Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

bale or neymar - Page 4 Empty Re: bale or neymar

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:18 am

Does Bale's form and performance in a supposedly technically superior league do anything to change the perception of British footballers / football  in Europe?

And also, do you think he will inspire younger creme-de-la-crop Britons to try our for foreign academies?

Not sure if this question warranted a thread of its own or not.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:00 am

other than scoring bale has been meh, not even hating on him, the guy just lacks that level of technical ability to deal with tight spaces, in la liga he gets shepherd out of bound,his touch is heavy too, his decision making and passing is pretty bad, he is not doing enough overall, james and isco together>tbh, more pros than cons, reus also has high technical ability and would be a better fit on the right
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:53 am

Carlo should try James on the right and Bale on the left.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:14 pm

James>both

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Killer would really make a great comedian.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:33 pm

the technique of Bale is underrated.
Is not a phenomenon in dribbling but that because of its physical structure. Ronaldo is not even.
How many great dribblers you know over six feet?
The dribbling is overrated, many people think that being good at dribbling is synonymous of a technical player.
The short players are the best in dribbling due to the low center of gravity and short legs.

Neymar is better dribbler than Bale, especially, due to  its physical structure. But I can not say that he is a lot more skillful than Bale.

Neymar can't shot like bale
Can't cross like Bale
Bale is also a better long passer.

The first touch of Bale is very good, it is not even completely null,
in tight spaces as many people say, Look the goals against Real Sociedad and Shalke 04

Last edited by Killer on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Bankz wrote:Killer would really make a great comedian.

Who was the best player of the World Cup, who was the top scorer?
James or Neymar?

Even statistically Neymar and James are close despite James plays in midfield with defensive duties.
There is also the variant Messi, Neymar gets many benefits from him like all those who play with him

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Killer has a point in that James is fantastic and the argument he is as good if not better than both is one that i could entertain myself
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:54 pm

James shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Bale and Neymar.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Ganso, when you look at what Neymar has been doing since he moved to Europe, and compare it to what James has been doing in the same time frame, including the world cup, there is no difference at all.

don't let the bias cloud your vision. the simple fact that you even refuse to entertain the idea without weighting out exactly what they have done in the past 12-18 months is ridiculous.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:59 pm

I would take James over Bale, but not Neymar.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:06 pm

James is one of the reasons(the other is Kroos) why the Real Madrid now plays much better.
Are much better, in organizing the game and keep the ball, lose less balls since the days of Ozil and Di Maria.
in any case i think James  is very limited by Real, at the time of Monaco and Porto was a player than tried more often difficult things with the ball.

Last edited by Killer on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Killer wrote:James is one of the reasons(the other is Kroos) why the Real Madrid now plays much better.
Are much better, in organizing the game and keep the ball, lose less balls since the days of Ozil and Di Maria.
in any case i think James  is very limited by Real, at the time of Monaco and Porto was a player than tried more often difficult things with the ball.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:20 pm

@nick and killer. By your logic, great wc, won cl, won league, won italian cup so, sneider >>>> messi and ronaldo. Muller had a great wc so, muller >>> ronaldo and messi? Lol.. James isn't even half the player bale is how much more neymar. The mere fact u entertain the idea of james being better than both is worrying at best.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:24 pm

but Neymar is not in the same level of Messi and Ronaldo, not even close.
Muller and Sneijder, had great teams around them, James not, and their individual performance are not have even close to those of james.
James led Colombia for the first time in history to the quarterfinals, was the soul of the team, Muller and Snjder scored only tap-ins thanks to their great teams. Would never have been able to do what did James. Muller especially individually is 0, is a system player.

I also think that the world cup of 2010 of Messi is very underrated, until the match against Germany was always pretty good.

Last edited by Killer on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:26 pm

@killer. And i was thinking u were joking all this while. Are u really for real? @nick. What has james done in the past 18 months? Being eliminated out of the wc Q'finals by neymar and co? Or being individually battered in a friendly again by guess who? Errrrr, Captain Neymar. Or winning the cl with monaco? Or scoring 50 goals in the french league? Or breaking records with the NT? Or actually winning trophies with the NT...And here i was, thinking we were having a light hearted joke..

Last edited by Bankz on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Bankz wrote:@nick and killer. By your logic, great wc, won cl, won league, won italian cup so, sneider >>>> messi and ronaldo. Muller had a great wc so, muller >>> ronaldo and messi? Lol.. James isn't even half the player bale is how much more neymar. The mere fact u entertain the idea of james being better than both is worrying at best.
what a bunch of awful comparisons lmao. you do not make any sense.

cr and messi have a body of work that makes any comparison with those i mentioned, useless.

in the past 18 month, james and merman have had a similar body of work, i don't see any reason why james should be called an inferior player to merman at this point, if not for the fantasies that you lots entertain about neymar's talent and so on.

and i didn't mention the world cup as the deciding factor as for the quality of a player. And since you mentioned it, Muller is just as good as those guys, he just doesn't do step overs so he gets underrated lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 pm

lol Rivaldo is good like Baggio, if not better.  I want to correct you Rivaldo has two great world cups, not just one

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ganso, when you look at what Neymar has been doing since he moved to Europe, and compare it to what James has been doing in the same time frame, including the world cup, there is no difference at all.

don't let the bias cloud your vision. the simple fact that you even refuse to entertain the idea without weighting out exactly what they have done in the past 12-18 months is ridiculous.
What exactly has James done in the past 12-18 months that was so special? In matter of fact, what has James done in his entire career to be compared to Neymar and specially Bale? I honestly can't see how they are comparable atm.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:40 pm

James is better than Bale imo. Regarding the comparasion between James and Neymar, it depends on what you want. I believe that the Brazilian is a bit better, but they are both at the start of their careers and will improve massively in the next seasons.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Ganso wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Ganso, when you look at what Neymar has been doing since he moved to Europe, and compare it to what James has been doing in the same time frame, including the world cup, there is no difference at all.

What exactly has James done in the past 12-18 months that was so special? In matter of fact, what has James done in his entire career to be compared to Neymar and specially Bale? I honestly can't see how they are comparable atm.
what has merman done in his career that is so special? and please do not bring up his performances in friendlies vs china or what he did in south america, that's B level football of no relevance at all.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Ganso wrote:

what has merman done in his career that is so special? and please do not bring up his performances in friendlies vs china or what he did in south america, that's B level football of no relevance at all.
You didn't answer my question. James was nothing special at Porto nor at Monaco, which isn't far away from this "B" level football you talk about. This first half of the season from Nerman is better than anything James has done in his entire club career. Bale destroyed the PL for a couple of years and was one of the best players for Real last season.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:50 pm

"This first half of the season from Nerman is better than anything James has done in his entire club career"

this is what i thought, lacking any kind of objectivity. go on then, you can continuity talking to yourself in portuguese lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:54 pm

My God!!! I cant believe what i'm reading.. What has neymar done in his career? *facepalm*. In that case let me ask moniseur nick, what has james done in his life to warrant a comparision with bale and neymar. So neymar plays only friendlies against china? And james plays against who? *facepalm*.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next