rwo power
RealGunner
Kaladin
McAgger
Onyx
74 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion

Post by white_star Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Deja Vu wrote:Gon' be a sweet Mou-Drogba reunion. Very Happy

Why do you have that avatar? Do you know what it means? Are you a member?

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion

Post by white_star Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 pm

The draw is decent.

Z stop acting like Gala is a threat it's kind of obvious. They have no chance Madrid are in amazing form and will progress with no problem.

The PSG/Madrid fan boys in full flight again lol PSG can't beat ligue scrubs and your talking about them beating Barcelona like they are so much better the. The catalans. PSG is no madrid do stop comparing.

Dortmund for the win already that's what would make me happy!!

Juventus wont progress against Bayern.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Malaga to get through Dortmund and give us an easy stepping stone to the final.

That would be horrid. Dortmund deserve to go out against the eventual winners.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:01 pm

So basically a BVB, Bayern, Barca, Madrid semi final? I like the idea of this.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Looking past Juve? :whistle:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:15 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:So basically a BVB, Bayern, Barca, Madrid semi final? I like the idea of this.

it aint over till the fat lady sings
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:15 pm

la bestia negra wrote:
ioilersrock448 wrote:So basically a BVB, Bayern, Barca, Madrid semi final? I like the idea of this.

it aint over till the old lady sings

Thumbs up
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:
la bestia negra wrote:

Thumbs up

no Fat banana
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:is Leonardo mental: "we are favourites against Barca" in what world babs

Leonardo actually said that PSG can only be favored to win at Paris... but that this is the worse possible draw for them, but he's excited about the opportunity. Both Leo and Carlo have said that it would take perfect execution to beat Barca and hope that Messi has at least one less than stellar game.

One TV commentator even said... "Messi could always catch the flu. So there's a chance!"
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I think PSG actually has a chance. Ibrahimovic knows Barca and will know how to.hurt them, Silva and Alex both have experience against Messi and co and have done well against them in the past. With Lavezzi, Lucas, and Menez on the wings/attacking midfield they have some serious speed and technical ability that can hurt Barcas shaky backlinr. The only problem is the midfield. I would play Thiago Motta with Matuidi, as Motta also has good experience against Barca from his Inter days. Im not sure how Verratti would handle that kind of pressure. For the first leg though with Ibra out, i would consider a 4-3-3 with Lavezzi as a false 9 and Verratti added to that midfield.

Bayern Juve, well this scares me quite a bit, but i believe in Juve and think theyll get through. Since the winter break Bayerns defensive record has fallen, with them conceding 4 goals in theit last 2 games. Lichsteiner would have to mark Ribery all game long, but that would open up room for Marchisio abd Vidal to make runs into. Giovincos speed could also play a huge part if Van Buyten plays, and Vucinic could cause alot of trouble as well if hes on his game. Kroos could be a bit of a problem, so we need to watch him. He has one of the best shots in the game and we need to keep a close eye on him. Mandzukic i think is the exact type of player that Bonucci thrives on marking. We need to shut down thsur left side, and keep an eye on the wandering arounds of Muller and Kroos, and well be good. 1-1- away and 2-1 at home seems like a good bet. Ill take the win any way i can get it though, away goals or total score, i dont care, lets just win.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Damn me, you and like 3 other people going for 1-1 away and 2-1 at home :bow:

In PsG's case, yeah they're obviously underdogs but people are underestimating them.

They have Thiago silva in defence, he'll keep the line in check. They have a good CM duo whoever they pick and so many pacey, tricky players that can cause havoc. Barca looked vulnerable against El sharawaay, Boateng and Niang. Well even without Ibra PsG have Lavezzi, Menez and Lucas. If Barca let their full-backs push up too much you could be leaving Pique and Puyol exposed to some serious problems.

In the end Barca will probably go through, but don't write off PsG. A PsG win would surprise me a bit, but a big upset? Not with that squad.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 pm

La Decima is coming Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:21 am

AltoZ wrote:Has Barcelona ever beaten a great team 11v11 on the road in KO-stage in their Golden era?(2008-)

Chelsea , Bayern, Arsenal, United

Pls go

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:38 am

I don't think Barca have beaten a top team in a knockout stage match away from home 11 vs 11 since Guardiola took over.

They drew against Arsenal in 09-10 and lost 2-1 in 10-11. They drew vs Bayern away. They haven't faced Man United, they drew with Chelsea 1-1 in the 09-10 season and lost 1-0 last season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 am

Not our fault opposing players lose their heads out of lack-of-possession frustration and go for our players' legs instead of the ball. :coffee:
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Barca have beaten a top team in a knockout stage match away from home 11 vs 11 since Guardiola took over.

They drew against Arsenal in 09-10 and lost 2-1 in 10-11. They drew vs Bayern away. They haven't faced Man United, they drew with Chelsea 1-1 in the 09-10 season and lost 1-0 last season.

When's the last time you beat a top team in the knockout stages 11v11 at all?

No this does not count:

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 16 Nani-red-card-real-madrid

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:19 am

Why such hostility muzza? Big bad attitude. Means one thing

Compensation. :coffee:
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:45 am

aaaaaaaaaaand the madrid vs barcelona starts here
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 am

la bestia negra wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:
la bestia negra wrote:

Thumbs up

no Fat banana

that makes us more sexy for rape Shocked
Muzza wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Barca have beaten a top team in a knockout stage match away from home 11 vs 11 since Guardiola took over.

When's the last time you beat a top team in the knockout stages 11v11 at all?

No this does not count:

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 16 Nani-red-card-real-madrid

can we stop that situation by all football rules and as football referee I can tell you open foot is red card, you can argue that he didn't see the player, he was tracking the ball and so on but its red plain and simple.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:52 am

I stand corrected, missed out the word "away"

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Well since Mourinho took over in 2010, we've not really faced many top teams in a CL knockout match. We've faced Barca, Bayern and Man Utd.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 pm

please.. you are disrespecting spuds

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 pm

I got 7/8 right from Last 16 (I picked Schalke to go through after the draw, before Galata made reinforcements). My picks for 1/4:

PSG vs Barcelona
Bayern vs Juventus
Real Madrid vs Galatasaray
Málaga vs Borussia Dotmund

Team in bold to go through. As for first leg results: draw in Paris and Munich (1-1 or 2-2 in Paris, 1-1 in Munich), two goal win by Real Madrid (3-1) and goal draw in Málaga (1-1). Your picks?
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 pm

PSG vs Barcelona
Bayern vs Juventus
Real Madrid vs Galatasaray
Málaga vs Borussia Dotmund

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16