Summer Transfer Window 2013

+24
The Sanchez
sportsczy
TheRedStag
JAY-Z
Arquitecto
worms
ExtremistEnigma
mr-r34
rwo power
Helmer
Motogp69
Nishankly
CBarca
donttreadonred
Kick
iftikhar
Fahim89
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
Red Alert
RedOranje
McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 am

O & LFC were willing to pay the whole 25m pounds but i guess Shakhtar & Mkhi chose BvB over us . . . & also that Bi*** agent!! :brickwall: 

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 am

Fahim89 wrote:O & LFC were willing to pay the whole 25m pounds but i guess Shakhtar & Mkhi chose BvB over us . . . & also that Bi*** agent!! :brickwall: 

ynwa wrote:That would mean Dortmund only own 50% of his services, right? We were offering 25-30m for 100%.

I'm certain Dortmund didn't need to negotiate with the third parties as he can still play in the Bundesliga even if they own 50% of his contract. We had to offer 25m+ for the full 100% of his services. That's where the whole thing got complicated.

We also have to talk to the agent first, not the player. That's how transfers normally work.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:59 am

Not bothered about this Mhkay Ryan thing, we're losing him to CL runners-up. Had we lost him to, say, Tottenham or Napoli that's when I would have been disappointed.

Plus I hope Coutinho plays as a CAM anyway, so I'm sortta happy if we sign no central attacking players anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:33 am

ynwa wrote:
We also have to talk to the agent first, not the player. That's how transfers normally work.


I do believe everyone here has that understanding of the agent concept but at some point in a deal clubs do get to talk to players too! But most likely we didn't get the chance to go past that.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 am

 
Art Morte wrote:Not bothered about this Mhkay Ryan thing, we're losing him to CL runners-up. Had we lost him to, say, Tottenham or Napoli that's when I would have been disappointed.

Plus I hope Coutinho plays as a CAM anyway, so I'm sortta happy if we sign no central attacking players anyway.

I'd only be happy with that if the team look's like this.

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel/Alder Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Suarez Coutinho Jovetic
Sturridge

banana banana banana
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:00 am

Fahim89 wrote:
ynwa wrote:
We also have to talk to the agent first, not the player. That's how transfers normally work.


I do believe everyone here has that understanding of the agent concept but at some point in a deal clubs do get to talk to players too! But most likely we didn't get the chance to go past that.

Well we never met the transfer fee Shaktar demanded. So we could never speak to him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 am

Some day it was yesterday for LFC Fans.

Times later reported that Real are considering Suarez as their Marquee signing this Summer as they most likely won't be pursuing Bale this Summer.

This plus Mkhi . . . These Sh*** are getting real people!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:21 am

Everyone in England is saying he'd go to Chelsea or Arsenal. Everyone in Spain is saying he'd go to Madrid. It's all paper talk. There's nothing reliable out there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 am

ynwa wrote:Everyone in England is saying he'd go to Chelsea or Arsenal. Everyone in Spain is saying he'd go to Madrid. It's all paper talk. There's nothing reliable out there.

Don't know where he will end up but things are going all negative now for us . . . Anyways the only thing to do is i guess believe on our Manager & lets see what the club does. .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:30 am

Still standing by what I say. Luis Suarez will be a Liverpool player by September.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:42 am

McAgger wrote:ffs I got attached to both Papa and Mkh Mad Looks like we won't be getting either

Well, you can get attached to Downing :-)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9337
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:43 am

ynwa wrote:Still standing by what I say. Luis Suarez will be a Liverpool player by September.

Hmmm let's hope you are right. I personally don't know what to believe until Zaf is holding the legs of any incoming players or Suarez holding Real jersey! !hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:09 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:pls no Papadopoulos
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Now, I don't want us to spend that exorbitant price tag of Mkhitaryan and all's fine. Hopefully the deal fails to materialize and we get someone cheaper.
:coffee:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Adorjan linked with FC Groningen :facepalm:

Loan pls. People saying he wants permanent move Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20777
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Nishank wrote:Adorjan linked with FC Groningen :facepalm:

Loan pls. People saying he wants permanent move Sad

What's wrong with that? He's 20, he doesn't seem to anywhere near the first team...

Youngsters get hyped up too much.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:48 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:pls no Papadopoulos
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Now, I don't want us to spend that exorbitant price tag of Mkhitaryan and all's fine. Hopefully the deal fails to materialize and we get someone cheaper.
:coffee:
You know, if we're looking at an AM, I here that Joe Cole guy could be available for cheap. Maybe we should have a look...

In all seriousness though. I'm a little torn about the seeming twist in the Mkhitaryan saga. On the one hand, we clearly identified him as a key target this summer.To lose out on our top target for whatever reason (be it 3rd party complications or pure player choice) after such drawn out discussions could be absolutely deflating. We've obviously planned for an addition of this caliber, and to miss out (without landing a player of similar quality) would obviously leave us feelign a little short come the beginning of the season.

