Il Diavolo
Swanhends
RedOranje
TalkingReckless
BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 29, 2022 10:11 pm

CBarca wrote:https://psyarxiv.com/ay9q5

For the record, I'll throw in what I was referencing as well.

Okay. Reading yours first.

So what’s the criteria for democrat or republican users? Right away, this study is just putting these people into arbitrary boxes. It’s not elucidated at all. Furthermore, the sample size is 9,000 people. Really now??

And even then, “republicans” were still banned at a high rate compared to “democrats”. Now all of a sudden, it’s justified because it’s misinformation? Democrats spill just as many lies and misinformation as republicans. Both sides lie and manipulate, so what actually is misinformation? Is it lying about masks working? Is it saying vaccine mandates are necessary? Is it lying about racism not existing? If you say yes or no to these questions depending on who you are, that’s bias. I’m not going to answer whether that’s right or wrong to say, I’m going to defend your right to say masks work even though I disagree. I’m going to defend your right to say capitalism is evil, even though I disagree, Point is, my argument about freedom of speech stands. And that study didn’t really say a whole lot of anything

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 29, 2022 10:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:False Accusation: The Unfounded Claim that Social Media Companies Censor Conservatives: https://bhr.stern.nyu.edu/bias-report-release-page

The authors of the study also suggested that claims of anti-conservative bias is in itself a form of disinformation, and that leading social media platforms have in fact amplified the right-leaning voices "algorithmically" to reach unprecedented audiences. The NYU study also suggested that this afforded conservatives greater reach than liberal or nonpartisan content creators.

There is no evidence to support the claim that the major social media companies are suppressing, censoring, or otherwise discriminating against conservatives on their platforms. In fact, it is often conservatives who gain the most in terms of engagement and online attention, thanks to the platforms' systems of algorithmic promotion of content," said Paul Barrett, the report's primary author and deputy director of the NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights via a statement.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2021/02/01/conservative-twitter-trending-as-study-claims-there-is-no-anti-conservative-bias/?sh=6ed4248f6883

Read the first article. I agree with a whole lot of their solutions.. but then they turn around and say the problems don’t really exist, after proposing solutions on the first page. Kind of contradictory. And for example, shadow banning DOES happen, particularly on Instagram, proven by trying to search certain people and they only show up when you put the exact lettering in. I could keep going on, but yeah.

Second article is just a hit-piece, not interested.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4