Jay29
FalcaoPunch
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
41 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Multi-supporters: Can they be taken seriously ?

"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 20 ]
"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 39

"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Empty Re: "Fans" who support more than one team

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:In response to what should be officially labelled "The White Star thesis", people can support whoever they want, for whatever reason they want. You take them seriously if what they are saying makes some degree of sense.

Then there is whats called the "NialQuinnsFrivolousPants Thesis" to which you cannot support a club even if is one standard yard outside your town/city/area.

rofl

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Empty Re: "Fans" who support more than one team

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm

So I guess I'll be the one to ask, then....Do you really have them both tattooed on your ass? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Swanhends wrote:So I guess I'll be the one to ask, then....Do you really have them both tattooed on your ass? hmm

Yes. Milan on the left, Liverpool on the right. Liverpool logo isn't the current one but is actually this one "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Lgsp0041%2Bthis-is-anfield-liverpool-football-club-badge-liverpool-football-club-poster
Just with a minor difference as the emblem outline is lined with green.

As for the other question that I can feel burning in your head all the way from hicktown Texas, if red allows it then I will otherwise there is always the PM Wink
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Pics or GTFO
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Swanhends wrote:So I guess I'll be the one to ask, then....Do you really have them both tattooed on your ass? hmm

Yes. Milan on the left, Liverpool on the right. Liverpool logo isn't the current one but is actually this one "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 2 Lgsp0041%2Bthis-is-anfield-liverpool-football-club-badge-liverpool-football-club-poster
Just with a minor difference as the emblem outline is lined with green.

As for the other question that I can feel burning in your head all the way from hicktown Texas, if red allows it then I will otherwise there is always the PM Wink

LOOOL :bow: :bow: :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Im a Koln and Juventus fan.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Stupid question really. Obviously each person should be judged as an individual. Trying to judge a whole group of people based on point is just dumb.

I really wanna see Arq's ass affraid
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Taken seriously? Why the heck not?

I take Arq more seriously than 99% of posters on here, because he knows his stuff.

In fact, I would take someone who supports two clubs but actually understands football than some crazed fanboy who cant see past his own nose.

As for my feelings on supporting two teams?

Meh, whatever, fans can do as they please and support however they want.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:08 pm

#justice4GL #showyourassArq
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 pm

GL, the king of Modern football forums :bow:

TFF, the king of old school one club man forums :bow:

THAT CONTRAST

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Poster X Supports Barcelona and Fiorentina.

HARDCORE SUPPORT. He lives and breathes. He's learnt Catalan and Italian so he can have access to their local forums. learn about the culture of each club. Saving money desperately so he can go and watch a game at Florence or Barcelona.

On a sunday night

Pescara beat Fiorentina 2-0, damage their CL hopes, while 2 hours Later Barca trounce Getafe to go top with 12 point lead.

How does that fan feel like when he goes to sleep at night on sunday ?

Pissed off? happy? confused ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:GL, the king of Modern football forums :bow:

THAT CONTRAST

You posted on TFF lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:14 pm

You do realise a lot of fans don't get too emotional regardless of results. They are still fans of their team.

And your whole point about not being able to love too women equally.....How could you possibly know that. Well you couldn't really. Maybe some people can maybe some people cant.

Do all parents have a favourite child or do some parents love all their children equally?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

THAT CONTRAST

You posted on TFF lol?

No. But I read there more than here Very Happy .

I genuinely think one of the reasons GL doesn't attract minority fans like Everton, Leeds, Napoli, BVB, Spurs, etc is because the amount of the so called 2-team fans here.....they are old school fans and can't ditch this principle.

In my personal opinion, the forum will be a lot LOT better with fans of other not as glamorous clubs.

The fact that half of GD is about Barca/RM is the biggest issue at GL imo hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 pm

THAT CONTRAST

TFF? does that stand for "The football forum?"

Or does it stand for "Texas Fishing Forum"?
http://www.texasfishingforum.com/

If you click the link you can see forum hick, Texasends on the front page. Looking good Bhends.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:You do realise a lot of fans don't get too emotional regardless of results. They are still fans of their team.

And your whole point about not being able to love too women equally.....How could you possibly know that. Well you couldn't really. Maybe some people can maybe some people cant.

Do all parents have a favourite child or do some parents love all their children equally?

What's the point of being a fan if you don't care much about the results to let it affect the emotion then ?

The whole reason that an American supports an English team is to have the feeling of association. to make that emotional connections. to laugh with the team and cry with the team. to become a viral Scouser (for example) . To participate as much, to become part of the group.

That's how I see it anyways. When you dedicate yourself to a team, is just like when you dedicate yourself to a girl.

well, I guess some people just don't care and just watch the game for entertainment, as opposed to emotional reasons (which I believe is the reason for footy being the best sport on universe)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:You do realise a lot of fans don't get too emotional regardless of results. They are still fans of their team.

