REWB
TalkingReckless
VendettaRed07
Adrian0911
elm_baraja_shaman
42 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Is Juve a top team now? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Juve a top team now?

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm going to come out and proactively state that some of the names on the extended Serie A list are making my eyes bleed, however partly due to the illustrious company they are otherwise keeping. They shouldn't be mentioned in the company of Messi, RVP, Cavani etc. I would also like to defend Hazard and Mata from the attack above, they're both excellent players who would challenge almost any starting line-up in the world. Touch, vision, acceleration, an eye for goal and a relatively selfless style.

Again though, each league is fairly evenly stacked for ability.

All of this being said, this thread is starting to look like it's better suited to the right back section. I would like to give the thread an opportunity to return to the topic at hand though, so I won't move it just yet.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I mentioned Benteke and Lukaku and people get incredulous, and then they respond with Icardi Muriel and Vucinic.

I give up, nothing left to say.

Benteke and Lukaku: 28 goals between the two of them in 61 games in EPL
Vucinic Muriel and Icardi: 26 goals between the three of them in 71 games in Serie A

Oh right, and lets not forget that in Icardi's MASSIVE 9 goal tally so far this season, FOUR of those goals game in one f*cking game...Ignore that fluke performance and this "top attacking talent!" is looking at a 5 goal in 26 game season....Give me a moment so I can bow to his season :bow: :bow: :bow:

inb4 your excuses, save them - im done with this thread

Last edited by Swanhends on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Who spoke about goals.

Muriel, Icardi and Vucinic are named for their qualities that they present within the game. Bar Muriel, Vuci and Icardi aren't even pure #9s like Benteke and Lukaku and add far more dimension within a game. Benteke is good yet Lukaku Laughing

The point was to name attackers and not goalscorers.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Forza wrote:
Mack10 wrote:Juventus are the next power house after Bayern and Dortmund, we are better than Real Madrid and Manchester United but equal with Barcelona.

We are 3 signinngs away from being as good as Dortmund.
Juve are clearly a fair way off Bayern. 3 world class attacking signings and another 3 quality defensive depth signings away from being as good as them.

Yes and a change of Formation 433, Chelilini as leftback
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Swanhends discredits Vucinic because of goals scored. Wow. Just stop. Vucinic is a creative support striker, not a #9. He scores some goals, but Juventus since Conte has been more about the whole team getting on the scoresheet, it doesn't matter who. Hence Vidal, Marchisio, etc having so many goals for CMs. When we get Llorente and possibly another 9 more emphasis will be on that #9 having to score 20+ per season. But right now, all we have is Matti and Quagliarella, and no one expects them to score 20+. Either way, Vucinic will never be that guy. Hes not a #9.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:29 am

Swanhends wrote:Benteke and Lukaku: 28 goals between the two of them in 61 games in EPL
Vucinic Muriel and Icardi: 26 goals between the three of them in 71 games in Serie A

Aguero, Tevez, Kagawa: 26 goals in 73 games in the Premier League this season. rofl rofl rofl Except we all know this isn't being fair to their talents.

As someone who didn't bring up the names you objected to, I'd appreciate a response to my previous post.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:10 am

And the never-ending war of the meaningless stats continues!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabgabgab39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 am

Depends on your definition of a "top team".
Gabgabgab39
Gabgabgab39
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 am

Gabgabgab39 wrote:Depends on your definition of a "top team".

Welcome to the forum
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:34 pm

dude apart fon what juventus and dos said, Vucinic last year was instrumental for juventus unbeatean league winning season, Benteke??? man where is Villa? fightin for relegation for gods sake bro.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Vucinic is a support striker ffs, he doesn't even get in positions to score that much.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 pm

djfawnz wrote:Benteke??? man where is Villa? fightin for relegation for gods sake bro.....

"@OptaJoe: 13 - The only players in the big 5 European leagues to score more league goals than Benteke in 2013 are Messi (18) & Ronaldo (17). Exalted."

Take a lap
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 am

swanhends in this thread :bow: :bow: :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:11 am

tuddor wrote:
Gil wrote:They've been overrated ever since they battered an average chelsea team in the CL.

They're merely an above average team that benefits from playing in a League nearly devoid of any talent.

Inter, Roma, Milan are all shit teams nowadays and Napoli/Lazio are both pretenders.

Still need a couple of signings in the summer before they can be labelled an elite team.
We've also beat shakhtar, celtic 3-0, won the league twice in a row, we had a great contribution to an ELITE Italy team that beat Germany and England at Euro..
and Milan shit? Lol, they're better than Chelsea ...

Dortmund couldn't even pass the group stages last year in a weak group and were labeled by some as a shit team ... now they're probably gonna fight for the best team in the Europe trophy .. They changed almost nothing in the summer.. But i guess last year they were not elite too, the same players..

and to say the champions of Italy, or Germany,ENgland and Spain are not elite you must be very stupid, or you don't understand what a strong sport competition means. ...

Barely beat a garbage English side. You only beat Germany because of Jogi's crap line line up and Bastian's garbage performance due to his injured ankle. You showed your true colors against Spain in the final. Should've been a Germany - Spain final, really. I can't wait until Jogi is finally gone. Such a stupid decision to start Podolski, Gomez, Kroos alongside Ozil instead of Klose, Reus, Mueller. What the hell was he doing? Anyways, it's a bad example to use for Juventus.
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm

You say Germany-Italy is irrelevant, but use Spain-Italy as a reference point. You realize that we used an experimental lineup again st Spain, where we were down to 10 men for most of the second half because of an injury, and lost our best defender around 10-15 minutes into the match to injury. If you watched the first game between Spain and Italy in the groups, where we had a fully healthy lineup consisted mostly of Juventus players, playing in Juve's trademark 3-5-2, it showed that we are on Spain's level. The 4-0 was a fluke, so many extenuating circumstances it was ridiculous. Also, Podolski has always been one of the best players for the national team but since hes been played at LW instead of striker he has suffered. Still, nothing wrong at all with him starting. Gomez was the joint top scorer in the Euros, ans Kroos has been on red hot form so starting him was a good idea. Their only problem was Bastian being injured but playing through it.

And Juvealbanian, I also disagreed with Ibra playing on the right. I prefer the 3-5-2, but I still like the 4-3-3. With Ibra and Llorente we could play a 3-5-2 with the two of them and Vucinic rotating. And I believe Marchisio is pretty much undroppable. At least for the big games. Pogba is a brightly shining young talent, but Marchisio is world class. If Pogba can continue this form for another season or so, he will be world class too, and then we can rotate the three of Vidal, Pogba, and Marchisio, and if Poli flops as Pirlos replacement, then Pogba can take over for Pirlo.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by King Meyy Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Absolutely they have built their identity back again without signing players from al over Europe and have instead introduced the world to a lot of good players,most people who do not follow Serie A would not recognize their players and know more about other team players like Inter and Ac but still this Juve team has gone unbeaten and now retained the title while Conte has proven to be a tactical genius with his unusual formation.

They just need to be consistent in europe and the old lady is back to her glory years.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7