Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
RealGunner
RedOranje
90 posters

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:23 am

El Shaarawy wrote:"Abandon ye who enter the comments section" - Tom's Inferno

Proud

Transfer wise, king Felpe Melo has denied an agreement with Man City.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:24 am

RedOranje wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:even that is not accurate, he is a better goalscorer, and that's about it.

He's complete in that he's quick, an aerial threat, technical with the ball at his feet and in the pass, can link up well with highly intelligent off-the-ball movement and has a high work rate, often helping out defensively.

Suarez has many of those characteristics, but there are 2 specifically that he lacks glaringly. Ergo, Cavani is the better player for me and the one I would choose every time for my team. That's not a knock on Suarez tbh.

Check
Check
Check
Check
2?

The only think you list that Suarez doesn't necessarily have is aerial threat, though he makes up for that with his superior dribbling, crossing, and passing. He also still manages to score headed chances due to movement in the box. I'm not going to argue that either player is better, as I believe that's wholly subjective, but to say that Suarez is less compete and lacks two of the listed assets is incorrect.

For a guy that doesn't pose an aerial threat, Luis sure scores a lot of headers.
5/30 goals were headers this season
5/17 the season before were headers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:43 am

You'll notice I did specifically mention that he "manages to score headed chances... in the box."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:00 am

Laughing I guess that looks like I'm trying to make an argument against what you wrote but my intention was to provide support for your argument.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 am

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Arsenal lining up Marouane Fellaini bid

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3784741.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_06_06

please do it wenger Proud

keep him away from United
Wtf are you serious Fellaini is top player, why wouldn't you want him in your team?? You are probably one of these Man U fans that were begging that Ferguson doesn't buy Modric, and he kicked you out of CL

no because Fellaini played as a CAM essentially at everton, a role he would not play at United (Rooney, Kagawa>>>), he would be played as a CM, which he is average at and was invisible for years at Everton in, until they started using him as a battering ram upfront. not to mention he is a twat...would much rather us spend the money on a real CM like Gundogan, or even Cesc

and I did want Modric, don't act like you know me. funny your talking about CL, like you even remember what it's like to be apart of it. :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 am

Javi Martinez has better passing range than Fellaini and slightly better technique than Fellaini but in reality there's really not that much difference between the two.

Classic case of people underrating Pl players. Took Carrick a good 7 seasons for people to decide he actually WASN'T shite so hopefully Fellaini can prove people wrong.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:19 am

It's got nothing to do with the league his in, Gil, and you know it. That little fallacious claim doesn't work when discussing with other fans of PL clubs. Fact is Fellaini simply hasn't performed particularly well in a CM or CDM role in a while now.

Martinez is a significantly smarter footballer both positionally and tactically. He's also a better tackler and less prone to reckless, card-worthy challenges.

Of course, chances are you already know all of this and are simply trolling.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:20 am

Am I the only one who thinks Roberto won't want Fellaini at his club very much.

He's not going to play to his strengths, and he could get quite a few players that would fit his system from the sale of Fellaini.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 am

No, I think most people believe that, or at least consider it a real possibility.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:39 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Roberto won't want Fellaini at his club very much.

He's not going to play to his strengths, and he could get quite a few players that would fit his system from the sale of Fellaini.

I think there's more than a hint of truth in that statement.

Let's be honest, Fellaini just doesn't fit what Martinez has tried to do with his teams, and he certainly doesn't fit his ideal CAM. This likely means a move is on the cards, and it may be a relatively cut-price deal.

My money is still on Moyes bringing his focal-point (see: security-blanket) with him to United. I doubt he plays at CAM, but I would expect him to be a United player by September 1st.

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Laughing

Goal.com comments section frightens me a little bit.

Common sense and logic stay far away from that place.

and they decided to close the forum and promote the comments section.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 am

pretty sure TMO post in goal.com comment section lol
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:30 am

McLewis wrote:And Cavani is more complete imo.

That's not true.

Suarez is the better footballer. Cavani is the deadlier finisher and he is indeed quicker but Luis' movement makes up for it. Not that Cavani lacks movement, but Suarez' tactical awareness is out of this world - it's the best I've seen. And to be fair to Suarez, it's much easier to have movement to run behind the lines playing in a counter-attacking side and with pace like Cavani has than finding space in a crowded area.

It's one of the reasons why I was against signing Dempsey at the start of the year. Everybody kept mentioning "19 goals" blah blah. He never would of found the same space in the system we play, and he is struggling to find that "form" playing at a possession based side in Spurs.

Anyway. Cavani or Suarez to Madrid depends on their next manager. If they do indeed want to continue playing on the counter-attack, Cavani is their man. If they want to play a more pass and move game, or a game based out on movement, they should go for Luis. They'll go for around the same fee and are both quality. But they both need to play in a system that's suited to them.

