RED
vizkosity
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Shinji Kagawa - Page 5 Empty Re: Shinji Kagawa

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Shinji Kagawa: We've learned a lesson

Shinji Kagawa has vowed he and Manchester United will use the disappointment of last season as a "trigger" to improve this term.

The Japan midfielder made 14 league starts in 2013/14 but was not entirely satisfied with his contribution as the Reds finished outside the European places in seventh. He believes team-work and honest endeavour is the key for both him and United to achieve success under new manager Louis van Gaal.

"When I look back, last season was tough," Kagawa told ManUtd.jp. "I will use that frustration as a trigger to express myself this season, challenging myself to do new things. I'll work hard to achieve goals and results. I'm really enjoying myself, it's my third year with United and I know my team-mates very well.

"We've learned a lesson from last season. It is important for us to stick together and work towards the same goal. We can do much better if we can bring out the best of ourselves. We want to keep succeeding in the manager's new system, and we want to win trophies. That's what the fans expect."

Van Gaal tried some of his squad members in new positions on the pre-season tour of the United States. Ashley Young was deployed as a wing-back, Wilfried Zaha played up front and Kagawa adopted a holding midfield role.

"It has been seven or eight years since I played as a defensive midfielder, but the important thing is I do my best in whatever position I am asked to play in," Kagawa said. "I have to achieve results wherever I play.

"The boss told me to be mindful about the distance between defensive midfielders and to be more conscious of the choices I make when I receive the ball – in other words, how I should help build the attack."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Aug/shinji-kagawa-and-manchester-united-will-use-last-season-as-trigger.aspx

Seems like he's staying.

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:54 pm

a rare good poster in redcafe posted this in the kagawa thread. clear cut unbiased opinion I think this one. worth a read. Smile

Reading the last few pages, it's quite clear that the Kagawa critics are 10 times worse than the so-called "cult of Kagawa". It's all just lies or wild theories from that side. Time to set the record straight:

1. Fergie did rate Kagawa
I can't believe people still doubt this! 75% starts in the league when he wasn't injured and roughly the same in the CL speaks volumes. Kagawa was clearly first choice for the left wing, and first choice for the no.10 position the moment Rooney or RVP was out.

2. You don't know why Kagawa leaves now
For all we know, it's Kagawa that pushes the move, not Van Gaal. And even if Van Gaal is the one pushing the move, you don't know the reason for this either. Mata is most likely the reason, but that isn't a critique of Kagawa in itself. It just means that Mata is prefered over Kagawa. But what if Moyes never signed Mata? There's a high chance Kagawa would have been a central part of Van Gaal's plans then.

3. Kagawa not making it for us does not equal him being unsuited for the PL
This is another trainwreck of a theory that only a person without any logic would be willing to believe. That or a hardcore anglophile. Just because Kagawa didn't move heaven and earth for the most static top team in the PL, it doesn't mean that he's unsuited for the whole damn league! The physicality was never a problem. In fact, he's better than Mata in most of these aspects. You can't blame the pace either, because Kagawa thrives under pace, unlike half our starting XI.

Conclusion:
The only coach so far that we know didn't rate Kagawa, is Moyes. Who cut Kagawa's playtime in half(considering injuries)? Moyes. Who made Kagawa third/fourth choice for the AM position instead of second? Moyes. Who decided to sign Mata? Moyes.

Do you see the pattern here? It's as if Moyes was on a personal quest to feck up Kagawa's career. You can say that we don't know what happens on the training ground, but Rio stated in an interview with Andy Mitten that Kagawa was the best player in training. The Japanese are known for being extremely self-critical and always blaming themselves, even when it's not their fault. But I doubt that Kagawa is able to go to bed without cursing Moyes a few times.

Fergie rated Kagawa and treated him well, which resulted in a decent first season. 6 goals and 6 assists in the PL and CL over roughly 1500 minutes is more than good enough for a new-born winger who's able to play no.10 as well. Moyes effectively ignored all this and went with a different approach(which didn't work, as we all know). And then, just to make sure Kagawa's United days were over, he signed Mata so that when the next manager came in to fix his mess, he'd have no choice but to bench him.

Fergie = rated Kagawa and added him to his strongest XI.
Moyes = didn't rate Kagawa at all and made him 3rd/4th choice both on the wing and in the no.10 position.
Van Gaal = too early to say. The only thing we know is that he prefers Mata, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't rate Kagawa.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Moyes had barely seen Kagawa at that point and wanted to learn more about a player about whom Sir Alex Ferguson had left glowing reports.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/26/chelsea-manchester-united-juan-mata-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

Yeah, he was rated by Fergie. He actually started his first season really well til he got injured, but it's not like he was terrible afterwards. Fergie said Kagawa's first season was just an adjstment period and expected him to make a bigger impact in his second season, so even more playing time. He also played him in the first leg vs Real Madrid, and when the media questioned him over why he (Fergie) dropped Rooney for the second leg, he said I'm surprised there's not more uproar about me dropping Kagawa or something like that.

