McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 4 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:05 pm

If Rondo comes back before Rose Laughing

The fact we can even think it says so much about Rondo...probably something about Rose...something about him seems soft..this "god knows when I will return" crap, the crying about being fouled hard last year, the thing about him not liking the ASG and not playing pick up because he likes "the real thing" only and some thing a while ago about fame being "too much".

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 4 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:20 pm

i would LOL so hard if he came back before Rose.

Dani, im a bit concerned about Rose mental toughness as well. He is one of my favorite players to watch for obvious reasons but his latest comments to the press have been... curious, to say the least.

Just play already. Your team obviously needs you and if you read the news they are also not very happy with the way he is handling this situation. They could really use him for obvious reasons.

That said, they are still a fearsome opponent. as a knicks fan I definitely don't want to see them in the first round if they slip down to 7, or if we finish third and they keep the 6.

Also, I don't think Boston are going to make the 2nd round unless they get the 6 seed as I can see them beating indiana.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:22 pm

In other news, the Kincks continue to roll :coffee:

10 straight and looking really good. Carmelo is getting hot, JR is getting hot and Ray "all day Felton has been getting back to his best from the beginning of the season.

Seriously, I have no Idea how atlanta are so high up in the east. They are terrible. Gimme them in a first round series and bring out the brooms.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I like Rose, but I do think he is a little overrated. Back in the late 90's and early 00's, players the exact same as him in terms of style (Marbury, Francis) where looked upon in a bad way and both of those guys were better passers and got more assists, Francis also rebounded the ball...but yeah, because Rose is a "nice guy" or something, hes generally loved...its odd.

But anyway, yeah I dont understand whats going on with him. If the doctors say he is fine, I dont know what he is waiting for. He feels different? Well yeah, every single player who had a major injury dont feel the same for over a year, sometimes never again...

The logic of, The Bulls cant win with or without him make no sense anymore. They are in the playoffs, everyone in the East minus the Heat are incredibly banged up...imagine they get to the East finals...thats a great achievement.

They are tough enough without Rose, they snapped the Heats streak...clearly with him they would be stronger too...
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 pm

ofcourse.

Regarding Rose and his predecessors: They were looked at in a bad way because they didn't do what a point guard was supposed to do and now its considered normal for point guards to be first scoring options. Also, his talent love is IMO considerably higher.

The guy should just suit up and play already. You can't pussyfoot around the issue. You have to just play and see and figure it out after that
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 pm

I dont think hes anymore talented than Francis or Starbury, especially Starbury.

Agree about the change in view, thats the reason I overlooked.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:I like Rose, but I do think he is a little overrated. Back in the late 90's and early 00's, players the exact same as him in terms of style (Marbury, Francis) where looked upon in a bad way and both of those guys were better passers and got more assists, Francis also rebounded the ball...but yeah, because Rose is a "nice guy" or something, hes generally loved...its odd.

True...

and this is in no way an indictment on AI, but he was never really criticized for being inefficient. He's a career 42%(31 from 3)shooter who averaged 26-27 points on 22 shots. Was it because he carried Philly to the finals by himself? Cause he was only 5'11?

Marbury had similar numbers and was a better passer/Francis had similar numbers but was a better shooter(%wise). They got all the criticism.

Not meant as a shot at AI because I loved him growing up, but I will say looking back now I believe he's a bit overrated.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I like Rose, but I do think he is a little overrated. Back in the late 90's and early 00's, players the exact same as him in terms of style (Marbury, Francis) where looked upon in a bad way and both of those guys were better passers and got more assists, Francis also rebounded the ball...but yeah, because Rose is a "nice guy" or something, hes generally loved...its odd.

True...

and this is in no way an indictment on AI, but he was never really criticized for being inefficient. He's a career 42%(31 from 3)shooter who averaged 26-27 points on 22 shots. Was it because he carried Philly to the finals by himself? Cause he was only 5'11?

