Red Alert
McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
iftikhar
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread Empty Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 am

I know it's just April 1 and the window is two months away, but seeing how the squad thread is bustling with inbound rumors etc., thought it will be fare to start this thread as well. The following isn't about whom I think should/would be sold.

1. Reina
2. Skrtel
3. Coates
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Downing
7. Carroll
8. Pacheco
9. Assaidi
10. Shelvey

Share your views as well as any rumors. Who should be sold as well as who could be sold.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread Empty Re: Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't really warm up to this thread, too much speculation. I just hope Skrtel won't be sold, that's it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread Empty Re: Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm

I do have to say in looking at that list how little "deadwood" we have to clear out this window. For the first time in a long time, I think most of us would be alright with a transfer window in which no one leaves. Obviously not ideal - Spearing, Carroll, and a few others probably aren't going to have a role next year, so should be let go - but IF we were to hold onto everyone, I don't think anybody would complain.

Definitely couldn't have said that in the last two years.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 pm

What worries me most is that this time it's the younger players who face the chop. Coates, Wilson, Assaidi, Pacheco, Spearing, Carroll; I expect more than one of the bunch to leave. Four of these six names barely featured in last two seasons and they all came with high expectations.

But as Stevieg said we have very little in terms of real dead-woods (most of them got chopped in Kenny's Summer) left in the squad.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Wilson's contract is out this summer so expect him to be gone.

I also think it's time we let go of Pacheco. He's not even lighting up the Spanish second division on fire.

Carroll and Spearing have to go. Not because I don't like them or anything, but becasue they literally have no place in the team.

I think it's imperative that Coates goes out on loan. If he doesn't become a starter here next season he won't get better from sitting on the bench and we'll just be wasting his talents. Seba will benefit ten folds starting for a relegation fodders next season as he will feel pressure and will play mostly.

I would also like us to consider loaning out Shelvey. If we do get a backup to Lucas (Iturra etc) and another AM (Eriksen, Mkhitiryan). That's two more midfielders that will be ahead of him. He will not get much game time here next season. We also have Teixeira, who is already looking as good as Suso in the reserves who plays AM and CM. Same with Pelosi, Adorjan and Coady who all look ready for an odd game here and there.

Assaidi situation is weird. I want us to keep him for at least one more season. If Rodgers still seems uninterested in playing him then we can sell him. He's looked good every time he's played but when the coach doesn't rate a player for whatever reason there is no reason to waste a squad space on him.

Reina and Allen are staying no doubt.

Downing, I personally want gone. His stock will never be higher. He's turning 30 next season. I really don't have to explain that the second we get a better in, Downing will be useless. He's confidence player and coming off the bench he'll be useless.

Sell:
Downing
Carroll
Spearing
Pacheco

Loan
Coates
Shelvey

Retire & Contract Expiration:
Carra
Wilson
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:16 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
[Sell:
Downing
Carroll
Spearing
Pacheco

Loan
Coates
Shelvey

Carra
Wilson

I wouldn't mind that. But it's Liverpool we're talking about here.
We'll sell one of Agger or Skrtel potentially maybe Henderson and make everything complicated.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:17 am

Also, why exactly would anyone want Joe Allen sold?!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 am

If we do loan-out Shelvey & Coates, then that should be to quality teams. Loaning Shelvey to a EPL (even if relegation suspect) rival wouldn't be wise but we may consider SPL. For Championship teams, they has to promotion contenders. He must fight with quality players and under pressure of well defined target. For Coates, we may consider Spanish or French league.

How much do we expect from the sale of Carroll, Downing, Pacheco & Spearing! This might prove vital in our in-bound targets.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 pm

ynwa wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
[Sell:
Downing
Carroll
Spearing
Pacheco

Loan
Coates
Shelvey

Carra
Wilson

I wouldn't mind that. But it's Liverpool we're talking about here.
We'll sell one of Agger or Skrtel potentially maybe Henderson and make everything complicated.

Just like when we sold Agger to City last summer right? I mean it was a done deal because the owners were forcing it through, right? Come to think of it, how can we sell a player we clearly already sold? scratch
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 am

Twas a joke, Red. I was just trying to over exaggerate (sp?) how stupid we've been in the summer transfer window in the past 4 seasons or so where it should be clear on what we need. We've wasted a lot of money on the wrong players and the continuosly change of systems and playing styles doesn't help.

Also, your post sounds like you're accusing me of of attacking FSG. I'm probably one of the few Liverpool supporters that actually believe that they're the right sort of owners...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 am

How much do you suppose we can generate from sale of players! I think Carroll, Downing, Pacheco & Spearing are on the top of probable sales list. If so, how much can the bunch fetch! £30 million! If we add Assaidi & Coates to the list would that add another £10 million!

I think a large portion of our summer purchase will be funded by sales (players) proceeds.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Still don't believe Coates will be sold unless a great deal for a replacement comes along (i.e. getting de Vrij for £5m and selling Coates for £8m; the opposite is closer to reality though).

Sounds like we'll try to play hardball with Carroll's price again, though I can't see anyone stumping up £17m. He'll probably end up leaving for £10-15m, plus relatively small fees for Spearing and Assaidi (won't take much to turn a profit on those two though). I'm not sure Downing is on the transfer list anymore, he may have earned himself another season under Rodgers in the second half of the season. I DO worry that Henderson might still be seen as a potential option for generating funds, unfortunately. Rodgers just doesn't seem to have taken to him this season, despite a number of good performances.

