Mr Nick09
VivaStPauli
izzy
Grooverider
sportsczy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

L'Equipe:  PSG will only release Carlo if Madrid negotiates for CR7 Empty L'Equipe: PSG will only release Carlo if Madrid negotiates for CR7

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 am

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/15/primera/1368609656_906563.html

Otherwise, they will not release Carlo A for any price and will force him to see out the final year of his contract.

As i mentioned in chat to RG a couple of weeks ago, they are pissed that Madrid went behind their backs to talk to Carlo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

L'Equipe:  PSG will only release Carlo if Madrid negotiates for CR7 Empty Re: L'Equipe: PSG will only release Carlo if Madrid negotiates for CR7

Post by Grooverider Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 am

PSG taking no nonsense .... :bow:
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

L'Equipe:  PSG will only release Carlo if Madrid negotiates for CR7 Empty Re: L'Equipe: PSG will only release Carlo if Madrid negotiates for CR7

Post by izzy Wed May 15, 2013 11:53 am

Sure..... Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 12:07 pm

There's no expectation that Madrid will agree... it's more about saying "frak off" to Madrid.

Carlo is kind of screwed too. With this stunt, he manages next year and then Wenger comes when his contract is over.

You don't mess around like this with clubs you can't bully. Bronzetti frakked up horribly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Well what do they expect, a contract is a contract. You can get sometimes wiggle out of one, but that requires some good will from the other party. Can't get that, if you go behind their backs.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 15, 2013 12:10 pm

PSG :bow:

you tell them overlords spaniards to go feck burros

Ancelotti is staying, hopefully PSG dont cave
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Carlo is kind of screwed too. With this stunt, he manages next year and then Wenger comes when his contract is over.

Hands off. Evil or Very Mad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 12:18 pm

srigooner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Carlo is kind of screwed too. With this stunt, he manages next year and then Wenger comes when his contract is over.

After Madrid back-stabbed PSG, PSG asked Arsenal if they would be willing to negotiate a fee for Wenger to forego his last year and they said no. PSG respected that and never formally approached Wenger at all. That's the way to do it.

But Wenger is free next summer. He either retires or manages a club in France from what i heard.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 pm

PSG forcing Ancelotti to fulfill his contract will be epic. although i dont give it a lot of chances of happening
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:PSG forcing Ancelotti to fulfill his contract will be epic. although i dont give it a lot of chances of happening
I don't think it'll cost Madrid CR7... that's just a negotiation starting point. But i can see it costing Benzema and Coentrao.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 15, 2013 12:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:
srigooner wrote:

After Madrid back-stabbed PSG, PSG asked Arsenal if they would be willing to negotiate a fee for Wenger to forego his last year and they said no. PSG respected that and never formally approached Wenger at all. That's the way to do it.

But Wenger is free next summer. He either retires or manages a club in France from what i heard.

Yes, yes.

Call it wishful thinking if you will sports, but I think (and want) Arsene to stay with us till he retires. And see him lift a few more trophies with us again. I don't think I can ever see him at another club, but thats just me. Anyway, off topic here.

On topic, will forcing Carlo to stay ensure he delivers his best for another year? (Similar questions asked when a player is kept on for the last year of his contract against his will, yeah?)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Carlo is a pro. As a manager more than anyone else, you don't want to be seen as someone who isn't a pro and doesn't respect contracts. Owners don't hire managers they can't trust as a general rule.

If he's forced to stay, then he'll do his best. Carlo is a good man. He just miscalculated here... he should have talked to PSG first and then talked to Madrid.

Besides, it's his rep on the line. If the club does badly, he won't find a good job after he leaves PSG. It's self-serving to give his best too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 15, 2013 12:54 pm

True that. Carlo is defenitely a good man(ager).

Would be interesting who goes to RM if not Carlo. Such a lot of manager and striker merry-go-rounds this summer! bounce

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 15, 2013 1:04 pm

who wants carlo? another so called champions league winner that will come and leave on his ass in two years. he should stay at PSG where he started something good with them. his backwards narrow tactics he will force on madrid as he does in everyclub will lose us the league next year by december.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 15, 2013 1:42 pm

If you read L'Equipe paper edition, you get a better sense of the atmosphere and context at Paris right now. The atmosphere is a bit heavy between Ancelotti and the management. Ancelotti do not trust them anymore, because they keep on going behind his back proposing things to Mourinho, as the 15m leonardo offered to mou but was turned down, and the meeting they have with Wenger next week. PSG are not even in a hurry to talk to Ancelotti to solidify his position. People around Carlo saying that all the money in the world is not enough to buy the experience of managing a big club. L'Equipe are also reporting that PSG would let Carlo leave for 7.5m or if they can negotiate with CR.

So basically this is all posturing. From what they say:
-Ancelotti is going to leave, it's a matter of how.
-PSG are actively looking at other managers, Mourinho is out of their reach, and i think Wenger turns them down next week. Mancini just got released, and Benitez will be free as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Except the Wenger meeting is contingent on Arsenal allowing it to happen. Wenger would need to ask Arsenal for them to allow it. So far, this is only a request from PSG...

And PSG would be stupid not to look at alternatives. If they don't find a suitable one, however, i expect Carlo to be forced to stay.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 15, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't get it.. Why PSG doesn't make a move for Blanc ? Has he signed for any team yet ?

Farcelotti won the league this season and if he does stay at PSG for whatever reasons , he will give two s***s about it next season , that you can be sure about Laughing Although i must confess ,i am not so sure who could actualy challenge PSG for the title next season anyway.

