Mr Nick09
93 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

AS Monaco superteam - Page 8 Empty Re: AS Monaco superteam

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 pm

No Nick:

Valdes
Corchia-Mangala or Isimat-Mirin-Carvalho-Coentrao (18 mil rumored)
Mbia-Moutinho
Rodriguez-Ocampos-Menez
Falcao

That's what it's going to look like when it's over or close to it

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Donuts wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Lex wrote:After getting dismantled 7-0 over two legs in Europe, you have the testicular fortitude to talk about failure? Laughing
I think Falcao rather win trophies rather then go to a downhill club who considers 4th place an accolade.

Joining a club fresh out of ligue 2 to win trophies. Seems legit

You must be extremely naive if you think Falcao is moving to Monaco to win trophies. Specially after he just won the CDR last week at Atletico. Which is a trophy btw.
Wanna make a sig or name gamble Monaco would win more trophies next season then Atletico and Arsenal put together? Smile

So you DO believe Monaco are a step up from Atletico ? And joining Monaco is superior to joining Arsenal ?

Do you also believe Eto'o joined Anzhi to win trophies ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:05 pm

RG... you know OM has a massive CV i hope. In fact, i know you do. They're the 3rd most storied club in France after St Etienne and OM.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:RG... you know OM has a massive CV i hope. In fact, i know you do. They're the 3rd most storied club in France after St Etienne and OM.

Of course. I started watching ligue 1 when Monaco were runners up to lyon. I know how good their history is. But History is not relevant here.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:RG... you know OM has a massive CV i hope. In fact, i know you do. They're the 3rd most storied club in France after St Etienne and OM.

Let's not play ourselves now Sports, we know that's not why Falcao is joining them...

I have no problem with it really.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 27, 2013 8:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Donuts wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

You must be extremely naive if you think Falcao is moving to Monaco to win trophies. Specially after he just won the CDR last week at Atletico. Which is a trophy btw.
Wanna make a sig or name gamble Monaco would win more trophies next season then Atletico and Arsenal put together? Smile

So you DO believe Monaco are a step up from Atletico ? And joining Monaco is superior to joining Arsenal ?

Except the French league is nothing like the Russian one?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 pm

I have no problem with Falcao joining Monaco. I am excited by it. PSG won't be able to form a monopoly.

But i really can't stand when people say he is joining or players like Eto'o, Willian are joining mega rich clubs for Trophies. It's just not true

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Donuts wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Donuts wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Except the French league is nothing like the Russian one?

Don't avoid the other question.

Leagues are nothing alike? true. Are both clubs stupidly rich ? yes. Will both clubs be paying stupid amount of wages to the high profile players ? yes.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Monaco is going to be major force in France next year and in Europe the year after.... there is no denying that. Everyone can be upset at how they're building the team. But they're going to be extremely good. Unless Man U, Madrid, Barca, Juve, PSG or Bayern come calling, Monaco is not a worse place to go than anywhere else.

I don't think there's a business model here like PSG... there's no way the make this sustainable. But i'm happy for L1 because it brings more eyes to it until OM, OL and others get their stadiums together and, hopefully, invest bigger.

There's a 50/50 chance Wenger lands there next summer too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:16 pm

you can't compare a russian team to L1 and Monaco... come on RG. It's completely different. Monaco has always attracted top players. Always.

Here's a small list:
Manuel Amoros (1980-1989), Bruno Bellone (1980-1987), Umberto Barberis (1980-1982), Marcel Dib (1985-1993), Luc Sonor (1986-1995), Glenn Hoddle (1987-1991), George Weah (1988-1992), Emmanuel Petit (1989-1997), Youri Djorkaeff (1990-1995), Lilian Thuran (1991-1996), Jürgen Klinsmann (1992-1994), Victor Ikpeba (1993-1999), Thierry Henry (1994-1999), David Trezeguet (1995-2000), Fabien Barthez (1995-2000), Ludovic Giuly (1998-2004/2011-),

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:Monaco is going to be major force in France next year and in Europe the year after.... there is no denying that.

