Ganso
Red Alert
mr-r34
Art Morte
McAgger
31 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think it was lucas right of the Cou to provide an option for him to pass. But later he realised what Cou is upto and stopped running :lol:please get another CAM and we are done for the window OR may be a full back.
Also I think Cou is getting nervous with his long range shots and trying too hard sometimes, i hope one of them soon goes to make him feel relaxed
yes yes this because he has the " obsession goal"  after the last missed chances ...
he must get better about the finishing , in this he is still bad

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

although he had every right to shoot after making that run, probably a cool and composed head would have preferred to mange somehow to pass it to Gerrard

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Coutinho with more confidence wouldn't have actually shot the way he did right there. You could see the last defender sliding to try to block his shot even before he pulls the trigger. A more confident Coutinho would've just faked and let him slide in front of him and then probably squared it Suarez or Gerrard to tap in.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 am

Best game of the season so far. What a performance. His utilizing of space between the lines and passing was a joy to watch. But above all his pressing today was something else. :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 am

Oh and also 'Dat Ass'ist Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Proud

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 pm

I knew it was too good to be true, that deflection goal Sad
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Philippe Coutinho making big difference to Liverpool's double thrust
Brazilian playmaker is only 5ft 7in but he is making his presence felt as Liverpool go for league and FA Cup glory

According to statisticians, Philippe Coutinho has attempted 44 through-balls this season, more than any other player in Europe's top five leagues. That is not to say all his passes reach their target or result in goals. Statistics can be deceptive like that. But Arsenal know to their cost that some of them do.

Liverpool's Brazilian playmaker looked the real deal in the 5-1 mauling of the then league leaders last week – Brendan Rodgers described him as the key to the whole performance – and, if Luiz Felipe Scolari is so well blessed with midfield quality that he can continue to overlook the 21-year-old in his pre-World Cup Brazil squads, then it might be a shrewd move to put some early money on a home win in this summer's tournament.

Arsenal will be hoping not to go a goal down inside a minute when the two sides meet again in the FA Cup on Sunday afternoon but they will also be terrified of leaving space behind their back line for Coutinho to exploit.

Liverpool have a front line of pace and finishing ability in Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suárez, and Coutinho is becoming expert at picking up their runs now that he has moved into what Rodgers refers to as a No8 position, rather than a No10. "We are currently playing with two attacking players in midfield and one holder," Rodgers explained. "We've got the best passer in the league in Steven Gerrard, a technician in Philippe, who can thread and ping it through with his passing, and a runner [Jordan Henderson] who can penetrate and run without the ball. So the balance is good. It is very important to our style to dominate the central midfield and Stevie and Philippe have taken us to an incredible performance level."

Considering the sums of money that recently changed hands for Juan Mata and Mesut Özil it seems hard to believe that Liverpool prized the Brazilian from Internazionale's grasp for a mere £8.5m. "He was a snip, we just had to have him," Rodgers said. "He's an absolutely wonderful talent. There are very few players at this level that penetrate with a pass, that play right through a team, but Philippe is the sort of player who puts opponents on the back foot all the time.

"He doesn't always get there but we like him to keep looking. He's only young, he's got plenty of time. I think his age might have worked against him in Italy, where they notoriously don't play young players. Inter signed him then kept him at Vasco da Gama for two years until he was 18. When I saw him he was playing alongside Wesley Sneijder and he looked top-class but he couldn't get a regular game. Then Inter had to move some players because of finance. I had inquired about him a few times and when we got the shout that they might be prepared to do business we did everything we could to get him in."

Only 5ft 7in and slightly built, Coutinho showed in his tussle with Jack Wilshere last week that he is not pushed off the ball easily and has the requisite aggression for the English game. "You could see that wee bit of steel he's got to his game," Rodgers said. "Irrespective of his height he has the physical strength to press with intensity and, if you speak to him, he will tell you he has really worked on his defensive qualities too."

Coutinho certainly will. He quickly realised he had to be more of a team player than an attacking luxury and managed to change . "Rafa Benítez helped me quite a lot with that when I was still at Inter," Coutinho said. "In Brazil, if you play where I do, you are not expected to track back or defend in any way. You are an attacker and that's it. Only technically are you part of a team. I have to say I prefer the European style now.

"You move faster, think more quickly and are involved more. I felt comfortable at Liverpool straight away, the team has been playing with a great amount of freedom in attack and perhaps that is why I was able to adapt to English football quite quickly."

Coutinho's idol is Ronaldinho, scourge of England in the 2002 World Cup, but to Rodgers' mind he most resembles another skilled technician who made light of a diminutive frame. "When I worked at Chelsea I had the privilege of watching Deco at close quarters," Rodgers said. "He was a bit older perhaps, but what a talent. All I need tell you is that he got a round of applause after his first training session. I can still remember that, because it was just pure quality, and that is what Philippe has. That's the profile. He's a little street footballer with wonderful vision. The type of player that can make the difference.

