Blue Barrett
DeletedUser#1
RED
Kick
8 posters

Go down

This is why I love football Empty This is why I love football

Post by Kick Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 pm

I don't love football for the trophies or the glory, I love it for the passion, for the contreversy and the way it brings people together. I love it for the emotions it stirs up in every player and fan when things do or do not go their way. I love it for the fact that during that moment nothing on Earth matters more than scoring that goal or defending that lead. Watching an old A league final from 2 seasons ago proves my point, Roar came from 2 0 down in the 117th minute to 2 all by the 120th. The rapid change of emotion is unparalelled outside a girl on her period. It doesn't matter if it's the A league final or todays match, these emotions, sights and experiences are not found elsewhere and I love it.

Today proved that. I couldn't sit down for the whole match, it wasn't the cleanest match, it wasn't filled with silky passing and breathtaking runs. It was filled with two teams not willing to give an inch, two teams who knew exactly what it meant to win and were trying their hardest to do achieve it. From the first whistle to the last, I never felt comfortable and I am sure the Liverpool fans felt the same. It was a gripping contest despite the problems with it but those problems are what makes football so great, a missed Suarez bite and extra time added on at the end, what would we have to talk about without them? What would we have to talk about without refeerring mistakes? Who would the disappointed fans blame? I am willing to admit neither team deserved the win and Chelsea only have themselves to blame for not securing the win.

While winning thropies is a great feeling, nothing will make me love Chelsea more than a close match which brings out the emotions in every player on the field. This match makes the run in even more exciting and I personally can't wait. I know it will be discussed even more than if Chelsea had got the win because this just makes it even more exciting.

Football is truely a great game and while every match may not be top class, as long as football still has that same passion, every match is worth watching and enjoying.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

This is why I love football Empty Re: This is why I love football

Post by RED Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:30 pm

You're trying too hard to appear as calm after today's result. It's alright to appreciate the emotions football brings out in you, but it's ok to rage when your team has been obviously screwed by the ref.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm

RED wrote:You're trying too hard to appear as calm after today's result. It's alright to appreciate the emotions football brings out in you, but it's ok to rage when your team has been obviously screwed by the ref.

The ref gave 6 mins added.

in that period they made a sub (Lampard for Mata)...that's an automatic 30 seconds added on, in which the goal was scored.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah you're f**kin chuffed to bits at the way things turned out in that match, aren't you? Laughing

Kick pls.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 pm

After about 5 minutes I was over it. We're not screwed yet so there is no reason to rage.

I also wasn't annoyed at the reff either, just disapointed in our players.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Carragher was allowed to stay on the pitch.

Sturridge was allowed to stay on the pitch to score an equalizer.

6 minutes added out of nowhere.

30 extra seconds added on top of the absurd 6 minutes

El Dracula was allowed to stay on the pitch to score another equalizer.

Yeah let's all applaud the ref for a job well done, shall we?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Kick wrote:After about 5 minutes I was over it. We're not screwed yet so there is no reason to rage.

No its not over but at this point in the season, every single point counts and you don't want to be f**kd in the arse by outside factors.

I wouldn't be this mad if we played a shoite game and were outclassed. Obviously there's a reason we're in this position at this point in the season in the first place. We haven't been great this season. we've dropped points. We've lost 3-1 to bloody Wet Spam. I wouldn't be mad if we got a 3-0 shafting from Liverpool. I just can't stand losing a match under such circumstances especially considering every point is important right now.

You lot are talking about a game in hand without realising that the game in hand is against United.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

BTW, the game against Yanited, where is it at, the Bridge or OT?

I generally agree with the gist of the OP. "Its more than just a game" is a clichéd phrase thrown around quite a lot when discussing about the emotions generated by footy, but people really just need to take a few deep breaths and realise its just that - a game, and no amount of ranting and raving can change the result. In fact, it may only prolong the effects of the bitterness following said setback.

6 mins of added time was more than justified wat with the penalty circus, the Oscar injury and the 5 subs in normal time. Im assuming the ref added the extra time to compensate for the sub in injury time, tho wat i do think he should hav similarly allowed chelski to mount one last attack.
All in all, from a liverpool perspective atleast, its part justice for the many bad calls against them from earlier in the season.
As for Chelski, well who knows, maybe Lamps will score a deflectd "pile-driver" and from a dodgy penalty against Fergie's mob?!? eco smile
Would be a fitting way to leave for him :I'munoriginal:
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:46 pm

The United game is at OT.

To add to what I said, if we lose all of our games until the Everton one and Lampard scores a hattrick on his last game with us, breaking the record.

I would go just as crazy as I did after we won the CL.

