How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time?

+10
Milan31
Eivindo
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Il Diavolo
KR10
shamr9pato
•MilanDevil•
Forza
Milantildeath
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time? Empty How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time?

Post by Milantildeath Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 am

I've said over and over again that with Pazzini on the field we play our best football(i'm sure i sound like a broken record). We MUST find a way to put Pazzini and Balotelli on the field at the same time. With the dip in scoring from SES, we must utilize the threat that Pazzini and Balotelli posses. I'm 100% okay with playing them at the same time. I have a crazy idea, why not play Balotelli at LW and SES at RW. SES has turned into more of a buildup player now rather than the ruthless goalscorer he was. He is still very important to our squad, maybe on the less he can be less predictable as well. My suggestions.

Ideal solution:

------------------------------Abbiati
Abate------------Zapata-----------------Mexes--------De Sciglio

-----------------------------Montolivo
----------------Flamini---------------------KPB

----------SES--------------------------------------Balo
-------------------------------Pazzo

Possible Solution:

------------------Montolivo------------Muntari

----------Prince----------------Balo-----------------SES
-----------------------------Pazzo
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time? Empty Re: How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time?

Post by Forza Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 am

Balo straight swap for Niang. Simple.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time? Empty Re: How to play Pazzini and Balo at the same time?

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 am

I think the possible solution is better, my favorite formation is the 4-2-3-1 since it has width and can also be used to play down the center. However, we would need a better defensive midfielder that can partner Montolivo, and we still need good Cbs.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 am

•MilanDevil• wrote:I think the possible solution is better, my favorite formation is the 4-2-3-1 since it has width and can also be used to play down the center. However, we would need a better defensive midfielder that can partner Montolivo, and we still need good Cbs.

De jong..
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 pm

De Jong would be the perfect player to partner Montolivo. Too bad he is hurt for the rest of the season.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:25 pm

-----------------------Pazzo---------------Balo------------------

El Shaarawy----------Montolivo-----------------Flamini---------------Boateng

Constant---------Mexes----------------Zapata--------------------------DES

---------------------------------Not Amelia

or a 4-3-2-1

------------------Pazzo
-------El Shaarawy-------Balo
Boateng---------Montolivo-------Flamini

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Milantildeath wrote:I've said over and over again that with Pazzini on the field we play our best football(i'm sure i sound like a broken record). We MUST find a way to put Pazzini and Balotelli on the field at the same time. With the dip in scoring from SES, we must utilize the threat that Pazzini and Balotelli posses. I'm 100% okay with playing them at the same time. I have a crazy idea, why not play Balotelli at LW and SES at RW. SES has turned into more of a buildup player now rather than the ruthless goalscorer he was. He is still very important to our squad, maybe on the less he can be less predictable as well. My suggestions.

Ideal solution:

-----------------------------Montolivo
----------------Flamini---------------------KPB

----------SES--------------------------------------Balo
-------------------------------Pazzo

Possible Solution:

------------------Montolivo------------Muntari

----------Prince----------------Balo-----------------SES
-----------------------------Pazzo

4-2-3-1 looks nice but we all know Allegri will never field such an attacking lineup, especially since this will require Balo to defend. With Balo as the AM, it will become more of a 4-2-4 which will give Allegri nightmares lol

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:27 am

For me, Balotelli would be more effective on the left than on the right.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 am

I like Pazzini, and I do think that he has performed well enough to warrant a starting spot. However, there are 4 games left in the season. So I don't really see a point in changing the formation right now and taking risks at this crucial stage, with our CL spot on the line. I would much rather just stick with rotation. Maybe start 1 game with Pazzo and bring him on as a sub in the other 3. For next season though, I'd definitely like to see Pazzini in the starting line-up alongside Balo and SES. But it's waaaaay to early to start planning formations for next season, with the whole transfer market ahead of us. I'm not expecting any big changes, but I'd still wait till August before I start predicting/suggesting formations.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:17 am

I can see Balo play behind Pazzini and ES on the left with Niang/Boa on the right

Problem is we're too deep in CL contention to risk changing formations/system

If we're comfortably winning then sure, im fine with trying it out
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Should such a tactic be instituted, it is likely that Balotelli would still maintain a central position, taking up a position behind Pazzini as in the 4-2-3-1 formations drawn up in this thread. An unpalatable 4-3-1-2 is another variation which renders each player in his preferred position, however it is likely that we would only resort to such a set-up in the instance of a combined injury/suspension disqualifying El Shaarawy and Robinho.