"Top players always like to know there are other top players around them and you could tell after a few training sessions that Philippe belongs in that category. Steven Gerrard probably never knew a great deal about him beforehand but straightaway I could tell he was impressed and you can see the trust they now have on the pitch.

"Stevie knows he can lend Philippe the ball and Philippe knows he has that security and solidity behind him. I've taken a bit of stick since I've been here over my vision of where I want the club to be but the game against Arsenal was beautiful for a coach to watch. You could see the evolution; it made me very proud. Everyone looked at Arsenal and said they weren't very good but we were brilliant. Those games don't come around very often and I am not expecting the same in the Cup. We want to win all right but this time I'll settle for one-nil."
good read :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks for sharing, yeah Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 8 CJnUcd7
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:17 pm

I saw some people comparing Coutinho to Ozil in another topic and I thought I might post this here. Eye test and bias aside:

According to 'Who Scored' Philippe Coutinho is better than Mesut Ozil, or at least has played better this season so far.

It gets worse if you look at his performances against the other 'big clubs':

Mesut Ozil

7.13 Liverpool
6.23 Manchester United
6.52 Manchester City
6.39 Chelsea
4.27 Liverpool
7.94 Manchester United

Average rating of 6.41.

Philippe Coutinho

6.77 Manchester United
7.37 Arsenal
7.07 Machester City
6.64 Chelsea
9.06 Arsenal

Average rating of 7.38.

I won't even touch Ozil's european performances. When you factor in that Coutinho is 4 years younger.....
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Özil is more experienced and probably has a better judgement of situations, meaning that Coutinho tries a number of passes / dribbles in a game that never look like coming off. However, some of Coutinho's passes are absolutely sublime and put our player in as good a scoring opportunity as Özil's passes would.

Moreover, Coutinho's dribbling is better. Awareness is quite 50-50, perhaps Özil has better. However, Coutinho has embraced defensive duties really well lately whereas Özil is just always looking lazy and 80% when he is defending.

All things considered, I wouldn't swap Coutinho for Özil.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:22 pm

i think Özil will do very well in our team considering he will have suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in front of him Proud even then i wont exchange Coutinho for anyone, he is going to be WC with more experience and will be more complete player than Özil probably. But as of now Özil still>>GOATinho

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:i think Özil will do very well in our team considering he will have suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in front of him :proud:even then i wont exchange Coutinho for anyone, he is going to be WC with more experience and will be more complete player than Özil  probably. But as of now Özil still>>GOATinho

Coutinho is working much harder than Özil ever would where he has those three forwards up above him. I find it really hard to imagine Özil doing what is required off the ball behind SASAS.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Since his move to the center of the pitch. Coutinho is averaging 4.8 tackles a game. That accounts for the third best average in Europe's top 5 league. Higher than Vidal, Busquets, Javi Martinez, De Rossi, and what have you.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Mourinho will fap to such a midfielder Laughing luckily he is ours eco smile

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:00 pm

yes in last matches Rodgers is shaping him also as midfielder ..  interesting experiment to be fair
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:25 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155701-coutinho-angry-no-trying-to-improve

Interesting article to come out now in light of this discussion haha. Coutinho is pure talent.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 pm

McAgger wrote:Since his move to the center of the pitch. Coutinho is averaging 4.8 tackles a game. That accounts for the third best average in Europe's top 5 league. Higher than Vidal, Busquets, Javi Martinez, De Rossi, and what have you.
Coutinho. :bow: Gonna become an indispensable part of our team in a couple of years.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:55 am

Everywhere you look at Liverpool games these days there’s a banner saying ‘Make Us Dream’ in reference to a first league title in 24 years that is inching ever nearer.

There’s a similar sentiment on show, but you’s have to look a little closer to read it. Philippe Coutinho’s left forearm bears the inscription: ‘Never Stop Dreaming’.

‘There’s a famous saying in my country, “O Brasileiro Nao Desiste Nunca”, which means Brazilians never give up,’ said the Liverpool midfielder.

‘It is a sentence I like and a view I take for life. But it fits with Liverpool and the current situation we are in so that makes it even better.

‘I started having the tattoo done at the beginning of the season and it was finished bit by bit. As players, we need to keep dreaming if we want to reach the objectives we have in mind.

‘The players know how important these remaining games are, and we will fight and do our best on the pitch to make winning the League happen.

‘It is a very special moment, with Liverpool going for the title and my country staging the World Cup. Don’t forget the saying “Brazilians never lose hope” — I still hope to play for Brazil at the World Cup. This could be a very special two months.’

While the first part of this double will be a near-certainty if Liverpool beat Chelsea at Anfield tomorrow, the second is looking less sure.