Marbury had similar numbers and was a better passer/Francis had similar numbers but was a better shooter(%wise). They got all the criticism.

Not meant as a shot at AI because I loved him growing up, but I will say looking back now I believe he's a bit overrated.

Me personally, I dont and never did care about %'s and stuff like that, but indeed Iversons was real low.

But to be honest, his job had by MILES the highest degree of difficulty of any great player.

He had Eric Snow, a 34 year old Mutombo and other medicore players like Aaron Mckey and Matt Geiger....like literally noone else on his team could create a shot. It was even worse than the Bulls, Boozer used to be a 20-25 a game scorer and can score in the post...heck, Luol Deng is a better scorer than anyone A.I had...Iverson really had nothing to work with on the offensive end. That team was so defence minded in terms of their roster.

I think yeah, he shoot some low %'s..but his volume...he put in 30 a game...guys like Rose, Francis and Starbury arent touching that.

And his shooting % also makes it look like he was just shooting shots to get his numbers, but they dont take into account how much he got to the line. He got there at least 10 times a game, so then if he goes and shoots 8-20 after that with a couple 3's, that still 28 points. I mean, that kind of volume..others really arent capable of...I would guess that if someone like Rose tried to put up 30 a game, they would have similarly low shooting %....So I get what your saying but I put AI above those guys still.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

I have him above all those as well. Just wondering beacuse at the time I never remembered him getting criticized much if at all.

Taking that mediocre team to the Finals was something but the East at the time was also wayy weaker than even today. Next best teams off the top were the Bucks, Pacers and Raps. None of which had title rosters.(Allen/GRob/Cassell were closest I guess)

Never got past the 2nd round after, and when he did get good teammates(Melo/Camby/Smith/Nene), they did nothing.

Don't want to sound like I'm hating on him, he's one of the most exciting players ever no doubt, and I wished he coulda gotten back into the league, but for some reason he was exempt from criticism until the mid-late 00's.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 am

Who's the fastest player in the League at this point?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130404/andre-drummond-nba-rookie-detroit-pistons/

Surprise rookie Andre Drummond shows drafting is far from a science
Spoiler:

Decent read, lol @ comparing the stiffs in this draft to Drummond though.

Any one of Davis, MKG, Beal, Waiters, Barnes, Lillard, Drummond, Robinson, Lamb and probably even Sullinger, Ross, Jones would go #1 overall in this draft.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:22 am

Gallinari got injured pretty bad, messed up his knee. Looks like a torn ligament maybe.

kinda rough to look at so I'll put the picture in spoiler tags(that Kevin Ware injury has desensitized me tho)
Spoiler:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51 pm

dmize wrote:I have him above all those as well. Just wondering beacuse at the time I never remembered him getting criticized much if at all.

Taking that mediocre team to the Finals was something but the East at the time was also wayy weaker than even today. Next best teams off the top were the Bucks, Pacers and Raps. None of which had title rosters.(Allen/GRob/Cassell were closest I guess)

Never got past the 2nd round after, and when he did get good teammates(Melo/Camby/Smith/Nene), they did nothing.

Don't want to sound like I'm hating on him, he's one of the most exciting players ever no doubt, and I wished he coulda gotten back into the league, but for some reason he was exempt from criticism until the mid-late 00's.

Im not sure, I get what your saying but I am not into media and all that stuff quite like I am now so im not sure the level of his criticism. I agree he probably didnt get it to the same degree he might get now, but I guess winning overules everything. When you win, all the other stuff takes a back seat. And while the East was weak, he won.

As for that team in Denver, horribly constructed in my opinion. 3 wing gunners, no passers...more talent for sure but horribly put together. If they got Iverson in his Sixers day someone like Jermaine O Neal or Elton Brand...just a very good all star level ish 4 who coul still play defence, that team would of been even better. Still would lost to Shaq and Kobe but none the less.

I get what your saying and mostly agree, but I guess I, like some back then, are willing to ignore the %'s because of the volume and more importantly the trash he played with. I think put him with a couple better players and he shoots better %.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 pm

dmize wrote:Who's the fastest player in the League at this point?