As SES has stated however, we are unlikely to risk much in this run in and speculation beyond this season would likely be futile without any knowledge of our summer transfer dealings. Personally whilst I am a big fan of what Pazzini adds to our team, I am not too discontent with his shock role at this point in time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed May 01, 2013 6:41 am

I think it's 100% possible to do it this season
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

-----------------------Pazzo---------------Balo------------------

El Shaarawy----------Montolivo-----------------Boateng---------------Abate

Constant---------Mexes----------------Zapata--------------------------DES

---------------------------------Not Amelia

Godbate is the secret weapon of mass destruction along with Pazzini in this 4-4-2. He likes to push forward, now he gets to run down the right side even more often, supporting Balo and crossing in headers that for once has a true CF that loves battling the air, Pazzini.

The team will push high against small teams, with Boa and Monty high up the pitch, along with a high defensive line. Our wingers will swarm the enemy and make crosses for Pazzo and Balo.

I really like the idea with Abate as a RM, as our right side is often where we end up crossing the ball. With a player behind Abate, we can win back the ball quicker, and perhaps maintain pressure for longer periods. This will strain our CBs though, and it might be too hard on them. Still, would love to see it tested against some small teams Very Happy

Modern football ftw!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu May 02, 2013 12:34 am

Abate crossing? Shocked
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu May 02, 2013 7:27 am

Abate needs to just shoot every time, every shot he takes turns into a magnificent cross.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 am

I don't agree, adding another CF that doesn't do much else apart from hold up play and making runs in behind would make us much weaker as a collective unit.

For me , the worst thing we could do now is change the formation and current setup which has served as so well this year so far. Furthermore Two striker formations are out of favor in modern tactics. Midfield superiority remains the trend in all elite teams. In a tactical demanding league like Serie A it wouldn't take much to beat a team that only has 2 players in the center of the pitch.

Some have mentioned the idea of Balo playing in behind, imo that's the worst position you can put him. It's inevitable that he would be drawn into the midfield battle at some point, and run the risk of picking up cards. I like where he is now, very close to the oppositions goal.

Am has become a sacrificial role of some sorts in the modern game, the player is asked to do allot of off the ball work and must be able to compete in midfield. Balo is a static player by nature, i wouldn't want him to play in a position which he wouldn't be nearly as effective as he is now for a player he is frankly superior to as a CF.

I think the 4-4-2 is a viable formation but not for our team atm, considering that most our wide men are Forwards and not wide midfielders in essence.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 am

Excellent post, you raised some really good points Thumbs up

OT: I cant stop laughing at that avatar Laughing , dat smile rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 pm

The only way to combine both Balotelli and Pazzini , is 4-3-1-2 . At least the only good way , imo. It can work very well, i just don't see why we should change our 4-3-3 now. I think we will go back in a 4-3-1-2 in the future , with SeS as a 10 , but perhaps it's soon. Though certainly , it would suit as well if Ses was ready for it now. With Balotelli playing like Sheva did , a bit on the left and Pazzo in Inzaghi's place , Ses for Kaka , i think it could happen but it depends on the coach and Ses. Not to mention , with good fullbacks now and a very formidable midfield in De Jong , Montolivo and Boateng as a central midfielder , it could work like a charm.

__

As for the classic 4-4-2 Eivindo mentioned in his post , it won't work that well offensively. Abate has been playing as a right fullback since 2009 ; he is a fullback now and to put it simply ,
he's changed. One of the reasons why he doesn't cross that well , despite being known for his crosses before Milan , is because all this time he's been training and playing to learn and perfect all things defence and that took it's toll on other skills he didn't use frequently anymore.

Now , i wouldn't allow Boateng a CM/DM role in 4-4-2 formation even if my life depended on it. This formation requires it's two central midfielders to hold up play , combine pressing and tracking back and most importantly ; create play from the back , more often than not. So , he's disqualified. The automatic duo would be Montolivo and De Jong , if that were to work.

There are many things to be said , like we don't have the bench for a 4-4-2 . But anyway , i think i made my point.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu May 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Some very good analysis going on in this thread. :bow:

The problem is that the elite teams play with stacked midfields and our midfielders are arguably the worst players on our team.