At the moment I'm expecting something like this:
Carroll: £12m
Assaidi: £3m
Spearing: £2m
Pacheco: £2m
Carragher: Retirement
Coates: Loan
Suso/Shelvey: Loan

Possibilities:
Downing: £8m
Henderson: £10m

That's £19-37m plus the £20-30m I'm expecting us to have in the kitty before sales... not a small amount but there's a lot of guess work and a bit of optimism in my calculations.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:26 am

It's a shame that MON lost his job and Redknapp :bow: is getting relegated. We could have fetched 10M+ for Stewinho from them too. We should hope Andy goes on a scoring run for West Ham for rest of the season, so maybe we can start a bidding war between them and Newcastle for his signature. Andy anything above 12M would be great.

Spearing has been utterly FANTASTIC for Bolton. Their fans love him, and Freedman could get them in play-off spots. if they get promoted, we can get up to 4M for him..if not, probably 2M.

I think we'll use Assaidi as deal-sweetener if we do deals with Ajax, it's clear that BR doesn't rate him.

I think Pacheco will get for under 1M, I actually wouldn't be surprise if we sell Coates too, and BR starts the next season with one of Kelly/Wisdom as CB options in addition to 2 new centrebacks alongside Agger.

Skrtel, I feel is gone. It appears he's fallen out with BR sadly. He's been a great servant with some high (and low) points for us, but looks like BR hasn't gotten that Oldham yet, and Martin didn't redeem it when given another chance vs. Saints. I just hope IF we really do end up putting in the market, we get Zenit/Anzhi bidding war, and actually replace him with an experienced option as opposed to another youngster.

Selling Hendo would be idiotic. He's improving and provides THE perfect squad option.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 am

^ Who are we kidding? lol. We've replaced Torres with Carroll, Alonso with Aquilani, Mascherano with Poulsen, Meireles with Adam, and Yossi Benayoun for Joe Cole.

Liverpool has a habit of not replacing quality with quality. And if they do, they give high wages for injury prone players / or that are passed it.
We'll probably end up selling Skrtel for Ashley Williams and get De Vrij as the back-up.

I reckon we'll have around 50m to spend. Maybe a net of around 25-30 depending on sales.

We should get atleast 20m for Carroll and Downing alone. If we do intend of getting rid of Martin, he should go for around 15m. No point selling him for the same price / for a loss as he's been a sucess during his time year. Anzhi and Zenit aren't poor either - and we lack players in defence. So if we do want to get rid, we should get top dollar for him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:11 am

It would hurt a lot if we lose Skrtel and/or Hendo this summer. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:19 am

Hendo shouldn't be sold. A lot of questions will be asked if he does.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 am

@red: your and my estimates are pretty close. I had valued Carroll a bit higher (£15 mil) while Pacheco a bit lower (£1 mil). Not just Selling Henderson and keeping Downing, doing either will be a set-back. We have seen two windows and Rodgers seems to do the right selling and buying.

@ynwa: you are revisiting the H&G and Roy era. Since Roy we have bought quality players. True, most of them were raw but quality none the less.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:54 am

We can all agree Rodgers is buying the right sort of players. Even if it doesn't work out for his signings (Allen, Sturridge, Borini, and Coutinho) they will always have suitors willing to pay just as much as we paid for them if not more.

I know we all want some experience but given some patience these guys can all turn out to be shrewd pieces of business. Long may it continue (Meaning bring on the likes of Eriksen, Dede, De Vrij, etc).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:We can all agree Rodgers is buying the right sort of players. Even if it doesn't work out for his signings (Allen, Sturridge, Borini, and Coutinho) they will always have suitors willing to pay just as much as we paid for them if not more.

I know we all want some experience but given some patience these guys can all turn out to be shrewd pieces of business. Long may it continue (Meaning bring on the likes of Eriksen, Dede, De Vrij, etc).

hmm

This thread is starting to overlap with Our Squad thread, btw.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I wanted to say except Allen but I'm pretty sure he'll live up to a 15m price tags again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:32 am

A bit off-topic, but happened to Sahin! He was undoubtly talented and also proven. But he was rarely used and then just shipped-off!!!

What went wrong! Know anything!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes, there were entire threads on it over months and months. I'd suggest reading them.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

RedOranje wrote:Yes, there were entire threads on it over months and months. I'd suggest reading them.

I tried the Liverpool section (Sahin & Transfer threads) but haven't got much. Were you refering General Section! Anyway it's a done deal.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 30, 2013 6:15 am

iftikhar wrote:I know it's just April 1 and the window is two months away, but seeing how the squad thread is bustling with inbound rumors etc., thought it will be fare to start this thread as well. The following isn't about whom I think should/would be sold.

1. Reina
2. Skrtel
3. Coates
4. Wilson (Gone)
5. Allen
6. Downing
7. Carroll
8. Pacheco
9. Assaidi
10. Shelvey

Share your views as well as any rumors. Who should be sold as well as who could be sold.

Pacheco & Spearing saying things like they would be sitting with Rodgers to decide on their future. But they know they are as good as gone. Most worrying, nothing about Downing. They again it's just May.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 6:42 am

Reina just like Suarez had an interview where he said it'll be hard to turn down a club like Barca. I wonder why nobody is throwing a hissy fit about it when it seems like both players said the same exact thing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next