Except there is. Throwing shed loads of money doesn't always go to plan e.g Man City and Anzhi.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm

The french league has much more competition, has a history of Champions league, the French produces much more quality players and the league is growing rapidly. Just like how people thought Ibrahimovic / TS / Lavezzi / Lucas going to PSG was a waste of a career but they actually pulled competition in the Champions league, now Monaco is coming and pulling the same big names in just one year, they are going to be a force to reckon with and the spending wont stop at Falcao.
and to answer your question RG Eto left to a dying league with one powerhouse team, French league is now blooming and growing much more faster then any other league at the moment, the exposure to the league in terms of television is large.

Last edited by Donuts on Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:19 pm

The_Badger wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Monaco is going to be major force in France next year and in Europe the year after.... there is no denying that.

Except there is. Throwing shed loads of money doesn't always go to plan e.g Man City and Anzhi.
Man City bought 384764 CFs and forgot the rest of the pitch other than shat fullbacks lol. I see that there's balance to the purchases. And Anzhi got Eto'o and who else other than Willian coming in this year? This is much bigger in scale.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Donuts wrote:The french league has much more competition, has a history of Champions league, the French produces much more quality players and the league is growing rapidly. Just like how people thought Ibrahimovic / TS / Lavezzi / Lucas going to PSG was a waste of a career but they actually pulled competition in the Champions league, now Monaco is coming and pulling the same big names in just one year, they are going to be a force to reckon with and the spending wont stop at Falcao.
If L1 could just hold on to its best players mostly, it would be like Bundi....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 pm

What top class defenders have Monaco bought?

I think you're getting ahead of yourself with the prediction. Remember they still have The Tinkerman in charge!

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:you can't compare a russian team to L1 and Monaco... come on RG. It's completely different. Monaco has always attracted top players. Always.

Here's a small list:
Manuel Amoros (1980-1989), Bruno Bellone (1980-1987), Umberto Barberis (1980-1982), Marcel Dib (1985-1993), Luc Sonor (1986-1995), Glenn Hoddle (1987-1991), George Weah (1988-1992), Emmanuel Petit (1989-1997), Youri Djorkaeff (1990-1995), Lilian Thuran (1991-1996), Jürgen Klinsmann (1992-1994), Victor Ikpeba (1993-1999), Thierry Henry (1994-1999), David Trezeguet (1995-2000), Fabien Barthez (1995-2000), Ludovic Giuly (1998-2004/2011-),

Most of them joined Monaco when Monaco were going through their golden period. Joined them because they were already the big club, not in ligue 2.

And also Henry, petit lol ? Henry was in their youth ranks. Petit joined at 16.

Once again, i am not comparing the leagues. Ligue 1 is better than the Russian league. There is no denying that. But You really can't stay players are joining Monaco for their prestige rather than money.

Valdes could have joined a better club in EPL/SerieA/La Liga. But he is joining Monaco for a massive paycheck. Falcao could have joined The ex CL winners Chelsea. Could have joined Madrid even. But Monaco are paying more. He doesn't have to pay taxes over there

Nothing wrong with that. But it's the truth.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Falcao cannot join Chelsea or any other EPL team unless the 3rd party investors agree to get bought out... the don't want to. I bet you Monaco only pays 55% of all the total transfer fee. David Luiz lucked out and because they agree to get bought out by Benfica.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Henry was on WC 98 squad while he was at Monaco. Barthez too. Trezeguet scored the Euro winning goal in Euro 2000 and he was a Monaco player.

Also, Monaco was in the CL final in 2003... when you think about it, Monaco has a better European record as far as reaching the semis or later than Arsenal lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Donuts wrote:The french league has much more competition, has a history of Champions league, the French produces much more quality players and the league is growing rapidly. Just like how people thought Ibrahimovic / TS / Lavezzi / Lucas going to PSG was a waste of a career but they actually pulled competition in the Champions league, now Monaco is coming and pulling the same big names in just one year, they are going to be a force to reckon with and the spending wont stop at Falcao.
and to answer your question RG Eto left to a dying league with one powerhouse team, French league is now blooming and growing much more faster then any other league at the moment, the exposure to the league in terms of television is large.

