Is it me or the quality of Music has decreased ?

+13
Lex
DeviAngel
Le Samourai
Eman
M99
Jack Daniels
McLewis
Die Borussen
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
RealGunner
CBarca
Lupi
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it me or the quality of Music has decreased ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it me or the quality of Music has decreased ?

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 am

Meh people exaggerate when they say the quality of music has decreased.. Music just keeps evolving and if its not what you're used to then you may consider it shit

I can barely listen to '90s hip hop now, unless its someone great like Jay-Z..

Pusha T, Cyhi The Prynce, ASAP Rocky, Fabolous.. Just some of the names I listen to these days and they're all great IMO

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is it me or the quality of Music has decreased ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it me or the quality of Music has decreased ?

Post by Lupi Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:15 am

@Lex wrote:The sooner everyone admits that they actually like Katy Perry's tunes, the better

I like Rihanna , some of her music is actually good IE stay in her new album or Love song
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 am

@Eman wrote:Well judging from what I've seen in the Music Room thread, I don't think I quite share some of your guys' taste in music all the time (bar Radiohead for CBarca), so that could also be a factor Razz

What type of music do you like? Are you trying to say that you cannot follow our blueprint and find quality "underground" music in said genre? Perhaps I am wrong, but I doubt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 pm

If you like Rock genre try looking for Three days grace, Skillet, breaking Benjamin songs.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:16 pm

@Pedram wrote:If you like Rock genre try looking for Three days grace, Skillet, breaking Benjamin songs.

That's a good band right there they've impressed me so much.

@Lex wrote:The sooner everyone admits that they actually like Katy Perry's tunes, the better

Shocked

P.S. I love BLINK 182 I wish still were like the old days ....

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:43 pm

THC 10 wrote:What type of music do you like? Are you trying to say that you cannot follow our blueprint and find quality "underground" music in said genre? Perhaps I am wrong, but I doubt...
I just haven't had much success when I've tried. Whenever I go into forums and look up suggestions that people have, I rarely have the success I hope for. Maybe I'm looking too much for bands that imitate the bands I currently like or not defining genres properly, but idk.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 pm

What type of music do you like, Eman?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Basically most forms of rock, some heavier stuff but not too heavy (as in not anything where you can barely/not tell what they are saying), and the occasional song from other genres. I also dislike almost anything where the singer sounds like a whiny little bitch - kind of like Tom DeLonge when he sings, although I use him since the nostalgia of his songs make him somewhat tolerable Laughing. I also can't stand it when the singer sounds like Chad Kroeger. My favourite bands are Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Clash, Oasis, Sublime, and The Smashing Pumpkins. Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Sam Roberts and Jack Johnson, although I first got interested in music from bands like Iron Maiden tbh.

The funny thing is that most of the time when I tell people those specifications, they point me towards random indy bands that maybe have a song or two that I like but not many (ex. The Strokes), or bands like Rise Against which are okay but don't really wow me to the point where any of their songs get caught in my head. Occasionally I find some good songs from bands, but I don't often find new bands that I like all the material of.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Hmm see I was afraid (but also knew) you would say you like that kind of stuff because that's the music I can't really help you with at all. Not really my style. Although if you haven't checked out Thrice before, do so. They're fairly well known though so I'd be surprised if you've never heard of them.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:29 pm

@Eman wrote:Basically most forms of rock, some heavier stuff but not too heavy (as in not anything where you can barely/not tell what they are saying), and the occasional song from other genres. I also dislike almost anything where the singer sounds like a whiny little bitch - kind of like Tom DeLonge when he sings, although I use him since the nostalgia of his songs make him somewhat tolerable Laughing. I also can't stand it when the singer sounds like Chad Kroeger. My favourite bands are Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Clash, Oasis, Sublime, and The Smashing Pumpkins. Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Sam Roberts and Jack Johnson, although I first got interested in music from bands like Iron Maiden tbh.

The funny thing is that most of the time when I tell people those specifications, they point me towards random indy bands that maybe have a song or two that I like but not many (ex. The Strokes), or bands like Rise Against which are okay but don't really wow me to the point where any of their songs get caught in my head. Occasionally I find some good songs from bands, but I don't often find new bands that I like all the material of.

The Cure, Finch, Box car Racer (Delonge side-project), Angels & Airwaves (Delonge's most recent band), Glassjaw, At the Drive-in, Mars Volta, Sparta, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Further Seems Forever, Dashboard Confessional, A perfect Circle, Placebo, AFI, Panic! at the Disco, Papa Roach. Check out these bands, you'll probably like at least one of them. There's plenty of whiny voices on this list Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 pm

I said that I don't like whiny voices, Thimmy, except Tom DeLonge is somewhat tolerable purely because of the blink-182 nostalgia of when I was younger, but I'm not a big fan of the material those guys have made when they've been split up. I have only not heard songs from two of those bands you listed, and I would not classify any of the others as bands that I like Razz
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 pm

A Perfect Circle is quite a good band tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 pm

@Eman wrote:I said that I don't like whiny voices, Thimmy, except Tom DeLonge is somewhat tolerable purely because of the blink-182 nostalgia of when I was younger, but I'm not a big fan of the material those guys have made when they've been split up. I have only not heard songs from two of those bands you listed, and I would not classify any of the others as bands that I like Razz

Probably because most of them have vocalists with whiny voices Razz Sorry, I just skimmed through your post while at work, and evidently I didn't get the context right!

Cbarca: A perfect Circle is an awesome band cheers

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2