Matri doesn’t fancy Bayern tie

Go down

Matri doesn’t fancy Bayern tie Empty Matri doesn’t fancy Bayern tie

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 am

Juventus’ Alessandro Matri says that he hopes to avoid Bayern Munich in the last eight of the Champions League should both sides progress.

The two clubs have one foot in the quarter-finals of the competition after impressive first leg away victories.

Juventus will play Celtic in Turin tonight 3-0 up from the first game, while the German giants beat Arsenal 3-1.

“Should we qualify then I’d like to avoid Bayern Munich,” he told the Corriere dello Sport. “A tie against Milan? I’d like to play them further forward in the tournament…”

Although conquering Europe is in the club’s plans, the former Cagliari man has admitted that is not the club’s prime objective this term.

“Reaching the Final at Wembley is the dream,” Matri added. “However, top of our list is to win the Scudetto again.”

Matri is set to again start for the Turin giants tonight after a campaign where he has struggled with competition for places.

“I feel like an important player. And I think it is better to be one of five attackers at Juventus than a regular starter at another club.”

Matri has six goals in 16 League games, as well as one in six Champions League ties.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down