In any case , Ancelotti always wanted to coach Real. He's waited long enough and now he could be close , so PSG shouldn't block his way , instead they should be approaching Blanc , if he's available of course.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 15, 2013 2:56 pm

because blanc is meh with extra salt and spice
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 pm

That's like me telling the fittest girl in my Uni I will give her a hug if she gives me a blow job.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:because blanc is meh with extra salt and spice

Any coach who's won the league with Bordeaux whilst making Gourcuff look like the 2nd coming of christ , is ace in my book :bow: Especialy when i consider the states of Bordeaux and France before Blanc took them over , you can't deny he did a great job .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Blanc can't manage the egos of stars... that's where he failed with France NT at the Euros. That's why a club like PSG, that has a lot of egos to manage, won't go for him.

He's also not very good with the media.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 15, 2013 4:45 pm

May I suggest only using one thread for the Madrid/Carlo rumors?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 15, 2013 6:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:Blanc can't manage the egos of stars... that's where he failed with France NT at the Euros. That's why a club like PSG, that has a lot of egos to manage, won't go for him.

He's also not very good with the media.

*Sorry i couldn't respond earlier .

You think Ancelotti is better at that Sportsczy? He's not a great manager of star egos , he's a great sucker of c**ks of star egos , there's a difference

Once he actualy admitted it , said something like this " if a player likes to go out at nights , as long as they are good in training tomorrow morning , it's fine with me.
He gets softer and softer with the players he depends on, so he thinks they will appreciate him more and play for him on the field. That's his technique , he lets them do what they like , that's how he manages egos Laughing

Great way of managing star players.. going their way at all times otherwise he gets his ass kicked and he knows it . Which team is going to choose between his best players or a coach? Except Manchester United under Ferguson , not one would choose the coach. Look at Mourinho for example. Mourinho is a real manager of star egos , at least when he can handle his own first.. (lol) Having said that , tell me , now that he got all screwed up with Casillas and co, "oh what may possibly have happened with the manager of the stars and he's leaving Real"?Shocked really.. You see , Ancelotti understands this very well.He knows that he can't really handle the stars in his team , so he just bends over and they are all happy together Laughing

I wonder though , what happens when players don't have a shred of fear about their coach anymore ? What happens when they supercede the status of coach-player and things get personal , either because some players clearly have a certain 'beneficial' relationship with the coach and some others don't? that's right , coach gets fired Laughing

Ferguson actualy managed star egos since forever , Guardiola did to a great degree , Sacchi did to perfection , Capello did as well , Del Bosque did e.t.c . Ancelotti is a farce , who happened to have a great relationship with the Milan management and he made a name for himself , surprise surprise, because Berlusconi used to spend money on Milan back then. Obviously he's not a bad coach by any means , knows the road to success having experienced it both as player and as coach, but the only time he worked without having money to back him up , not only he didn't win anything , but managed to throw Milan into the Europa League , a year after he won the CL and whilst Kaka was pretty much on top of his game. Over rated coach , who's pretty much unable of change .

As far as Blanc goes.. well , i think France didn't have success at the Euros , because clearly they didn't have one leader on the field. Not because Blanc couldn't handle Debuchy and Cabaye and Benzema , come on.Did Domenech handled star egos when he reached the World Cup final in 2006 ? The guy who looked to the zodiac cycle to pick his players Laughing ? Obviously no , he did the same as Ancelotti and it's evident from Zidane's headbutt reaction.. free to roam ! But anyway , he had Zidane in his team , had Henry , had Thyram and Viera , leaders. That's the reason France didn't impress in the Euros , not Blanc. Blanc's a great coach imo and i think he will prove it straight away when he joins a club who can give him time and money to build his project.

I might be wrong of course , i am certainly no expert in French football , but i rate Blanc high. Perhaps you could convince me otherwise ? Because i am fairly certain star egos are pretty easy to handle today , at least with Ancelotti's way it is Laughing . As far as i get it , Blanc took France NT from chaos and made them a team again , he must have managed whatever star egos he got pretty well to do this.Now , if players wheren't up to the task in the Euros and he took the fall , i can hardly blame him , it would happen either way , it usualy does.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Carlo did an extremely good job handling the media and most of the players this year... that was the most impressive part of his year. When you have competition for positions, you're going to have friction (Nene, Menez, Sakho, etc).

But it never spilled out and his authority was never in question. He held it together even when things were not going so well at one point.

Blanc completely lost the locker room and the media. It got to the point where players cursed him out and questioned him openly. That lack of discipline spilled onto the field... the leaders tried to stand up for him like Ribery and Diarra. But since Blanc didn't carry a stick, they were ignored. With Deschamps, that's done. Everyone on France NT knows that if they cross DD, they're out regardless of their status. So everyone's shut up. He's also discarded problems like Nasri and Ben Arfa.

You can't have a noob in these top roles. Blanc is still a noob at this. I don't even know if Monaco will hire him tbh and that's where he's linked to.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed May 15, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm

As a man manager, i think carlo is the kind of person that treats his players like adults and try to make them accountable for their own decisions. He doesnt try to go around sniffing in their businesses like guardiola. there are different man management techniques obviously, but it all depends of the players you are coaching, some needs more discipline than others. I dont think being a good man manager has to do with how much you can beat discipline into a player, there are softer ways to do it.

Mou in madrid failed because he tried to enforce the way players needed to think and act, all for his sake. Wrong approach there. Capello also tried to be an enforcer in madrid, failed. Carlo will actually succeed at that level i think. he has a very soft approach to people and i think our players are more comfortable with that kind of leader, the Del Bosque type.

It's for his tactics that i am worried.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next