It may just be a game, but it is a beautiful game that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm

OT: if Man yoo win tonight they are crowned as the league champs. So my question is, are other teams bound to give them a guard of honour à la el passillo in Spain?? Imagine RVP on his return to the Emirates geting a *bleep* GUARD ÔF HONOUR!!! eco smile
dat feeling...
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Carragher was allowed to stay on the pitch.

Sturridge was allowed to stay on the pitch to score an equalizer.

6 minutes added out of nowhere.

30 extra seconds added on top of the absurd 6 minutes

El Dracula was allowed to stay on the pitch to score another equalizer.

Yeah let's all applaud the ref for a job well done, shall we?

This

Blue Barrett wrote:
Kick wrote:After about 5 minutes I was over it. We're not screwed yet so there is no reason to rage.

No its not over but at this point in the season, every single point counts and you don't want to be f**kd in the arse by outside factors.

I wouldn't be this mad if we played a shoite game and were outclassed. Obviously there's a reason we're in this position at this point in the season in the first place. We haven't been great this season. we've dropped points. We've lost 3-1 to bloody Wet Spam. I wouldn't be mad if we got a 3-0 shafting from Liverpool. I just can't stand losing a match under such circumstances especially considering every point is important right now.

You lot are talking about a game in hand without realising that the game in hand is against United.

It's also not the first time dropping point due to fuked refs we would be clear 2nd and in the FA cup final
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:OT: if Man yoo win tonight they are crowned as the league champs. So my question is, are other teams bound to give them a guard of honour à la el passillo in Spain?? Imagine RVP on his return to the Emirates geting a *bleep* GUARD ÔF HONOUR!!! eco smile
dat feeling...

Arsenal FC board will be discussing this issue IF Man Utd win the league. Let's not forget that it is a team game, and no individual won the league single handedly. The contributions of consistent performers should be appreciated in the spirit of the game.

Will it feel bad for the fans? Yes.
Is it what a club known for its class will do? Yes.

He wins a league medal. Good for him. But I don't think our butthurt (and there is a LOT of that) will get in the way of how we handle the situation. Our focus is on our campaign, and how we improve this summer and get ourselves out of this hole we have been digging ourselves into the last few seasons.

However, IF they do not win today and have to win/draw at our home for the title, then it is an extra motivation for the players to win and nail the 3 points. Its indubitably our toughest game of the remaining four. 12 points off these 4 games and we would finish well in third, with a foundation set for the summer.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Nah i never doubted the class of arsenal or even that of RVP.
I mean inspite of the vitriol directed at him by the jilted gooners, he hasnt yet replied in kind.

Its just that the first time RVP returns to his former home, he gets to prove beyond a doubt that his decision to leave was justified, albeit on a strictly platonic level, AND his former team mates have to give him a guard of honour. That for me is a massive win for RvP.

Also, with the English league i'm not familiar with the tradition as regards the Guard of Honour so i thought id ask...
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Nah i never doubted the class of arsenal or even that of RVP.
I mean inspite of the vitriol directed at him by the jilted gooners, he hasnt yet replied in kind.

Its just that the first time RVP returns to his former home, he gets to prove beyond a doubt that his decision to leave was justified, albeit on a strictly platonic level, AND his former team mates have to give him a guard of honour. That for me is a massive win for RvP.

Also, with the English league i'm not familiar with the tradition as regards the Guard of Honour so i thought id ask...
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 pm

People tend to forget that when you add on injury time, it's a minimum, not a maximum.

Just wanted to put that out there...

Anyway Kick, I agree. And idk, I guess in the end even if there was a fix-all technology that made everything completely fair without disruption of the game...I don't know if I would want it. I mean that's a bit funny, but I'm not so sure.

It was a great game anyway, and the game earlier in the day- Tottenham vs Man City- was just as good. You talked about rapid changes of emotion...it was great to see Tottenham go from 1-0 down to 3-1 up in the matter of 6 and a half minutes. I can only imagine how that felt for the fans at White Hart Lane.

It's a beautiful game.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:53 am

CBarca wrote:People tend to forget that when you add on injury time, it's a minimum, not a maximum.

Just wanted to put that out there...

Anyway Kick, I agree. And idk, I guess in the end even if there was a fix-all technology that made everything completely fair without disruption of the game...I don't know if I would want it. I mean that's a bit funny, but I'm not so sure.

It was a great game anyway, and the game earlier in the day- Tottenham vs Man City- was just as good. You talked about rapid changes of emotion...it was great to see Tottenham go from 1-0 down to 3-1 up in the matter of 6 and a half minutes. I can only imagine how that felt for the fans at White Hart Lane.

It's a beautiful game.

The spurs game is another great example (not for Chelsea fans). I was watching that game and the change in atmosphere was incredible.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum