goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 37 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 37 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Shooting of Season 5 has officially wrapped up. So no Arianne, Victarion, Euron, Quentyn, Aegon, Jon Con, Wyman confirmed.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 37 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 pm

What no Manderly? They can't do this to us. Only thing I'm genuinely upset about.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Some of those can't be confirmed as cut for sure although we've heard no news of them. I'd say Arianne, Victarion, Quentyn and Jon Con are cut for sure. They would all shoot exterior scenes and we would've heard of them by now.

Manderly or some other pro-Stark northern lord could have been cast but we won't hear of one because he would shoot only interior scenes and the actor could be low profile. This is me clutching at straws but I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have atleast one Stark loyalist among Boltons, he doesn't need a storyline of his own unlike the others so it can't be hard to include him.

Euron will almost certainly appear in S6 and maybe mentioned in S5 like Stannis in S1 and Doran in S4. Balon will die this season at last.

FAegon is something else... I have no idea what they will do with him. I still believe in TrAegon but i did believe about a WoW release date next week too lol. Maybe they'll have Varys a Daenerys supporter all along and Dany will fight Cersei when she arrives in Westeros Mad

FArya, The Waif, The Kindly Men, Varamyr haven't been seen on set either so maybe they are keeping some things secret, I hope they do. I also still believe Stoneheart might appear, D&D have been avoiding questions instead of rubbishing rumours about her appearing for too long.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 am

GRRM wrote:It seems I need to clarify once more.

I am NOT on Twitter.  I am NOT on Facebook.  The only place I post myself, in my own words, is here on Live Journal.

I do have an official Twitter account, and an official Facebook account.  I established these in self-defense, because there were fake accounts out there, where people pretending to be me were making various spurious pronouncements... pronouncements that would then get picked up all over the internet and repeated as if they were gospel.

The official Twitter and Facebook accounts are maintained for me by my minions and my publishers.  I don't post there myself.  I don't even read them or check comments.  I have other stuff to do.  LOTS of other stuff.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, Raya came to me and said the folks at Random House wanted to do a special promotion on Twitter, a "Twelve Days of Christmas" with a Westerosi twist.  Did they have the green light?  It sounded fun, and funny, so I said sure, and thought no more of it.  It was just a little Christmas celebration.

But then, somehow, from somewhere, the rumor arose that the "12 Days" were actually a countdown... not to Xmas, but to the publication of THE WINDS OF WINTER, or the announcement of its completion and/ or pub date.

Sorry.  Not true.  Look, I've said before, and I will say again, I don't play games with news about the books.  I know how many people are waiting, how long they have been waiting, how anxious they are.   I am still working on WINDS.  When it's done, I will announce it here.  There won't be any clues to decipher, any codes or hidden meanings, the announcement will be straightforward and to the point.  I won't time it to coincide with Xmas or Valentine's Day or Lincoln's Birthday, the book will not rise from the dead with Jesus on Easter Sunday.  When it is done, I will say that's it is done, on whatever day I happen to finish.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

And while I am debunking rumors, let me also say that this story about me being inspired to finsh WINDS by STAR WARS is also utter bullshit, and I have NO idea where that one came from.  (I liked the first two STAR WARS movies, the third not so much, the prequels not at all, and the trailer for the new one had no impact on me one way or the other, and let's face it, even the best of 'em is no FORBIDDEN PLANET.  Robby is my robot ideal, not C3PO or R2D2).  Made up out of whole cloth, so far as I know.

It really stuns me how widely the STAR WARS thing has been disseminated.  Truly, internet journalism is an oxymoron.

As Mark Twain once said, "A lie can travel halfway around the world while truth is putting on its shoes."
Current Location:Santa Fe
Current Mood: frustrated frustrated

http://grrm.livejournal.com/395189.html
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:52 am

M99 wrote:Shooting of Season 5 has officially wrapped up. So no Arianne, Victarion, Euron, Quentyn, Aegon, Jon Con, Wyman confirmed.

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 37 Post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Jeeez.
He really had to use a nuclear missile to stop the train? Crying or Very sad
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:36 pm

The day TWOW gets a release date , though . That day the #hypetrain will be unstoppable.

What he did though was only right . It's rather well known GRRM announces his books on his blog , not his fault when it goes forgotten regardless . But whatever , you can't fault people for wanting the book so much .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Of course he was right to tell us. I'm glad he didn't wait till the end of the countdown.
Still. It's hard to take What a Face
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:20 pm

So there isn't going to be Arianne Martell?

They are completely getting rid of the arc in the story with Arys Oakheart and Arianne?

Such a stupid decision, I don't *bleep* get it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:58 pm

The queenmaker plot will still happen only it will involve Trystane (who will possibly take Arianne's role in the plot) and the sand snakes (as in the books) while Jaime/Bronn will take Arys' and Swann's role presumably.