As for the Uruguay argument. The Uruguayan formation suits Suarez a lot more than Cavani. That's why Cavani struggles for his NT. He plays on the wing or plays to support Suarez as the system is based around Luis. (It was based around Forlan before him.) NT football means *bleep* all though. The likes of Ronaldo and Messi have struggled for NT football for majority of their careers. It doesn't mean the players lack quality.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:23 am

The agent of PSG midfielder Javier Pastore has denied reports stating his client is set to join AC Milan this summer.

The Argentine has been earmarked as a target for the Rossoneri after the club announced that they will revert to a 4-3-1-2 formation for next season.

Despite being an ideal candidate to fill the attacking midfield position, the player’s agent has denied that the former Palermo player will leave France this summer.

“It is impossible that he will leave Paris, he will 100% remain,” Marcelo Simonian told Tuttomercatoweb.

“Even without [Carlo] Ancelotti? Yes.”

Pastore made 47 appearances for the French club last season, scoring eight goals as the club won their first Ligue 1 title since 1994.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/06/ac-milan-target-to-stay-at-psg-states-agent/The agent of PSG midfielder Javier Pastore has denied reports stating his client is set to join AC Milan this summer.

The Argentine has been earmarked as a target for the Rossoneri after the club announced that they will revert to a 4-3-1-2 formation for next season.

Despite being an ideal candidate to fill the attacking midfield position, the player’s agent has denied that the former Palermo player will leave France this summer.

“It is impossible that he will leave Paris, he will 100% remain,” Marcelo Simonian told Tuttomercatoweb.

“Even without [Carlo] Ancelotti? Yes.”

Pastore made 47 appearances for the French club last season, scoring eight goals as the club won their first Ligue 1 title since 1994.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/06/ac-milan-target-to-stay-at-psg-states-agent/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:41 am

windkick wrote:wait, Ronaldo is getting a 10M raise? For what? He's already rich, you guys should use that money for another signing/reinforcements

just a slight increase in his wages will cost us a fortune due to the tax law in spain. I think he is rumoured to get a 2 mill rise
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

Monaco are willing to pay €75 million for Ramos Shocked
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 am

Ok why is RMC saying Mou wants to boot out Torres and Mata? Mata? MATA?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:49 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Roberto won't want Fellaini at his club very much.

I think there's more than a hint of truth in that statement.

Let's be honest, Fellaini just doesn't fit what Martinez has tried to do with his teams, and he certainly doesn't fit his ideal CAM. This likely means a move is on the cards, and it may be a relatively cut-price deal.

My money is still on Moyes bringing his focal-point (see: security-blanket) with him to United. I doubt he plays at CAM, but I would expect him to be a United player by September 1st.

Yeah I was also thinking that, It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if Moyes brought Fellaini with him for that reason.

If Everton get £20-£25Million for him, they'd be doing great business. With that money, 3 or 4 players who are of a decent quality could be brought in. It would be an improvement for the player and the club in my opinion.

iftikhar wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Laughing

Goal.com comments section frightens me a little bit.

Common sense and logic stay far away from that place.

and they decided to close the forum and promote the comments section.

Laughing There was supposed to be a really new, revamped comment section being brought out. All they done was stop people commenting without an account and changed the design a little bit.

What a joke that was Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by schrutebucks Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Wellington Nem to Shakhtar Donetsk is 100% official
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Wasn't Fernando from Gremio also going there?

That means we won't see either of them on FIFA 14 now lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Shakhtar are in PES Twisted Evil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Roma are keen on bringing 19-year-old Boca Juniors defender Lisandro Magallan to the Italian capital.

Still without a manager in place, the Giallorossi are yet again tracking the South American market for young talent and the Argentine centre back may be the next arrival at the Stadio Olimpico.

Manchester City previously scouted the former Gimnasia La Plata man so Roma may have to beat of significant competition for his signature.

Magallan has appeared seven times for Boca and has represented his country at under-20 level on four occasions.

We're also keen on their young attacker Paredes. Could use Nico Burdisso as a bargaining chip.

Source - Forza Italian Football.

MOAR South American youngsters Twisted Evil

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 pm

wait for him in januaray squad update Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:57 pm

> Mou sells Mata to Madrid
> Buys all potential players Madrid might sign to save Madrid from meh signings
> Madrid sign players like Isco, Gundogan etc
> Mou quits before season even starts
> Perez unveils new Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 pm

> Plays ugly, underdog football with Madrid while players like Khedira and Di Maria are preferred to Gundogan and Isco
> Dressing room becomes disarrayed
> Blames Perez for not getting the signings he wanted
> Quotes: "These signings are the ones we deserve, but not the ones we need right now"
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Martinez wouldn't want Fellaini to stay at Everton? I've heard it all today. Skint Everton who start Anichebe up front?

Seems like the football purists on here think Fellaini is basically the midfield version of Heskey.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next