Should Allegri Stay?

+22
Rossoneri Ninja
M99
Rossonero23
•MilanDevil•
Eivindo
Dante
dostoevsky
dreamer
Twoism
red&blacklegion
celikmilan
uzonero
Forza
Cruijf
Il Diavolo
Lord Spencer
Arquitecto
Milantildeath
KR10
Ganso
Potential
Kaladin
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should Allegri stay?

Should Allegri Stay?  Vote_lcap61%Should Allegri Stay?  Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 19 ]
Should Allegri Stay?  Vote_lcap19%Should Allegri Stay?  Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Should Allegri Stay?  Vote_lcap19%Should Allegri Stay?  Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
 
Total Votes : 31
 
 

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Topic title says it all
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24562
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Potential Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm

How many managers have ever dealt with as many injuries as him? None.

He has proven to be amazing with transforming youth into stars, albeit he doesn't do it often but he is proving to be one of the best in Italian football in this aspect.

He have an awful squad at his disposal but despite that he is still grinding results, most midtable teams have a better defenders and midfielders than us but he is still able to bring better results.

Looking at his audacity, I think he can be very brave or very stupid; Boateng and Emanuelson has covered almost every position in football bar centerback and goalkeepers, for that I gave him credit for being able to add versatility to players aspect, experimenting successfully and playing a fullback in a centerback position!
One negative about him is his stubbornness in playing workhorses over technical players, although this is down mainly to the lack of players at his disposal because anyone who saw his team pre-Milan.

At technical level, he is one of the best, infact I struggle to remember anything he did wrong in four games against Barcelona, and two against Arsenal (bar playing Mesbah, but he had no other choice)

Overall, if we are continuing with our youth project; Allegri has proven to be more than enough to intergrate youth into the team, and unless we are replacing him with Guardiola, he deserves another season!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:34 pm

He should most definitely stay,specially now that he has given up on that damned 4-3-1-2.We are actually doing pretty well ATM.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by KR10 Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

I think he should stay, but it also depends on our resuts in the league, and the signings we make this winter market

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 293
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Allegri should stay, Berlusconi should go. He is so messed up financially because he can't keep his trouser snake tame.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Everyone knows my opinion of Max. Inside Allegri there is a unearthed genius who will be unleashed once he finds a club who gives him the respect he deserves, follows through with their promises to him and gives him the control he needs. Milan with that utter disgrace of a man Berlusconi will never be that man. There is a reason why Galliani adores Allegri so much since unlike Botoxloni Galliani understands football and the ambitious ideas Allegri puts on the table for Milan. So far his only flaw is his own weakness which is his consistent striving for perfectionism and believing all too much in certain components which cannot work within football as he can be naive at times. Aside from that we have a very complete manager who knows how to produce and work with youth, is a damn capable leader with balls of steel, and is brimming with ideas which sadly cannot translate to the more impulsive fans. At the age of 44 his talent and footballing mind is undeniable yet it doesn't mean it will always transcend onto success as these types of managers need many elements of incident to flow along their way. We all know he is undoubtedly be let go at the end of the season yet it wouldn't take away anything of how view him as a manager.

He also happens to be a comedic genius using that PH.D level Italiano of his to show his excellent wit in interviews/press conferences. Doesn't have to do anything with his managerial skill but its one to appreciate.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11755
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm

I disliked Allegri a lot for the way he treated Pirlo. I clearly saw that the first half of the Scudetto season was a start to something wonderful between Pirlo and Ibra. Yet, Allegri struck on with his 3 DM tactic and particularly pushed Pirlo out. We all saw how wrong that move was.

Even though, I think he is doing the best with the current squad. Unlike Arq, I see no unearthed genius in a man who prefers MVB to Pirlo. He is one of the best at utilizing squads like the current Milan, but give him star players and he won't know how to use them. Which means that he is good for the Milan that is transforming now. Hope he develops in the time, but I won't hold my breath
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4472
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I disliked Allegri a lot for the way he treated Pirlo. I clearly saw that the first half of the Scudetto season was a start to something wonderful between Pirlo and Ibra. Yet, Allegri struck on with his 3 DM tactic and particularly pushed Pirlo out. We all saw how wrong that move was.

