For the "ref ruined the game" brigade(Nani's red card)

+30
Grooverider
B-Mac
Be/\/ceCALI
VanDeezNuts
Albiceleste
harhar11
daneq
BarrileteCosmico
guest7
stevieg8
Bellabong
izzy
buddytaller
spanky
Tomwin Lannister
The Franchise
VivaStPauli
FalcaoPunch
Eivindo
abetelle
ronalessi
S
LeSwagg James
Senor Penguin
Jack Daniels
Adrian0911
Mamad
Zealous
LeBéninois
Stormer77
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For the "ref ruined the game" brigade(Nani's red card) - Page 2 Empty Re: For the "ref ruined the game" brigade(Nani's red card)

Post by guest7 Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm

This reminds me...

Wasn't harhar11 one of those who believed that Pepe's red card was fair becouse it was dangerous play? hmm

I can only imagine the outrage if Ramos or Pepe was the one who kung fu kicked Nani. I can guarantee you that most people would have thought it was a fair red.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

For the "ref ruined the game" brigade(Nani's red card) - Page 2 Empty Re: For the "ref ruined the game" brigade(Nani's red card)

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:40 pm

abetelle wrote:It was sort of a karate kick to the head/upper body regardless of where he was looking. Kind of like the karate kick by De Jong? at the World Cup against the Spanish player. No card was given at the World Cup and everyone was up in arms.
The difference being intent, De Jong was trying to break Xabi's sternum whereas Nani was just trying to get the ball and didn't even look in Arbeloa's direction. While I understand the red, I think it was very harsh.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Can someone explain to me why it's such a big deal if he saw him or not? In the past few years we've seen numerous red cards get handed out when contact wasn't even made, simply because "the situation was dangerous." It doesn't get more dangerous than a high boot in the chest, regardless of intent or knowledge.
Because a yellow should have sufficed to make that point
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Can someone explain to me why it's such a big deal if he saw him or not? In the past few years we've seen numerous red cards get handed out when contact wasn't even made, simply because "the situation was dangerous." It doesn't get more dangerous than a high boot in the chest, regardless of intent or knowledge.
Because a yellow should have sufficed to make that point

I don't disagree with that, as I said in the part of the post you neglected to quote. I just don't think that makes it a catastrophic call. It could've been a yellow, it could've been a red. It went red. Everyone's acting like this is the worst call of all time when it was borderline and nowhere even close to some of the calls we've seen just this season.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm

It was a classic "orange", ffs!

The only travesty is the Madrid haters scrutinizing the call like the ref called a penalty in the wrong box or something...

daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Se7en wrote:This reminds me...

Wasn't harhar11 one of those who believed that Pepe's red card was fair becouse it was dangerous play? hmm

I can only imagine the outrage if Ramos or Pepe was the one who kung fu kicked Nani. I can guarantee you that most people would have thought it was a fair red.

Yes I was, but I also belive that he did in fact hit Alves for the simple fact that it is physically impossible to make a 360 in that situation without contact..

+ you can clearly see in Pepe's face that he had bad intentions..

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 pm

I understand the need to bring up other situations to back up your point but they really have no business in this discussion. Referees make calls individually not collectively or with other situations in mind, and in this case, regardless of the De Jong kick, or all those other irrelevant situations that were brought up, the referee made the wrong decision. The right decision was at worst a yellow card.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

literally the only people still whining about the nani red card are barca fans.

obsessed much?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

abetelle wrote:It was sort of a karate kick to the head/upper body regardless of where he was looking. Kind of like the karate kick by De Jong? at the World Cup against the Spanish player. No card was given at the World Cup and everyone was up in arms.

actually De Jong got a yellow card for that
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Cüneyt Çakır twitter account

@RefereeCuneyt

following 38 people

2 of these people

C.Ronaldo

Real Madrid

bias shady crap ref confirmed
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Zealous wrote:Manchester folded like paper after the red. I was actually surprised how quickly they gave up.

this Razz
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Cüneyt Çakır twitter account

@RefereeCuneyt

following 38 people

2 of these people

C.Ronaldo

Real Madrid

Seems legit
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Lex wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:Cüneyt Çakır twitter account

@RefereeCuneyt

following 38 people

2 of these people

C.Ronaldo

Real Madrid

Seems legit

Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:literally the only people still whining about the nani red card are barca fans.

obsessed much?

Surag wrote:Serdar Tatli believes his refereeing compatriot has all-but-blown his chances of presiding over the Wembley showpiece following his controversial call on Tuesday

A Turkish former referee has claimed that Cuneyt Cakir's hopes of refereeing in the Champions League final have been dashed in the wake of his decision to send off Nani in the second leg of the last-16 tie between Manchester United and Real Madrid.

The 36-year-old official has been accused by some in the media of making the wrong call after he chose to dismiss the Portuguese winger for what he saw as an excessive high boot on Blancos full-back Alvaro Arbeloa.

Speaking after Tuesday's match, Serdar Tatli - a former Uefa referee - expressed his regret that Cakir's actions at Old Trafford may well have cost his compatriot the opportunity of presiding over a European curtain-raiser this season.

"Nani is looking for the ball. By the time Alvaro Arbeloa arrives, the Portuguese [Nani] doesn't even see him," he told NTVSpor.

"The action is definitely not deliberate. As his intention was to only play the ball, it should have been a yellow at the most.

"I am proud as a Turk to see Cuneyt at this stage, but he lowered his chances of a European Cup final last night [on Tuesday]."

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:You shouldn't have to play with 10 men unless you deserved the red, this is flawed.

What I said to people I watched the game with last night is that it was an unfair Red, a bad decision. BUT, I've seen worse and it's not a completely baffling decision, just a shit one.

Yes, we are the only one who are saying that the ref was bad yesterday Laughing

and also, it has just been 1 day so ofc people will still be talking about it. I still hear ALOOOOOOT of Real Madrid fan whine about ovrebo after 4 years Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Se7en wrote:This reminds me...

Yes I was, but I also belive that he did in fact hit Alves for the simple fact that it is physically impossible to make a 360 in that situation without contact..

+ you can clearly see in Pepe's face that he had bad intentions..

This is stupidity of the highest order.
I'm sorry, I can not be the only person who found this explanation extremely stupid.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Didn't video replays prove Pepe didn't touch Alves?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Didn't video replays prove Pepe didn't touch Alves?

It apparently did...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 am

barca fans are giving me cancer.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 am

vanDEEZ wrote:barca fans are giving me cancer.

I think Crimson stopped coming around because Barca fans mindfked him into having a brain aneurism. RIP Crim
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:22 am

That's not at all the reason crim stopped coming Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 am

spanky wrote:love how milan fans are defending the red card decision so much considering their players *cough* flamini et co *cough* did similar things in recent history and got no booking or a yellow.

just one of many:

was at least 2x more severe than nani's, double standards?

Lol wut
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 am

Barca - Madrid stuff...really...
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum