Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
RealGunner
RedOranje
90 posters

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III

Post by Gil Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Martinez wouldn't want Fellaini to stay at Everton? I've heard it all today. Skint Everton who start Anichebe up front?

Seems like the football purists on here think Fellaini is basically the midfield version of Heskey.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III

Post by Zealous Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:09 pm

CBarca wrote:> Plays ugly, underdog football with Madrid while players like Khedira and Di Maria are preferred to Gundogan and Isco
> Dressing room becomes disarrayed
> Blames Perez for not getting the signings he wanted
> Quotes: "These signings are the ones we deserve, but not the ones we need right now"

> Still beats Barca with the B team.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Gil wrote:Martinez wouldn't want Fellaini to stay at Everton? I've heard it all today. Skint Everton who start Anichebe up front?

Seems like the football purists on here think Fellaini is basically the midfield version of Heskey.
no but he is certainly not the belgian version of Javi Martinez.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Martinez will prob cash in on him then sign James Mcarthy and Maloney
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Gil wrote:Martinez wouldn't want Fellaini to stay at Everton? I've heard it all today. Skint Everton who start Anichebe up front?

no but he is certainly not the belgian version of Javi Martinez.

Javi Martinez doesn't have the technical ability you seem to think he does. Even Wenger has acknowledged this.

His most impressive qualities to me are his defensive abilities. He's a monster in the air, he has unbelievable stamina and his defensive nous is off the charts. He can man-mark, press, win tackles, intercept balls, close down passing angles...literally everything.

The reality is technically, he isn't even on the level of Sergio Busquets let alone Xavi and Iniesta and his passing range is quite limited compared to the other Spanish midfielders.

So yes, Fellaini could have a similar impact for Arsenal as Martinez did. His passing ability is the one major problem as he lacks consistency but nearly every player that plays under Wenger improves in that area.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:34 pm

I agree that Javi Martinez is not that impressive technically and he is a very good ball recovery midfielder. Busquets is in a different league than him imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 24 Cadbury-chomp-1

Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:39 pm

cavani very close to chelsea
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Mehbaye has better technique than Martinez ffs. I'm actually serious about this lol.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Gil wrote:Mehbaye has better technique than Martinez ffs. I'm actually serious about this lol.

I meant the football purists part brah, you gave yourself away there Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Nobody is trying to say that Fellaini is a bad player Gil ffs Laughing

But if you're a new manager who favours possession football would you rather have a 6 foot 5 big, strong player who has ok technical ability but has the main strengths of being a target and a threat in the air when you know you will not be playing to his strengths.

Or, would you rather have 20-25Million to get a handful of players who you will use to the best of their abilities?

2nd one looks much more likely to me.

Now if Moyes wasn't leaving or they employed somebody like Tony Pulis, then the club would be desperate to hold on to him.

Pirlo is world class. But if I wanted to play a physical, direct game I would rather buy a pair of decent hard working CDM's.

It's not about his ability, it's about what role he's going to have to play.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Javi not impressive technically? Why is this myth recurrent in GL?

He played DLP for U-21 Espana (with Thiago advanced) and showed marvellous range of passes and dribbles in tight spaces.

Within Athletic, he was played in the back solely for his ball playing skills outside his reading of the game. When Iturraspe was injured or benched, he played DLP alongside Gurpegui to protect him and evolved transcendently technically and literally controlled tempos of some of their game.

There is a reason he is so highly reverred, its not just because he is an excellent defender. There is a reason he was bought from Bayern for Euros 40M and starting over Gustavo. Javi is a supremely intelligent defender yet always was clumsy in his rare slide tackles and is too slow even when his reading is off the chart. His passing is two-footed and shows marvelous range at times and of course, what he is known for is his indomitable composure in tight spaces. Sergio Busquets is more of a technician yet Javi has shown far more completeness than Busi in his shooting and crosses and some powerful bursts through the centre.

It is the reason why Javi is rated so highly. A technically blessed DM who is very complete.

I think his UCL change in role v Barca etc as an off the ball courier gave the idea that he isn't. In the Bundesliga it was original Athletic Club Javi for all to see.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Fiorentina midfielder David Pizarro has set his sights on a move back to England this summer, Sky Sports understands. Pizarro had a spell on loan at Manchester City during the second half of the 2011/12 season.

Tevez or Higuain to Juventus.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports the Italian champions are continuing talks with Manchester City regarding the striker. Juventus are also in negotiations with Real Madrid about Gonzalo Higuain, and will only sign one of the Argentina internationals.

Ruhr giants Schalke are tipped to be pondering a loan deal for young Barcelona forward Cristian Tello, according to Voetbal Primeur.

Xabi Alonso could be set for a reunion with his former Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, according to SportItalia.