Van Gaal said, Kagawa is one of his top three passers, so he obviously rates him, but there's also a chance Mata might be dropped if we move to 4-3-3, which would make Kagawa 3rd choice, in a team that is not playing a lot of matches this season. So, right time for him to leave.

Anyway, one player doesn't make a club we'll still be here once he's gone. Just a little frustrating how it all turned out.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 pm

In my opinion Kagawa should stay, I can see him adapting to LvG's philosophy and if we are looking to become a strong team on a long term period, we must have a competitive and numerous squad. Therefore Shinji should be kept, considering that he isn't the problem at the moment. Other players should depart.

I know he wants to leave, but maybe LvG has to convince him to stay. The results on the scoreboard can't convince Kagawa yet. Sad
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 pm

All the best to Kagawa (watch him beast in the Bundesliga now). Such a shame it didn't work out. I feel the players around him failed him rather than him "flopping". A player like Kagawa excells in a team with pace, constant movement in front of him, a team that encourage triangle passes, 1 touch football and quick tempo.

He never got that here. We also would have needed to build the team around him, which was never gonna happen. He was shifted onto the left, played at CM, rarely played in his preferred pos unless an injury required him to. RVP signing didn't help too, as I feel SAF had plans maybe to play Kagawa behind Rooney before he went out and bought RVP...? Then it was just a hope of Kagawa adapting to a new pos.

All in all, we're losing a gem, an awesome professional. He proved in the Bundesliga he is a top player. I wish him all the best for the future.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 am

Shinji Kagawa - Page 5 BwcG_jJIYAAEyvj

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:13 am

David De Gea wrote:Thanks for all mate! @S_Kagawa0317 !! We'll miss you!! Good luck on your new adventure.

Juan Mata wrote:I would also like to wish all the best to Shinji Kagawa, a fantastic player but especially a great person. It’s been a pleasure to be his team-mate and I’m sure both Borussia Dortmund and fans everywhere will enjoy his football again.

Proud

Sayonara Shinji...

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:49 pm

^ the Spaniards at the club are class

Shinji Kagawa - Page 5 Screen-Shot-2014-09-08-at-7.33.20-PM
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:00 am

Nice picture BB. Valencia, Clevs, Nani, Kagawa and Buttner? Players who departed or to be departing from the club. Except Lindegaard.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Is having a great second debut, played a nice through ball for the first goal (pass before the assist), and just scored :bow:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Not surprised. He's at a superior team who play superior fast paced football, a lot of movement and runners behind the ball, all qualities that bring out the best in a player like Kagawa. It also does help that he was most likely played in his preferred position?

Stick Mata in another team with the same style of play and he'll excel too.

Our style of play and the type of players we had around them is what's making them look/looked sh*t.

Hopefully that all changes with the new additions to the squad and LVG managing to settle the team and make them adapt and gell quickly as a unit.

We lost a gem of a player in Kagawa.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:20 pm

The movement is a problem, I agree, but I still think it had more to do with Kagawa playing out of position. Did he ever have a bad game playing as a #10 for us? I can't remember.

Mata might be a bit like Berbatov for us, a talented player that doesn't really fit the team. At first I thought it was a lack of movement too, but Di Maria is finding Rooney and RvP. So Mata, can do more. I've been a little more critical on him than the others, because he is the only one in the team that has good alternatives.

In saying that, I do think he can do better than he's showing right now, and I think eventually he will start playing better. Maybe, he's suffering from the 3-5-2? Sneijder also struggled in it for the dutch.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Everytime Kagawa played as a no.10 for us, which was a rarity, he always looked a threat. Found pockets of space, brought others into the play and in general, we looked more fluid and seemed to function better in the final 3rd whenever he played there. Rooney and RVP being undroppable was another problem for him.

Mata atm is suffering from a loss of confidence. He can do those type of balls that DM did, he's just afraid to do so atm. With Di Maria and Falcao, both creating space, making runs, I think and hope we will see an improvement in his performances for us.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Yep, confidence is definitely apart of it. Mata normally finishes that chance against Burnley easily. Idk, what are LvGs plans are, maybe new competition will push him even further. If he hits on, he can be better than the player we saw at Chelsea, since he's closing on his peak years.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5