Nirgall
Vapotrini
Harmonica
Blue Barrett
Gil
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Messi breaks Maradona's record! - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi breaks Maradona's record!

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:26 am

AmarillaDirecta wrote:I never really was talking about who the "better" player is in general under other people's eyes.

I was talking about how they will be remembered for their national appearances.

You think people might not differentiate but right now im referring to how people will regard them as national heroes and legends for what they did when wearing their country's shirt and that is why i said that despite being (the superior player) overall, as a national legend he cant touch Maradona without winning a world cup at the very least in my opinion.

When Messi is 32 or whatever it is when he retires he will probably be remembered greatly on all fronts simply put, but what Maradona did with argentina was special, his goal against england even went down as the goal of the century..It was a big thing, and no matter how many goals or assists messi scores i think bottom line, his career ( in NT) without the WC wont be as memorable or highly regarded.
Well in team game, winning something isn't only matter of how you play, but also how team plays. But yeah Messi has to win WC in glorious fashion to beat Maradona at NT-level, but only in NT-level. In whole picture there is so much more to remember Messi from already, than Maradona.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Messi breaks Maradona's record! - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi breaks Maradona's record!

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Gil wrote:
Donuts wrote:Although I disagree Harmonica is jumping the gun too early here on Messi having a better career NOW I think it's too early to make that comparison

And some of the logic here used.. to compare who is more effective xD goals? lmao I guess Torres is the king of International football, the guy has won everything and scored in almost every tournament

Fernando Torres > Maradona
am i right guys?

Let's hold the Messi vs any legend until he retires and the comparison is fair shall we? What is a fact though is Messi broke his record so I don't see why so many people are hating on him.
Torres > Messi at international level.

That much is certain.

Also Torres > maradona right? He's magical with Spain two euros and World Cup? Champions and euros, the man craps out trophies much better then anyone else in the world Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah saying Torres individually > Messi at NT-level is utter delusion. Messi is almost every match the best player of the team, Torres hardly ever.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum