Nirgall
Valkyrja
Die Borussen
Casciavit
82 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fifa Ballon d'or

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Vote_lcap65%Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 11 ]
Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Vote_lcap24%Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Vote_lcap11%Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 Empty Re: Fifa Ballon d'or

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 am

I'm not sure if Arq is kidding or serious.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 am

Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 am

Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 am

rofl
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:10 am

ARQ Laughing rofl

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:No there isn't a rivalry donuts, its fans like you who try to create the rivalry.. messi is in a league of his own..

Good to see a Madrid fan with sense. The gap between them is further than the gap between the sun and the sea. Maybe if Ronaldo was more humble he would get sympathy, but he is too arrogant.

I think the media is responsible for this image of ronaldo.. in truth we can never say how bad these players attitudes are.. unless its balotelli for instance Razz
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 am

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 10 0_9b136_785fb18e_L

Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:24 am

So much class :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am

Jorginho needs the trophy this year.

What a year he has had and it would be a crime if he does not.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:40 am

Does Jorginho have his own thread on here? Think I recall facing some backlash in one of these threads when I argued that he had a deceptively great, first season at Chelsea, despite being ridiculed for his lack of goals and assists. His lack of assists were almost purely due to the incompetence of their forwards at the time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:58 am

Arquitecto wrote:Jorginho needs the trophy this year.

we found the culprit
@M99 @Casciavit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:09 am

if I was journalist I'd vote Lewandoski because he was robbed last year

but no one 'll give him to him for this reasoning

At this point Messi, mainly for lack of opponents.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:16 am

El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Jorginho needs the trophy this year.

we found the culprit
@M99 @Casciavit

I thought it was a joke. Absolutely disgusting. No words for you Arq.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:19 am

Wait what I'm missing the inside joke Laughing Fill me in
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:25 am

M99 said on the GL chat that Jorginho was getting Ballon d'or shouts and I couldn't believe anyone would even have the audacity to suggest that.

We thought it was Rincon spouting Italian propaganda or something, but it turned out to be you ffs. Unbelievable.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:36 am

Gazzetta did too Laughing
So as to carry an Italian player for Pallone d'oro propaganda
I suppose they 'll change target now : Donnarumma
Prepare to Donnarumma propaganda for Balon d'Or
Nah, I'd like a GK to win it a day, but if Neuer didn't win it in 2014 (or Buffon in 2006) I think it never will happen
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 am

Casciavit wrote:M99 said on the GL chat that Jorginho was getting Ballon d'or shouts and I couldn't believe anyone would even have the audacity to suggest that.

We thought it was Rincon spouting Italian propaganda or something, but it turned out to be you ffs. Unbelievable.

I wasnt on GL chat today.

I just made my decision post game.

If you want me to be really real with you, I basically saw no game of Chelsea under Tuchel bar some so have little idea of how he fared. I feel he was stellar in the Euros but this call is due to how he won the CL & the Euros.

I just want to see a different name.

As for GL chat if it was Rincon he likely was hyping up Emerson for Ballon D'Or you know you'll believe me here Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 am

Sidenote: Actually in quiet fits at how disgusted Lascia is at my Jorginho calls for the trophy idk why Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:41 am

I like Jorginho as a player, but I can't accept anyone doing Ballon d'or prop for him.

The award isn't a participation award just because he was on two winning teams. No one was even talking about him after Chelsea's CL win. Did Chelsea fans even like him before the CL win? I remember them blasting Sarri for playing him as a 6 instead of Kante. He was constantly criticized for getting run over in midfield. Hell, some even considered him a meme midfielder.

Tuchel comes in and he switches to a 3-4-3 where Jorginho has more protection. Mancini has Italy playing a 3-4-3 in possession so Jorginho isn't exposed on the counter either.

He's great in the build-up, because he's quick on the ball, but there's nothing about him that stands out. I'm not even sure if I can call him a controller because he treats the ball like a hot potato. He doesn't provide any end product, he's physically limited, and he's not that great of a defender either. Good at reading the play, but he's just another #10 playing DM. He's the Walmart Busquets/Pirlo without their passing, press resistance, set pieces, and even defending.

Ballon d'or is an individual award and nothing about him individually suggests he should be nominated top 3, let alone win it. Chelsea and Italy still win their respective competitions if Kovacic/Locatelli had started in his place. He couldn't even score the winning penalty today. If England won would we be giving Mount Ballon d'or shouts? Saying Jorginho should win is like saying Rodri should win the Ballon d'or had City and Spain won the CL and Euros. At least when Modric won it you could make the claim he was the best midfielder in the world since 2014. Do people even consider Jorginho a top 5 DM? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The Ballon d'or shouldn't be about if there was a player on two winning teams. It should be given to the best individual player in a calendar year. The player who has had the biggest impact on his respective team and that can be measured through trophies and individual performances.

Sure Jorginho has the trophies, but I'm sorry he doesn't have the individual impact and no one is going to convince me otherwise. If you go from Kaka to Ronaldo to Messi to Modric and then to Jorginho then the award loses its value and it becomes a pity award. I really didn't think this needed an explanation TBH. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:05 am

Casciavit wrote:I like Jorginho as a player, but I can't accept anyone doing Ballon d'or prop for him.

The award isn't a participation award just because he was on two winning teams. No one was even talking about him after Chelsea's CL win. Did Chelsea fans even like him before the CL win? I remember them blasting Sarri for playing him as a 6 instead of Kante. He was constantly criticized for getting run over in midfield. Hell, some even considered him a meme midfielder.

Tuchel comes in and he switches to a 3-4-3 where Jorginho has more protection. Mancini has Italy playing a 3-4-3 in possession so Jorginho isn't exposed on the counter either.

He's great in the build-up, because he's quick on the ball, but there's nothing about him that stands out. I'm not even sure if I can call him a controller because he treats the ball like a hot potato. He doesn't provide any end product, he's physically limited, and he's not that great of a defender either. Good at reading the play, but he's just another #10 playing DM. He's the Walmart Busquets/Pirlo without their passing, press resistance, set pieces, and even defending.

Ballon d'or is an individual award and nothing about him individually suggests he should be nominated top 3, let alone win it. Chelsea and Italy still win their respective competitions if Kovacic/Locatelli had started in his place. He couldn't even score the winning penalty today. If England won would we be giving Mount Ballon d'or shouts? Saying Jorginho should win is like saying Rodri should win the Ballon d'or had City and Spain won the CL and Euros. At least when Modric won it you could make the claim he was the best midfielder in the world since 2014. Do people even consider Jorginho a top 5 DM? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The Ballon d'or shouldn't be about if there was a player on two winning teams. It should be given to the best individual player in a calendar year. The player who has had the biggest impact on his respective team and that can be measured through trophies and individual performances.

Sure Jorginho has the trophies, but I'm sorry he doesn't have the individual impact and no one is going to convince me otherwise. If you go from Kaka to Ronaldo to Messi to Modric and then to Jorginho then the award loses its value and it becomes a pity award. I really didn't think this needed an explanation TBH. Laughing

Jorginho's basically a meme choice, no? rofl

I think only Kante from that Chelsea side who realistically has any chance of winning Ballon d'or if he wins the CL-Euro double. Not Mount, Havertz, Azpilicueta, Christensen Laughing
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:36 am

Someone turned him into an internet meme at one point, because he went a full season with 0 assists. I don't know how most Chelsea fans feel about him, he certainly wasn't loved on here at the time, but his playmaking ability looked top notch whenever I watched him that season. Perfect example of how stats don't tell the whole story.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:50 am

The video started great but then it became a bit of a reach when they started including obvious offsides and shots from very tight angles. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:08 am

I love how pretty much anyone who was pitted (most very stretched) against Messi has bowed out from it. Now we have become as far as Jorginho... and even he missed a crucial penaldo, being "master panaldo taker" by media...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:21 am

Robespierre wrote:Gazzetta did too Laughing
So as to carry an Italian player for Pallone d'oro propaganda
I suppose they 'll change target now : Donnarumma
Prepare to Donnarumma propaganda for Balon d'Or
Nah, I'd like a GK to win it a day, but if Neuer didn't win it in 2014 (or Buffon in 2006) I think it never will happen

It started because Insigne said in a postmatch interview earlier in the tournament that Jorginho deserves a BdO
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:48 am

If anyone out of that chelsea team deserves a shout it's Kante not Jorginho, obbviously

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:58 am

Myesyats wrote:If anyone out of that chelsea team deserves a shout it's Kante not Jorginho, obbviously

Agreed. He might go down in history as another one who was deserving of it, but never actually won it. Then again, I expected that to happen to Modric also, and he somehow won it during a season when I don't think he deserved it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Myesyats wrote:If anyone out of that chelsea team deserves a shout it's Kante not Jorginho, obbviously

Agreed. He might go down in history as another one who was deserving of it, but never actually won it. Then again, I expected that to happen to Modric also, and he somehow won it during a season when I don't think he deserved it.

Yeah what I mean is what @Myesyats said. Jorginho is a meme choice, not that he's a meme player. It's not about the 0 assist thing. I know Jorginho is a regista, a deep lying playmaker, and good at what he's good at which is setting the tempo from deep with his passing.

However, as @Casciavit detaily explained, he didn't perform to that high standard across the last season. No matter how good he is in this tournament (he's very good) and in the CL final, but throughout the season he's not always this good. At some moments, Chelsea fans wanted Kovacic to play in his stead, he made some terrible mistakes, and generally wasn't as commanding as he is now. I think Modric in 2017/2018 though had some inconsistencies, but his iconic performances in that season and the world cup still had higher impact than what Jorginho does today.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next