Cabaye on Man Utd:

"Yes of course. I've liked this club for a long time, I like what they do," he told Canal+. "The boss has left but they have appointed a very good successor and he did some good things with Everton.

"They are always well played among the big clubs. Yes for sure, it would be an interesting challenge."

Monaco and PSG have also been reported to be chasing Cabaye, but he says he is unaware of any interest from his homeland.

"I have no direct contact with anyone; maybe my agents are currently in the know.

"As for me, I am here listening. I like England as well. I will need to look at the situation but you never know."

Napoli’s pursuit of Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has taken the next step forward with the Reds setting a €14m price tag on the Slovakian, according to Italian daily Il Mattino.

Premier League side Southampton are believed to be closing in on signing Lyon’s defender Dejan Lovren, according to Tutto Mercato.

According to Sport, Celta de Vigo and Real Sociedad would like to obtain on loan from Barcelona 20 year old forward Rafael Alcántara aka Rafinha.

Southampton are ready to let their €14.4 million record signing Gaston Ramirez leave St. Mary’s this summer.

The Uruguayan had a relatively successful first season with Southampton successfully avoiding relegation.

According to TuttoMercatoWeb, the south coast club are looking at a price of €18 million for a player who they signed only last summer from Bologna.

Ramirez played 26 games for Southampton last season scoring five goals.

The feeling is that Ramirez could stay in the Premier League for at least one more season, but Fiorentina and Inter closely monitoring the situation, Juventus too have also been rumored to be in interested in player’s services in the past.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Lizerazu and Wenger both said it while commentating the CL final for french tv too Arqi... they were describing the players before the game. For Javi Martinez, they both said that he's not the most technically gifted but he brings toughness and ball recovery to Bayern, which is what they lacked the previous year. Lizerazu even mentioned that Javi is destined to become a CB under Pep because of this...

I completely agree with them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Surely we're picking 2 out of Higuain, Tev and Jovetic.

If we end up with 1 of them it WILL be cheap Carlos Tev. And that is *bleep* unacceptable.

Finish top of the league AGAIN

Go far in the CL

Own your own Stadium

Spend less than the clubs below you who have less balanced books because you fear FFP.
Proud dat logic
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Gil wrote:
His most impressive qualities to me are his defensive abilities. He's a monster in the air, he has unbelievable stamina and his defensive nous is off the charts. He can man-mark, press, win tackles, intercept balls, close down passing angles...literally everything.
i agree, but Fellaini cant do those things. he just cant, maybe you are assuming that he can but no. He has impressive physical presence down the middle yet his movements are nothing impressive. he certainly doesnt have the mentality to hound the ball like Martinez do, and to play a defensive role ala Javi. It's no surprise he is played in higher positions with Belgium most of the time and at everton he reached his best level playing trequartista.

Yeah, Javi, in the midst of DM is in the higher echelon technically. he is comfortable enough with the ball that he doesnt choke out when in possession. I dont know why people say that he isnt good technically, is he busquets? of course not, but who is. although, Busquets would die to have the range of defensive abilities Javi possesses.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Tom... Juve have to spend for a top striker or you fans need to call them out a bit. That shows a lack of ambition for CL, not Serie A obviously. Pirlo and Buffon aren't going to be around forever.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:29 pm

I agree.

Why bother spending more than any club bar like 2 when you're 7th placed and not even in your own stadium when as soon as you get back to the CL, you cut out investment.

There is not a doubt in my mind the money is there, but the obsession with being a self-sufficiant club (Which we nearly are again anyway) seems all too strong.

25M for Higuain and a further 7-10M for Carlos. Add a few Mill plus the players Torino want for Ogbonna and call it a day whilst selling some unwanted players too.

Deeper CL runs = more money. The investments would pay for themselves eventually.

This is the provincial mentality us fans are sick of in the market.

We respect that we're never going to spend 40M in each department.

A) That's reckless

B) We don't need to.

But if we're not willing to spend £25M in one area. Then that is a big lack of amibtion right there.

It's not like you spend that £25M every year, the player could play for us for 10 years ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Why are people taking the bait?

I'm not sure Gil could have made his trolling more blatant.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:11 pm

If anyone's interested...
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 pm

screw Fellaini, someone needs to rescue Witsel from the black hole that is Zenit.

save him moyes :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio
Chelsea (@Chelseafc) make 50 millions bid for Cavani

http://t.co/5hBORvq8R2
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:26 pm

According to François Gallardo, an agent, Real Madrid have secured the signing of Gareth Bale for €90m
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio
Chelsea (@Chelseafc) make 50 millions bid for Cavani

http://t.co/5hBORvq8R2

As legit as they get.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:According to François Gallardo, an agent, Real Madrid have secured the signing of Gareth Bale for €90m

If that's true then I aint even mad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:32 pm

90m lol

He will be back at Tottenham in 2-3 years for 15m
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next