hiddleston-Loki-Comic-Con-2013-Dragonlord

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:30 am

Ultron but not Hank Pym... heresy!
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:33 am

Comic-Con: CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Panel Recap

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-Comic-Con-Panel

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo come out on stage followed by stars Frank Grillo, Emily Van Camp, Cobie Smulders, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Chris Evans.

Johansson says Black Widow is integral to Winter Soldier, and she shares the movie with Evans.  There’s a shorthand between them, and they’re partners.  They’re running missions together, and these two characters who you didn’t really see together in Avengers now have a relationship that they’ve built.  We don’t really see the “civilian” side of Natasha, but we do see her casual working relationships, so it kind of breaks down the wall we’ve seen from her in the past.

Jackson says “it’s pretty badass” to put the eye-patch back on and go back into Nick Fury mode.  He says that in terms of the working relationships, he sees them as co-workers, subordinates, tools—it varies.  However, Cap come to cross-purposes with Fury in terms of the grey area Nick Fury lives in.  “And pretty much everything Nick Fury says is a lie anyway,” says Jackson.  

Talking about how he fits in to the sequel, Stan says he was happy to find out that the Winter Soldier was going to come to life on screen.  Feige says this will stick fairly close to comic author Ed Brubaker’s story when it comes to the Winter Soldier.  It’s not meant to surprise the audience, but it will surprise Cap.

“I have wings and guns!  That’s all I need!  When you go to the grocery store, that’s all anyone needs!   We just handing out the business,” Mackie says about Falcon and working with Captain America.

Chris Evans on how Cap is adjusting to modern technology: "I think you’d get a little tired if every joke was, “What’s the internet?!” He gets it.  The problem is that he doesn’t sling jokes.  He’s not sarcastic.  So, it’s hard to find the humor unless the humor is self-deprecating, but you can’t keep playing that one note of, “I don’t get it.  What’s going on in this modern world?!” I think we’re past that.  He’s up to speed.  He knows how things work.  He has a cell phone.  We’re not just hitting that one note.  We’re trying to find humor in other places, thanks to [Anthony] Mackie, in large part.  He’s really good.  He’s a funny guy."

Anthony Mackie: "What was so cool about the script was having a three-dimensional real person that just happens to be a tactical expert that can fly.  I think if the Falcon is added to The Avengers’ world, I’m looking for the opportunity to take down Iron Man, so I’ll be the only flying Avenger.  Thor don’t count.  The hammer flies.  He don’t fly!"

Joe Russo: "Anthony used to ask us that question [on how much Falcon will be in the film], almost every day.  There was about 5% of Falcon in the film, and then we cast Anthony Mackie and now there’s 95% of Falcon.

Anthony Mackie: "‘Cause I would just show up and walk into the scenes in full wardrobe.  I didn’t care.  I had no lines."

THE WINTER SOLDIER Footage Description from Comic-Con

Spoiler:

First Clip from AGENT CARTER Shows Peggy in Action

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:38 am

RedOranje wrote:Ultron but not Hank Pym... heresy!

Completely agree, I have no idea how that's going to work, but I have faith in Whedon to hold his cards close to his vest on this one.

Look at the obvious facts: 1) We know Ant-man is coming out prior to the next Avengers movie; 2) Edgar Wright is the director so there is no way this doesn't the movie doesn't provide some major fan service; and, 3) there is no way they can do Ultron without Ant-man, so I see them using the Ant-man movie itself to lay the foundation for Ultron in the background of the main storyline or most likely as the button.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:43 am

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Panel Wows Comic-Con

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Comic-Con-Panel-Dragonlord

The movie wrapped only three weeks ago, but Sony pulled off a successful panel for The Spider-Man 2 with some considerable panache and showmanship, giving audience a genuine and exclusive first-look while also putting on an entertaining show. It really was the best way to cap off a long day of presentations at Hall H. They played a video in which Spider-Man is trying to get into Hall H but is denied by the security guards. He does his crawly, web-slingy thing and makes it in, and Garfield was on the stage in full costume.

