McLewis
Kick
CBarca
zarola
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy! - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy!

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing

There was a time when I was in college, where I really didn’t find the time to post more than a few times a week. I spent pretty much every minute of every day in class, in the gym, jogging outside, hanging out with friends/girlfriend, or playing sports.. and eating. I posted a few times before heading to bed, but I was usually so tired that I even skipper brushing my teeth. I don’t suppose everyone is that physically active during the day, but I can see how some people struggle to find time to post.

This is basically what happens to me most of the time. I finished my studies, but now I will start working...when I'll find some energy to post, I'll do it. Smile

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy! - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy!

Post by rincon Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am

No idea how I found GL, I think it was maybe in 2010 or 2011. Made the account in 2012 after lurking for a bit and then when I went to post forgot my info. After some time off and some lurking, came back to post finally after maybe 2 or 3 years.

Only forum I've ever been active in. Its unique in the mix of people with completely different backgrounds and interests imo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 am

I joined the goal.com forum 2009 or 2011, can't remember which final it was but it was one of these Barca finals. I lurked before that and I was at a friends house watching the CL final when I decided to post myself. At first it was because of the memes but I enjoyed Nick's analytical posts and stuff too.

I was pretty young though, I'm 23 now. Basically became a addiction of mine to read this forum... lol.

I was active in some Naruto forum (swedish one) before that but GL is the one who stuck with me. Gotta say without RG this forum would be dead. He is the heart of GL. Needs more appreciation tbh.

Congrats on the 7 years GL. That's maybe why this forum isn't active anymore. Most of us grew up Sad and doesn't have that energy we once had to post like we used to post.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Unique wrote:how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing

Its happened to me twice. When I started in France, I had to adjust my classes and body clock etc. Now in Singapore, I am working 9-9pm. I can't post during matchdays because that's the only time I go out and CL is at 3am.

I do still lurk and post occasionally but I just don't have the time to continuously post, let alone follow my personal interests. I apologize letting scrubs like Firenze roam free in GL without any check.

I can understand how this lurking becomes a permanent absolution. Which is why most posters come back for an occasional post or so later when they do get time.

On topic, I think i've touched if not crossed 10 years in Goal.com and now GL. Its been great and I always look forward to reading everyone's posts. Thanks for being part of this journey.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Happy anniversary to this forum.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Happy anniversary to this forum.
So the Whiskey Guy made his annual appearance. :bow:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Thimmy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Forgot to bump this this year

But it has been 7 years now (and 3 months) with all of you Proud

Closing on decade. Won't take long till it's here with how fast time is going.

Well done comrades

Next month marks the 10 year anniversary for me, as a registered member + an additional 6 months or so as a lurker. Coincidentally, it’s also my birthday. Never thought I’d stick around for this long. I really miss the original, Goal.com forums, though. This place was so busy, back then.

I joined back in 2009 on goal.com. Remembered the inspiration behind it to: it was a thread reading the likes Crimson, Black something, Halycon(sp), TA, Zealous expressing serious rage during the 2nd leg of the CDR where we lost the first leg 4-0 to Alcorcon.

The only forum I have ever ridiculously active on and would probably continue once RG doesn't sell it off to continue his gambling addiction.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 pm

I have been with this group of people for around 8 years now and what a journey it has been.. Truly never thought a forum would become part of my daily life like this. I lurk and post whenever I get time off.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:35 pm

There's 2 years left on Idrisozet's 10 year ban
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Kaladin wrote:There's 2 years left on Idrisozet's 10 year ban
how the fuck do you get a 10 year ban Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Can't remember honestly, but there was a scuffle between him and RO

GLMania 2021 main event looking tasty, big returns?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Kaladin wrote:Can't remember honestly, but there was a scuffle between him and RO

there you have it. that guy had a corn cob stuck up his ass.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Unique wrote:
Kaladin wrote:Can't remember honestly, but there was a scuffle between him and RO

That guy has more intelligence in his little finger than you or your next 10 generations can ever have.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Happy 8th anniversary lads

Closing on a decade.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Unique wrote:

That guy has more intelligence in his little finger than you or your next 10 generations can ever have.
it didn’t stop him from being a pussy though did it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:38 pm

been here 7 years, not sure when the time has gone, feels like less than half of that

Lot of great members just disappearing into the all consuming black hole that is adulthood over the years which sucks but makes me grateful for all of the members still here keeping the place even a little active every day Molenation
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:10 pm

Happy anniversary lads!! Very Happy

I side with unique, intelligence means zilch if you come off as a stuck up shit, and RO always came off that way to me imo.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:17 pm

I miss RedOranje, despite the corn cob (whatever that is, but sounds about right) in his ass.

He had principles and was an uncompromising character. Maybe more people should be like that.

Happy GLversary everyone. This is still a great forum TBH. The only forum I've ever been on.

Suck my dick Mole.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:41 am

I never understood why anyone had a problem with RedO. He was a great poster, very intelligent, and honestly he was a pretty laid back character. Just because he didn't take shit and actually took his role as a moderator seriously doesn't mean he had anything up his ass.

Anyway, happy 8th
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I like to think of Red as our conscience. Especially as a mod and then later an Admin, I have always considered him a fair guy. He's rarely vindictive (and even then, it took a lot to get him to that point) and I think he took his responsibility here with a sobering seriousness that is very admirable.

Being a member of dozens of subreddits and seeing how their moderators fare (ranging from uber-authoritarian in ways that made Red seem quite liberal to so laid back you could hardly call them a mod), I think we've struck a decent balance here over the last 8 years.

Thanks for sticking around on this journey with us, folks.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:04 pm

McLewis wrote:I like to think of Red as our conscience. Especially as a mod and then later an Admin, I have always considered him a fair guy. He's rarely vindictive (and even then, it took a lot to get him to that point) and I think he took his responsibility here with a sobering seriousness that is very admirable.

Being a member of dozens of subreddits and seeing how their moderators fare (ranging from uber-authoritarian in ways that made Red seem quite liberal to so laid back you could hardly call them a mod), I think we've struck a decent balance here over the last 8 years.

Thanks for sticking around on this journey with us, folks.

I agree with you about RedO, I think he was a fantastic mod :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Its been 8 years? Oh man, I remember the goal.com memes and the great migration. The funny thing is, goal.com is no longer available in my country, it redirects to some BS website. Great to see the community still thriving. I will try to post more when i get time.

Also RedO and RG really great work keeping the community together
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:31 pm

McLewis and BC are the best mods/admin. thats just my opinion though.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:28 pm

Shout out to my boy DeviAngel, don't know what happened to him but he was one of my favorite people on the internet.

Is he still an admin?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:38 pm

Vibe wrote:Shout out to my boy DeviAngel, don't know what happened to him but he was one of my favorite people on the internet.

Is he still an admin?
the hardest part about being admin is not being bias to your mates on the forum and keeping things 100% fair. BC and McLewis seem to be 100% fair. 1 or 2 admin are not. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Yeah, I could always feel how RedOranje went easy on me because we were friends.

Also, still no news on RWO?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next