Even though, I think he is doing the best with the current squad. Unlike Arq, I see no unearthed genius in a man who prefers MVB to Pirlo. He is one of the best at utilizing squads like the current Milan, but give him star players and he won't know how to use them. Which means that he is good for the Milan that is transforming now. Hope he develops in the time, but I won't hold my breath
I disagree. We had Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva in our team last season. Two of the biggest stars in world football right now, and Allegri handled them well enough. Ibra had the best season of his career under Allegri, Silva became the best defender in the world, also under Allegri. The way he has managed to control our dressing room is quite amazing TBH. With players such as Ibra, Robinho and Cassano all in the same team, any manager would have trouble dealing with their massive egos and arrogance. But Allegri managed them quite well.

As far as Pirlo's case goes, like I said in another thread, I just think he lost the motivation to play for us. His decline was clearly visible in even Ancelloti's last season and he continued to go down under Leonardo. If the guy had any passion and love for Milan at the end, he would have not joined Juventus under any conditions. Milan fans worshiped him, yet he jumped ship to join Juve. Don't get me wrong, I still adore Pirlo, I still love to see him play and I still respect him. But you can't overlook the fact that he lost the will to play for Milan.

He has also shown that he is more the capable of working with youth and development of new start (see El Sharaawy, De Sciglio, Niang). And since our plans right now are to focus on youth, he is the man for the job.

Yes we started the season horrible, but everyone knows that was not Allegri's fault. Although the way he has managed to turn around our season is on his behalf.

I don't think any manager in the world could produce much better results with the team that we have right now. So, yes, IMO Allegri should stay.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 685
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am

I don't have a particularly high opinion of Allegri but it must be said that he's done an impressive job with the horrible excuse for a team he was given, and the injury crisis we've had.

Even if we do sack him, what coach in our realm of affordability can do better than what Allegri's doing right now?

The reason we're in 7th right now is not because we have a bad coach, it's because our management has no clue and our team is garbage. Sacking the one man that's made the most of a bad situation is borderline insane.

Hint: That means Berlusconi is probably giving the order as we speak.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3828
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Forza Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 am

Allegri is a good, progressive coach.

I think he is painfully slow to make changes to the team when something isn't working, but eventually he snaps out of the rut and arrives at a solution. Examples: 2/3 DMs, 4-3-1-2, Boateng as TQ, making subs too late, and the "old guard" transition.

Nevertheless, he has shown that he can win with a talented team (2010-11 Scudetto), he can work with a less talented squad (this season), he can handle tricky personalities and situations (Boateng, Pato, Gattuso, Ibra, Cassano), he can integrate youth into the first team (SES, MDS, Bojan, Niang) and that he can deal with the influence of an overbearing President in Berlusconi and his partner in crime football director Galliani.

Not to mention that this is one of the most challenging periods in Milan's recent history. We have to contend with our President's lack of investment, other club's oil money, the departure of a dozen champion veterans over the last few years (and having to find replacements for them), very competitive European competition, the resurgence of Juventus, an ultra-competitive Serie A where the dominance of the traditional "top 3" is all but over, high stadium expenses, and a fundamental change in transfer philosophy from having a sugar daddy assembling a squad to now being shrewd in scouting and youth development.

All in all, whilst Allegri has tested our patience at times, you have to applaud him for what he's done.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by uzonero Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:10 pm

I think he should stay for atleast one more season. He's doing a good job reintegrating the team while giving youngsters like el shaarawy and de sciglio the minutes to help boost their confidence and gain experience, I wouldn't want a new coach to mess this all up

Plus I doubt there are coaches who could manage our current situation better
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm

so many tactical mistakes, late substitution, stubborn in selecting right players in right positions, starting players who he thinks works for him, and not necessarily for the common good of everybody...

when we loose game, allegri comes out and says, oh ... we didnt play bad, it was good game.... even boban was shellshocked to hear something like that... what team allegri thinks he is coaching... this is not cagliari.

some of his tactical selection was so questionable, i remember him risking full f.. kin game in coppa with thiago silva when we had champions league with barca coming.... then over reliance on ibra on goal, with 0 creativity in midfield, playing boateng as AM just because boateng says i like playing as AM... :facepalm:

last year we lost so many valuable points in scudetto race because of him... particularly fiorentina game.

and then ok this year i had said in previous post that, i dont wish to blame allegri for the failure of this year's campaign, but.... some of the games were lost purely because of him.

for allegri, he is so stubborn that he thinks bonera, antonini boateng is starter no matter how many times they make grave mistakes!! boateng is like half a season out of form!! and yet he is starter!
and bojan like el sharawwy one of our best, brighest player has to pray to get mins. no offense but thats just utter ridiculous!

