rwo power
barca 2011
The Franchise
worms
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is the best team in the world?

Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]
Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 30

Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the best team in the world?

Post by Motogp69 Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 am

Bayern and it's not close... cheers

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who is the best team in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the best team in the world?

Post by 7amood11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:50 am

Still Barca imo. They're going through a bad few weeks, but a lot of people seem to forget that they're without Tito and that they had their best ever start to the season this year. So yeah, still Barca.

Also, I don't agree with adding Juventus in this poll. Juve are strong, possibly top 5, but strongest? Not a chance at the moment.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:16 am

7amood11 wrote:Still Barca imo. They're going through a bad few weeks, but a lot of people seem to forget that they're without Tito and that they had their best ever start to the season this year. So yeah, still Barca.

Also, I don't agree with adding Juventus in this poll. Juve are strong, possibly top 5, but strongest? Not a chance at the moment.

Agree. Without Roura there wouldn't be a thread. So unfortunate with Tito Sad
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:17 pm

worms wrote:I didn't put Man United on the list because I don't think they are realistic contenders for the best team in the world,.United got outplayed by Madrid just the other week,United didn't play a open game against them as they knew if they did they would have got humiliated by a superior team.

Just look at their midfield and compare it to the midfields of the four teams I included in the poll.It's just average isn't it?

1. Outplayed? How so? Madrid cant create against teams who defend deep and compact, so Utd did that...thats called being smart.

2. The names in their midfield is irrelevant, the whole adds up to alot more than the sum of their parts.

And open game? If anyone plays an open game with Barca they lose..so by that logic Barca are the best.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Just counting this season, what makes Barca better than Bayern?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Just counting this season, what makes Barca better than Bayern?

Nothing.

But using that same arguement, what makes anyone better than Juve?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Or better than Man Utd. Both Juventus and Man Utd are top 5 atm imo.

I think people are comparing based on previous seasons, which is alright. However in terms of this season, I think Bayern are probably the best team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 pm

I think its impossible to say these things, there is no way to know.

Also, does it even matter?

I think nearly every team would rather win than have a imaginary "best team in the world" tag.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:04 pm

If you really want to base your decision off this season, you should probably wait for it to finish before jumping to conclusions.

Football is a game of match ups and tactics, some teams might have another teams number and that leads me to believe that it is difficult to pinpoint the best team. I think this season that "title" is up for grabs, but I do not see any team that is a clear cut favorite - not to mention that we will not get to see all of these so called top teams go up against one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Being top of the league, having good stats, doing well in the CL, performing well etc are just a few factors that could determine who's the best team.

I think we're just discussing who's the best team at the moment. It can also be discussed at the end of the season.

In terms of 1v1 match ups between two top teams, well I don't think they determine who's better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Too many variables to account for in some of your examples. For instance, teams play in different leagues, so it is difficult to gauge who is going up against the "better" teams. Champions League comes down to "random" drawings and it is not always about who is the best team, but who has the "easiest" road to the finale. You have only mentioned a few factors and most of them would come down to opinion and how people choose to read into them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Very Happy Cool Juve Lacks a prolific goal scorer , add likes of Falcao to them and they be Number 1 , but that's not the case . Barcelona is way too slow for my liking if i put their game on fast forward it'll be amazing but that's not the case either . Real Madrid had such a bad season that is out of La liga race and on verge of getting out of CL. Bayern looks Solid but i liked B.Dortmond style of play much better
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:13 am

Bayern still the best team in the world? rofl
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2