Today, John Wall in my opinion.

Just pure speed, get down the court in a straight line....yeah, im going with Wall.

The problem is though, many of the wing guys who run off the ball you dont know just how fast they are. Wall and other guys like Westbrook, Rose, Lawson and a few others you could put in this, they have the ball and you see them blow by someone.

But a wing guy, he is running down the sides and filling the lanes..dont always see him go past people so its hard.

For example, I read that David Robinson was the fastest guy on the Spurs teams back in his day. During sprints, noone is beating him. 7 foot center.

Oh and Galo is done man, that looks pretty bad.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Rose > Francis or Marbury IMO

Fastest guy in the league? Tough call.. Wall, Westbrook, Kemba, Lawson are all up there just to name a few

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Why is Rose better though? I cant think of any real reason.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:02 pm

I don't know.. Just using the 'eye-test' really

Rose seems like he's more in control of the game than those guys.. Rose is arguably the best PG in the game today when healthy, those two were never considered that if I recall (at least not Marbury)

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 pm

If Rose played the same days as prime J-Kidd or Nash..he wouldnt be considered the best PG then either.

I dont think Rose is the best point guard today anyway, I dont even think CP3 is, but hes better than Rose to me.

I think Rose is actually benefitting with the modern way people look at the game, thats all Francis and Marbury both could shoot at least as well as he can, I think better...both could get in the lane and finish as Rose can to obviously, both were better passes and Francis a triple double threat.

All I see is Rose is a good guy playing in a time where shooting point guards are less frowned upon than those guys days..back then, everyone was talkin about Kidd, Nash and Stockton and Payton just gone..guys who really ran an offence and shot second to that...so of course Marbury, Francis and others come along and nobody likes their games.

Now, theres Rose, theres Westbrook, theres tons of guys who look to shoot first so its more acceptable.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:14 am

I don't know if they were much better than Rose, but Rose doesn't really do anything to separate himself from those 2.

And Marbury was right there as a top PG around 2002/2003. I can think of Kidd and AI who were better off the top of my head, and probably J Williams but that's arguable. Right around where Rose would be ranked as a PG today.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 am

Will be the next John Wall with a better jumpshot. :coffee:

He's transferring to UConn from NC State
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 am

Bill Simmons is so annoying. Some quotes from tonight:

On the success the Knicks and Nets were having recently with Martin/Evans, energy guys: "To me those guys are fool's gold, you can't win with those guys."

Magic: "I know for a fact you can win with those guys as Martin and Kidd took the Nets to the Finals.

Bill Simmons: silent

"LeBron probably could(average a triple double) but he's not a stat chaser like Wilt Chamberlain"

:facepalm: Jalen was like whoa there.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:56 am

Carmelo Anthony last 3 games : 130 points, 52 for 81 (65%)

:bow: Proud Twisted Evil

The Knicks stomped the Buck's in the 2nd half tonight. Win streak is at 11.

Sh*t is gettin real. Like, really real.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:05 am

Knicks aren't really playing that well(at least in the past 3 games). Just that Melo is shooting really well. Apart from JR Smith's 30 against the Bucks, the rest of the team have been shoite.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:43 am

Just beat the Suns. 6 more games to go :bow: :bow: Just need to pull through here and stay in 6th. I fancy our chances vs Denver without Gallinari, Memphis, and even the Clipps. Just want to avoid OKC and Spurs at this point.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 am

Go Celtics. KG true legend Proud

Are Celtics winning the NBA right now? Or is that the Miami Cold Snaps? Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:46 pm

dmize wrote:I don't know if they were much better than Rose, but Rose doesn't really do anything to separate himself from those 2.

And Marbury was right there as a top PG around 2002/2003. I can think of Kidd and AI who were better off the top of my head, and probably J Williams but that's arguable. Right around where Rose would be ranked as a PG today.

I think they roughly the same level, makes sense to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next