windkick
The Sanchez
Donuts
gondov
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Thiago wasn't shit, what are you on?

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Don't like his attitude, he had a few good matches after coming from injury but he ain't what people hype him to be.

You'll understand in a few years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 pm

I disagree, I think in a few years, or less, you'll have to eat those words.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

I will eat a soccer ball if he becomes a starter in Barcelona.

Then again, he can. But your team will decline.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Thiago has to improve his attitude and his game intelligence,I think he has all the talent that is needed to become a starter.

Thank god we are keeping Villa,at least for now,who would you rather have a chance in a important game,Villa or Sanchez? We all know who.Plus Villa has the ability to create some chances for himself,Sanchez has to have the ball laid on a plate for him and he still misses.He really is becoming a bad flop,I will still support him though,no point in abusing him unless he stops putting in 100%.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 pm

danyjr wrote:I will eat a soccer ball if he becomes a starter in Barcelona.

Then again, he can. But your team will decline.

Off course, Xavis and Iniestas don't appear everyday.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Xavi is a one off so nobody can realistically expect Thiago to ever be as good as Xavi.

Thiago is not far off Xavi technically even now but Xavi's unparalleled football brain and vision is what sets them apart.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm

The problem is not reaching Xavi or Iniesta's level. We all know these players happen a few times a decade.

To play a possession game you need a few qualities (bar excellent technique), as a midfielder which Thiago doesn't possess IMO. The ability to spread the ball smartly, the workrate to move all the time and offer yourself to players up and down the pitch, and also the ability to receive the ball under immense pressure. He has that Hollywood factor, trying eye-candy stuff as he shows Brazilian flair. It is fun to watch but his dribbling and passing is not exactly clever enough to yield to anything. Don't get me wrong, I think he had a few very good matches after his injury and he has a lot of good points - for example his ability to past his man, his excellent passing delivery and one-touch play and also the ability to score among others, but I don't see how he can be a vital player in a team like Barcelona. He is not really the type of man you can rely on, unlike Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets. Mind you, I believe he has the ability to be a very good player elsewhere, just don't think he's cut for possession teams. I think he is best played as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1.

Time will tell. Here's hope he can improve on the articles I mentioned. Otherwise I'll still be eating that soccerball.

worms wrote:Thiago has to improve his attitude and his game intelligence,I think he has all the talent that is needed to become a starter
This.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm

"the ability to spread the ball smartly"

Something which will hopefully improve with experience.

"the workrate to move all the time and offer yourself to players up and down the pitch"

Ye I noticed this myself but this is something he could learn to do if he is willing enough.

"the ability to receive the ball under immense pressure."

I think he is technically gifted enough to learn how to do this,half of it is decision making and composure.Both of which improve with experience.Don't forget he's only 21.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm

You say things like " ability to spread the ball smartly" "the workrate to move all the time and offer yourself to players up and down the pitch" "the ability to receive the ball under immense pressure."

You speak about his attitude and yet you claim Cesc can replace Xavi scratch

Cesc is incapable of doing any of these things, Cesc is a great player but only in the position he is atm he is no Xavi and he never will be.

Cesc is practically an AM in this system he hardly spends any time at all in midfield he leaves that all to Xavi and Busquets and he can't play as a regista.

Cesc cannot replace Xavi as he has no clue what is required as a dictating CM and nor should he as he's not that type of player.

Neither can Iniesta for that matter.

Thiago and Busquets are the only ones who do and the only ones capable of replacing Xavi.

Asking Cesc to replace Xavi is like asking Ozil to replace Xabi Alonso.

Also his attitude is no better than Thiago is, so basically you're talking rubbish.

Also....

He has that Hollywood factor, trying eye-candy stuff as he shows Brazilian flair. It is fun to watch but his dribbling and passing is not exactly clever enough to yield to anything.

I love how this myth is still going strong despite it being dispelled many many times. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 pm

I think Thiago suits Iniesta's position more. He'd be able offer more in that position, same with Fabregas.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:07 pm

With the performances Cesc has produced this season, he is higher in the list to fill the gap - THAT'S ALL. He won't be the ideal solution to replace Xavi or Iniesta by any means. In fact had you read all my comments since 1.5 years ago you would have known I have never rated Fàbregas as a possession-style CM and still don't due to his blatant lack of composure. In fact that was exactly why I joined this forum, because of a thread stating whether he will succeed Xavi in Barcelona/Spain.

I wonder if anyone got distance covered by Cesc and Thiago that last match. I remember Fàbregas used to cover more distance more distance than any other player back in Arsenal week in week out. I have no doubts about his work ethic, the guy works harder than Thiago without a doubt.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I love how this myth is still going strong despite it being dispelled many many times. Laughing
Only a couple of weeks ago he gave the opposition a goal due to lack of awareness after being passed to near his goal. Against Málaga I think. Watch it maybe you'll find out why that "myth" is still going around :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:15 pm

Cesc's performances have come in a completely different role, you cannot compare.

His performances would be nowhere near as good in Xavi's role as i said its like Ozil replacing Alonso Laughing

As for the Malaga goal that was Pinto's fault and besides Xavi has never given the ball away? Laughing

Also if Cesc is higher in the pecking order to replace Xavi why is it that when Xavi doesn't play it is Thiago who plays the Xavi Role and not Cesc?

Its pretty clear he's being groomed to replace him and quite frankly he's the most suitable choice...

Cesc nor Iniesta are simply incapable of excelling in that role.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Fabregas would be playing CM, Ozil would be playing in the DM area. A bit different imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As for the Malaga goal that was Pinto's fault and besides Xavi has never given the ball away? Laughing
There is a difference between giving the ball away high up the pitch and 5 meters away from your goal.

