Pogba wants France call-up

+2
RealGunner
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Pogba wants France call-up Empty Pogba wants France call-up

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:09 pm

uventus midfielder Paul Pogba has claimed that he deserves a call-up to the French national team.

The 19-year-old has yet to play for Didier Deschamps' men, but the Bianconeri man has insisted that his club form is worth an international cap.

“I have been doing some great things this season,” he told reporters. “I have played 20 League games and have scored five goals.

“Serie A is not an easy League and I am very happy.

“Now I am looking forward to hearing the call from the national team.

“I'm working hard to achieve that goal, and if I continue like this, then hopefully it'll come soon.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Pogba wants France call-up Empty Re: Pogba wants France call-up

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Called up to the senior squad.

As he has never played for the Under 21s, this is very very impressive.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Called up to the senior squad.

Quite the impressive player. RG do you see him as the heir apparent to Viera or more of his own style of player. Vieras best years were at Arsenal, and during that time I watched a lot of Arsenal matches (Henry, Wiltord, Viera > all at that point in time). I guess I see the Pogba Viera comparisons because they are both black, french, tall, center mids... but Viera IMO was a true CM where as i can see pogba being more like a nedved type player (capable of being a true ATTACKING force from MF positions).

WHat do you think?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 pm

First of all, it's great to see you back Alex. Always nice to have a quality poster like you around.

About the question. You are absolutely spot on. The comparisons between Vieira and Pogba will be inevitable. There already are and not surprisingly at all. It's always a great honor for the kids to be compared with the greats of the past.

I think Pogba is or will end up as a CAM or a Lampard type CM who would score A LOT of goals. He has an excellent shot on him while his technique is brilliant too, and his physique will enable him to make runs from deep and make impact like Yaya does a lot of the time. Vieira was a more defensive CM with tackling his primary attribute. Pogba is closer to Zidane type player than Vieira if you know what i mean.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:17 pm

king_alex10 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Called up to the senior squad.

Quite the impressive player. RG do you see him as the heir apparent to Viera or more of his own style of player. Vieras best years were at Arsenal, and during that time I watched a lot of Arsenal matches (Henry, Wiltord, Viera > all at that point in time). I guess I see the Pogba Viera comparisons because they are both black, french, tall, center mids... but Viera IMO was a true CM where as i can see pogba being more like a nedved type player (capable of being a true ATTACKING force from MF positions).

WHat do you think?

ALEX cheers
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Teenager Paul Pogba has been rewarded for his form at Juventus by being named in the France squad.

Didier Deschamps admitted this week that the 19-year-old was on his radar and he has been selected in his latest party.

It is the first time that the midfielder has been picked at full international level.

France play Georgia and Spain on March 22 and 26.

Squad – Goalkeepers: Mickaël Landreau (Bastia), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Stève Mandanda (Marseille).

Defenders: Gaël Clichy (Manchester City), Mathieu Debuchy (Newcastle), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Christophe Jallet (PSG), Mamadou Sakho (PSG), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Newcastle).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle), Maxime Gonalons (Lyon), Blaise Matuidi (PSG), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).

Forwards: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Olivier Groud (Arsenal), Bafetimbi Gomis (Lyon), Jérémy Ménez (PSG), Dimitri Payet (Lille), Loïc Rémy (Queens Park Rangers).
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:26 pm

I think France will really flourish from having him in the midfield! They haven't had a player like this in the team since Viera retired so happy days for them and Paul!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome back guys... Been around for a few days (I was a lurker for over a year BTW).

Thanks for the response RG. I think Pogbas talents would be wasted as a CDM. Viera was unbelievable at covering and setting up the counter with accurate passes, but his shooting was terrible IIRC and was a link up player rather than key cog in the attacking machine.

Pogba appears to be more of an attacking threat. The shot on him is... magnificent. Lampard with more technique and athleticism... ill take that. France and Juve really have a true gem on their hands.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:14 pm

I know you guys arent saying Pogba's defensive side is bad but i also dont think your giving him enough credit. Hes a monster at interceptions and pressuring, he can be lazy at times but he'll grow out of that with age and more games under his belt.

Future WC player, i see Barca, Madrid, City ect putting in serious bids for him soon.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Cabaye went down tonight. If he can't recover in time (groin), Pogba starts for sure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down