guest7
ronalessi
Onyx
Swanhends
Collblanc
68 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

FC Barcelona vs AC Milan - Aftermath - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Barcelona vs AC Milan - Aftermath

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 am

Didn't think we would go through til the 4th goal tbh, pulled it off though.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona vs AC Milan - Aftermath - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Barcelona vs AC Milan - Aftermath

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 am

danyjr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:An attack of Niang, SES and Boatend is laughable.
Not at all.

what? excuse me? A MIlan team whose attack turns around a young up and coming player, an inconsistent jack of all trade player that isnt really a forward and a young lad that was playing L2 in france a year ago? this is Milan attack? we went from Sheva-Kaka-Inzaghi to Niang-SES-Boateng? that's a laughable forward line. Heck, they dont even hold a candle to Real Sociedad attacking players.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 am

Even with Barca's pressing, teams still create chances against them. They just need to take them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 am

They couldnt keep the ball ,because the technique in the Milan team just isnt there.Apart from Montolivo every midfielder they have are workhorses with average technique.There's not one Milan player in the team atm who i can say is good in tight spots(Maybe Montolivo is arguable but thats just one player) plus most of the players in the team they've got are atrocious passers i mean literally,Boateng is so rubbish when it comes to passing skills.You can argue all you want but this Milan team is low on quality even compared to the side they had last year.A Seedorf like player would've greatly helped them in this type of game.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:A better team would exploit Barca's defense.I wouldnt say they are unstoppable based on this performance.

The only time Milan got at the back 4 was when they sat back at 3-0....

You can talk about the defense all you want but if you can't keep the ball for me than 5 secs because of the ridiculous pressing then you won't do anything.

Also the defense wouldn't be as open in a 0-0 game, so you can't compare.

None the less no team can live with the pressing and fluidity when they have BusiXaviesta in the middle and a combination of Messi and Villa its been proven before and proven again.

Also Nick i agree another team would cause them more problems but i still highly doubt anyone could beat them when they play like this.

Mole, this Milan side is a joke. Of course another team would strike a lot more fear in Barcelona. First game wasnt about Milan being so good and dominating, but a case of barcelona playing poorly as they do every season when they are away.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:09 am

Keep in mind, Serie A will be back. Milan is rising, and the hopes of Serie A will rise with it. The young starlets you see today wearing the Red and Black ,the White and Black, and the Blue and Black will all be leading the Serie A revival. Rock bottom is over. Now it's time to start climbing.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 am

Why does it matter that La Liga is a 2 team league ?What matters is that Madrid and Barca will continue to dominate not only with their superior squads compared to many other teams but also because their turnovers are higher than any other club in the world.

Cash buys success.It is the sad reality of football nowadays and you have to accept it.Sooner or later that billions invested by city will pay dividends.

But for now its the age of Spanish football.They are dominating football at the moment and they deserve all the respect.

Last edited by Surag on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 am

lol @ people discrediting Milan. If this Milan side is a joke then Serie A is a joke. Because if Serie A started around matchday 9 (Milan had some restructuring to do at the beginning of the season after losing so many star players), Milan would be top of the league right now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 am

juveman17 wrote:Keep in mind, Serie A will be back. Milan is rising, and the hopes of Serie A will rise with it. The young starlets you see today wearing the Red and Black ,the White and Black, and the Blue and Black will all be leading the Serie A revival. Rock bottom is over. Now it's time to start climbing.
unless EPL and La Liga + PSG keeps using the teams as feeder clubs.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 am

I wouldn't call them a joke tbf, they had just gone 10 games unbeaten.

Its just Barca made them look awful, when they play like this they force teams to look bad.

You should know this tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 am

please dont turn this into a league vs league argument ffs :faxepalm:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 am

I only watched the second half but I can come to the conclusion that it was an absolutely majestic performance from Barcelona . They seemed to deserve the win from the half of football I saw. All 4 goals were top notch! Comprehensive win for me!

Things I saw :
Their midfielders and/or attackers looked really up for this game ! You could see it in their passing with the slick , sharp and precise passes they produced . Had possession as usual but used it much better.

Their pressing was also a joy to behold for me as well . I don't know how the first half went since I only saw the highlights for that but for the first 15 minutes of the second half , AC Milan barely found rhythm in their passing because of the excellent pressing, . I saw all sorts of poor passes and hoofs and that was because of the pressing ; it was made even more difficult because Milan did not possess and outlet up front to hold the ball up and who could be a target. The third goal was an example of them winning the ball high up the pitch and using it excellently.

Its a shame though, I thought this game wouldn't be so one sided. I at least expected Milan to score a goal with the terrible defence Barca has . Really disappointed by the Attackers of Milan. Everytime Milan got into Barca's box( which was not too much) their defenders looked very shaky and uncomposed . I really thought they could nick one! What Barca's defenders did really well for me was utilizing the offside trap; most of Milan's attacks were thwarted because their players were caught offside so many times because of the wonderful trap .( or was it because Milan's players anticipation of the play was off or they did not time their runs properly? hmm )

Difference between 3 weeks ago and today for me is : The space Messi created and found himself in and the efficiency and unwastefulness on the ball by Barca even though they had all of it! (as usual)
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 am

Mark my words. Once the age of Spanish Dominance is over, Serie A will be back. The young have shown it tonight. Milan didn't lose any honor fighting against a team of 2 time World Champs. This experience will only push them onward.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:what? excuse me? A MIlan team whose attack turns around a young up and coming player, an inconsistent jack of all trade player that isnt really a forward and a young lad that was playing L2 in france a year ago? this is Milan attack? we went from Sheva-Kaka-Inzaghi to Niang-SES-Boateng? that's a laughable forward line. Heck, they dont even hold a candle to Real Sociedad attacking players.
Your problem (I don't know how many teams you support but Milan is one of them?), wasn't attack. You showed that in the first leg. Your midfield, apart from Montolivo who can actually receive the ball in tight positions and distribute the ball well, is outdated. Ambrosini, I remember he was playing since I remember watching football. Very poor midfield. Also in defence, why not compare Zapata and Mexès to Maldini and Silva? And Constant ain't a LB. He was clueless in defence.