What's the point of being a fan if you don't care much about the results to let it affect the emotion then ?

I know plenty of people who act the same after a match win/lose/draw.

I assume an argument they would make is: why get emotional over something you have no control over?

Believe it or not, some people act differently to others.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

THAT CONTRAST

You posted on TFF lol?

No. But I read there more than here Very Happy .

I genuinely think one of the reasons GL doesn't attract minority fans like Everton, Leeds, Napoli, BVB, Spurs, etc is because the amount of the so called 2-team fans here.....they are old school fans and can't ditch this principle.

In my personal opinion, the forum will be a lot LOT better with fans of other not as glamorous clubs.

The fact that half of GD is about Barca/RM is the biggest issue at GL imo hmm

I used to post on both TFF's before i found Goal.com, got tired of the ridiculous premfacery on there lol as strange as it sounds.

I agree with what you're saying tbh but its hard to attract those kinds to a place like this.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

I assume an argument they would make is: why get emotional over something you have no control over?

Because no one forces you to follow this thing you have no control over.

When you pick a team to support, it comes at a package. It's like a gamble. Sometimes they win, you are chuffed. when the suffer, it saddens you.

But again, it goes back on how you started watching football at the first place and whether your motives were EMOTIONAL or simply ENTERTAINMENT.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

When you pick a team to support, it comes at a package. It's like a gamble. Sometimes they win, you are chuffed. when the suffer, it saddens you.

Sorry but you're wrong. I have seen it time and time again.

You need to say when "some people" pick a team to support.......

You cannot put everyone in the same boat.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:For me it's even weird if fans support a team from another city or country, because imo one should support a club where you live/come from, but i guess 90% of this forum don't live in the city of their supported team so i accept it Very Happy
Well, I do support my home team. The only drawback is - it's in the 4th division. So would you begrudge me cheering for all the German teams who play in CL and EL??

And why shouldn't I watch a team where a GK I like a lot plays? So if I watch Basel or Juve other than the German teams in Europe, does that make me a worse person?

And for that question whom to support when teams I like meet - I always wish the results to be a 0:0. Clean sheets for all my favourite GKs! banana

Last edited by rwo power on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm

See, I don't put football on the same level as girlfriends or family because those things are a lot more important in my life than a sport. I love watching and examining football but for me it's just a hobby and form of entertainment.

I'll get disappointed if one of my clubs doesn't win and happy if they do, but it's usually just a fleeting feeling that sticks around for a few minutes. I certainly don't go to sleep that night thinking about the result, nor does it effect my week in the slightest. I don't see any point in putting so much emotional investment into something I have zero influence over - if we win, great; if we lose, oh well, shit happens. It's not like I can pick up a controller and control all the players myself.

I do support two teams now. I have a stronger attachment for Arsenal than I do Sevilla, but that's only because I've been supporting them for 15 odd years while I only recently started to follow Sevilla more closely. I do watch every Sevilla game, I do get happy or disappointed depending on their results and I do follow their transfers and the inner-workings at the club. None of this effects my support for Arsenal in the slightest. Supporting Sevilla has actually helped me gain a better understanding of Spanish football, which is ultimately what I want as a football fan.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm

rwo power wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:For me it's even weird if fans support a team from another city or country, because imo one should support a club where you live/come from, but i guess 90% of this forum don't live in the city of their supported team so i accept it Very Happy
Well, I do support my home team. The only drawback is - it's in the 4th division. So would you begrudge me cheering for all the German teams who play in CL and EL??

And why shouldn't I watch a team where a GK I like a lot plays? So if I watch Basel or Juve other than the German teams in Europe, does that make me a worse person?

And for that question whom to support when teams I like meet - I always wish the results to be a 0:0. Clean sheets for all my favourite GKs! banana

I didn't talk about watching matches from other teams, or liking some of their players (i do so as well), but being a real fan. I mean, wearing the kits,scarfs,watching every match on tv,going to live matches in the stadium and so on.

I do accept Bayern fans from other cities/countries, but it's really another feeling/thing if you live in the same city. You can talk to everybody in work/school with friends and with many unknown people in clubs or bars about your club. You know the mentality and soul of the club/city, and espacially we bavarians have our very special culture Wink
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:I didn't talk about watching matches from other teams, or liking some of their players (i do so as well), but being a real fan. I mean, wearing the kits,scarfs,watching every match on tv,going to live matches in the stadium and so on.
Ah, good. Then you don't mean me Razz

(Although I bet I probably know more about the teams I just like to watch than many "real fans" ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't like the word "support" because i don't think you can support more than one team. You can like several but you can't support several.

I have liked Roma since 2001, We (Arsenal) played them 4 times since then till now. But during the matches it didn't occur to me once that i have a soft spot for the Italian club. It was just Arsenal.

However their opinion on things are different matter unless it involves their own teams. I don't see why it can't be taken seriously
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm

I partly agree and disagree with Sepi.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next