Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

+14
VivaStPauli
juventus101
Dnmac4
Zealous
danyjr
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
Bellabong
Toffer Harley
Kaladin
Die Borussen
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?  Empty Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Basque bias aside, I've watched Bayern due to my fanship of Osram and of course, Javi Martinez who is the pride of Basque midfielders in Germany at the moment, especially given he was burdened a monster price tag. Has he performed? Within the season he has accrued 2 goals and 3 assists, which is irrelevant to judge a player in the deep position of his. Yet with Schweinsteiger, in where he has formed a near legendary partnership with already this season, he has been nothing short of outstanding. Completeness defines his performances whether his lethergic but cerebral defence, his passing and occasional dribbles within the box and his all around excellence in tight spaces as well. He has brought out the best in Schweinsteiger, with the latter bringing out the best in Javi himself. Spot on move by Osram in building the midfield around Javi in order to allow Schweinsteiger a free role and Kroos to work his magic in tighter areas. Tonight was another Javi performance in which he was tasked alongside Mueller to nullify Messi similar to Ambrosini & Muntari for Milan. It worked wonders in exposing Barca reliance on their False 9 at times to bail them out of situations which wouldn't be helped by Pedro and Asexis.

Moving on, I think Javi has justified every Euro of his price tag and has helped launch Bayern as two of the best teams in the world without a doubt. Exceeded even my expectations. And only at the age of 24, there is a long way to go.

Basque Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?  Empty Re: Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Was absolutely immense tonight so yes.

I'm glad City didn't get him, the idea of Martinez and Yaya would scare me lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?  Empty Re: Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Was hoping we'd sign him last Summer.

Haven't watched every Bayern game this season, however from the ones I have watched, he's come close to justifying his price tag. Impressive performance tonight, aggressive tackling, did well when he had the ball and overall was solid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 pm

he was so annoying today

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Was absolutely immense tonight so yes.

Would be quite fearsome lol. Especially given footballers tend to bounce of both when in full stride. I'd imagine their partnership similar to how Schwin-Javi functions right now, minus Yaya's aimless hollywood passes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Do you think he might be able to get a start ahead of Busi on the NT?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 pm

the man is a trooper
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Dat 40 million euro tackle :bow:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Was absolutely immense tonight so yes.

Would be quite fearsome lol. Especially given footballers tend to bounce of both when in full stride. I'd imagine their partnership similar to how Schwin-Javi functions right now, minus Yaya's aimless hollywood passes.

and the fact that Yaya no longer believes in hustle or defense

The Yaya Strategy: Charge forward with purpose and power....walk back lazily
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Do you think he might be able to get a start ahead of Busi on the NT?

It's actually possible. Busquets often attacks with Spain and Martinez is more used to playing as a B2B. However if Spain start using a pure DM, then Busquets is definitely better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Do you think he might be able to get a start ahead of Busi on the NT?

With the way Busquets plays for us? Not a chance. Yet Javi most definitely should be afforded more chances considering he is more complete in some areas and can offer a varied dimension. I don't either since I love Busi equally for what he has done for us.

Sadly VDB is not one for competition since he is afflicted with the term coined by Mole; Lipplism.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 pm

I remember Martinez so highly rated a couple of years back already and Barca rumoured to be wanting him, I guess we missed out Razz

Arq, how has he exactly brought so much to Bayern though. I guess a bit like Busquets for Barca, coverign and holding things tight together so that the others have more freedom going forward? Would u say hes no.2 for Spain after Busquets?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Overrated :coffee:

Playing DM vs Barcelona is currently the easiest position to play. You can literally rush in all game knowing nobody is going to exploit the space you left behind yourself. And if you got a bit of physical presence you're sure to win pretty much every 50-50- ball. I could use the same argument for Celtic's DM Wanyama. Who the *bleep* is that guy you say? Ask Barcelona fans, they thought he was Essien on his peak Laughing

Also lol @ Basque. Since when is Martínez a Basque name... what next...El Hamdaoui is a Dutch name... :facepalm:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:14 am

Was a real enforcer tonight. Had a great game for sure.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 am

I took quite a beating on here when Spain won the under 21's and everyone was praising Thiago and I said Javi Martinez was the real quality on that team not Thiago.

I guess the cream rises to the top.

This is nothing new. La Liga fans have known his quality for a long time.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Was far better than Busquets last night and was actually the second best CM on the field only after Schweinsteiger, his teammate.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm

juventus101 wrote:Was far better than Busquets last night.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Was far better than Busquets last night.

Agreed.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

The circle jerking in this thread is unreal. He was great last night and broke up play quite a few times but he is different to Busquets. A combination of both of tem would be the ideal Midfielder ie Frank Rijkaard...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Actually I'm pretty sure as far as passes Martinez had the least so that automatically makes his role different to Biscuits. His job was to enforce, tackle, harass and press and he did that very very well, totally bullied Iniesta (who had no support tbf)

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Zealous wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure as far as passes Martinez had the least so that automatically makes his role different to Biscuits. His job was to enforce, tackle, harass and press and he did that very very well, totally bullied Iniesta (who had no support tbf)

20th out of 22 players in terms of passes

Most tackles by a distance though IIRC
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Zealous wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure as far as passes Martinez had the least so that automatically makes his role different to Biscuits. His job was to enforce, tackle, harass and press and he did that very very well, totally bullied Iniesta (who had no support tbf)

20th out of 22 players in terms of passes

Most tackles by a distance though IIRC

Wow that low? I knew he wasn't there to distribute but that's actually pretty surprising lol

Most tackles doesn't surprise me, that was obvious.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:23 pm

100% tackle success rate.
Just like Boateng btw.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 13, 2021 10:43 am

This absolute legend is leaving us when the season ends

he owns 12 Lederhosen!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 13, 2021 4:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Basque bias aside, I've watched Bayern due to my fanship of Osram and of course, Javi Martinez who is the pride of Basque midfielders in Germany at the moment, especially given he was burdened a monster price tag. Has he performed? Within the season he has accrued 2 goals and 3 assists, which is irrelevant to judge a player in the deep position of his. Yet with Schweinsteiger, in where he has formed a near legendary partnership with already this season, he has been nothing short of outstanding. Completeness defines his performances whether his lethergic but cerebral defence, his passing and occasional dribbles within the box and his all around excellence in tight spaces as well. He has brought out the best in Schweinsteiger, with the latter bringing out the best in Javi himself. Spot on move by Osram in building the midfield around Javi in order to allow Schweinsteiger a free role and Kroos to work his magic in tighter areas. Tonight was another Javi performance in which he was tasked alongside Mueller to nullify Messi similar to Ambrosini & Muntari for Milan. It worked wonders in exposing Barca reliance on their False 9 at times to bail them out of situations which wouldn't be helped by Pedro and Asexis.

Moving on, I think Javi has justified every Euro of his price tag and has helped launch Bayern as two of the best teams in the world without a doubt. Exceeded even my expectations. And only at the age of 24, there is a long way to go.

Basque Proud

late reply but the answer is yes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next