McAgger
Valkyrja
Layquelme
LeBéninois
DeviAngel
86 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba !!  - Page 13 Empty Re: Paul Pogba !!

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:11 am

Valkyrja wrote:
breva wrote:You actually believe that Gerrard was superior to Iniesta (or Pirlo)?

Not better than Pirlo, but better than Iniesta. Xavi and Pirlo are the best midfielders I've seen along with Zidane. Iniesta is a great player though.

:facepalm: I just can't believe I wake up to read this. Not suprised though as it is coming from an ignorant madridista.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:36 am

Gerrard to iniesta is apples to oranges right there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:45 am

Daaaaaamn... Didn't mean to turn this into a Gerrard / Lampard thread. Just wanted to point out that there's an imbalance between all the hype I read about Pogba, with 100m bidding wars between Barca / Madrid / Bayern / Chelsea / City, and what I actually see him do on the pitch. I expect to see world-class performances based on the amount of hype, but instead am yet to see an exceptional performance by Pogba.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:39 am

My toughts exactly. Pogba isnt a special talent by any means, not by brilliance, and not by performance, he's just a young talented player who reminds us of a certain viera for a certain arsenal. If pogba is worth a €100m, then good lord, i wonder how much guys like neymar would be worth now.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How in the hell are Gerrard and Lampard overrated? yes they didn't perform together for England but that's because we tried to force them together in a 442 lol.

They consistently were one of the best midfielders in the CL each season when English teams actually regularly made the semi final and they have both won the competition lol.

Exactly.

Some laughable stuff going on here.

Don't know why everything has to turn into a player x vs player y fight.

If someone says they don't "rate" Lampard or Gerrard they're talking out of their arse, really.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:50 am

Art Morte wrote:Daaaaaamn... Didn't mean to turn this into a Gerrard / Lampard thread. Just wanted to point out that there's an imbalance between all the hype I read about Pogba, with 100m bidding wars between Barca / Madrid / Bayern / Chelsea / City, and what I actually see him do on the pitch. I expect to see world-class performances based on the amount of hype, but instead am yet to see an exceptional performance by Pogba.

Real Madrid aren't interested in him, never were, never will. Thank god for that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:09 am

Let me add my few cents here, if I have 100m to spend, I will spend on someone like Suarez or even Benzema but never on a player like Pogba, at least in his current state !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:31 am

FACT of matter is football has changed so much . You never had game controllers like mordic or Iniesta in epl pub legue 2000-2008 .It was cross and pray tactics from man u and longball chelski that ruled the league those days .

The real brains behind rafas team was not brainless Gerrard but another Spaniard by the name XABI ALONSO . 2005 was a the rarest of rare incident in football .A clog team like chelski never used proper midfielders . Lampard was a mix of reducer , average passer (WC in  EPL) and average playmaker .

looking back you have to little bit easy on these guys because those days you had to physically impose your game on the midfield and the refs never gave the mids  any protection  .

They were the darlings of EPL marketing team .
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Everyone has their opinion...  i was just refuting that Lampard and Gerrard are among the greatest midfielders of the past 20 years.  If they belong there, so does Beckham then and i don't believe that either.  

Let's just throw 10 names out in the past 20 years just off the top of my head that were clearly better...  Zidane, Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, Scholes, Vieira, Matthaus, Albertini, Kaka and Deco.

I agree that they were extremely good and probably the 2nd and 3rd best midfielders in the EPL of the past 20 years (Scholes being the best).  But EPL is not known for midfields....  very far from.  Let's not throwing "the world" in there.

If your going to put Deco and one year of Kaka, ahead of Lampard, Gerrard, and Beckham, then I honestly have to think you have a problem with England.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:15 pm

1 year of Kaka rofl

Yeah, lets forget about his 18 goals in 07-08 or his 16 goals in 08-09, but continue
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Lol @ the deco and albertini part. Kaka is on par but is rated more highly because his a balon d'or winner, he's miles better for his national team, is better technically and is brazilian. Yes kaka was a monster, a beast, probably put in one of the best ever performance of the 21st century as a tranquista against man utd in the 07 CL semi-final. But people also forget that lampard was a balon d'or runner up in 05 too and is easily on par or just slightly below kaka on performance and lampard wins it for consitency. Otherwise, its not some night and day some people make it out to be tbh.. Only the insane dinho could stop lamps for winning the award in 05. A big game player too
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:22 pm

Dunno why Sports keeps bringing up EPL when both Gerrard and Lampard performed against the very best in Europe week in week out for many many years.

They were both always one of the top performing midfielders in the competition.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:42 pm

That's the thing that confuses me most about that post. Lampard was the heartbeat of that Chelsea team that routinely went deep in the CL (pre and post Mourinho for that matter) reaching 7 Semifinals & 2 Finals yet here he is claiming a player that has dominated European giants like Barca, Bayern, Juve amongst others was only good because of the PL hype machine.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:44 pm

sree999 wrote:FACT of matter is football has changed so much . You never had game controllers like mordic or Iniesta in epl pub legue 2000-2008 .It was cross and pray tactics from man u and longball chelski that ruled the league those days .

The real brains behind rafas team was not brainless Gerrard but another Spaniard by the name XABI ALONSO . 2005 was a the rarest of rare incident in football .A clog team like chelski never used proper midfielders . Lampard was a mix of reducer , average passer (WC in  EPL) and average playmaker .

looking back you have to little bit easy on these guys because those days you had to physically impose your game on the midfield and the refs never gave the mids  any protection  .

They were the darlings of EPL marketing team .

Thoughts on these two passes by that average playmaker against your beloved Barca?

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:23 am

Is that your game controlling skill meh ??  I watched both those games live . I been watching chelski since 2004 in CL .He is average at passing . I stand by what I said .

If you really think this overrated fraud is anywhere near Iniesta xavi or Pirlo you need your head examined
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 am

For the record, kaka wasn't a midfielder.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:03 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:1 year of Kaka rofl

Yeah, lets forget about his 18 goals in 07-08 or his 16 goals in 08-09, but continue

MUAHAHA....im sorry im sorry, 3 years of Kaka.

And lets include goals, and pretend Kaka wasn't a Trequartista, and the other 3 weren't playmakers.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm not disputing that lmao, i'm disputing '1 year of Kaka', shows how much you know when he's had niggling injuries thoughout 08-09 up until he got sold then virtually lost his legs in 2010

But thats fine, he got us the CL in those 3 years, something you haven't grasped in 20 odd years
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:14 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I'm not disputing that lmao, i'm disputing '1 year of Kaka', shows how much you know when he's had niggling injuries thoughout 08-09 up until he got sold then virtually lost his legs in 2010

But thats fine, he got us the CL in those 3 years, something you haven't grasped in 20 odd years

settle down, Other Milan team, it was purposefully exaggerated to prove a point.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Lampard, Gerrard, Iniesta and Kaka talk in a Pogba thread

Needs more Riquelme imo Proud

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:18 pm

People are having so high expectations from Pogba that they will inevitably be disillusioned
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:30 pm

People are legit expecting him to be a top midfielder of all time at this age lol

I hoped people by now would realise ability is one of MANY factors in determining a players transfer value.

He's already at a top club and playing every time he's fit - Price UP

He's very young, will be in his prime when a lot of todays greats are retired or done at a top level - Price UP

Like point 2, he's not in his prime yet, but already one of the most highly rated midfielders around - Price UP

He's in no danger of running his contract down, we also don't need to sell. Price UP

He's U21 World Cup captain and winner if I remember right, voted best young player at the actual WC playing for a top nation - Price UP

Because of his physical attributes, and his technique, he's one of those uncommon players that has it all. He can't be bullied, and he's not a big donkey. Price.... UP!

He's not tagged at 100M based on talent alone, that would be ridiculous. Brahs should learn some simple economics, supply & demand etc
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Andrew_p wrote:Lampard, Gerrard, Iniesta and Kaka talk in a Pogba thread

Needs more Riquelme imo Proud

This thread needs more Ballack and Seedorf.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Let's turn this thread into who vs who should this thread be turned into.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:People are legit expecting him to be a top midfielder of all time at this age lol

I hoped people by now would realise ability is one of MANY factors in determining a players transfer value.

He's already at a top club and playing every time he's fit - Price UP

He's very young, will be in his prime when a lot of todays greats are retired or done at a top level - Price UP

Like point 2, he's not in his prime yet, but already one of the most highly rated midfielders around - Price UP

He's in no danger of running his contract down, we also don't need to sell. Price UP

He's U21 World Cup captain and winner if I remember right, voted best young player at the actual WC playing for a top nation - Price UP

Because of his physical attributes, and his technique, he's one of those uncommon players that has it all. He can't be bullied, and he's not a big donkey. Price.... UP!

He's not tagged at 100M based on talent alone, that would be ridiculous. Brahs should learn some simple economics, supply & demand etc

This

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Tom stopped short of 7 different UP's to prevent 7UP jokes Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next