Red Alert
McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
iftikhar
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by donttreadonred Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm

@YNWA

I too would be a little surprised if this GK competition talk isn't more media stunt than reality. I simply can't see us buying a #1 at 9 million to sit him on the bench. As much as I would like to see both of them here next season, I can't shake the feeling that this is a preemptive move to soften the blow when Reina leaves. Whether a bid is imminent for Reina or not, he's not been incredibly consistent for several years, and he has been flirting heavily with Barcelona.

Even if there is a GK competition, who's to say Mignolet doesn't win it. He's younger, has more to prove, and needs to win it in order to push for a spot in the Belgium WC squad. For me, those things may actually give Mignolet the edge in a keeper competition. Of course, his distribution and leadership are question marks, but that's not to say he can't step up and improve.

In all honesty, I beginning to warm to the idea of having Mignolet as the #1 next season, despite the criticisms of his game. The true test, of course, will not come until he plays his first competitive match in goal for us.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by iftikhar Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Assaidi and Suso sent on loan.

1. Carroll
2. Suso
3. Assaidi
4. Shelvey

Did I miss any!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Assaidi hasnt gone yet.
Pacheco is soon to go.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:46 pm

iftikhar wrote:Assaidi and Suso sent on loan.

1. Carroll
2. Suso
3. Assaidi
4. Shelvey

Did I miss any!

Assaidi deal didn't go through yet! Did it? scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:33 am

Assaidi is with the squad right now. He has not been loaned out or sold.

Feyenoord have apparently confirmed their interest in him, however.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 am

RedOranje wrote:Assaidi is with the squad right now.  He has not been loaned out or sold.

Feyenoord have apparently confirmed their interest in him, however.
Yes, but I believe the intention is to loan him. In his case, a loan with a view to a purchase wouldn't be bad. He's shown that he is a capable player in the Dutch league. I actually think he could regain some of that form if he goes out on loan. That, of course puts him in a better position than...

Pacheco! Another loan... Really? :facepalm: After so many loans, I don't see how he hasn't warranted a transfer. He's obviously not "Liverpool Quality" (though he did play well against Preston), but he has something to offer a Championship (or equivalent) club... That we've failed to secure a permanent deal has to be seen as at best a disappointment, and at worst a financial/developmental failure.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3