Ganso
Red Alert
mr-r34
Art Morte
Don't call me James
31 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 9 Empty Re: Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10

Post by Don't call me James Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Going by the 3 preseason games, his shooting is still as shit as always Laughing But he's so good ffs Proud

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 9 Empty Re: Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10

Post by Don't call me James Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 am

New contract talks starting :bow:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-bumper-new-liverpool-3991615
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:04 am

A radio interview Coutinho is doing with a Brasilian radio station:

Q: Last time you were on this show you were in Milan, you mentioned homesickness...

Coutinho: Liverpool is home. I like a quiet life.

Presenter interrupts: Not your comrades, then?

Coutinho: I am no one to comment. I can only speak for myself. Family and Football is all.

Q: Tell me of life at 'home' in Inglaterra (England).

Coutinho:  It's a haven. Fans are kind. I have good friends here. My family is happy...

Coutinho: ...My family is tight. We sit together after every game and see my videos, they often notice things I miss - they help me to improve.

Bellos: Speaking of improvement, I see you're not that mild-mannered boy on the pitch anymore?

Coutinho: I owe thanks to Brendaõ for that.

Coutinho: After Wigan away, where I didn't stop fighting - Brendan called me to office and told me he's sure I can be a 'volanté', a no. 8.

Bellos (interrupts): But, that isn't your natural game?

Coutinho: A number 8 role? Why not? I'm only a boy. Brendan showed me I can learn...

Coutinho: ...Brendaõ said before Everton at Anfield, "do you have the fire?" Before Arsenal he told me to not give them peace. I gave no peace.

Bellos: Your build, is it suited?

Coutinho: It will be. I'm working closely with mi amigo Pedro Philippou (trainer) and (Ryland) Morgans....

Coutinho: ...I look at my teammates too. I work with Joe (Allen) sometimes to see how he uses his body to protect the ball. He's amazing at it.

Bellos: What about theory?

Coutinho: DVDs. Brendaõ has given me DVDs of Valderrama, Valeron, Rui Costa, Francescoli to study for holidays.

Bellos (laughs): No Brazilian to study on your DVDs roster?

Coutinho: No. I've been doing that since I was 9. My uncle's VCR was my Bible.

Presenter (interrupts): Exclusion from Seleção? How..

Coutinho: Anger. Not because I'm selfish, but because I could have offered something.

Bellos: What now?

Coutinho: I'm going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training...

Coutinho: ...At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them stronger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love this guy so much  cheers cheers
Brendaõ :bow:
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Cou  Proud 
Brendaõ Proud
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Just be a bit more angry about your shooting and finishing, and you stand to be another legend at Liverpool and Brazil.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:39 pm

He sounds like he's got a fantastic attitude Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:07 am

Given today's performances and how amazing he's been during this preseason he's definitely molding the clay with fire Thumbs up
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:31 pm

That first assist to DS was unreal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Coutinho mah boy :bow: he may be the player with most assist in this season hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Brendan: He's just magical to watch
10th Aug 2014 - Latest News

Brendan Rodgers was as enthralled as Liverpool supporters by Philippe Coutinho's enchanting display in the 4-0 friendly triumph over Borussia Dortmund.

Anfield was full of appreciation on Sunday as the Brazilian playmaker promoted his range of passing and skill against the German giants, who found it impossible to contain him.

Coutinho provided a fantastic flick for Daniel Sturridge's opening goal, before getting on the scoresheet himself with a fine finish for the Reds' third. He was also the brains in the build-up to Liverpool's breathtaking fourth, which was converted by Jordan Henderson.

The 22-year-old received a standing ovation from the capacity crowd when he was replaced, with Rodgers equally appreciative of Coutinho's creative archive.

"He's so gifted as a player," enthused the manager in his post-match press conference.

"He's just magical. His ability to get out of tight situations and his view of the game is incredible.

"And that's his best position - playing between the lines, he doesn't get marked. He drops to the back of midfield, he draws defenders out, and the weight of his passes is phenomenal.

"He was outstanding, and what he's added to his game is that relentless pressing. He's very strong under pressure on the ball, and puts pressure on the opposition when he's not on the ball."

Rodgers is confident Coutinho will increase his catalogue of brilliance in the Champions League and on an international level.

"He's come into this country and league, and lit it up with his quality. It's now about doing that on the big stage - the Champions League, and he's got the chance to go and do that," added the Reds boss.

"I think that even at that level, he will show what great qualities he has. I really see him over the next four or five years, being a big force in world football, both for Brazil and Liverpool.

"He's an incredible operator, just magical to watch and he's the kind of player that supporters come to see. We're very glad to have him."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 am

FINALLY after 1.5 years of GOATNESSS with us he's been called up for Brazil.

