Ganso
ronalessi
CBarca
RealGunner
Swanhends
51 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

North American TV Rights: Current Status - Page 8 Empty Re: North American TV Rights: Current Status

Post by McLewis Sun May 11, 2014 3:34 pm

I can just feel dat indifferent Yank rage that football has taken over their regular programming.

Twisted Evil

Last edited by McLewis on Sun May 11, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

North American TV Rights: Current Status - Page 8 Empty Re: North American TV Rights: Current Status

Post by RealGunner Sun May 11, 2014 3:55 pm

NBC Mad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun May 11, 2014 8:40 pm

NBC.. The effing goats. I was able to watch three games at once today not even at home or paying any sort of subscriptions for mobile / online. Just amazing
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun May 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Yeah, NBC should be commended for their GOAT coverage. I keep praying they hold onto the MLS, because while I enjoy some of Fox's web content, their television coverage is just plain amateur hour.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun May 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Fox sucks and their additional channels are even worse. Have no clue who would pay for their extra channels with literally nothing to offer..

I like it how Fox has the rights to the Spl but doesn't even show it on fox soccer plus or fox soccer 2 go or whatever even thought it's the only league they even had the rights for this season. They just showed Aussie league rugby and a bunch of other nonsense. I mean if you have the rights to a league shouldn't it actually be showing the right sport?? Ffs
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun May 11, 2014 11:45 pm

@VendettaRed07 wrote:Fox sucks and their additional channels are even worse. Have no clue who would pay for their extra channels with literally nothing to offer..

I like it how Fox has the rights to the Spl but doesn't even show it on fox soccer plus or fox soccer 2 go or whatever even thought it's the only league they even had the rights for this season. They just showed Aussie league rugby and a bunch of other nonsense. I mean if you have the rights to a league shouldn't it actually be showing the right sport?? Ffs

If their half-witted commentators can barely put together a decent, halfway coherent, intelligible or non-hysterical laughter-inducing analysis of matches boasting the Real Madrids, Barcas and Bayerns of this world, imagine how horrific and cringeworthy it would be witnessing them have a swing at it with the likes of Kilmarnock, Ross County and Dundee United...

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 12, 2014 3:05 am

I'd like to echo the sentiments. This season the coverage has been amazing in the US. Not a single matchday did I have to sit through shitty streams Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 12, 2014 3:29 am

Fox sports is shit and NBC did an amazing job and kudos to them

I hope fox loses the rights to the CL and soon.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 12, 2014 3:40 am

So who has the rights to the WC?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So who has the rights to the WC?
ABC and ESPN
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon May 12, 2014 4:17 am

@FalcaoPunch wrote:Fox sports is shit and NBC did an amazing job and kudos to them

I hope fox loses the rights to the CL and soon.
fo shizzle. fox deportes commentators are garbage.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 13, 2014 12:30 am

MLS announces new television deal today.

MLS is currently in the final year of TV deals with ESPN , NBC and Univision, which pay a combined $30 million annually on average. After an especially long negotiation period, the league has finally sealed new, 8 year agreements with ESPN, Fox and Univision that will run through the 2022 season.

The three deals are reportedly worth a combined $90 million per year, roughly triple what MLS was receiving previously. That’s still a fair bit behind America’s other pro leagues – the NHL, for instance, gets an average $200 million per year from NBC – but is a huge step toward closing the gap.

ESPN and Univision will remain as partners, with NBC being dropped for Fox. It’s worth noting that MLS will lose its (slight) connection to the English Premier League by leaving NBC, but the new deals have included some changes that seem geared toward growing the league’s television audience.

Principal among those changes is planned consistent scheduling. Similar to other American pro leagues that play their nationally broadcast games in a consistent weekly time slot, MLS will now play a nationally broadcast double-header every Sunday night. ESPN will also now control the league’s out-of-market games, which were formerly aired on MLS digital properties (basically MLS live gets canned and ESPN3 will serve this purpose and it is actually free).

MLS has developed a loyal in-stadium fan base that has put the league ahead of the NBA and NHL in average home game attendance, but television viewership has struggled. The changes to the league’s broadcast schedule should help increase TV viewership, which is key for the still budding league.

Plus with MLS expansion teams coming soon in markets like New York, Orlando, Atlanta and Miami, odds are there will be plenty of new fans looking to tune in.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue May 13, 2014 12:40 am

$90 mil per year is more than NBC paid for the EPL rights IIRC (I think that was $75 mil)

Damn MLS, Stunt on These H8rz

This is also first WC since USA '94 that will be played in a favorable time-zone for North America, I really think a strong WC showing could open the floodgates. Just our luck that we got drawn into the group of death :facepalm:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 13, 2014 12:47 am

$83 million per year to be exact, but yeah, the MLS deal is more.

I am interested to see what US Soccer is getting out of the deal as the MLS rights are always paired with the USMNT television rights.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 am

@RedOranje wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So who has the rights to the WC?
ABC and ESPN
Going to be adding the cost of adding ESPN for june and july then to the cost of purchasing a TV...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnm2Dc_IQAA3Vdu.png

Bhend's influence ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 14, 2014 5:56 pm

FFS I just might need to get cable again then.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Lol wut... Is there a large Welsh population in the US I'm not aware of ? scratch 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 14, 2014 6:01 pm

And that MLS deal is great news. Now pls raise the cap next season
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/epl-viewership-sets-several-american-records-for-2013-2014-season.html

A record 31.5 million Americans tuned in to NBC Sports Group’s 2013-14 Premier League coverage – more than doubling the 13.3 million who watched last season on ESPN, ESPN2 and Fox Soccer, according to The Nielsen Company.

NBC and NBCSN combined to average 438,000 viewers – up 99% from last season’s combined average on ESPN, ESPN2 and FOX Soccer (220,000).

On a cable-only comparison, NBCSN averaged 395,000 viewers, an 80% increase over the ESPN, ESPN2 and FOX Soccer average.

15 games (5 on NBCSN and 10 on NBC) averaged more than 750,000 viewers – up from 0 live games reaching that figure last year.

Viewers consumed a total of 259.2 million minutes of live Premier League action via NBC Sports Live Extra during the 2013-14 season.

Damn NBC, stunt on these H8rz
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 14, 2014 7:52 pm

@RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnm2Dc_IQAA3Vdu.png

Bhend's influence ffs

WTF why is the Wales derby highest?
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 pm

@M99 wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnm2Dc_IQAA3Vdu.png

Bhend's influence ffs

WTF why is the Wales derby highest?

I told all my friends to watch
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 14, 2014 11:46 pm

I rather doubt 3 people significantly altered the ratings numbers, bhends.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 11:52 pm

looooooooooooooooooooooooool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu May 15, 2014 12:19 am

@RedOranje wrote:I rather doubt 3 people significantly altered the ratings numbers, bhends.

North American TV Rights: Current Status - Page 8 Sturridge_Sad
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:53 am

So it's:

NBC: Premier
Bein: La Liga, Serie A
Fox Soccer: CL, EL, FA Cup

Anything I'm missing?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next