Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
McAgger
Nishankly
34 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool complete Sturridge signing.

Post by Gil Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

peerIess wrote:
The Ostracised One wrote:Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. - Page 2 320159_342888169137669_1819857746_n

Thank you.

Anyways, this transfer will not help. Daniel Sturridge is not an influential player, and an influential player is what is needed at Liverpool Football Club. He's in the same class as Fabio Borini skill-wise, yet Daniel Sturridge is an egotistical footballer that attempts to play way above his footballing limits.

You've obviously never seen him play. "Footballing limits", please....

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Gil wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

He won't at Liverpool either.

We'll see.

He won't, unless Suarez is suspended or injured. Even then I see Borini moving to the center ahead of Stug.

Doubt he would move to Liverpool if there wasn't chance he'd play his natural position. Like I said we'll see.

Besides despite his goalscoring record this year I'm still convinced wide right/left is still Suarez's best position.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool complete Sturridge signing.

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Gil wrote:You've obviously never seen him play. "Footballing limits", please....

Laughing
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

You may not have watched the 1.5 games where Suarez was played as an inside forward for us at the beginning of this season. Against Sunderland in our 4th PL match Suarez started as a wide left attacker and for the whole first half he got around 5 touches. His space was limited and he kept pushing back into the center leaving the left empty and Borini confused. Then at half time Rodgers moves Suarez centrally and right away we looked much better and around the 70+ minute he scored the equalizer for us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:You may not have watched the 1.5 games where Suarez was played as an inside forward for us at the beginning of this season. Against Sunderland in our 4th PL match Suarez started as a wide left attacker and for the whole first half he got around 5 touches. His space was limited and he kept pushing back into the center leaving the left empty and Borini confused. Then at half time Rodgers moves Suarez centrally and right away we looked much better and around the 70+ minute he scored the equalizer for us.

Blame Jonjo Shelvey.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

peerIess wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:You may not have watched the 1.5 games where Suarez was played as an inside forward for us at the beginning of this season. Against Sunderland in our 4th PL match Suarez started as a wide left attacker and for the whole first half he got around 5 touches. His space was limited and he kept pushing back into the center leaving the left empty and Borini confused. Then at half time Rodgers moves Suarez centrally and right away we looked much better and around the 70+ minute he scored the equalizer for us.

Blame Jonjo Shelvey.

Yes because it was a right center midfielders fault Suarez was marked by 3 players on the left side.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
peerIess wrote:

Blame Jonjo Shelvey.

Yes because it was a right center midfielders fault Suarez was marked by 3 players on the left side.

If there was a better attacking threat [see Oussama Assaidi, Nuri Sahin], Luis Suarez wouldn't have been double-marked. It's obvious that teams can see who the key man is when he is playing alongside world-beaters like Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Stewart Downing, and Fabio Borini.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 pm

You must be delusional if you think Sahin is great attacking threat (Assaidi just hasn't played enough to be commented on). Also blaming one player when the whole team was performing like shat is harsh but then again you've become famous for that here :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Sturridge is a pretty good signing in my opinion. He is exactly what liverpool needs on the RW and even CF when Suarez should be rested. He is talented and just needs to start regularly to show that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:41 pm

He is a bit of an headless chicken as a forward tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I say this constantly and people think i'm hating but maybe just maybe Liverpool are buying Sturridge because he fits the sort of inside forward they want to compliment Suarez and until they are consistently challenging for CL they can't attract any better?

What's an inside forward? hmm

:bow: :bow:

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:59 pm

The xcx wrote:He is a bit of an headless chicken as a forward tho.

Ronaldo was once considered a "headless chicken", just needs the right manager behind him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Good luck to him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm

He has talent, but it does depend on the system to use him correctly Wink

I always felt like during his Bolton days the big man-small man combo really worked out for him, the RF role was a hit and miss he is extremely talented and skillful and isn't afriad to try spectular things. However his "selfishness" some would agrue its actually a lack of a football brain really really hinders his game incredibly.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm

more mediocrity for Liverpool, then..

how much is the fee?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Liverpool have completed the signing of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £12m. hmm
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Ba and Llorente versatile inside forwards to occupy the space created by the false 9 Suarez? scratch

Also, please don't feed the trolls. Just ignore them or, if they're bad enough report the posts and they'll be dealt with.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:00 pm

NOBODY within the Liverpool group here has changed their opinions of Sturridge as said. If not enough proof than visit this thread. Plus here is my post:

I don't thf DS2ink of commented on this before. I am under the impression the signing o3 is quite a controversial let alone unpopular choice. I would say myself he isn't exactly my #1 choice to be our attacking signing. Yet does that mean he will not succeed? Does that mean he cannot be a valuable asset to us? Does the fact that we don't rate him that highly mean he cannot change our opinion of him? Lets start about Daniel Sturridges weak points:

-Highly selfish on the ball and almost to Mauro Zarate levels. Being selfish on the ball is one thing yet in a system which quintessentially requires the individuals to function as one possession based unit, this can be somewhat trouble some given that it can potentially hamper our final third play with his zealous and greedy play

-He hasn't shown that he is exactly strong with his weaker (right) foot. DS23 has an excellent left-foot no doubt as we have seen some of his moment with his right foot has left his fans wanting. He definitely has shown improvement yet once again one-footedness is quite detrimental to this specific possession based system.