I'm so happy for him. Deserves it more than anyone else.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 am

Happy for him, just hoping he'll remain uninjured.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:20 am

What do you guys think about this article?

Brendan Rodgers is playing Coutinho in the wrong position

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/brendan-rodgers-playing-coutinho-wrong-position
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:10 am

@RealGunner wrote:What do you guys think about this article?

Brendan Rodgers is playing Coutinho in the wrong position

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/brendan-rodgers-playing-coutinho-wrong-position

Lately he's been playing Gerrard at CAM and Henderson out wide-ish (against Basel), so where Coutinho plays is the least of our worries.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Coutinho is definitely better in CM rather than further forward, but on the other hand I totally agree that he can do a job deeper down, too. Like the article pointed out, he has performed very well in our midfield trio and tracked back and defended well.

Furthermore, I am personally of the opinion that we need a ball-carrier in our midfield trio (when playing with three midfielders) (and when playing as badly as we've been this season). Henderson and Allen - who have occupied those two CM positions the most - cannot take the ball and dribble with it. Cannot really keep it under pressure. That leaves a bit too much to do for our wingers, especially when we have immobile Balotelli or Lambert up front.

But anyway, I think Coutinho can be an excellent player in CM, CAM or out wide, but us being in a mess, it's difficult to tell who should play exactly where.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:47 am

well the fact is he is struggling because the team has absolutely no movement...just imagine Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge constantly making runs in the last season to no runs in this season (well almost). So that is affecting his game massively imo. BR had himself said in the last season, that is he is almost 8 but with lot of qualities from 10.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 pm

What's your opinion on this guy/kid!!!

I think he has stalled or having some mental problem (ego!!!). In all the recent games, he choose to shoot when he had players at better positions. And his shooting can at best be called speculative.

Either he improves his shooting (which he hasn't since he came to Liverpool) or use his eyes (and brains) to locate players with spaces.

I like this guy. He is definitely talented. But he hasn't improved (much) in two years with Liverpool.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Nah, I think he has improved. He's really looking to grasp the game, always looking to get forward and create something when he's on the ball. He looks almost possessed by some spirit when he gets the ball and just starts driving forward no matter what.

Yeah, his shooting can be frustrating at times. And what's with shooting it always on the ground? But I don't think he's taking too many shots, you've got to try.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Well he has improved but he is inconsistent, he is best suited to a role what he is playing right now (that is a doing a bit of everything, this current role is better than a wide position in 4-3-3). Well i would really say, in final third Lallana is better than Coutinho but Coutinho is a mixed kind of player, can Play a pass in final third but better in building and starting the attack

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:42 am

Coutinho played his best game of the season yesterday. He was everywhere making nice tackles, building up the play, had some really nice offensive ideas and always trying to push forward. His pass along the side to Sterling in the second half was beautiful. His goal was a really nice finish; I just wish that he could actually make good on his chances more often instead of mucking the shot. If he can get his shooting technique on point he will be WC.

Love this guy. <3

Last edited by El Cujo on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:02 am

As long as he isn't getting his shooting technique right, he should, at least, try passing the ball to others Thumbs up bounce .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:13 am

@iftikhar wrote:As long as he isn't getting his shooting technique right, he should, at least, try passing the ball to others Thumbs up bounce .

When he was taking shots he should have been taking shots. They were good opportunities he just scuffed them and that happens. Nothing to get upset about he's making the right plays -- he had plenty of nice passes yesterday.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:24 am

He hits a few horny shots here and there, I don't kow why you're complaining. When he sets his foot right, he can hit real screamers. I can't blame him for trying.
Remember the goal vs City? When he hit woodwork vs Real Madrid? That's what I'm talking about.
He's been one of the positive players this season, impressed with him, he always tries to move the ball forward and create something. Thumbs up
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 am

Hes all round game has def improved, it just looks like hes stagnated this season because there's no absolutely no movement in the final third. With that said he still can't shoot. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:10 pm

When he was taking shots he should have been taking shots.

He hits a few horny shots here and there, I don't kow why you're complaining.

How many of his shots have been on target this season Shocked Suspect hmm scratch :coffee: :facepalm: :brickwall: !!!

Either he works on his shooting or he should find out players in space.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:26 am

Meh I don't see the shooting criticism as justified. He doesn't shoot so many hopeless shots as last season and he's scored 2 very beautiful goals this season.

The shots he scuffed against Arsenal were shots everyone should have taken. He messed 'em up but it doesn't matter if Lovren in that position, you would hope that he would attempt the shot.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:39 am

Someone please tell me we got another three years in his contract Molenation Proud cheers :wub:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum