Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed?

+12
McAgger
Zealous
Highburied
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
chinomaster182
nichabr
la bestia negra
BarrileteCosmico
Luca
VivaStPauli
Kaladin
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL after a transfer be removed?

Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_lcap65%Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 17 ]
Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_lcap23%Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 6 ]
Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_lcap12%Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_lcap0%Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Empty Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed?

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm

The January transfer market has never been the best market and that has proved itself over the years. You get very few big transfers - all the big transfers are done in the summer. Do you think it would be beneficial or detrimental if this rule about Cup-tied player would be removed? Keep in mind the potential of teams being able to bounce back hard with big tranfers if this rule is removed, it would make the R16 unpredictable.

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Empty Re: Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed?

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes, I don't really see what's the point of the rule TBH, if they move domestically, they can play against their former clubs in the league, I don't see how the cup games are much different.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Empty Re: Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed?

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Added a poll see what you guys think
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 pm

No I don't think so. It would encourage even crazier January spending, in my opinion.
Plus the competition is rather short; I don't think it would be fair if a player could play for two clubs and end up winning the cup.

I mean this is all based on the tournament format.
Maybe, since there is 6 group games, if you didn't participate in more than half of the games then you could be eligible for another team after transfer. So you can play in up to 3 games with one club and still transfer and play

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 pm

I think the rule is in place so that players don't move out of their team in order to still compete in the Champions league if their team is knocked out. I'm not sure.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 pm

wouldn't mind it for player's who got slim to no playing time tbh
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 pm

no i don't think it should be removed because if a team gets kicked out their top players might get tempted to jump ship to the team that is still in the competition.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I think the rule shouldn't apply for those that only played one or two games in a squad rotating way. Some guys only play some minutes in a qualifier and bam, cup tied.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I mean it's not like by the end of January it's the CL semis or something. It's still the last 16 and still a long way to go until a team can win it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Should the rule regarding Cup-tied players not being able to play in CL/EL after a transfer be removed? Empty Does anyone hate the cup tied rule when a player moves club?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 pm

I know i f*cking do, don't see why a player should move club and not be allowed to play.

If a club signs a player he should be allowed to play....

Milan has Balotelli, we have Debuchy and Gouffran and Liverpool, ok they are KO'ed out now but they could have got through if the rule didn't exist had Coutinho and Sturridge etc etc.

You could argue i'm butthurt because two of our best players can't play and you would be right Laughing but i still think the rule is moronic.

Anyone agree?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29 pm

bump
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29 pm

I just bumped my old topic Razz
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Laughing i think the rule changing should apply to EL as well btw but i agree.

Plus i think my thread should be merged into this one :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

At least one addition should be allowed to play in CL.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I just bumped my old topic Razz

Why?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 pm

highburied wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:I just bumped my old topic Razz

Why?

Because canoes can't make donuts fly to the moon
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm

It would make things much more interesting for sure. ( Balo vs Barca hmm )

But I think there should be conditions. Like you can't play if you already played a set number of minutes with a team that has been knocked out of the CL already or something like that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 pm

FFS YES. If we had Sturridge and Coutinho playing that Zenit match we would be through right now Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:FFS YES. If we had Sturridge and Coutinho playing that Zenit match we would be through right now Sad

I agree with this, but honestly I'm not sure if I would have said it should be eliminated before our January window. I think that specifically the CL-to-EL bit should be removed, but EL-to-EL or CL-to-CL could perhaps stay.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Are players really going to want to jump ship just because they got knocked out of the CL?

I mean, maybe if that club wasn't making CL next season and they got knocked out, but otherwise I don't see that happening.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 pm

We signed two players from clubs who got knocked out of CL in January.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We signed two players from clubs who got knocked out of CL in January.

Is that why they moved?

Debuchy already wanted to move to you guys in the summer. I don't know anything about Gouffran.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Mbiwa was the other one.... Gouffran was from Bordeaux.

Also i don't know, i'm just saying that because they get knocked out of CL don't mean they don't want to move.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Oops.

My point is that I don't exactly get the rule, because I don't see players abandoning their club just because they got knocked out. They'd need more reasons than that or wanted to move in the first place (like Debuchy).

EL to EL is even less likely, and then moving between the competitions and being cup tied is just stupid IMO.

I guess I don't really see the point in the rule.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 am

Zealous wrote:It would make things much more interesting for sure. ( Balo vs Barca hmm )

But I think there should be conditions. Like you can't play if you already played a set number of minutes with a team that has been knocked out of the CL already or something like that.
I agree with this.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next