allegri should stick until the end of the season , but if we were to start new milan with new young players, i would think that its better off getting new coach.

i know guardiola is impossible, but van basten would be good enough for me for new milan

and my frustation is still there how he handled pirlo situation, ok he is off, but then in media, he was just like being supercocky with one of our most loved ex-player...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 am

JespSwe wrote:so many tactical mistakes, late substitution, stubborn in selecting right players in right positions, starting players who he thinks works for him, and not necessarily for the common good of everybody...

when we loose game, allegri comes out and says, oh ... we didnt play bad, it was good game.... even boban was shellshocked to hear something like that... what team allegri thinks he is coaching... this is not cagliari.

some of his tactical selection was so questionable, i remember him risking full f.. kin game in coppa with thiago silva when we had champions league with barca coming.... then over reliance on ibra on goal, with 0 creativity in midfield, playing boateng as AM just because boateng says i like playing as AM... :facepalm:

last year we lost so many valuable points in scudetto race because of him... particularly fiorentina game.

and then ok this year i had said in previous post that, i dont wish to blame allegri for the failure of this year's campaign, but.... some of the games were lost purely because of him.

for allegri, he is so stubborn that he thinks bonera, antonini boateng is starter no matter how many times they make grave mistakes!! boateng is like half a season out of form!! and yet he is starter!
and bojan like el sharawwy one of our best, brighest player has to pray to get mins. no offense but thats just utter ridiculous!

allegri should stick until the end of the season , but if we were to start new milan with new young players, i would think that its better off getting new coach.

i know guardiola is impossible, but van basten would be good enough for me for new milan

and my frustation is still there how he handled pirlo situation, ok he is off, but then in media, he was just like being supercocky with one of our most loved ex-player...
Your being too harsh Jesp!

Allegri has shown us that he is more than capable of working with youth. Give him credit for El Sharaawy and De Sciglio. Bojan has been out of form for over 2 years, and now he has suddenly started to perform magically. I don't think so, Allegri deserves credit for that as well. As far as starting him goes, I can say for sure that his starts will increase. Especially now with Boateng back in the midfield. He joined the team 6 months ago, every player needs time to settle in and especially a player like Bojan who has been out of form and under performing for a while. Allegri is slowly introducing him into the team and I think that is the way to go. He will be starting more games from now on anyways, so that does not really matter.

Secondly, I don't think we can lay even 10% of the blame for our current position on Allegri. Just take a look at our squad list and you'll know. He starts Bonera again and again? Well, its not like he has many alternatives. All our CBs are crap. IMO, out of current CBs only Mexes is above the level of mediocrity, and he starts whenever he is fit. Other than that, all of them are average. Its not like we have Nesta and Silva on the bench and he is starting Bonera.

You say when we play a bad game he does not accept it. But I don't really see a point to criticizing the team in public, especially after the game is lost. It's not gonna change the result. All it's gonna do is damage the confidence levels of the players. I'm pretty sure he criticizes them and tells them what to change in training.

Van Basten? He was a great player, but does that mean he is a great manager as well. No. He could be a great manager, but so far he has not really done anything to deserve that title. I'm not sure any manager could do a much better job than Allegri with the squad we currently have on us.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 685
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Il Diavolo wrote:
JespSwe wrote:so many tactical mistakes, late substitution, stubborn in selecting right players in right positions, starting players who he thinks works for him, and not necessarily for the common good of everybody...

when we loose game, allegri comes out and says, oh ... we didnt play bad, it was good game.... even boban was shellshocked to hear something like that... what team allegri thinks he is coaching... this is not cagliari.

some of his tactical selection was so questionable, i remember him risking full f.. kin game in coppa with thiago silva when we had champions league with barca coming.... then over reliance on ibra on goal, with 0 creativity in midfield, playing boateng as AM just because boateng says i like playing as AM... :facepalm:

last year we lost so many valuable points in scudetto race because of him... particularly fiorentina game.

and then ok this year i had said in previous post that, i dont wish to blame allegri for the failure of this year's campaign, but.... some of the games were lost purely because of him.

for allegri, he is so stubborn that he thinks bonera, antonini boateng is starter no matter how many times they make grave mistakes!! boateng is like half a season out of form!! and yet he is starter!
and bojan like el sharawwy one of our best, brighest player has to pray to get mins. no offense but thats just utter ridiculous!

allegri should stick until the end of the season , but if we were to start new milan with new young players, i would think that its better off getting new coach.

i know guardiola is impossible, but van basten would be good enough for me for new milan

and my frustation is still there how he handled pirlo situation, ok he is off, but then in media, he was just like being supercocky with one of our most loved ex-player...
Your being too harsh Jesp!