-He isn't exactly a clinical finisher. This can be argued though as its based on his confidence which Sturridge essentially banks on.

-His want to play central just like any other young upcoming pre-Madonna who thinks he is Thierry Henry. This will have to be controlled by Rodgers. If DS23 is played central than fine as although I find him more effective out wide like Pato and Walcott (recently converted CFs). Might work as Sturridge playing central means Suarez can go out wide which in my opinion is better suited to Suarez.

Now lets talk about what he CAN do and how he CAN impress us:

-His left foot. Wonderful shot whether power, curlers, passes, free kicks and anything you can expect from a young revered talent.

-Dribbling and control: Sturridge is part of the recent crop of England youngsters who have shown near devastating close control & trickery of the ball following out in a rhythmatic coerver method of dribbles which is similar to the style of Cristiano Ronaldo and Arjen Robben. We can definitely expect him to trouble defences yet the question is can he do it centrally? Will Rodgers play him wide?

-His occasional final pass: DS isn't an individual you'd expect to have a passing vision judging by his general play yet occasionally I have seen brilliant moments of final balls from him scintillating from his left foot as we could definitely use a few better final balls within this system.

-He can carry teams when others are down. Under the 1st half of the season when Andre Villas Boas could not get the best out of his forwards, Daniel Sturridge was known to carry Chelsea well throughout the games with his game winners and excellent goals. 2nd half must be ignored since he was relatively out of favour with Roberto di Matteo.

-Has a solid tactical sense of awareness and positioning as evidenced by his impressive in box movement and excellent link up play.

Of course then there is also Bolton Wanderers in which he scored 8 goals in 12 games and saved Bolton from relegation with his vital goals for them.

-Is only 23. Same age as out-of-favour Andy Carroll.

-Selfish necessarily a bad thing? Yes it is yet it also represents the lack of confidence and swagger that we sometimes get from a very meek Stewart Downing and in some ways Jordan Henderson as surely that confidence has a certain backing behind it.

Truth be told I would have gotten many others aside from DS especially given his price yet I cannot deny his potential. I mean for his limits he used to scare the **** out of me when he played vs us as he looked dangerous on the ball all the time as its a testament to how lethal he can be towards certain sides. Yes he looked more dangerous out wide but what we have in our hands is potentially an exciting player who is at an age who can be moulded, is hungry to play and score and has potential of course.

There also was the 3 year battle of supremacy between Andy Carroll and Daniel Sturridge as putting price aside and Andy's somewhat underrated play and performances for us in certain times Sturridge in the end always was the more dangerous and effective player as I know some will not agree with me on this.

Old rule in judging transfers is how well the fans of the previous club rate the player as we all know how well Chelsea fans rate their youth product as whether he is moulded into a False 9, CF or out wide as usual I am confident he can come well into our hearts as a certain favourite. It will also allow Sterling to finally be benched whilst having a young yet experienced player to add to our depth.

Simple fact is Liverpool fans desired many other alternatives to Sturridge and we still stand by that we could have gotten a superior buy and for less money especially considering 12 million for Sturridge is a bit too pricy for him at the moment. Nonetheless we welcome him not only because he will be wearing a Red shirt but we acknowledge that he is an excellent talent who will bolster our attacking prowess quite well. Only difference is we never were such fans of him.

Now that he is a Red we can appreciate his qualities more which is fair. Plus we finally don't have to bear seeing his atrocious goal dances as I'm still in a state of doubt on how I'll react when seeing him perform such silly movements in the Red shirt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 pm

TBH Arq, I loved his silly goal dances even with Chelsea, even when they were against us. Something just so goofy about them...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:42 pm

stevieg8 wrote:TBH Arq, I loved his silly goal dances even with Chelsea, even when they were against us. Something just so goofy about them...

The dancer in me cringed with such fervour it hurt. Not only it was vomit-inducing to watch but it had some serious iodine to the wounds by his goals.

But....the sheer hypocrite in me will grow to love these rather questionable dances.

Two of the players who I want to see score just because of their celebrations. Borini (BOSS celebration) and Sturridge. The rest are boring in their craft.

Thus, I CANNOT wait till he scores.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:TBH Arq, I loved his silly goal dances even with Chelsea, even when they were against us. Something just so goofy about them...

The dancer in me cringed with such fervour it hurt. Not only it was vomit-inducing to watch but it had some serious iodine to the wounds by his goals.

But....the sheer hypocrite in me will grow to love these rather questionable dances.

Two of the players who I want to see score just because of their celebrations. Borini (BOSS celebration) and Sturridge. The rest are boring in their craft.

Thus, I CANNOT wait till he scores.

It just made me laugh to see that someone with the physical coordination to play football at a high level would pull THAT out after scoring. I hope it goes better for him in clubs...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Allen's goal was disallowed today but he had some weird celebration he was about to do. He had his arms up in a triangle over his head like a roof of house, I don't know what it meant or what he was trying to do but made me lol.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Borini (BOSS celebration)

Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. - Page 2 633945735

peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Oh and wouldn't Borini's dagger celebration be perfect for D.Agger? I just wish he does it once at least.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:28 am

What will happen to Borini? Laughing
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 am

Cotes wrote:What will happen to Borini? Laughing

Why would anything happen to Borini?

Borini-Suarez-Sturridge
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next