Tactically speaking did Gallas make Vermealen look better than he actually is?

+12
timzink
Lex
LeBĂ©ninois
The Franchise
Jay29
TalkingReckless
VanDeezNuts
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tactically speaking did Gallas make Vermealen look better than he actually is? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tactically speaking did Gallas make Vermealen look better than he actually is?

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Well they are stupid tbf. Only us can be arrogant or stupid enough to believe we can covert a centermid to not just a DM, but a CB.

I have no problem with us converting a player one space back, its quite common..but 2 spaces...its a chance. Not many have that sort of ability.

We needed a centerback, cant be taking chances someone might work out. I would rather spend money on a unknown ala Chgynskyi than taking chances like that.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tactically speaking did Gallas make Vermealen look better than he actually is? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tactically speaking did Gallas make Vermealen look better than he actually is?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 pm

CB tbf Gallas is old now but in his prime he was legit, one of the best CBs around at the time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:I wouldnt say brainless, but rash for sure lol

He plays like he is 20 years old, rushing out to win every 50-50.

But your right, this is the easiest point to look at and honestly, if it was solved it would give them half a chance to start with.

Captain? Yeah, he shouldnt be captain. But I do believe Wenger now no longer values the captain band. He doesnt have a PV4 or a Henry who are actually leaders.

So his rationale is, I may aswell give the armband to those who I dont want to leave, that responsibilty might guilt them into staying. Which is the only reason Cesc got it, only reason RVP got it too.

Verm I am sure fell under that when he gave the armband too, if not totally, then at least on some level.

This is absolutely true. In fact, Wenger offered it to Sagna before Verm and Sagna refused. Verm is a lame duck captain to begin with Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Vermaelen at first looks like a great leader and player but when you analize there is not much to be proud of.

Emmm its like CBarca's and Nick's posts..

Long posts with paragraphs but really nothing in it Very Happy
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm

rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2