Missing out on such a big target is obviously likely have a big impact on how we approach the remainder of the window. Now, this impact could be positive or negative. As some of you may remember, I wasn't necessarily the biggest proponent of a move for Mkhitaryan when we were first linked. The obvious step for LFC at the moment would be to return for Eriksen. We apparently scouted Ajax (for him and possibly Aderweireld) nearly every home match last season, but simply never followed up interest. Potentially costing as much as £10 mil less than the Armenian, Eriksen could be a higher value-for-money alternative. Moreover, we would then have the remaining £10 mil or so to invest in a CB/LB/DM.

The key here is that the loss of Mkhitaryan, if he does end up signing for BVB, is not the end of the world. In fact, it could result in LFC having More quality across the pitch. Given our unstable defense last season, I might even argue that spreading the funds around a bit more could be more beneficial.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2208
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Why are people talking about Pikachu?? scratch scratch 

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Pikachu
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:Not bothered about this Mhkay Ryan thing, we're losing him to CL runners-up. Had we lost him to, say, Tottenham or Napoli that's when I would have been disappointed.

Plus I hope Coutinho plays as a CAM anyway, so I'm sortta happy if we sign no central attacking players anyway.
same here, I would have been terribly upset had we lost him to spurs or other team.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9769
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:33 pm

ynwa wrote: 
Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel/Alder Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Suarez Coutinho Jovetic
Sturridge

banana bananabanana
I think as arsenal are on the verge of signing higgs, their marquee signing, now can we say that their interest in jovetic will drop because they wont spend another 20-25mi euros on another player in the same window. If we have to battle against Juve, it may not be so difficult as I read somewhere that he wants to move out of Italy.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9769
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Nishank wrote:Adorjan linked with FC Groningen :facepalm:

Loan pls. People saying he wants permanent move Sad

What's wrong with that? He's 20, he doesn't seem to anywhere near the first team...

Youngsters get hyped up too much.

While i agree he is below the likes of Coutinho, Alberto, Suso.
But from what ive seen [ ive seen enough ] Adorjan is as good if not better than Texeira.
Excellent work rate, Excellent vision, Prolific goal scoring records for a midfielder, Read the game better than any of our current reserves. Still think we should hold on to him.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20777
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 pm

http://www.fcgroningen.nl/home/nieuws/nieuwsbericht/artikel/hongaarse-middenvelder-adorjan-op-kennismaking/

Trial. No idea at the end if its a loan or a permanent transfer.
Sadly he isn't versatile enough to stay in the club. Decent prospect lost.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20777
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Coutinho and Mkhitaryan are pretty different players. Coutinho is much more attack minded while Mkhitaryan is like a link between midfield and attacking midfield.. kinda like a goalscoring Iniesta. Don't think BR will play with Aspas, Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez in the same lineup, unless we are playing against a scrub team.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:22 pm

I'd be happy to go into the season with our current line-up.

Coutinho playing through the middle, Sterling and Ibe getting chances on the left, Aspas replacing Downing on the right... Assuming Suarez doesn't leave....... Sturridge recovering from his ankle injury to keep on scoring goals. Not that thrilled with Allen as one of our CMs, but he's a £15m guy so he deserves a second chance (Spearing??), I suppose. Kelly back stronger than ever to offer cover at RB and CB... Skrtel & Agger back at their best.

Going with current squad >>> spending 20m+ of loaned money on another attacking player
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 am

Art Morte wrote:I'd be happy to go into the season with our current line-up.

Coutinho playing through the middle, Sterling and Ibe getting chances on the left, Aspas replacing Downing on the right... Assuming Suarez doesn't leave....... Sturridge recovering from his ankle injury to keep on scoring goals. Not that thrilled with Allen as one of our CMs, but he's a £15m guy so he deserves a second chance (Spearing??), I suppose. Kelly back stronger than ever to offer cover at RB and CB... Skrtel & Agger back at their best.

Going with current squad >>> spending 20m+ of loaned money on another attacking player

Definitely wouldn't be happy. Firstly, we wouldn't be "loaning" money as you suggest. We have money to spend. Out net spend as it stands is still very close to 0.

Secondly, we'd need to sign an Eriksen type of player to link the midfield to the attack. For all our signings thus far, Mignolet is the only player that has improved the starting XI. Can't speak for Aspas as I haven't seen him play, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's Downing's replacement who would be more for depth. Toure is not the best out there, and Luis Alberto is young.

We also need a CB. I'm thinking Alder. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we offer 15-20m to Ajax for both Eriksen and Alder right now. That would still "save" us around 10m if you consider we were about to offer 25-27 for Mkhitaryan.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:32 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
ynwa wrote: 
Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel/Alder Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Suarez Coutinho Jovetic
Sturridge

banana bananabanana
I think as arsenal are on the verge of signing higgs, their marquee signing, now can we say that their interest in jovetic will drop because they wont spend another 20-25mi euros on another player in the same window. If we have to battle against Juve, it may not be so difficult as I read somewhere that he wants to move out of Italy.

He actually wants to go to Juventus. But Juventus can't afford him and struck a deal with Fiorentina. So I'm suggesting we do a "Dortmund" and steal Juventus target. Twisted Evil 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:28 am

I reiterate again, with the price he's going for, Tottenham will NOT be going for Mkhitrayan. Doesn't really make sense, anyway, now that Paulinho is official. Tottenham have higher priorities anyway: A striker and then probably a winger.

Regardless you lot shouldn't worry about Tottenham till deadline day Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20228
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum