Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Erik Lamela  Empty Re: Erik Lamela

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:41 am

Congrats guys. Will definitely keep a closer look on Serie A now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Congrats guys. Will definitely keep a closer look on Roma now.

Fixed... Very Happy
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 am

I am slightly excited. Although, this essentially ends the quest for Pastore.

Sabatini is a very smart man, and he was quite adamant on landing Lamela. Sadly Ive only seen this player through youtube videos...So I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on the signing.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 am

Have to agree with Narbez here...

Haven't seen Lamela play one minute of football. I honestly can't pass any type of judgement on him.

All I know is what's been said about him. I hope he lives up to the hype.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:50 am

wanted ricky alvarez to join us but i wouldnt mind him either...
but still not convinced that is he good enough for a starting position..

p.s.-- when do we sign him officially
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Lamela has announced through twitter that he'll be joining us. Sabatini's meeting with River Plate's directors has been postponed to tomorrow morning. The missing detail seems to be the method of payment. Roma want to pay in installments for the next three years, while River are asking for 10 million by the end of July. It is being said that a compromise has been made and that Roma will pay one fee, but not before the end of July (this hasn't been confirmed yet though). Meanwhile, Sabatini and Fenucci were seen having dinner with a third person this evening (actually about one hour ago) whose identity is still a mystery. And just minutes ago, Sabatini was quoted saying "Lamela saluted his fans through twitter? He must have found a club..." Still, Sabatini won't give in, but it does seem as if it's a done deal. The audio clip could be found through this link:

http://www.vocegiallorossa.it/?action=read&idnotizia=20775
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 pm

You guys are so lucky !

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:58 pm

sciacca wrote:You guys are so lucky !

Only if we're patient. This guy isn't gunna explode in his first year. He'll need time to adapt and to grow. In a few seasons, hopefully he lives up to all these expectations.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:06 am

Saturday 9 July, 2011
Lamela to Roma today

River Plate talent Erik Lamela is expected to complete his €12m transfer to Roma today.

The player has already said goodbye to the River fans through his Twitter feed.

“I love you all. I thank you for the support you’ve always given, helping me grow day by day. I will never forget you.”

There were even reports the announcement would arrive late Friday night, but there were delays.

President Daniel Passarella will fly in to Rome overnight and the clubs are waiting for him to personally oversee the move.

There were also question marks over how the payment would be spread out in instalments.

It also poses a problem that Lamela does not have an EU passport, but it’s believed Ahmed Barusso will be sold to free up that space in the squad.

Lamela’s father and three River Plate directors met with Roma director of sport Walter Sabatini for dinner on Friday to finalise the last details.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:10 am

ErPupone wrote:Lamela has announced through twitter that he'll be joining us. Sabatini's meeting with River Plate's directors has been postponed to tomorrow morning. The missing detail seems to be the method of payment. Roma want to pay in installments for the next three years, while River are asking for 10 million by the end of July. It is being said that a compromise has been made and that Roma will pay one fee, but not before the end of July (this hasn't been confirmed yet though). Meanwhile, Sabatini and Fenucci were seen having dinner with a third person this evening (actually about one hour ago) whose identity is still a mystery. And just minutes ago, Sabatini was quoted saying "Lamela saluted his fans through twitter? He must have found a club..." Still, Sabatini won't give in, but it does seem as if it's a done deal. The audio clip could be found through this link:

The Fonz wrote:Saturday 9 July, 2011
Lamela to Roma today

River Plate talent Erik Lamela is expected to complete his €12m transfer to Roma today.

“I love you all. I thank you for the support you’ve always given, helping me grow day by day. I will never forget you.”

There were even reports the announcement would arrive late Friday night, but there were delays.

President Daniel Passarella will fly in to Rome overnight and the clubs are waiting for him to personally oversee the move.

There were also question marks over how the payment would be spread out in instalments.

It also poses a problem that Lamela does not have an EU passport, but it’s believed Ahmed Barusso will be sold to free up that space in the squad.

Lamela’s father and three River Plate directors met with Roma director of sport Walter Sabatini for dinner on Friday to finalise the last details.

Well I guess that's our mystery man, unless Sabatini was really that hungry tonight.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:13 am

ErPupone wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Lamela has announced through twitter that he'll be joining us. Sabatini's meeting with River Plate's directors has been postponed to tomorrow morning. The missing detail seems to be the method of payment. Roma want to pay in installments for the next three years, while River are asking for 10 million by the end of July. It is being said that a compromise has been made and that Roma will pay one fee, but not before the end of July (this hasn't been confirmed yet though). Meanwhile, Sabatini and Fenucci were seen having dinner with a third person this evening (actually about one hour ago) whose identity is still a mystery. And just minutes ago, Sabatini was quoted saying "Lamela saluted his fans through twitter? He must have found a club..." Still, Sabatini won't give in, but it does seem as if it's a done deal. The audio clip could be found through this link:

The Fonz wrote:Saturday 9 July, 2011
Lamela to Roma today

Well I guess that's our mystery man, unless Sabatini was really that hungry tonight.

:lol!:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zefgjoni Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:36 pm

According to latest rumours, Argentinian international offensive midfielder Erik Lamela (19) has been signed by AS Roma, on a 5 years deal and a 1.3 million euros annual fee. Lamela was playing for River Plate
zefgjoni
zefgjoni
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Looks as if everything has been settled. It's confirmed that Lamela is in Rome, as he met with Antonio Tempestilli this morning. He has signed a 5 year deal and will be earning 1.5 million euros a year. The transfer fee is 12 million, but could possibly amount up to 19 million with bonuses and taxes. River Plate will also be owed 20% of his next transfer.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by del_boy Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Congratulations Romanistas. Thumbs up

Wish him all the best, but not against Juventus. Twisted Evil
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Erik Lamela  Empty OFFICIAL: Erik Lamela is a Roma player

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 pm

It's official now, well almost....Erik Lamela is going to be Roma's first signing.

Great news. Young and very potential he has. more of these kind of deals please.[code]

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Not official yet.

We still need his signature and we still need sell Ahmed Barruso to free up our last non-eu spot.

Plus it has to appear on both River plate's site as well as ours....still a ways to go.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:54 pm

really happy with this signing, hes an excellent talent.

An article about him

Erik Lamela has known he was special since he was 12-years-old.

It was at that age that Barcelona tried to sign the youngster from River Plate’s academy. Luckily for River, Erik, or more likely Erik’s people, decided he would be better off sticking around for a few more years and developing his game rather than making the big move to Europe at that stage.

With his potential highlighted at such a young age, the kid from Florida, in Buenos Aires Province, progressed through River’s junior ranks with something of an aura about him.

Fans impatiently looked forward to the day he was ready to run out for the senior team. On June 14, 2009, the wait was over as a 17-year-old ‘Coco’ made his debut in the Primera as a late substitute against Atletico Tigre.

He appeared intermittently over the next year, showing that the hype had gone to his head — in a good way. Lamela showed poise one would expect from a player ten years his senior.

Come the 2010/11 Apertura, Lamela, whose surname translates as ‘lick it’ in English, was ready to establish himself as a first team regular. This may not be a classic River Plate team, but for an 18-year-old to make the crucial enganche (playmaker) position his own says much about both his talent and self-belief, especially considering he was competing for the role with established stars Diego Buonanotte and club legend Ariel Ortega.

Now Ortega has moved to All Boys and Buonanotte will leave for Málaga in June but club director Daniel Passarella is refusing to sell his prized asset, for now at least, despite interest from the likes of Juventus and Manchester United.

Lamela’s game seems perfectly suited to European football, hence all the attention from the Old Continent. At 185cm, he is not a wriggly, zippy dribbler with a low centre of gravity like Messi or Maradona.

Rather, he cruises about in the attacking half, elegantly directing play. When pressured, he has the ability on the ball to dink past opponents but his main assets as a player are his intelligent positional sense, highly refined passing and an accurate shot from distance.

He also takes all of River’s attacking free kicks and corners and although he is naturally left-footed, he is more than adept with his right. He has been utilised in the centre of the park or out on the left, but is often given freedom to roam.

Passarella is resigned to losing Lamela to a European club within 12 months. There is little doubt the young prodigy will make the transition well, assuming he can cope with the usual ‘small fish, big pond’ scenario that befalls every up-and-coming South American star who crosses the Atlantic.

With a mature head on his shoulders and a self-assured swagger, you can expect this kid to thrive in any scenario.

from soccerinternational
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:27 am

congratulations and my best wishes to AS ROma and roma fans.. they deserve quality signings...

lamela, krkic... and many more interesting signings to come for them... i cant wait for roman derby... same is lazio that they have strengthened team... serie a is getting more and more entertaining. juve made some good signings too and their new stadium

roma with new owners... milan looking forward to win CL and defend title, inter with new coach with new ambitions im happy for serie a.

according to world soccer king magazine the most respected football magazine in japan, which gets all legit news from european football

roma are not done ...

apart from lamela krkic, they also want FC basel winger Xherdan Shaqiri, they want skeletenburg, bovo of palermo, thiago motta of inter is also consideration.. also some kid from barca youth.. who is CB..zaccherini of cesena and few others...

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:55 am

Great signing Smile
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:07 am

Make it official already. :geek:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Erik Lamela  Tumblr_lnjwnti12f1qc1zl9o1_500
Excellent signing!
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:43 pm

ynwa wrote:Make it official already. :geek:

Can't right away. Terminating Adriano's contract didn't free up a non-EU spot since Barusso is taking it up now. We're trying to sell him so we can make it official, but it hasn't been easy (it'll happen eventually). But, Lamela may be soon eligible for a Spanish passport, so that would solve everything. I'm not sure how long it will take, but if he could get it sometime within the next month, I would be all for that situation so we would have that extra non-EU spot just in case.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Lamela + Bojan !

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Roma is so lucky !

Back to top Go down