I don't think our formation is an issue at the moment. We simply don't have the players to play any other way.

We don't have 3 good CBs and 2 good WBs to use in a 3-5-2.
We don't have 2 true wingers to use in a 4-4-2 (classic).
We don't have a TQ to use in a 4-4-2 (diamond midfield) AKA 4-1-2-1-2.

Having said this, the transfer market might open up some interesting possibilities using another formation.

However, I must say that I would like us to keep 3 up forward next season. Our two wide forwards have done plenty of damage this season. Unfortunately, that means that we are limited in what we can do with those 3 midfielders.

We will have to make do with this 4-3-3 for the rest of the season:

SES - Balo/Pazzo - Niang/Balo
Montolivo - Flamini - Muntari
De Sciglio - Zap - Mexes - Abate
pale

So for next season, maybe a 4-2-3-1?
Balo
SES --- TQ --- Niang
Montolivo - De Jong
De Sciglio - Sakho - Ogbonna - Abate
Perin

Quality :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu May 02, 2013 7:41 pm

If our lineup looks like the lineup you set up Forza I may cry with happiness. If we can get ONE quality CB and GK I will be happy.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

If we can look something like this I'd be very pleased

--------------------------------Pazzini
---------------------------------Balo
------SES--------------------------------------------Saponara/Prince

----------------------De Jong------------Montolivo

De Sciglio------------Ogbonna---------------Mexes/CB?-------------------Abate
----------------------------------Perin
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Forza wrote:Some very good analysis going on in this thread. :bow:

The problem is that the elite teams play with stacked midfields and our midfielders are arguably the worst players on our team.

I don't think our formation is an issue at the moment. We simply don't have the players to play any other way.

We don't have 3 good CBs and 2 good WBs to use in a 3-5-2.
We don't have 2 true wingers to use in a 4-4-2 (classic).
We don't have a TQ to use in a 4-4-2 (diamond midfield) AKA 4-1-2-1-2.

Having said this, the transfer market might open up some interesting possibilities using another formation.

However, I must say that I would like us to keep 3 up forward next season. Our two wide forwards have done plenty of damage this season. Unfortunately, that means that we are limited in what we can do with those 3 midfielders.

We will have to make do with this 4-3-3 for the rest of the season:

SES - Balo/Pazzo - Niang/Balo
Montolivo - Flamini - Muntari
De Sciglio - Zap - Mexes - Abate
pale

So for next season, maybe a 4-2-3-1?
Balo
SES --- Gourcuff --- Niang
Montolivo - De Jong
De Sciglio - Sakho - Ogbonna - Abate
Perin

Quality :coffee:

awesomeness Proud

Great post , though i do have one or two objections ; First of all , our midfield is not at all that bad. With the exception of Nocerino and to a certain extent Muntari , even Flamini has exceeded expectations this season. We do have a nice midfield these days , though they do lack in the creative aspect of the game. Still , once Nocerino and Traore leave , we should replace them with 2 good creative midfielders . Should. Yeah , should..

Now on the formation.. whilst i did enjoy watching us play in a 4-2-3-1 , Max is of the opinion that it's too offensive ; it became apparent long time ago and he uses it only when we chase a result in the middle of the game . Whether if that's right , not sure i can tell but that's what Max chose. If he had better defenders , well , i guess he would give it a shot , given he's still here next season Laughing

In any case , we would need a right winger too , a canonical right winger and the team still has bigger issues to deal with than a player like that. In the end , it's all speculation as of now , since we do not know who will be the coach next season. I just hope he likes French midfielders with amazing free-kicks and slow , very slow , classy skills - Gourcuff Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

I can't stand Gourcuff to be honest. When he was at Milan he had all the potential to be great, instead he had a shit attitude. He had one amazing season a Bordeaux and then turned to shit at Lyon.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri May 03, 2013 6:29 pm

If Maldini said he was shit, he is shit
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 03, 2013 7:08 pm

It would be asinine to change system this late in the season. Especially since we only have a 1 point lead over the 4th placed team. And their is no way I would move Balo to the wing or even play him as a CAM to fit in Pazzini. Like Dosto said I as well don't mind Pazzini's shock role atm.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next