Allegri has shown us that he is more than capable of working with youth. Give him credit for El Sharaawy and De Sciglio. Bojan has been out of form for over 2 years, and now he has suddenly started to perform magically. I don't think so, Allegri deserves credit for that as well. As far as starting him goes, I can say for sure that his starts will increase. Especially now with Boateng back in the midfield. He joined the team 6 months ago, every player needs time to settle in and especially a player like Bojan who has been out of form and under performing for a while. Allegri is slowly introducing him into the team and I think that is the way to go. He will be starting more games from now on anyways, so that does not really matter.

Secondly, I don't think we can lay even 10% of the blame for our current position on Allegri. Just take a look at our squad list and you'll know. He starts Bonera again and again? Well, its not like he has many alternatives. All our CBs are crap. IMO, out of current CBs only Mexes is above the level of mediocrity, and he starts whenever he is fit. Other than that, all of them are average. Its not like we have Nesta and Silva on the bench and he is starting Bonera.

You say when we play a bad game he does not accept it. But I don't really see a point to criticizing the team in public, especially after the game is lost. It's not gonna change the result. All it's gonna do is damage the confidence levels of the players. I'm pretty sure he criticizes them and tells them what to change in training.

Van Basten? He was a great player, but does that mean he is a great manager as well. No. He could be a great manager, but so far he has not really done anything to deserve that title. I'm not sure any manager could do a much better job than Allegri with the squad we currently have on us.

well i can agree to the point that he has managed to play some young players. but i disagree with the rest.

allegri is just a mediocre coach for me. and the only reason he is staying in milan is because milan havent found appropriate one.

even if he has good players on disposal, i dont think he has good tactical sense.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by celikmilan Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Allegri, get the f**k out of here.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 285
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by red&blacklegion Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 pm

I dont see anything special about him Weve been playing superboring since the day he stepped in . Even with senatori(ibra,silva) we played crap even against bad teams.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 664
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by celikmilan Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 am

We were champions because of Zlatan and Silva. We were second and not first last year because of injury to Silva after Allegri put him to play in the cup against Lacio even with a injury. And Zlatan was responsible for all those goals that scored Boateng, Nocerino and Robinho. And now without him and with, still young, El Shaarawy who cannot carry all season on his back it only shows that Allegri is not the right coach for some big club.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 285
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am

celikmilan wrote:We were champions because of Zlatan and Silva. We were second and not first last year because of injury to Silva after Allegri put him to play in the cup against Lacio even with a injury. And Zlatan was responsible for all those goals that scored Boateng, Nocerino and Robinho. And now without him and with, still young, El Shaarawy who cannot carry all season on his back it only shows that Allegri is not the right coach for some big club.
So basically what you are saying is that a good manager can win titles even if his team is crap? It is the players that ultimately play on the field. Yes, Ibra was very important to our league victory, so was Silva, Nesta etc. But you need good players to win. It has to be a combination of good players and good tactics. Good players alone can't win (look at Madrid's struggles right now) and neither can a good manager win with a crappy squad. Do you think Barca would be as good as they are today without Messi? Or do you think Inter would have won the treble without Sneijder? I don't.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 685
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by celikmilan Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 am

Il Diavolo wrote:
celikmilan wrote:We were champions because of Zlatan and Silva. We were second and not first last year because of injury to Silva after Allegri put him to play in the cup against Lacio even with a injury. And Zlatan was responsible for all those goals that scored Boateng, Nocerino and Robinho. And now without him and with, still young, El Shaarawy who cannot carry all season on his back it only shows that Allegri is not the right coach for some big club.
So basically what you are saying is that a good manager can win titles even if his team is crap? It is the players that ultimately play on the field. Yes, Ibra was very important to our league victory, so was Silva, Nesta etc. But you need good players to win. It has to be a combination of good players and good tactics. Good players alone can't win (look at Madrid's struggles right now) and neither can a good manager win with a crappy squad.