Ligue one will never touch the other top leagues. No matter what they do. Take it from someone who has been watching the league for the last 7 years. History of Champions league ? There is only 1 french club in whole of ligue 1's history with a CL trophy. Winning the ligue 1 has done nothing to Ibra's career nor Lavezzi's or Lucas. Lucas will leave ligue 1 eventually, for the better leagues. Falcao himself won't be at Monaco in 2 years.

Spending won't stop at Moncao ? thanks for finally admitting it. We are getting somewhere.

French league not blooming and growing faster than the PL, La liga and specially not Bundesliga. It will never touch those 3 leagues.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Henry was on WC 98 squad while he was at Monaco. Barthez too. Trezeguet scored the Euro winning goal in Euro 2000 and he was a Monaco player.

Also, Monaco was in the CL final in 2003... when you think about it, Monaco has a better European record as far as reaching the semis or later than Arsenal lol.

Yea, Henry was already at Moncao before he was picked for the WC squad. He was in their youth ranks... Trezeguet joined Monaco in 1995...

Moncao in the CL ?

Arsenal are 6th in the UEFA ranking. Moncao are not even in the top 450.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Wrong on many counts RG... but i won't get into it. L1 needed to transition to a modern model and get new stadiums in. A lot of antiquated clubs out there. With Euro 2016, a lot of those projects are getting done. Foreign investment is flowing in now, which is the key.

La Liga has 2 clubs and is not growing. Huge financial problems but without a model.

EPL is not developing any players. It's lived on poaching off of other leagues. But if Serie A and L1 are able to pay their stars to stay... that lack of development will be exposed. Doesn't mean EPL won't be the most watched and hyped. As it is, Bundi plays the best footy in the world followed by La Liga. It's a toss up between Serie A and EPL after that.

Last 7 years have been the worse year for L1 ever. That tendency is reversed. OM, Lyon, Bordeaux and maybe even Nice will join PSG and Monaco soon since they have new stadiums coming. Lille is going to be there. If the billionaire in Rennes decides to invest with Montanier as manager, they'll be there too.

But it's all opinion. I disagree with you strongly. L1 develops a lot of its own talent and doesn't need huge investment... just enough to keep them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Let's agree to disagree

And you of all people know how much i watch and like ligue 1.

I didn't want to turn the discussion that way either. My point was and still is that i have no problem with Falcao joining Monaco. But if peolpe think that Monaco specifically researched on the history of Monaco and joined them because they are the 3rd most successful club in france, while he is getting all giddy about adding ligue 1 to his achievement, rather than earning enough cash to make his retirement all sweet and happy. Then i really don't agree.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Henry was on WC 98 squad while he was at Monaco. Barthez too. Trezeguet scored the Euro winning goal in Euro 2000 and he was a Monaco player.

Yea, Henry was already at Moncao before he was picked for the WC squad. He was in their youth ranks... Trezeguet joined Monaco in 1995...

Moncao in the CL ?

Arsenal are 6th in the UEFA ranking. Moncao are not even in the top 450.
Not talking now lol, monaco got relegated... but if you look at European history in the past 23 years, Monaco made a CL final and 2 semis. Also made a Europa final and 2 semis.

Edit: rest is not needed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 pm

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/383750/monaco-s-est-aussi-renseigne-sur-di-maria/

Monaco offering €30 mil for Di Maria.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 27, 2013 8:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/383750/monaco-s-est-aussi-renseigne-sur-di-maria/

SEEEELLLLLL!!!!!! bounce
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/383750/monaco-s-est-aussi-renseigne-sur-di-maria/

SEEEELLLLLL!!!!!! bounce
How many games do you think Di Maria last in L1 before he gets injured Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content