Remarkably, one of the Barclays Premier League’s most naturally gifted players has just one Brazil cap — a friendly against Iran four years ago — and has been consistently overlooked by coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

There was little sign of Scolari’s stance changing when he gave a lecture to Sao Paulo University students on Thursday and told them David Luiz, Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Paulinho, Thiago Silva, Fred and Julio Cesar could all count on places in his squad.

He claimed he had already decided on ‘95-99 per cent’ of his final selection and added, ominously for outsiders like Coutinho, that there would be ‘no surprises’.

If a sense of injustice at his likely World Cup snub spreads from the Kop to the Copacabana there is little chance of 21-year-old Coutinho being consumed by resentment.

His Christian faith keeps him strong at all times, and he insists he has a lot to be thankful for, after his friend’s gran opened his parents’ eyes to the innate talent that has lit up English football this season. Coutinho’s liking for football went largely unnoticed at the family home on the northern outskirts of Rio de Janeiro. His architect dad, Jose Carlos, expected son No 3 would follow the same scholarly path as his siblings who became lawyers.

But it was a lady called Dona Didi who recognised that her six-year-old grandson’s best pal had something special with a ball at his feet.

After watching one game on the futsal (five-a-side) court at the back of her apartment block in Rocha, in northern Rio, she accompanied Philippe back to his parents’ home and told them he was cut out for an altogether different career than brothers Leandro and Cristiano.

Acting on her advice, Jose Carlos and his wife Esmeraldinha enrolled him at the local Clube dos Sargentos futsal school, where he broke a series of goal records before joining the larger Mangueira club. There, despite being the youngest in the team, he won the Rio de Janeiro Futsal League and was their leading marksman.
Aged eight he moved on to Vasco da Gama, where a few years later he shot to national prominence by helping the club lift the Brazilian FA Under 17 Cup for the first time. Spotted by Inter Milan when he was 16, he stayed on loan with his Brazilian club until he was 18.

There have been some inspired signings at Anfield lately, not least Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, but the £8.5million Liverpool paid Inter Milan 15 months ago for Coutinho looks unbeatable value for money after his impact in an advanced midfield role.

His dramatic late winner against Manchester City a fortnight ago, which left Liverpool on the brink of the title, was further evidence of his vital role in Brendan Rodgers’ side.

And Coutinho is fully aware that his upbringing in Brazil was fundamental to his development.

‘I was only six but by playing on tight futsal courts in Rio I was able to develop the technical ability that has made me the player I am today,’ explained Coutinho, who could speak no English when he arrived from Italy.

‘It is a small area, so you have to be highly technical. This is where I learned my skills and I will always be grateful for that.

‘It meant when I progressed to a proper full-sized football pitch at Vasco at the age of 11, I felt comfortable on the ball and confident about trying to go past defenders and make things happen.

‘But moving to Europe has added an extra dimension to my game. At Inter, Rafa Benitez changed my mentality. He made me more of a team player and encouraged me to move the ball more quickly and get more involved. Now, with Liverpool, I am moving faster still and thinking even more quickly. It just felt right for me here from the outset.

‘The team have been playing with a great deal of freedom in attack and that has helped me adapt so easily. It also helped to move into Fabio Aurelio’s old house, opposite Sefton Park, with my wife Aine, my brothers and our two dogs, Will and Mell.

‘I have visited the docks a few times and been to one or two restaurants, but I’m not a nightclub-goer and I don’t drink alcohol. I pursue happiness through other avenues, like having God in my life.’

But the virtuous Coutinho also has a mischievous streak. He marked his first training session at Inter by nutmegging Marco Materazzi and leaving the giant former Everton defender flat on his back.

‘When I got back into the dressing room, the masseur said he would buy me snacks for the rest of the week if I did it again,’ he recalled.

‘Materazzi told me he would put me in hospital. He wasn’t impressed.’

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 8 C10

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Needs to bring the curly afro back bounce
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Is he going to be a starter next season?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 pm

He's like Kevin De Bruyne, Lots of potential but has to start every week, I see him leaving us next season if we dont give him at least 35 games which i doubt.

Lallana and Sterling and maybe another AM could be ahead in the pecking order.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Casciavit wrote:Is he going to be a starter next season?

yes, I think he's definitely going to be a starter. Specially since Suarez is out for 25% of the season. He's our main creative spark after Luis so benching him just when Suarez is out would be pretty stupid. Probably will rotate with Lallana and Sterling though since we're playing in 4 comps.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Nishy wrote:He's like Kevin De Bruyne, Lots of potential but has to start every week, I see him leaving us next season if we dont give him at least 35 games which i doubt.

Lallana and Sterling and maybe another AM could be ahead in the pecking order.

where is ur home, babaa!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:38 am

Going by the 3 preseason games, his shooting is still as shit as always Laughing But he's so good ffs Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next