RebaƱo Sagrado
Swanhends
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

USA vs Mexico - Page 6 Empty Re: USA vs Mexico

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 am

Motogp69 wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Why do mexicans born in america support mexico Suspect really weird

I know this is hypocritical but :coffee:

Really depends on the region and how much "immigration", as an issue, is on the forefront of their minds. There is no way to escape the issue in the West and Southwest because they are faced with the reality of the issue every day. For these Mexican-Americans why would you play for a country that resents you?

We have lost an entire generation of Mexican-American football players due to this hate...It's really unfortunate.

Ehh, I understand your sentiment here, but I'm not sure I agree with it.

The wonderful thing about sports, any sport, is that all it takes are good performances to turn the crowd in your favor. Everyone (those with common sense anyway) knows that guys like Michael Orozco and Jose Torres are legal US citizens and that they give their all for the Nats when given the chance to play with them. That's really all that should matter to these guys. They let their football do the talking and the fans will come around. Luckily though, most USA fans (the true ones) are rather progressive and liberal anyway so it's not like these guys will be heckled by anti-immigration conservatives as a football matches. Those idiots see this sport as an immigrant sport anyway and such couldn't be arsed to show up. So really it shouldn't be all that bad for these guys, but something tells me that its the treatment they get off the football pitch that likely influences their decisions more often than not.

Motogp69 wrote:Oh, and I'm not going to be a fan-boy and say that wasn't a penalty. Mexico should of been awarded one for the Edu foul, but the one early on Little Pea was a classless dive.

For our American fans I have a follow up question: do you think we need to embrace the dark arts of football that Mexico is so good at? Personally, I prefer to at least try and win without cheating, but we have been on the losing end a few times due to our lack of gamesmanship.

USA are doing just fine without resorting to such an avenue imo. I think we have some clearly talented enough players that with a better mentality, we might well have had more chances in a game like that. We went to that stadium to play like one of the provincial Serie A sides I see come to Rome with the idea of gritty defending and the erswhile counter attack only to get smashed. If USA want to get in with the big boys, that type of small club mentality isn't going to work against sides like Mexico.

I understand it though. This is a results business after all. As something of a footballing purist, I frankly would've preferred we had attacked more and lose though instead of parking the bus for a point. That's just me though and that's probably why I support a club like Roma Laughing

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Guzan only had to make 3 saves all night, none of them extremely difficult, so Mexicos finishing must really be abysmal if they cant even hit the net

For all their possession, Mexico really werent all that threatening tbh
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:41 pm

I Have Mono wrote:Laughing Because Bernardez and Figurora were both marking chicharito on the free kick and not Zavala, Moreno or Maza.
Or we're you referring to the low cross chicharito scored on from Guardado ?

Chicharito hasn't scored against the US for 6 games. Laughing poor finishing. It's by design not because of poor finishing.

Maynoe Figueroa was marking Chicharito on the freekick, while Muma was marking Chicharito on the cross. #FAIL

Chicharito hasn't played the US 6 times... another #fail

USA was holding on for life.. no attack generated, Mexico did more than what the US were possibly "planning" on doing in 90 minutes. The goals didn't come due to a shot deflected in the box by the last man standing, or a shot that just goes wide of the posts.. Thats not something you plan. Napoleon Complex
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Catracho wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Why do mexicans born in america support mexico Suspect really weird

I know this is hypocritical but :coffee:

Really depends on the region and how much "immigration", as an issue, is on the forefront of their minds. There is no way to escape the issue in the West and Southwest because they are faced with the reality of the issue every day. For these Mexican-Americans why would you play for a country that resents you?

We have lost an entire generation of Mexican-American football players due to this hate...It's really unfortunate.

what are you saying...

There's racism in america to mexicans... duh
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Catracho wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:

what are you saying...

where??? lol in rural america??? I know illegal mexican families who support the USMNT, and some who don't.. its simply a preference. Chicanos and Pochos support Mexico despite being American because they feel somewhat proud of their heritage, while some illegals have hate towards the republic they use to pledge to and support America.

I'm not sure you understand the gravity of things here in the US.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Catracho wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:Laughing Because Bernardez and Figurora were both marking chicharito on the free kick and not Zavala, Moreno or Maza.

Chicharito hasn't scored against the US for 6 games. Laughing poor finishing. It's by design not because of poor finishing.

Maynoe Figueroa was marking Chicharito on the freekick, while Muma was marking Chicharito on the cross. #FAIL

USA was holding on for life.. no attack generated, Mexico did more than what the US were possibly "planning" on doing in 90 minutes. The goals didn't come due to a shot deflected in the box by the last man standing, or a shot that just goes wide of the posts.. Thats not something you plan. Napoleon Complex

Won't disagree that Bernardez was marking him on the cross but a competent keeper would've saved that header and the reason that were even talking about it is because we're arguing if chicharito can score goals like that against the United States which based on the games he's played against them he can not. There's a reason why Honduras' keeper has only played in the Liga Nacional in Honduras.

Espinoza was marking chicharito on the free kick not Figueroa and didn't even bother to follow him which is just plain laziness.

My bad you're correct about not playing 6 games blame the fat guy on ESPN I should've checked first.

Mexico vs USA -- March 26 2013 (world cup qualifying)
Mexico vs USA --August 16 2012 (friendly)
USA vs Mexico --June 25 2011 (gold cup)

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm

USA vs Mexico - Page 6 BGdwh6fCMAA-X4e
USA vs Mexico - Page 6 BGdwrumCAAAb-3Q

Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Friedel with the superpowers. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 pm

That's Guzan
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:02 pm

I meant Friedal giving Guzan superpowers from the bench. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:24 am

Catracho wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
Catracho wrote:

what are you saying...

where??? lol in rural america??? I know illegal mexican families who support the USMNT, and some who don't.. its simply a preference. Chicanos and Pochos support Mexico despite being American because they feel somewhat proud of their heritage, while some illegals have hate towards the republic they use to pledge to and support America.

Illegal or not, most support mexico regardless of being born in america

Trust me, I live in dallas, and there are more then enough mexicans to settle my case.. :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:27 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Catracho wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Illegal or not, most support mexico regardless of being born in america

Trust me, I live in dallas, and there are more then enough mexicans to settle my case.. :coffee:

EVEN WORSE.. I know pochos who support both sides of the coin. Theres tiers.. most illegals go for Mexico because hurr durr born in Mexico, then theres pochos who are Mexicans who crossed over legally who are most likely US supporters, then theres Chicanos who are Mexi-Americans who support whichever is convenient.. bro I've lived in San Diego for a very long time.. and I'm part Honduran.. stop it. smoking
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 am

I Have Mono wrote:
Catracho wrote:

Won't disagree that Bernardez was marking him on the cross but a competent keeper would've saved that header and the reason that were even talking about it is because we're arguing if chicharito can score goals like that against the United States which based on the games he's played against them he can not. There's a reason why Honduras' keeper has only played in the Liga Nacional in Honduras.

Espinoza was marking chicharito on the free kick not Figueroa and didn't even bother to follow him which is just plain laziness.

My bad you're correct about not playing 6 games blame the fat guy on ESPN I should've checked first.

Mexico vs USA -- March 26 2013 (world cup qualifying)
Mexico vs USA --August 16 2012 (friendly)
USA vs Mexico --June 25 2011 (gold cup)

lol @ blaming poor goalkeeping, Valladares also had the best save of the 2010 World Cup.. hurrr durrr, he plays in Honduras he must be bad hurr durr.. guess where the guy who scored that bike on the US plies his trade??? LEL Chicharito makes a decent living off those half headers and thats his thing.. aerial poacher in the box. Stop the h8 Nad.

Espinoza wasn't marking Chich.. Maynor was right behind Cheech and he got beat to the inside since he was marking his outside back. I was at the game!! lol
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Catracho wrote:lol @ blaming poor goalkeeping, Valladares also had the best save of the 2010 World Cup.. hurrr durrr, he plays in Honduras he must be bad hurr durr.. guess where the guy who scored that bike on the US plies his trade??? LEL Chicharito makes a decent living off those half headers and thats his thing.. aerial poacher in the box. Stop the h8 Nad.

Espinoza wasn't marking Chich.. Maynor was right behind Cheech and he got beat to the inside since he was marking his outside back. I was at the game!! lol

Because 1 save makes you a good goalkeeper ? The 1st goal was a very make able save.
If he was good he'd be in Liga MX,MLS or Europe.

Being at the game is supposed to automatically make you right ? If you've ever watch a game at the stadium and then at home you realize that you can miss a lot of shit. It's pretty evident that Espinoza was marking him from the video.

Anyways the point of this which you keep missing is he's not making those goals against the US. I mean he scores like 2 goals every 3 games he play for Mexico ?? but none against the US in 3 games.

And it's not like the US didn't sub in 3 attackers in the game ( Eddie Johnson, Brek Shea, and Brad Davis) they tried to attack the US were just flat out bad.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6