Ganso
Red Alert
mr-r34
Art Morte
McAgger
31 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10

Post by vegfootball Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:52 pm

McAgger wrote:Great video of Coutinho's PreSeason. What a gem Proud

Claude Makélélé change how defensive midfielder are look at

imo Andrés Iniesta change how wide midfielder

Andres Iniesta ● The Dribbling Magician

do you think Coutinho can be as good ?

vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 am

I think people are expecting too much of him, to be honest.

Yes he's good. Yes he's one of the better younger players in the league, arguably the world. But he's 21. Let him develop properly instead of declaring him as an Iniesta / Liverpool's saviour to bring home the 19th.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:10 am

something-red wrote:I think people are expecting too much of him, to be honest.

Yes he's good. Yes he's one of the better younger players in the league, arguably the world. But he's 21. Let him develop properly instead of declaring him as an Iniesta / Liverpool's saviour to bring home the 19th.
Steve McManaman & Robbie Fowler at 18 old carry the club in eary 90s

as for Iniesta I was that Iniesta change how wingers play & i was say could Coutinho in his career reach that level
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:41 am

Philippe 'Il Principe Salvatore' Coutinho Carreira #10 - Page 6 800984379

Lucas saved Nzonzi there just by a second there!!! Twisted Evil 

GO LITTLE PHIL!!!!! GO YOU!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 am

Great to see Lucas get in there. Agger is running in there too.

From 08/09 to around now*, our team has been soft and bottled out of putting up a fight / defending themselves. There's definitely some more team unity and players are actually fighting for the shirt. It's great to see, but it is only one game. Hopefully they can do this for a full season / rest of their careers here. Smile

*Glimpses of team unity came in Kenny's caretaker role but that disappeared in his "proper" season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:07 am

Poor Nzonzi ruined his life, he got cursed by me!!!!
Anyone except coutinho he had caught, he could have been forgiven; but....

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 am

I wonder how happy Nzonzi is about being at Stoke, he had a transfer request turned down early on in the window.

Anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Cou out until end of October with a shoulder injury.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Williams is cursed by me!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:44 pm

ffs little Cou Sad

Such a shame, Williams needs to be sent to the hospital.

Man, we have no one of his qualities to come in until at least Suarez comes in.

We'll probably go with Aspas, Hendo, Studge, and Moses for Soton.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:49 pm

if aspas in the middle, we wil get raped in midfield

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:58 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:if aspas in the middle, we wil get raped in midfield
Not really, it'll be sort of how we played against United, Villa, and Stoke. Hendo on the right with Aspas as SS.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Against Sotton Hopefully:

--------------------------Mig-----------------------
Wisdom-------Skrtel----------Agger------Enrique
-----------------Gerrard----Lucas-----------------
---Moses------------Henderson---------Sterling-
----------------------Sturridge--------------------

and 4 days later vs. Mancs in League Cup

---------------------Mig--------------------
Kelly--------Toure-----Sakho----Enrique
-------------Allen-------Lucas-------------
---Aspas---------Alberto---------Sterling-
------------------Suarez-------------------

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Sad news on Coutinho. The positives are that it's no longer than six weeks and that Suarez is coming back after one game, so that's one quality player replaced with other.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:50 am

McAgger wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:if aspas in the middle, we wil get raped in midfield
Not really, it'll be sort of how we played against United, Villa, and Stoke. Hendo on the right with Aspas as SS.
And it's no surprise that all those teams had more than 55% possession against us. And before you mention how we defending in zones and not play our game, that was because Aspas was in the middle of the pitch. We couldn't keep the ball in our feet.

Aspas as a SS doesn't work. He's only got one assist from there, he doesn't look like challenging the keeper at all there, and doesn't help the midfield. Henderson needs to be moved back into the centre until we address the problem in January. I don't even want a left winger any more. Put Coutinho back on the wing, and get a Mkhitaryan type.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:10 am

I'd like to see Alberto or Sterling given a run of games in that last spot instead of Aspas... I think he'll be more effective off the bench (and maybe score a late goal to boost his confidence), while this is the perfect time to give the young guys some experience. There's a spot open for the taking in the starting 11 with Coutinho hurt and Suarez still suspended, and we have a few easy games coming up, so what better time to see if one of these young players can step up and grab hold? That's why we have them around, and I think either one (Sterling especially, though) is at a point in their experience where they could be effective and really flourish.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 am

We don't have an "easy" games. Our team at the moment lacks creativity. I can only think of one chance we created against Swansea, and that was when Moses took on two players and crossed it for Sturridge. Moses himself needs service.

Only Gerrard in the current squad is creative. We're not going to be able to break teams down with Suarez and Coutinho out of the side. Why I was stressing so hard for another CAM, who I won't name because I'm depressed he went to Spurs from all teams. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 am

That's what I'm saying. Perfect time to give one of these young attacking players a chance. We have nothing to lose - if they're ineffective, well, they'll probably be equivalent to Aspas's recent form. But I think, considering the opponents, an extra creative outlet like Sterling would do the team a lot of good, and I think he'd rise up to it. Regardless, it's 1 or at most 2 games, and our worst case scenario is he goes back to the bench when more important players come back.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:46 am

Sterling can't play in the centre, though.

Unless you mean he plays on the right hand side and Hendo gets shifted back into the middle, which I wouldn't mind.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am

I believe Alberto can be enough creative to take us through the Soton game and get us three points. But the point is really whether to play Hendo behind the Studge or Alberto behind Studge. I would play Hendo in the middle and Alberto on the RW. If BR thinks this is not enough creative we can go with Alberto in the center and Hendo on RAM or RW, whatever. If given the responsiblity to play as CAM, I am sure Hendo can at least be given a chance there for Soton game, and we can see how he does there.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:08 am

something-red wrote:Sterling can't play in the centre, though.

Unless you mean he plays on the right hand side and Hendo gets shifted back into the middle, which I wouldn't mind.
That's exactly what I mean.

------Sturridge
Moses---Hendo---Sterling

I think it would work well, and I think a full 90 minutes against a premier league side would do wonders for Raheem - I feel he'd take advantage of the opportunity. He seemed to have worked on the biggest problems in his game for preseason - varying his attacking choices by dribbling and picking out passes rather than relying on pace, and he also seemed to be a little bigger and use his body better. He also impressed me in his minutes so far this season. I think this is the perfect opportunity to give him a start, and I think he'd repay the team well.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 am

I agree. Sterling definitely has a role to play in the first team this year, I think he'll start this one rather than play him against the Mancs at Old Trafford. The problem is, like Moses against Swansea, they won't get the service needed to perform. All summer I was banging about bringing creativity in...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:34 am

i will say for at least this match bring Alberto in, sterling can be sub...he will get lot of chances for the newt few league matches.
For Manc game we wont need sterling Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am

Think we actually will need Sterling against the Mancs. Evra struggles against players with any sort of pace...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:46 am

We have Hendo for Evra hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Proud

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next