M99
rwo power
VivaStPauli
Casciavit
barca 2011
74 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Official Retirement Appreciation Thread

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 14 Imitador-van-gaal-protagonista-inglaterra-1454316270560

Molenation

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Official Retirement Appreciation Thread

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:34 pm

I don't like him since his time at Man United. Laughing

I can understand that he was of some importance in what Bayern is today, but he didn't ever impress me very much as a coach.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Thimmy wrote:Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 14 Imitador-van-gaal-protagonista-inglaterra-1454316270560

Molenation

My all time favourite newspaper headline Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Would still start at Man United tbh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:14 pm

GOAT

The best African player ever for me.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Robespierre wrote:GOAT

over Zidane?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Legend at Barca, he was such a goal machine. Until Pep forced him out to Inter and came back to haunt us Sad

One of the best strikers ever, take a bow Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:04 pm

13 Clubs Shocked . Didn't know he switched so many times. Also, surprising that he didn't win the EPL with Chelsea.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:

over Zidane?

Zidane is French
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Robespierre wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

over Zidane?

Zidane is French

Is he really though?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:48 pm

just mentioned him in a post yesterday and it inspired me to watch his barcelona goals again

The dude was a machine and as a striker he had it all. He was pretty clinical, he was technically very good, he had amazing positioning, his passing was never that bad, scored with the left, scored with the right, had pace. Maybe the only thing I can think of is that he didn't score often with his head, but then again, how often did Barca cross the ball (in the air)? A truly complete striker. Reminds me of what Aguero is right now in a lot of ways.

Shows in the stats too. Amazing goalscoring record for Barca and for his entire career.

Greatest African striker of all time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:

over Zidane?

Let's not forget about Benzema
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

over Zidane?

Let's not forget about Benzema

Benzema is French
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:32 pm

CBarca wrote:just mentioned him in a post yesterday and it inspired me to watch his barcelona goals again

The dude was a machine and as a striker he had it all. He was pretty clinical, he was technically very good, he had amazing positioning, his passing was never that bad, scored with the left, scored with the right, had pace. Maybe the only thing I can think of is that he didn't score often with his head, but then again, how often did Barca cross the ball (in the air)? A truly complete striker. Reminds me of what Aguero is right now in a lot of ways.

Shows in the stats too. Amazing goalscoring record for Barca and for his entire career.

perfect summary

Eto'o Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 pm

I've always wondered this: does anyone know what the Eto'o celebration meant after his 2009 CL final opening goal?

He ran to the corner flag while his left palm was turned up and slapped his left arm like 10 times

Never saw it before, I've never seen it since, from him or anyone
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

over Zidane?

Zidane is French

Is he really though?

Definitely yes, otherwise it means we live still in Middle Age
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:10 pm

CBarca wrote:just mentioned him in a post yesterday and it inspired me to watch his barcelona goals again

Closest thing to R9 for me.
Incredibly good to make everything, I quote what you've written.
Shame he's chosen to retire from great football "on advance", that Azhni experience has been a decisive break for him (and I don't say it because he left Inter exactly for Anzhi. That makes me crazy to think that Anzhi exsisted just to take Eto'o :lol) . After he's been same Eto'o for logical reasons. But he's always been so attached to money.
I remember prime Eto'o was close to leave  leave  Barcelona for Turkmeizstan lol  
In fact, yes, he got retired offically now but honestly who considered him still a football player...
Last 4 years :Antalyaspor ,Konyaspor Konyaspor, Qatar SC

My fav memory about him - it is easy

I've cried after it, CL victory was a real feeling after it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 am

I hated Eto'o and I loved Eto'o.

I'm thankful I got to watch him play though, he is an undoubted legend. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 pm

Berbatov hasn't had a team for a year but just posted recently to say he is retired (because people keep asking him).

He may not have ever been a top top striker, but he was damn good, and easily one of the most technically gifted strikers of all time. One of my favorite players growing up. You couldn't find a more silky smooth striker than Berbatov, and he's one of those players with a highlight reel of incredible strikes. Overhead kicks, audacious volleys, chips, strikes from outside the box, headers...

I don't know what went on between him and SAF that Lea to a United career that never really took off (he wasn't a flop, just wasn't outstanding) but I think we lost a couple years of seeing what Berbatov could really do at a top team. He had his moments, though.

Cheers to him
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:30 am

Mate BBtov had tekkers for dayyyyys. Was always a joy to watch him play tbh.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Berbatov was a bit special, like a mini-Zlatan. Had he been a bit quicker we might be talking about a legendary striker.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Pirlo of stikers.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:57 pm

CBarca wrote:Berbatov hasn't had a team for a year but just posted recently to say he is retired (because people keep asking him).

He may not have ever been a top top striker, but he was damn good, and easily one of the most technically gifted strikers of all time. One of my favorite players growing up. You couldn't find a more silky smooth striker than Berbatov, and he's one of those players with a highlight reel of incredible strikes. Overhead kicks, audacious volleys, chips, strikes from outside the box, headers...

I don't know what went on between him and SAF that Lea to a United career that never really took off (he wasn't a flop, just wasn't outstanding) but I think we lost a couple of years of seeing what Berbatov could really do at a top team. He had his moments, though.  

Cheers to him

Was there an issue between him SAF? I really appreciated his nonchalant, effortless, yet technically excellent style of play, but I imagine him looking like he was about to fall asleep when he didn't have the ball at his feet was the reason why his career never quite took off despite how incredibly talented he was. I mean, Zlatan may be slow, but his dedication has always been unquestionable. He's got a winner's mentality. I can't honestly say that Berbatov had a tendency to show the same degree of dedication.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Berbatov was a genius in his own right. His ability with the ball was limitless and I cannot stress how technically gifted he was.

Watching him was like watching Federer in a mid Grand Slam, both of them artists with the 'ball' and never needing to rush their feet and choosing not to, in order to stick with the core principle of how they prefer to play.

Calling Berba lazy is just simplifying it as yes he could have had better habits and certainly played harder but that was who and how he was and in his own alternate way made him the player he came to be.

I do remember this one particular game for United where he was forced to put the afterburners was amongst the best performances of his life, similar to Zlatan when he is angry, to which was not often enough.

Made me think of how much more effective he could have been if the Bulgarian and Zlatan himself always carried that mentality.

Either way a great career no doubt and will be remembered very fondly by purists once his memory ages well and not just of what he could have been, but what he was itself.

He will be missed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next