I am not saying that. I am saying that, love him or hate him, Zlatan was a leader on the pitch. I dont know if that was because they were affraid or him or they respected him, those mentioned players were scoring lot of goals. I know that we lost many great players and that B and G didn't yet bring adequate replacements but as much as i can tell we don't have any ideas how to play and how to score. We depended too much on El Shaarawy's pace and his good finishing and now when he is a little off form and is good watched during game, Allegri doesnt know how to reshuffle the team that we play better. I was really angry after the game and i know that he's gonna stay until summer but we are not playing good under him. A lot of our players are often injured and are new and they are not very good, but even our better players from last season who stayed are not playing good.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 285
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by KR10 Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 am

We can't blame Allegri this year, our team is in 7th which is expected given how Fiorentina, Roma etc have strengthened and we have gotten worse. I have given up on champions league places after today. Hopefully we can get a respectable top 5 finish and then build on the team over the summer.

I still can't believe we sold TS to save money and are going to miss out on the UCL as a result... Galliani is a massive idiot

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 293
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 am

celikmilan wrote:
Il Diavolo wrote:
celikmilan wrote:We were champions because of Zlatan and Silva. We were second and not first last year because of injury to Silva after Allegri put him to play in the cup against Lacio even with a injury. And Zlatan was responsible for all those goals that scored Boateng, Nocerino and Robinho. And now without him and with, still young, El Shaarawy who cannot carry all season on his back it only shows that Allegri is not the right coach for some big club.
So basically what you are saying is that a good manager can win titles even if his team is crap? It is the players that ultimately play on the field. Yes, Ibra was very important to our league victory, so was Silva, Nesta etc. But you need good players to win. It has to be a combination of good players and good tactics. Good players alone can't win (look at Madrid's struggles right now) and neither can a good manager win with a crappy squad.

I am not saying that. I am saying that, love him or hate him, Zlatan was a leader on the pitch. I dont know if that was because they were affraid or him or they respected him, those mentioned players were scoring lot of goals. I know that we lost many great players and that B and G didn't yet bring adequate replacements but as much as i can tell we don't have any ideas how to play and how to score. We depended too much on El Shaarawy's pace and his good finishing and now when he is a little off form and is good watched during game, Allegri doesnt know how to reshuffle the team that we play better. I was really angry after the game and i know that he's gonna stay until summer but we are not playing good under him. A lot of our players are often injured and are new and they are not very good, but even our better players from last season who stayed are not playing good.
Ibra was a leader. He left and was not replaced. Nesta and Silva were leaders, they left and were not replaced. What do you expect Allegri to do. What good players are you talking about. We have no good players bar a few youngsters who are too young to carry the team.

You yourself are saying that Boateng and Nocerino scored goals because of Ibra and now that he is gone they are revealing their true (average) selves. So that just goes to show how important Ibra was. You don't sell players that big and not even bother to replace them. And then you expect the manager to produce results with a joke for a squad? He is human, not a freaking magician.

Answer this question. What position do you think a squad like ours deserves in the current state of the league (with Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina having considerably strong squads and Napoli, Juventus and Inter already stronger than us)?
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 685
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 am

Il Diavolo wrote:
celikmilan wrote:
Il Diavolo wrote:
So basically what you are saying is that a good manager can win titles even if his team is crap? It is the players that ultimately play on the field. Yes, Ibra was very important to our league victory, so was Silva, Nesta etc. But you need good players to win. It has to be a combination of good players and good tactics. Good players alone can't win (look at Madrid's struggles right now) and neither can a good manager win with a crappy squad.

I am not saying that. I am saying that, love him or hate him, Zlatan was a leader on the pitch. I dont know if that was because they were affraid or him or they respected him, those mentioned players were scoring lot of goals. I know that we lost many great players and that B and G didn't yet bring adequate replacements but as much as i can tell we don't have any ideas how to play and how to score. We depended too much on El Shaarawy's pace and his good finishing and now when he is a little off form and is good watched during game, Allegri doesnt know how to reshuffle the team that we play better. I was really angry after the game and i know that he's gonna stay until summer but we are not playing good under him. A lot of our players are often injured and are new and they are not very good, but even our better players from last season who stayed are not playing good.
Ibra was a leader. He left and was not replaced. Nesta and Silva were leaders, they left and were not replaced. What do you expect Allegri to do. What good players are you talking about. We have no good players bar a few youngsters who are too young to carry the team.

You yourself are saying that Boateng and Nocerino scored goals because of Ibra and now that he is gone they are revealing their true (average) selves. So that just goes to show how important Ibra was. You don't sell players that big and not even bother to replace them. And then you expect the manager to produce results with a joke for a squad? He is human, not a freaking magician.

