MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Will have preview up tomorrow after Wenger's press conference.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon May 13, 2013 11:26 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/05/12/3972366/adebayor-wants-to-kill-arsenals-hopes-of-a-top-four-finish?ICID=OP

*bleep* being civilized.

I hope we annihilate Spurs hopes of reaching the Champions League and make that sorry excuse of a human being eat his words for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

If I was one of the players, I would want to send out a message to that whore and Spurs by tearing Wigan into little, tiny, teeny weeny atoms.

(Though, I wish we faced anyone but Wigan, I have a soft spot for them ever since their first season in the EPL)
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue May 14, 2013 2:06 am

AnJl wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/05/12/3972366/adebayor-wants-to-kill-arsenals-hopes-of-a-top-four-finish?ICID=OP

*bleep* being civilized.

I hope we annihilate Spurs hopes of reaching the Champions League and make that sorry excuse of a human being eat his words for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

If I was one of the players, I would want to send out a message to that whore and Spurs by tearing Wigan into little, tiny, teeny weeny atoms.

(Though, I wish we faced anyone but Wigan, I have a soft spot for them ever since their first season in the EPL)

All I got from that article which was useful was :

Adebayor, who has scored 4 goals in 23 games for Spurs.

LOOL !
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by King Meyy Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 pm

How many more player for us to cash in on the managerial changes and as long as Mourinho does not come in....for us to go win the title?

Julio Cesar
A Centre Back
A good right back in exchange of Sagna
Fabregas or another world class midfielder
Jovetic or Higuain

SHould that do it?

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Think we will get Adler.

a CB (someone who has different qualities in him, someone like Sakho/Papadopolous)

Right back, maybe someone experience and in his late 20s so Jenkinson and Bellerin can grow more.

A CM to take the burden of Arteta.

Jovetic

Think that should do it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Emirates Cup teams confirmed.

August 3, 4

Napoli, Galatasaray, Porto

We play Napoli and Galatasaray, but not Porto (who play Napoli and Galatasaray themselves).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed May 15, 2013 7:19 pm

@Podolski10's goals last night meant he became the third player to score 10 in his first full season since Titi. The others? Giroud & Santi
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro E.Zackarias Thu May 16, 2013 2:29 am

Manchester United are banking on Robin van Persie to convince Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas about joining him at Old Trafford.

The London Evening Standard says United hope the presence of Van Persie at Old Trafford can convince Fabregas to return to the Premier League.

United are chasing the 26-year-old as they bid to strengthen their midfield next season.

Van Persie and Fabregas spent seven years together at Arsenal and it is hoped their friendship — and the fact the Dutchman won the Premier League title in his first season at United — can convince Fabregas to return to England.

Classless C*nt. Evil or Very Mad

Judas will make my hate reach new levels if takes such a cheap shot at Arsenal.

Alejandro E.Zackarias
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Alejandro E.Zackarias wrote:
Manchester United are banking on Robin van Persie to convince Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas about joining him at Old Trafford.

The London Evening Standard says United hope the presence of Van Persie at Old Trafford can convince Fabregas to return to the Premier League.

United are chasing the 26-year-old as they bid to strengthen their midfield next season.

Van Persie and Fabregas spent seven years together at Arsenal and it is hoped their friendship — and the fact the Dutchman won the Premier League title in his first season at United — can convince Fabregas to return to England.

Classless C*nt. Evil or Very Mad

Judas will make my hate reach new levels if takes such a cheap shot at Arsenal.

Trust me only way Cesc would think about going to Man u is if RIP offers him his wife once a week.
Cesc is still young and has won almost every major trophy there is, and would not betray Arsenal and especially Wenger.

If Cescs leaves Barcelona it would be Arsenal or Milan.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Trust me only way Cesc would think about going to Man u is if RIP offers him his wife once a week.
Cesc is still young and has one almost every major trophy there is, and would not betray Arsenal and especially Wenger.

If Cescs leaves Barcelona it would be Arsenal or Milan.

Two things.

1. I doubt Cesc would find Bouchra attractive. He recently turned dad, and named his new born daughter Lia. Thats the name of Arsene Wenger's daughter.

2. I don't get why he is always linked with Milan. Even when he left us, there were rumours of Milan. I don't think he has any connection with them. Don't see him going to Milan.

Anyway, shoddy journalism and speculation at best. Clearly visible, when you say a 7-year 'friendship' (of which Pursie spent long times in the infirmary) trumps the love for a club who made him a man and the mentor/father-figure who made him who he is.

Cesc is not going anywhere from Barca, esp if Thiago Alcantara is being sold to focus on Cesc.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:If Cescs leaves Barcelona it would be Arsenal or Milan.

Yeah, I don't want to over-romanticize Cesc or footballers in general. Obviously money and glory do a lot of talking. But it seems very clear that Cesc has a special place in his heart for Arsenal and for Wenger ... why would he go to rivals Man Utd now when they're potentially at their most vulnerable in years? Look, if Moyes' Utd wins the league and does really well in Europe, then we can have this conversation over. But I can't see it happening. RvP's situation last summer was very different from Cesc's now.

But if he doesn't end up back at Arsenal one day, I can definitely see him going to a big Italian club ... one day. Sri, I think Milan makes sense because it's a big club with resources and history, it wouldn't be in domestic competition with Arsenal or Barca, and Cesc could adapt seamlessly to the Italian game IMO. Imagine him supplying Balotelli, El Shaarawy, etc. Proud
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 2:30 pm

I can see that line of thought, but I just don't see him in Italy.

Maybe its romanticizing, but if he leaves Barca, I can only see him coming back. Anyway, we have first-refusal in his contract supposedly. And his release clause was supposedly 200m€. Put those together, and its kinda certain. I would go ballistic if we got first-refusal and didn't sign him up! You DO NOT pass up on a player of Cesc's quality!

Imagine him in that AM role with Jack and Ramsey behind, Cazorla/Podolski left and Theo/Ox right, with Jovetc/Rooney/Giroud upfront : affraid This is the guy who had Chamakh scoring goals ffs!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 2:31 pm

*bleep*. Now I need to switch on FIFA and buy him asap. Just for that combination.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 pm

srigooner wrote:Imagine him in that AM role with Jack and Ramsey behind, Cazorla/Podolski left and Theo/Ox right, with Jovetc/Rooney/Giroud upfront : affraid This is the guy who had Chamakh scoring goals ffs!

Assuming Ramsey continues his development as an Arteta-ish metronome & superb tackler (can we call him "the cultured enforcer"?), and that Wilshere's long-term place is as a tenacious CM carrier rather than a more advanced No. 10 (despite his shirt number) ... this really could be a nice set-up. Anyway I'd be happy to see it tried out.

:wub:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, to be honest, thats how I see it. I have, and always had, every faith in Jack and Ramsey as two of our midfield trio. Ramsey should gradually move deeper to take over from Arteta as the deepest midfielder in the double pivot.

Lot of people here agree that currently, Rosicky is the best player we have for that position. It is not surprising. He has a unique style, blending creative nous and up-field pressing. I don't see anyone in our current squad being quite the same.

Cazorla, for all his brilliance, is difficult to pin into a particular position or a rigid system. He has played AM/SS and LW with great success, as well as MIA games. He's just that brilliant, but can get marked out if there is nobody to share his creative burden. He flourishes when he has combinations, with Jack/Podolski being the prominent examples this season (imo).

Jack is brilliant, but has miles to go and injuries to keep at bay. He's got that creativity, but I think he will flourish from a role between the deepest and the furthest forward midfielders - a more traditional CM.

This goes on to emphasise that a no-non-sense-pure-and-pure-defensive-Brit-grit-and-steel-DM is not a necessity. Defending doesn't come from the GK, four defenders and the DM. It comes from playing as a team and maintaining a system with the right balance between attack and defense. Maybe why I don't see Le Coq moving on as a huge loss for him or for us.

Oh that brings me to Cesc. His best seasons where when he didn't have to worry about defending too much and concentrate on pulling the creative strings in a Cesc-role : not a traditional CAM, nor a SS and definitely not as a false 9. Thats when we wanted a good DM-CM double pivot to ensure that the defenders weren't exposed. Thats also when we switched from a 4-(1-2)-3 to a 4-(2-1)-3 of sorts.

Steve Bould's arrival has coincided with us having the second best defensive record in the league, despite hare-brained defending at some crucial points. But thats a topic for another post.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Ramsey the next Schweini...? hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 3:06 pm

MJGunner wrote:Ramsey the next Schweini...? hmm

Ramsey, the first Ramsey. :coffee: I hereby call a ban on all 'the next XYZ' comparisons. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Sri, the next Arsenal section mod...? hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 pm

MJ :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 16, 2013 3:56 pm

srigooner wrote:MJ :facepalm:
Arsenal Lobby - Page 3 QAj4GAM
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 16, 2013 3:57 pm

rofl

Love this section
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Lol ffs! Reminds me of the Batman movies from the 90s - before Christian Bale tookover. Proud

PS.: Gladiator :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 pm

srigooner wrote:Lol ffs! Reminds me of the Batman movies from the 90s - before Christian Bale tookover. Proud

PS.: Gladiator :bow:

One of my favorite movies of all time,. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Arsenal were drawn at home against Sheffield United in the Fifth Round and beat the Yorkshire team 2-1 thanks to goals from Patrick Vieira and Marc Overmars. However, the winning goal caused plenty of controversy.
The ball had been kicked into touch by a United player so one of his team-mates could receive treatment. But when Kanu received possession from the resulting throw, he broke away down the right and squared for Overmars to score.
The Blades were outraged and pointed the finger at Kanu but the Nigerian had simply misunderstood the situation, unaware that a United player had needed treatment. Nonetheless, the dispute was not going to be settled easily.
Arsène Wenger stepped in and, recognising the unique situation Arsenal found themselves in, he offered United manager Steve Bruce a chance to replay the match at Highbury.
Wenger's gracious offer was accepted and, with the FA's consent, the rematch took place 10 days later. Overmars and Dennis Bergkamp put Arsenal in charge and, although the Blades grabbed a late consolation, they suffered another 2-1 defeat.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ars-ne-wenger-offers-fa-cup-rematch

Proud

Pride of Football.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next