Pinto's fault or not, you can't say because you're not aware of the communication in the pitch. Nevertheless as a player who's aware of your back, you know you gotta deal with the ball differently, pass it back or do something else. It isn't like Pinto gave him the ball in a brink. Thiago had plenty of time to look back.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm

:facepalm:

This section used to be so good. Now, half of it is just rubbish based on nothing.

Thaigo wont start for Barca ever, but if he does then you wont be as good as a team who wins everything...great statement.

This after a very good game with very little flaw.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 am

I don't understand how people can say Thiago wont start in the future, since when have you guys turned into potential masters?
in comparison Thiago is better then Xavi at age 21
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 am

Danyjr...what the hell are you talking about?

Like, I don't even understand how you can take your viewpoint, believe it, and then argue about it. It's...simply wrong from just about every perspective.

I mean I question if you have even watched Thiago this season.

Anyway, fantastic game. As I said earlier, I love this team. Love them so much. It's a pure joy to watch this team and I thank Barca day in and day out for allowing me to watch beauty in its purest form each week.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

Thiago might not realize his potential, but he is young, and he can learn from mistakes, the one with Malaga was mistake from both Thiago and Pinto, although Thiago should have been aware of his surrounding. But players learn from these mistakes. All ingredients are there for him to shine for Barca.

danyjr be careful, no one really expected Xavi to become Xavi when he was 21. I am not saying he will become like Xavi, but he might be at that level in his own way.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 am

My 2 cents on the game:
We seemed to be a little reasured in the beginning.
After the red, the game was practically over.
It was good to see that subs were done early in the game.
It is painfull to see Villa not being part of our regular 11. The guy has killer instict and his workrate is significant too. I can remember him tracking back to tackle on counter attacks.
I hope this win reinforces our mentality against Maadrid
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Cesc nor Iniesta are simply incapable of excelling in that role.

Surely Cesc is incapable of excelling in Xavi's role, but I disagree that Iniesta can't do it.

He has all the qualities to do it, and has done so in the past (ie CL final 2006, with much less experience).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 am

eelir wrote:Thiago might not realize his potential, but he is young, and he can learn from mistakes, the one with Malaga was mistake from both Thiago and Pinto, although Thiago should have been aware of his surrounding. But players learn from these mistakes. All ingredients are there for him to shine for Barca.

danyjr be careful, no one really expected Xavi to become Xavi when he was 21. I am not saying he will become like Xavi, but he might be at that level in his own way.

I would add that there's nothing wrong with Thiago doing that mistake once in a while. When Busquets first came in, he was doing a huge mistake like Thiago's vs. Malaga every single match. He learnt from it through experience and being given a lot of confidence, and now look at him. Thiago's only problem is that he doesn't have as much game time as Busquets or Xavi had at his age, in part due to Song being here and Xavi not stepping aside progressively.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am

People making a mountain out of a molehill. Really.

Thiago is a frecking kid, he is performing amazingly, not just for his age..but performing amazingly full stop. And your picking at one half error he made? My god imagine if Puyol was 22 again, how would you react? Laughing

As for the game, I dont understand the tone of some reactions here.

Boring?

It was not boring at all. This wasnt a game when we stopped trying after we won it...we kept going for goals right untill the end. Some fantastic football and amazing sequences of passes. 1-2's from so many different combinations, Thiago doing 2 1-2's in a row, Messi with everyone, Thiago, Cesc and Xavi chipping through balls over the top...we had 20 shots ffs.

I duno what more you want.

Literally everyone played well, our fullbacks were a little subdued, more so Adriano, but a great game collectively and individually, especially post red.

Last edited by The Franchise on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm

free_cat wrote:
eelir wrote:Thiago might not realize his potential, but he is young, and he can learn from mistakes, the one with Malaga was mistake from both Thiago and Pinto, although Thiago should have been aware of his surrounding. But players learn from these mistakes. All ingredients are there for him to shine for Barca.

I would add that there's nothing wrong with Thiago doing that mistake once in a while. When Busquets first came in, he was doing a huge mistake like Thiago's vs. Malaga every single match. He learnt from it through experience and being given a lot of confidence, and now look at him. Thiago's only problem is that he doesn't have as much game time as Busquets or Xavi had at his age, in part due to Song being here and Xavi not stepping aside progressively.

Why should Xavi step aside progressively?He is still the best in the business and the benchmark for every other midfielder out there.As long as he is performing at the level he is,he is an undisputed starter.If anyone should be benched for Thiago,its Cesc.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:47 pm

On the game,I thought we were a bit flat until the red.But then really picked and played some great football.
Thiago started out slow and played some poor passes but he improved throughout the game and was playing great towards the end.
Busquets was poor.Sloppy passes throughout.Adriano too was poor but understandable considering he was playing after a while.
Its nice to see Pedro scoring again.And its not a coincidence that Pedro's goal scoring run has coincided with Alves slowly getting back to his best.
All Alves needed was a run of games.Now he is close to his best and that has helped Pedro immensely too.
Villa had an excellent game.Excellent link up,running,passing and movement.All that was missing was the goal.Needs to start more games.
The highlight of the game for me was Messi's pass to Villa with his right.
Wonderful pass.Didnt know that he could pass that well with his right.He does have a pretty good right foot.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Yeah I agree. Xavi’s style of play is barely affected by his age. He’s not a Gatuso type of player basing his game in physical prowess. I can see him playing at top level for a couple of years a la Pirlo
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next