Then they ran a video message from Emma Stone who is busy filming a movie with Woody Allen in France. In the middle of her message, the video started cutting out and we saw Jamie Foxx’s Electro cutting in, singing his own take on “Itsy Bitsy Spider” backed by some electricity cackling. Foxx then took the stage to the musical stylings of Kanye West’s “Power,” with Garfield/Spidey greeting him by saying, “I liked you in Django Unchained.” Not missing a beat, Foxx replied, “I like the way you die boy.” Spider-Man brought up Any Given Sunday and he and Foxx broke into a spontaneous rendition of Foxx’s “My name is Willy, Willy Beaman” song from the Oliver Stone film.

Foxx said the character of Max Dillon is great as an actor because Dillon’s father left him as a kid and his mom was overprotective. They don’t show it in the movie, but Dillon was married previously and now he lives with his mom. “We wanted to take away three things from Max: love, his family, and then his work.” We see Max on his birthday and even his mom doesn’t remember his birthday. Foxx wanted Electro to be “a serious individual that wants to burn the city down and burn Spider-Man along with it,” adding that there’s no hokey-ness to his performance. Foxx said that Dillon is hurt, and when Spider-Man saves him and calls him “his partner,” Dillon starts to kind of worship Spidey as a hero.

Then Webb revealed some footage, which was essentially an extended trailer with some unfinished effects. The footage received the loudest applause of any film panel so far this Comic-Con. Foxx’s Electro looks pretty great in action, and the lighter side of Peter Parker that we glimpsed in the first film is still on display. However, the darkness in the film comes from the complication of Parker’s human relationships.

In this version of the story, Harry and Peter are childhood friends whose friendship was cut off when Harry was sent to boarding school due to family difficulties at a young age. When they graduate high school, Harry has to come home and reconcile his relationship with Peter. “The appearance of Harry complicates Peter’s life in a significant way,” said Webb.

They try to find precedent in what they’re doing by looking at the comics, and Webb said that he’s a big fan of the Ultimates.

Garfield was asked about which comics storyline he would like to tackle in the future, and he said “I’d like to be part of The Avengers….but I’m not allowed to say that.” Obviously the crowd erupted into thunderous applause, but the prospect of Sony ever sharing rights with Marvel/Disney is very, very, very slim.

Garifeld was asked by a fan about opening Parker up to the possibility of a gay interracial relationship. Garfield said Spider-Man stands for everybody, gay, straight, black, white, Asian, but “it wouldn’t make sense if in the third movie suddenly I was with a black guy; we haven’t really established that.” He said his comments were a philosophical question that’s worth asking, adding that Spider-Man is a hero and anyone could be under that costume.

Webb said that Giamatti’s Rhino is used to establish a fun tone, but Electro is the main villain. Webb enjoys that Electro is godlike; how do you fight someone where if you touch him, it’s like touching a third rail? Webb also confirmed that Electro can travel through electrical sockets.

Spoiler:

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Footage Description at Comic-Con

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:46 am

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Cast Sends Hall H Into Frenzy

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 X-Men-Days-Future-Past-Cast-Comic-Con-Dragonlord

Fox brought out the entire cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past for Comic-Con, sending Hall H into pandemonium. Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, and several others were introduced to a roaring crowd that was screaming after every other sentence from the actors. “I was in the halls this morning,” said McAvoy. “It’s amazing the passion you guys have so it’s awesome to be among you.”

Director Bryan Singer called juggling the cast a scheduling nightmare but said he loves ensemble films. He also addressed the possibility of future X-Men movies by pointing to the richness of the X-Universe. "It’s as every bit as large as the Marvel Universe movies and the DC universe. There’s room for expanding the film canon." He mentioned team-up movies, single movies, and more. "All of those movies are possible," he said.

Every actor was given a moment to say a few words to the enthralled audience. McKellan scored major points from the crowd for getting a little political. “I feel safe here now that you’ve gotten rid of Proposition 8," he said. Then, turning to Fassbender, he added, “Looking for a husband. It’s nice to meet you Michael."
After the panel, Singer tweeted a thank you to fans along with a photo of the cast.

Spoiler:

First Footage Revealed for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:50 am

It's been all but confirmed that Ant-man will be focusing on Lang and Pym will only have a cameo or bit-part role at best. And I believe Whedon's been quoted as saying Pym will play no role in Age of Ultron. It sounds like Tony Stark will be replacing him in Ultron's origins.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:50 am

Description of GODZILLA Footage Shown at Comic-Con

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 13 First-Look-Godzilla-Dragonlord

Spoiler:

First Reactions to New GODZILLA Footage Shown at Comic-Con

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 am

RedOranje wrote:It's been all but confirmed that Ant-man will be focusing on Lang and Pym will only have a cameo or bit-part role at best.  And I believe Whedon's been quoted as saying Pym will play no role in Age of Ultron.  It sounds like Tony Stark will be replacing him in Ultron's origins.

Edgar Wright at Comic-Con disagrees with you, the movie will be about Hank Pym, though Lang is likely to be a part of the movie.

Also, Whedon never says Hank Pym wont be in the film. He says, “In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He’s not.” In cheeky Whedon style I assume he is referring to the creation of Ultron only and not the movie.

Think about it… What if Ultron is based off of Stark’s brain pattern’s via Jarvis. SHIELD then brings in Hank Pym to help figure out how to stop Ultron. So instead of Pym helping create him he is used to help stop him.

This helps set up Pym’s importance in creating Pym Particles which is the tie in to Hank Pym/Scott Lang for the Ant-Man movie.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 am

Hopefully you're right, but what I've seen elsewhere hasn't left me too optimistic. And I still have a bit of an issue with changing Ultron's origins like that... a big part of both his and Pym's histories and their character developments from then on are related to their ties (Ultron's Pym-like personality quirks and how it ultimately went evil, and Pym's repeated attempts to deal with the guilt and "redeem" himself). While the origins of Ultron aren't the ONLY part of Pym's story and Pym isn't the ONLY key feature of Ultron, both are pretty central to the characters at this point. It'd be like trying to do an interpretation of Spider-man without having his uncle die.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:59 am

I heard Vin Diesel is going to play Ultron. dat voice.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:16 am

I watched Mud

My favourite film since No Country For Old Men released.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:22 am

RedOranje wrote:Hopefully you're right, but what I've seen elsewhere hasn't left me too optimistic.  And I still have a bit of an issue with changing Ultron's origins like that... a big part of both his and Pym's histories and their character developments from then on are related to their ties (Ultron's Pym-like personality quirks and how it ultimately went evil, and Pym's repeated attempts to deal with the guilt and "redeem" himself).  While the origins of Ultron aren't the ONLY part of Pym's story and Pym isn't the ONLY key feature of Ultron, both are pretty central to the characters at this point.  It'd be like trying to do an interpretation of Spider-man without having his uncle die.

Wasn't the original version of Ultron the actual human version of Jarvis from the 60's? I agree though, I'm not to keen if they go this route, but it already does fit nicely into what they created at the end of Iron Man 3.

I just want Ant-man and Wasp to be in the mix come Avengers 2, but not sure what movies they would introduce them through unless Pym gets a cameo as a scientist in Captain America or Thor.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 am

Mamad wrote:I heard Vin Diesel is going to play Ultron. dat voice.

Everything I've seen and heard he is rumored to play Vision not Ultron, but yeah "dat voice".

However, I can never get this out of my mind everytime he is rumored to be cast in something

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:31 am

Motogp69 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Hopefully you're right, but what I've seen elsewhere hasn't left me too optimistic.  And I still have a bit of an issue with changing Ultron's origins like that... a big part of both his and Pym's histories and their character developments from then on are related to their ties (Ultron's Pym-like personality quirks and how it ultimately went evil, and Pym's repeated attempts to deal with the guilt and "redeem" himself).  While the origins of Ultron aren't the ONLY part of Pym's story and Pym isn't the ONLY key feature of Ultron, both are pretty central to the characters at this point.  It'd be like trying to do an interpretation of Spider-man without having his uncle die.

Wasn't the original version of Ultron the actual human version of Jarvis from the 60's? I agree though, I'm not to keen if they go this route, but it already does fit nicely into what they created at the end of Iron Man 3.

I just want Ant-man and Wasp to be in the mix come Avengers 2, but not sure what movies they would introduce them through unless Pym gets a cameo as a scientist in Captain America or Thor.

No, his origins have always been that he is a creation of Pym's and that his A.I. is based on Pym's brainwaves (at least, for as long as his origins have been explains, that's the case).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:54 am

Just came back from The Wolverine screening and it was not bad, didn't much care for the story but the Jackman was pretty good.... credits scene was the best, glimpse into next X-men movie

Got my shirt signed by Hugh Jackman

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1069135_10151717624867552_110754436_n.jpg

and here is a vid

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151717634402552&l=4084803191064753812

none of the screaming or begging is me
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:11 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Christopher Nolan already become a legend in the few years past, I finally watched Memento but dont think it was all that amazing. Not sure why, maybe it was great for the time back then. I even liked Prestige more. But u can see he was already on the complex plots and playing with the different time and flashback, etc, and mix it up for the audience.

So many superhero movies, but they r making them great most of the time now so dont mind Smile

Also saw The Grey recently, disappointed with that, Liam Neeson is a top actor though.

Just curious for those that watched that Richard Gere dog movie, did u cry? :DI didnt think I would knowing all the feedback that everyone does and I too couldnt help Razz

And what r some of your favourite movie soundtracks or song? Some of the best and favourite lists around r awesome. I know a lots already, but im sure there r still lots I havent paid attention or unaware of. I love to play them at times when I surf or whatever Very Happy
Memento should be considered legendary.

Inception >>> Memento >>> The Dark Knight Rises >>> The Dark Knight >>> The Prestige >>> Insomnia >>> Batman Begins >>> Following

All are great though, even Following is a very different/original and interesting film. And yes Chris Nolan is my favourite director :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 pm

ugh. inception is definitely not better than memento, i was thoroughly unimpressed by that movie. memento is nolan's best work hands down. there's also no chance tdkr is better than the dark knight, too many major holes and failures of acting to match up with heath ledger.

haven't seen insomnia or following though.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:12 pm

I happen to love Inception and Memento (probably the first movie I fell in love with).

stevie, may I ask what about "Inception" unimpressed you? I watched it about a year or so again and loved it. Two or three weeks ago I watched it again and felt as if I enjoyed it even more (so much so that I ended up watching it a few nights later).

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:42 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:I happen to love Inception and Memento (probably the first movie I fell in love with).

stevie, may I ask what about "Inception" unimpressed you? I watched it about a year or so again and loved it. Two or three weeks ago I watched it again and felt as if I enjoyed it even more (so much so that I ended up watching it a few nights later).

i saw it after all the hype, which never helps, but i thought it was a fairly straightforward plot. all the talk about it's intelligence and complication didn't hold up for me, the storyline seemed fairly linear and easy to understand, and the "was it real or wasn't it" ending was unconvincing for me. a lot of people seemed impressed by the movie's smarts, but i just wasn't. give me total recall any time of day for the ambiguous endings, i'll take it over inception in a heart beat.

regardless, even at its best possible rating, inception doesn't beat memento. one of the masterpieces of cinema and rightfully used in film classes to teach theory all the time. without a doubt in my mind nolan's best.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:20 pm

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/07/22/X-MEN-Magneto-poster.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/07/22/X-MEN-ProfessorX-poster.jpg

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/x-men-days-of-future-past.jpg

This will be the best X-Men movie yet bounce 

And apparently the name of Batman/Superman will be Batman vs Superman.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:24 pm

There is a mention of the movie in the credits of the Wolverine Smile

Spoiler:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 pm

MY favorite Nolan film is The Prestige and it's not that close.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

McAgger wrote:MY favorite Nolan film is The Prestige and it's not that close.

Easily

Easily
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:I happen to love Inception and Memento (probably the first movie I fell in love with).

Exactly Dom. I watched Inception at least 5 times and it gets better every time.

An absolute masterclass. Genius of a film. But I guess we all have our own opinions and tastes (referring to stevie)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next