I know it's not the same as having the Dornish heir a daughter as opposed to a son but they needed to cut some characters, Quentyn's story goes nowhere really while I believe they choose Trystane instead of Arianne because he will play some kind of Aegon role in the show. These decisions are made because you can't have so many storylines and characters in a TV show AND give the characters the importance they deserve.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Please don't try to apologize this.
I can understand cutting Quentyn. Not that I like it but I can understand it.
I hate it but I can even live with Trystane replacing Arianne. But replacing Arianne AND *bleep* Aegon with Trystane? Just no. NONONO.

What's next? Cut the Greyjoys? Jeeeez it all started so well No
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 pm

zigra wrote:

http://watchersonthewall.com/iron-islands-plot-omitted-game-thrones-season-5/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:52 pm

I hate the greyjoys so I don't really care about that :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Yeah I know M99. I meant cut them completely. They might still turn up in season 6.. they can't just leave them out right?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I hate the greyjoys so I don't really care about that :coffee:

gtfo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:56 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I hate the greyjoys so I don't really care about that :coffee:

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 37 But-why-meme
Why would anyone want Euron gone?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 pm

It's just overkill. Do we really need 20 billion POVs for such a despicable bunch of characters?

I could have done just Asha or just Victarion or Aeron, no actually screw Aeron his POVs are terrible, but all three plus Theon was just too much for me.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 am

Loved the Victarion POVs tbh. Or it was the adventure which I loved. Or Moqorro lol. And Euron's mysterious aura is fascinating.

But then Euron could be Daario so who knows.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

I don't know why people like Victarion. The guy is dumb and deluded as *bleep*, Euron is playing him, it's crystal clear to see Laughing He thinks he will marry Dany and take her dragons Laughing His death is as good as confirmed for me in TWOW. Not to mention he is an effin rapist.

Agree with BC on Aeron. Getting inside his head was irksome. Euron is a fascinating character though. Great villain to have.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:19 am

zigra wrote:Please don't try to apologize this.
I can understand cutting Quentyn. Not that I like it but I can understand it.
I hate it but I can even live with Trystane replacing Arianne. But replacing Arianne AND *bleep* Aegon with Trystane? Just no. NONONO.

Not being a show-apologist here, I'm sure they don't need me defending their decisions.

BUT there will always be someone who complains, the showrunners don't have the money and time to properly adapt the books, it is how it is.

Btw Euron will surely appear, but in S6 - he will be mentioned by Yara/the council after Balon dies and if Trystane plays the parts of Arianne and Aegon, that's better than their actions/roles not existing at all. Atleast for me. Not because I care that much for either, but I find Varys and Doran fascinating and these characters are important for them, give them justice damn it!

Again Aegon is possible to happen even in S5 without being cast for this season, there are so many possibilities. Maybe we'll get some foreshadowing from Illyrio "Red or Black, a dragon is a dragon" or something in that conversation they will have with Tyrion at Illyrios manse. Then in the 10th episode Varys pops up and murders Pycelle/Kevan/whoever is ruling after Cersei and has his speech about Aegon... bam cliffhanger.

I'm just willing to wait. The only ones we're CERTAIN to be cut are Arianne, Jon Con, Quentyn and Victarion. The rest is possible to happen in one way or another and if it means we HAVE Aegon, Euron, Stomeheart I don't mind these changes.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:23 am

M99 wrote:I don't know why people like Victarion. The guy is dumb and deluded as *bleep*, Euron is playing him, it's crystal clear to see Laughing He thinks he will marry Dany and take her dragons Laughing His death is as good as confirmed for me in TWOW. Not to mention he is an effin rapist.

Agree with BC on Aeron. Getting inside his head was irksome. Euron is a fascinating character though. Great villain to have.

He's fun because he's stupid. I laughed my ass off when he thought Dothraki Sea was an actual sea rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:47 am

Well that sounds a lot better. Maybe I'm just overly worried because of season 4.

Thing with Aegon is that one of the main things bout him that is so special is that he was a boy who didn't live the life of a noble but learned and actually lived the life of common people. He is a future "peoples king". Trystane is a prince who grew up in his families territory.

Well anyway I guess we just have to wait anyway. I should enjoy the time till the the show continues, not start raging about it half a year before that I guess :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Good lord, how boring is it to read through Brienne's chapters. ffs Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:21 pm

They are important brah. Also that part where she is with that priest guy. GOAT passage.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm at the part where this idiot Nibble Dick is taking her and Pod somewhere. Not a single part of this is interesting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Oh yea that's meh. It gets good when she meets Septon Meribald. Their journey after that is great. Specially the passage on War of the Ninepenny Kings
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next