Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:18 am

Then I apologize. Carry on.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Varane appreciation thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Varane appreciation thread

Post by Albiceleste Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:22 am

Should have been sent off... I hope he starts in the return leg and in the next two clasicos. Dem mistakes :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 am

I didn't get to see the game but that foul is a clear free kick and a red.

It was a professional foul from Varane and if the ref gave it a foul then Varane probably wouldn't have complained cause he knew what he was doing ffs.

He was beaten and he took him down to prevent the goal. Red card and a free kick. Nothing more to it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:27 am

The hate and trolling by Barcelona fans and other Real Madrid haters on this thread is just funny, send him off for winning the ball clearly off Evra, get a life!

He had a magnificent game, you should be praising him, he's the best teenage centreback I've ever seen, Barca fans butthurt he kept Fabregas and Messi in his pocket and scored a vital goal against them rofl
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 am

Varane took a gamble and it has worked, if he didn't and we conceded we would be all accusing him of not trying to stop Evra. he knew what he was doing.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 am

The Franchise wrote:The same challange as Jones...are you serious?

Jones and Di Maria went body to body when Di Maria tried to go past him, Di Maria lost, fell down and legs made contact.

Evra was out in front of Varane, already had control over the ball and Varane tripped him.

How are they the same?

You can't possibly be that blind with your Madrid hatred, not to see that Jones clearly extended his arm and pushed Di Maria a little. I'm not saying it was a clear pen, but like my main man Zeal said they've been given before.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 am

Did he trip him intentionally? I saw the replay and I saw evra fall and they clipped legs and I was worried the ref was going to call it.

Just like when I thought the ref was going to call the extended arm shove from Jones on Di Maria in box.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 am

buddytaller wrote:The hate and trolling by Barcelona fans and other Real Madrid haters on this thread is just funny, send him off for winning the ball clearly off Evra, get a life!

He had a magnificent game, you should be praising him, he's the best teenage centreback I've ever seen, Barca fans butthurt he kept Fabregas and Messi in his pocket and scored a vital goal against them rofl

wat? I have praised him, i felt he was pretty faultless apart from the evra incident.

All i said was he should have been sent for clipping evra when hes thru on goal... Its a clear as day red card.

If a madrid player was thru in similar situation and ferdinand clipped him u would all be complaining...

That aside he had a gd game but its a clear as day red end of.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 am

He won the ball first and there was a bit of a coming together after that, even if a foul had been called, he had not denied a clear goalscoring opportunity as Ramos was covering him, therefore a red card was out of the question.

Jones on the other hand was lucky to be on the pitch, besides fouling on Di Maria in the box, he kept shoving people and kept getting away with it, he could have been booked at least four times in the game.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
buddytaller wrote:The hate and trolling by Barcelona fans and other Real Madrid haters on this thread is just funny, send him off for winning the ball clearly off Evra, get a life!

wat? I have praised him, i felt he was pretty faultless apart from the evra incident.

All i said was he should have been sent for clipping evra when hes thru on goal... Its a clear as day red card.

If a madrid player was thru in similar situation and ferdinand clipped him u would all be complaining...

That aside he had a gd game but its a clear as day red end of.

Are you still talking about the incident that wasn't even considered a foul by the ref. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:00 am

Ramos was not covering him Laughing

Ramos only got there after a foul was made hes never getting there?

And won the ball? rofl

Messiah the ref was crap all game so i dno wat ur on about....and why that has any relevance at all...

Fact is if the rolls were reversed and ferdinand did the same to coentrao u would all be bitching about it claiming fergie paid the refs off...

Bunch of hypocrites...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 am

Thugdrid fans wanting a non contact sport now, the irony is through the roof

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 am

varane had a great game. not a red imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:49 am

Varane had a good game but should have been sent off. Clear contact with arms, hands and feet. Last man. Freekick. Red Card. Ref was blind. As usual. :faceplam:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 am

i honestly didnt think the ref was that bad. at least i wasnt thinking it while watching.

the only decision that stood out was not letting united take the corner at the end. that was just stupid imo. i didnt catch where that ref was from he looked familiar so hes been a CL ref for awhile i just dont know from what league.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 am

keep in mind i was watching without volume because i was with my family so i wasnt listening to people comment on every challenge/decision.

im watching highlights/analysis now so maybe my opinion will change but i think the refs done his job when i dont notice anything. and like i said the only thing i noticed was the no corner at the end.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am

Should have been sent off... I hope he starts in the return leg and in the next two clasicos. Dem mistakes :bow:

What mistakes?

Evra could've scored a goal. so Varane did the best thing. Fouling him in the way ref didn't see or it was hard to see. he didn't one of them Ramos/Pepe stupid obvious fouls.

Varane :bow: .

joking aside, if he plays with first 11 he will be better defender than both Pepe and Ramos in 1-2 year. he already makes way less mistakes than the two. but there are some things he can improve. he should be more aggressive ( in a good way ) .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:02 am

He did not trip Evra, at least I did not see it that way. I think they collided for a bit and Evra went down even though he could have stayed up. I laugh at those blind people who claim Varane "won" the ball. You blind people should go get some glasses because your bias is hilariously obvious.

I don't think it was a foul because Evra could and should have stayed up. But I don't think there is any way in hell anyone could see that as Varane "winning" the ball without being a biased fool.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 am

Oh, come on, Evra didn't dive. He couldn't stay up, and even if he did, Varanes push and trip would make him lose momentum. Thus being a clear foul. In the midle of the pitch, that foul would always be called. The ref shat his pants, that's all.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 am

free_cat wrote:Oh, come on, Evra didn't dive. He couldn't stay up, and even if he did, Varanes push and trip would make him lose momentum. Thus being a clear foul. In the midle of the pitch, that foul would always be called. The ref shat his pants, that's all.

If it was another ref it would probably have been called. He did not call similar incidents all game IMO. He is a Bundesliga ref, and frankly this is majorly their standard. I don't think it was an intentional trip though, I don't think Varane lacks so much intelligence as to trip Evra of all people, maybe if it was Van Persie hmm
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
free_cat wrote:Oh, come on, Evra didn't dive. He couldn't stay up, and even if he did, Varanes push and trip would make him lose momentum. Thus being a clear foul. In the midle of the pitch, that foul would always be called. The ref shat his pants, that's all.

If it was another ref it would probably have been called. He did not call similar incidents all game IMO. He is a Bundesliga ref, and frankly this is majorly their standard. I don't think it was an intentional trip though, I don't think Varane lacks so much intelligence as to trip Evra of all people, maybe if it was Van Persie hmm

Intention doesn't matter when fouling. Check the rules. Intention only counts with agressions and handballs. I've been sent off for unintentionally tripping someone.

Also, Varane uses his hands and arms on Evra, so if the trips is not intentional,his push is (though I agree the push itself wouldn't be enough challenge to whistle a foul, but combined with the trip definitely is).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

According to your logic, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a Real Madrid hater or Barca fan :bow: (I can tell you, none of them).

You could accuse Evra of diving (he wasn't though) but saying Varane got the ball? Seriously.. If Varane didn't clip his legs it would have been a clear one on one with the keeper as Evra had the advantage.
So stop that bullshit, you are just damn biased.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

i have to say when i watched it live i didnt notice anything (again i didnt have sound so i didnt hear commentary on the issue)

but now that i have looked it up on multiple occasions my opinion is that the video is inconclusive, the angle is terrible- you cannot tell either way imo, it does kinda look like a bit of a trip but its too inconclusive imo because its so far away and its not shot from the other side.

i would like to see a video from the other side but i havent been able to find it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:50 pm

dronte wrote:

According to your logic, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a Real Madrid hater or Barca fan :bow: (I can tell you, none of them).

You could accuse Evra of diving (he wasn't though) but saying Varane got the ball? Seriously.. If Varane didn't clip his legs it would have been a clear one on one with the keeper as Evra had the advantage.
So stop that bullshit, you are just damn biased.

he touches the ball

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Why would the ball even move a bit forward if Varane didn't touch it. Varane got the ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 pm

You lot are terrible.

Touching the ball doesnt mean its not a foul.

Anyone who saw the replay saw he put Evra on the floor and got a minor touch on the ball.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next