Yes, Milan need to bring in a lot of players to be competitive again. But contrary to what you suggest, it shouldn't start from the attack.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:18 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't call them a joke tbf, they had just gone 10 games unbeaten.

Its just Barca made them look awful, when they play like this they force teams to look bad.

Inexperience of some players greatly showed as well.

If Barca play with the same intensity ,they'll cause any side problems for sure but we have to also believe that teams with superior attacking quality are going to exploit that defense any day.Its a bit too weak for my liking.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:19 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't call them a joke tbf, they had just gone 10 games unbeaten.

they intrinsically lack quality, and without genuine quality, without players with real technical abilities, you hit a road block vs barca. sorry but they dont look like a top european club to me. regardless of their streak in serie A. At least, they lack true quality players in too many key positions, name defense and attack.

Although, I do know that Barca gave a special performance tonight, well aware of that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 am

If milan had Pazzo we would have atleast scored 1.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 am

danyjr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:what? excuse me? A MIlan team whose attack turns around a young up and coming player, an inconsistent jack of all trade player that isnt really a forward and a young lad that was playing L2 in france a year ago? this is Milan attack? we went from Sheva-Kaka-Inzaghi to Niang-SES-Boateng? that's a laughable forward line. Heck, they dont even hold a candle to Real Sociedad attacking players.
Your problem (I don't know how many teams you support but Milan is one of them?), wasn't attack. You showed that in the first leg. Your midfield, apart from Montolivo who can actually receive the ball in tight positions and distribute the ball well, is outdated. Ambrosini, I remember he was playing since I remember watching football. Very poor midfield. Also in defence, why not compare Zapata and Mexès to Maldini and Silva? And Constant ain't a LB. He was clueless in defence.

Yes, Milan need to bring in a lot of players to be competitive again. But contrary to what you suggest, it shouldn't start from the attack.

not a milan fan lol, please no. I didnt suggest anything with regard to how milan should rebuild their squad. just said their attacking line was pathetic

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

they intrinsically lack quality, and without genuine quality, without players with real technical abilities, you hit a road block vs barca. sorry but they dont look like a top european club to me. regardless of their streak in serie A. At least, they lack true quality players in too many key positions, name defense and attack.

Although, I do know that Barca gave a special performance tonight, well aware of that.

Do agree with that but top european club and awful are two different things tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
danyjr wrote:

not a milan fan lol, please no. I didnt suggest anything with regard to how milan should rebuild their squad. just said their attacking line was pathetic

Yes because their only available striker got injured in their last game and Balo isn't allowed.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:24 am

I agree with some of the other posters here. Milan are not that bad a team, its just that when Barca play like this - it strikes panic in the other team. Also do not discount the fact that this match was in the Camp Nou, the atmosphere is electrifying

Great game from Barcelona to win the game, give credit where its due

Last edited by anirudhkitt on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:31 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Do agree with that but top european club and awful are two different things tbf.

yeah i know, i like going into extremes though, makes people upset Laughing

that being said, my sentiment is still that Milan as a team do not belong in the last 8, and they were properly dealt with. I simply do not see enough quality in that team.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 am

even before barca swaped into more defensive play milan played some footy, had they approached the game that way from the beggining the outcome would be different

again this is more due to milan's poor poor play than barca's dominance, it was damn obvious, pressing or not milan was not good with the ball, useless upfront and messed up behind,
one day allegri is the master tactician, the other day this...

they should have gone more offensively, they may had conceded 4 again but at least they would score

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 am

Congrats to Barcelona . Well deserved victory.

I am deeply dissapointed with Milan's performance. I had prepared myself for a sweet defeat today;a defeat of 3-1 , that would see us through. I even placed a bet , i was that sure. When Messi opened the score , everyone was cheering for Barca , but i kept calm , i fking knew it in my guts the moment would come.

Some minutes later Niang is quickly approaching Valdes.. and the fker hits the post. That post gave me my virginity back . I couldn't believe my eyes , i knew Milan would pay the price from thereafter.Sadly for the Milanisti , it was true. If they were owning us before that chance , Barcelona were unstopable afterwards.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:48 am

better team won. this milan team isnt any good.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 am

Milan isn't any good and all this crap I'm hearing... For crying out loud they beat and humiliated Barca 2-0 at San Siro. They didn't apply the same tactics as they did last leg. Saying that we have shown how dangerous we are when we play three forwards. The tactics were spot on. Pressing was unbelivable leading from the best DM in the world Busquests. Villa in the centre showed that Milan were too scared to let him go and left Messi with anchor of space to do his magic.
Milan didn't press and didn't do anything with the little possession they had. Niang squandered the only decent chance of the match...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next