Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro?

+6
RedOranje
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
mr-r34
Zealous
Tomwin Lannister
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro? Empty Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:45 pm

I would like to hear from everybody. No doubting suarez has class, but he does restrict the danger of sturridge and can make Liverpool predicatable at times imo hmm
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro? Empty Re: Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro?

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:48 pm

I agree. The lack of drama leaves Pool with just one focus good clean honest football.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro? Empty Re: Are Liverpool less predictable or possibly even better without El Vampiro?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Moving on from suarez is 100% Natural

Part of Human Evolution. Imo hmm
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 pm

They are winning 4-0 now hmm

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm

lol at this thread
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm

6-0 hmm

Suarez out :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm

6-0 hahaha wtf newcastle 15 mins and a man down. hope we get eight.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 pm

FA doing Liverpool a favour. If Suarez was on the grass, he'd have missed 5 of the 6 chances actually converted today. But nooooo, the FA are the supposed bad guys here

FA ffs :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Not really we are just f*cking awful.

Made Coutinho and Sturridge look like Ortega and Crespo today with the ridiculous amount of space we gave them.

Pardew has to go, like now.

Some of the players are overrated but we are not this bad.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:21 pm

sell Vampy (To us Plz) and buy a decent Left winger and a new CM possibly.

:bow: Top 4 u wot m8?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:26 pm

This is either an absurd bit of knee-jerk or desperate attempt at trolling. Disappointing effort either way.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Didn't Suarez just score a point saving 96 minute goal last week or did I just dream that
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:29 pm

shouldn't have been on the pitch, his temper and constant large match bans are a liability.

How long until he picks up a 15 game ban for repeat offending?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Tbh as much I want to say we are great and what not. This was all Newcastles doing. They are sooooooooooooooooo shit, it's not even funny. Moal, I'm sorry buddy Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:shouldn't have been on the pitch, his temper and constant large match bans are a liability.

How long until he picks up a 15 game ban for repeat offending?
Well, given he should have been sent off.. But the question was are they better without him, which I just don't think is true, because whenever he plays, he produces and pretty much makes the whole team better.

He makes bad choices but when he plays I don't think theres anything about his game or him as a person that makes the team worse than they could be. Most of the other liverpool players are still supporting him now even after what he did saying the punishment was way too harsh. I think his teammates like him and like playing with him even with his faults.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm

The problem with relying on a man with such a bad temper is that when he does these things you're left dead in the water.

Who knows how long the possible next ban will be.

3 major bans in his career already and a 4th doesn't look off the cards imo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:The problem with relying on a man with such a bad temper is that when he does these things you're left dead in the water.

Who knows how long the possible next ban will be.

3 major bans in his career already and a 4th doesn't look off the cards imo.

But that has NOTHING to do with your original question, which is whether Liverpool play better without Suarez... based on less than 90 minutes. Compare that to the entire rest of the season and Suarez's contributions. It's frankly silly, bordering on stupid, to base such a drastic judgment on such a limited sample. But I'm guessing you realized that since you're now attempting to move the goal posts, so to speak.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Nah the O.P was discussed in the chat earlier, but i'm responding to the comment about him scoring Chelsea's 2nd goal, which he should have NEVER been on the pitch for.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 pm

That's still ignoring his contributions over the rest of the season though, and applying rather strict restrictions on him that most often aren't applied to others who's finale goals/assists/saves/blocks/contributions come about after debatable no-calls or soft calls that allow them to stay on the pitch when they should be off.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah that's fine but there's a big difference between getting away with a rough tackle and physically biting another footballer. And like I've said this is his 3rd large ban for doing something controversial or in this case it's hardly even controversial, it's flat out wrong.

Now if your star player has the penchant for losing his temper, this is bad for the team. The "Possibly better without suarez" part was indeed a joke on the chat. But Liverpool could be better off selling him and using the money to find a more stable replacement. Doesn't matter if you're as good as Messi, if you miss 10 games here and 7 games there then you're about as useful as Darren Bent.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 pm

But again, that's not the argument you made... in EITHER case. Your first argument was that LFC play better without Suarez. Your second was that his goal against Chelsea shouldn't have happened because he'd been sent off. Neither of those points is what you are now saying, which leads back to my initial post on the subject: you're moving the goalposts.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:52 pm

That was a direct response towards your last post talking about other players getting away with bookings and contributing to the team.

And my point that his goal shouldn't have counted against Chelsea was a direct response to the other poster. I'm responding to people, otherwise I'd be ignoring the posts. It wasn't me who brought up the goal vs Chelsea was it?

Well, on to suarez making Liverpool more predicatable, it's true. When he's in free scoring form that's great and all but when he's not you have a case of 'Give the ball to suarez and see what happens' which isn't good for the other attacking talent in the team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:56 pm

But the point about being predictable isn't true, as evidenced by the fact that we've seen similar performances to today with him on the pitch, complete with multiple goals, multiple goalscorers, and multiple creators. And my point is that in addressing those posts you're shifting the actual mode of judgement in an attempt to refute the arguments made... that's different from the posts you are responding to which use the highlighted incidents as evidence to support their general claims. They're supporting the general debate, you're attempting to reframe it.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 pm

I stated in the OP that suarez whilst being a class player, can be bad for the rest of the attacking talent such as sturridge.

And when suarez is on the pitch, generally he's by far and away the main goal threat and teams can lend him more attention.

It's similar to Juventus when our strikers aren't performing. We were too dependant on Pirlo at a time last year. And as a result, teams would focus on Pirlo and stifle us. The part about Liverpool playing better without suarez was a joke/exaggeration. But Liverpool could be better off as a collective unit without him.

I've seen a few games against the lower teams where Liverpool fail to win, and generally you have suarez collecting the ball and being relied upon to make something happen. That's not good for a team.

I think Pool are too dependant on suarez at times, and as a result become predictable. I also feel the likes of sturridge will never thrive playing next to suarez the same way so many strikers have suffered when playing 2nd fiddle to Messi.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I can only assume you've watched little to no actual Liverpool play since January following those comments... which means this discussion is largely a waste of time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next