Answer this question. What position do you think a squad like ours deserves in the current state of the league (with Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina having considerably strong squads and Napoli, Juventus and Inter already stronger than us)?

i understand what u say mate. i mean yeah lot of champions left us, and some of our youngsters are taking this heavy burden while we have lot of mediocre players. and i have said earlier few times by now that i dont necessarily blame all on allegri.

but, are teams like sampdoria, palermo better than us that allegri is super content with the result that we got from them? absolutely not.

granted, fiorentina, lazio, napoli are better team in terms of form, but they are not that better team compared to players we have on disposal.

there are times that allegri threw result because of some hopeless substitution, tactics, and playing players who are absolutely out of form (boateng, nocerino.. so on)..

do i really want to see allegri taking charge of new team , say we have acquired some good players in every position,... do i still want to see the authority given to allergi who at times have problems even selecting proper players, in their suitable tactics?

no... 3 years allegri has been really hit and miss. and i dont wish to see another 2-3 years of extended contract given to him, that we just draw, or loose just because of his negligence. this season i dont blame him, but should get get proper squad on disposal, i am convinced he would still be hit and miss thing.

my simple opinion is that, sure allegri is deprived of top class players, but he still have some more than capable players like bojan niang and players like boateng whose situation as AM should be revised. this is just an example but i m saying, good coaches can still get the best out of players we have on disposal, by playing in position they are best at, or based on form. as a coach u gotta be very well informed, tactically to study players every atttribute; technical, mental aspects too.

i just thought allegri lost plot when he played niang as RW!!! niang would have done so much damage playing as CF, with boateng as RW, flamini and montolivo as midfielders , with bojan as AM.

bojan was played as striker... niang as RW..... boateng was b2b or winger or AM i dont even know what position he was playing as. montolivo was playing as RCM, then he played more central,... well it was as if players were scattered everywhere without their well defined responsibilities...

seriously if delio rossi, has all these years against allegri got a better result than him with less quality players on his disposal, i have every reason to think ... is allegri doing a better job?


Last edited by JespSwe on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 am

or this poll should go to general section because honestly i want to hear what neutral fellow posters would think, if allegri deserves another season and beyond... with properly equipped players in our team

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Allegri has been a mixed bag during his time with Milan i believe.

First i will note his negatives:
-Lost a Scudetto last season which we could have won
-Not resting TS last season which led to our departure of the CL, Coppa and unavailable for the Serie A
-Miscommunication with Pirlo, which led to his departure
-Stubborn in selecting lineups
-Questionable tactical decisions

And now for the Positives:
-Great at incorporating youth, SES and MDS
-Managed to control a dressing room consisting of Ibra, Cassano, Boa and Robinho
-Still grinding results with a terrible squad
- His preparations for CL games are spot on


External factors:
-He is dealing a president that is hypothetically holding a gun to his head
-Galliani isn't promising him anything in transfers
-The concept of not playing CL football next year, might fire him

Verdict:
I respect him as a coach and for what he has done for this club. But i think the time is over for Max, the anxiety of Berlu choking his job and Galliani not willing to comply with him financially is going to end him. He has been immense in transforming SES and the young MDS, and for going forward with the youth movement. No coach in the world would do any better than him with this squad, and he has done his job valiantly as a coach. What i see wrong with him is his tactical stubborness, in his first season he went with the 3 DM approach. He shifted Boateng from B2B to CAM to ST to RW and then back to B2B. He endorsed that stubborn 3 striker system at the Emirates last year which almost cost us. He plays Niang, a physical player, on the RW and leaves Bojan, made out of Paper Mache, as a CF and after all i feel that motivation doesn't exist in our squad and that nobody has faith in him. Cries of sensless "DAI DAI DAI" out of the bench and just no real justified approach to a game. That is my opinion on him, and if by some miracle we make CL, then i tip my hat off to you Allegri. But i think that someone with better vision of youth and a real tactical skull can put this project on D. Right now i think were on N and progressing slowly on a slightly inclined path.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24562
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

I'm siding with Gattuso, only Allegri can lead this Milan. He puts high trust in youth, and this season has proved he is willing to take risks with the players he has. People were talking about us getting relegated this season, even if it was a joke and we are still competing for Europe. Just watch, next season he will turn Saponara into a superstar.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Should Allegri Stay?  Empty Re: Should Allegri Stay?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum