Doc
BarrileteCosmico
The Madrid One
Albiceleste
shinigami99
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why did Argentina play so badly today? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why did Argentina play so badly today?

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:53 am

juventus101 wrote:I personally think a 4231 should work very well. Something like this in my opinion:

Romero
Zanetti Milito Mascherano Burdisso
Banega Cambiasso
Messi Aguero Lavezzi
Tevez

I would also use that formation except:

Aguero-------Messi--------Di maria

-------------Higuain--------------

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Why did Argentina play so badly today? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why did Argentina play so badly today?

Post by rsinatra Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 am

Lavezzi was terrible , shouldve been redcard too imo, such a weak mentality.

Aguero should start next match...

I dont know what to do about Tevez. I like him a lot but he wasn't impressive.

i think Messi did what he could within the team's limits. There is no Xavi, no Iniesta there..

Milito was kind of slow.

I actually Zanetti tried very hard, it wasnt that bad a performance from him.

But as a good Brazilian, I have to write this: LMAO Very Happy favorites?????????????????????????????????? Guess who scored for Bolivia? A Brazilian! It's a preview of what's to come LOL /trolling
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:06 am

rsinatra wrote:
i think Messi did what he could within the team's limits. There is no Xavi, no Iniesta there..

sigh, he had one average game, typical kneejerk reaction

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:08 am

They need someone like Riquelme, imo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

dude you're bad ain't ya? lol that was a compliment to messi, i think he was one of argentina's best players last night. but this is no barcelona, they dont know each other that much, and yes xavi and iniesta are superior to any player there other than messi himself.

VAMOS BOLIVIA!! Moreno, Edivaldo!!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:07 am

"The draw won't change my planning. I am set on the tactics and we have the players to ensure qualification, so [this result] won't change our plans at all,"
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:18 am

I STAYED UP SO LATE.

And then I fell asleep 20 minutes before kick-off.

Should have gone out instead. Damnit.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:04 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:They need someone like Riquelme, imo.

yeah.....

i agree Smile
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:08 pm

It's funny for as much hate as Maradona got for poorly managing Argentina, it seems he was light years ahead of Batista.

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:11 pm

rsinatra wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

dude you're bad ain't ya? lol that was a compliment to messi, i think he was one of argentina's best players last night. but this is no barcelona, they dont know each other that much, and yes xavi and iniesta are superior to any player there other than messi himself.

Messi plays the Xavi and Iniesta role for Argentina though, he rarely shoots

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:01 pm

rsinatra wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

Yo rsinatra, ready to see Brazil teach Argentina how to do things tonight Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:03 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
"The draw won't change my planning. I am set on the tactics and we have the players to ensure qualification, so [this result] won't change our plans at all,"

cheers Good for us. Having Aguero not on the pitch is only a good thing for Brazil Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:05 pm

milanista99 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

cheers Good for us. Having Aguero not on the pitch is only a good thing for Brazil Very Happy

Indeed lol.

Why he won't play Kun and also Higuain, or even Pastore beats me completely.

Argentina needs one of those mercenary coaches - a non-argentinian sure-fire coach. Someone who isn't affected by the consensus in the country etc.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Di Maria should be played on the right....
he will be a lot more effective
Higuain and/or Aguero should start over Tevez if last game wasnt obvious enuf
Lavezzi was just pathetic.... there was nothing good about him
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Argentina badly needs Pastore to start. Banega is their only source of creativity from the midfield. Forget Zamparini's ridiculous quotes, Pastore is one of the best young playmakers in the world.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:51 pm

I think Messi should be more selfish, really. There were like 2 occasions where he could've easily smashed it in (like his goal v Man U or Kobenhavn) but squared it to Tevez and Lavezzi.

ADM's crosses can be easily converted to goals by Higgy, too. If times are hard and small, quick players who beat defenders easily aren't doing much bring out Higgy.

Things can turn out like Barca v Inter at San Siro 2010 for Argentina, if everyone follows Bolivia's showing last night..

I want this for next game:

---------GK-----------
-------Defence--------
Banega-Masche-Cambiasso
--Aguero--Messi--Di Maria-

If no goal in 45-60 mins

a 4-2-3-1 with the following attack:
-Messi-Pastore-Di Maria---
-------Higuain----------

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Crimson wrote:No Higuain no party

....or Barrios Cool Laughing

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:19 pm

That idiot Batista is not going to change his "tactics"(or lack thereof).
If your tactics are so bad that even Messi can't do much then even a 5 year old should see that there is a problem in the midfield. Banega can't be Creating, Defending and Distributing at the same time like what Batista expects him to do. Leave him to defend and distribute and throw pastore in there to attack

Also, I would start Garay over Milito and Zabaleta over Rojo.

Aguero and Higgy must start alongside Messi. Whenever Higgy starts we almost always win
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't know how a coach could look at all of the options Argentina has at the forward position on the current team and even some that were not chosen and choose Lavezzi to start. I know he is not usually that bad, but there is a clear gap in talent from him and Kun, Di Maria, Higuain and others.

It is quite clear that Argentina have a ton of similar forwards. short, fast/quick and need the ball to create goals for themselves. Higuain needs to start. If he played last night he would have had a couple goals. He is one of the best pure finishers/poachers (he sometimes gets critisized for this) in the team/world plus he has great pace.

It's weird. Everyone who coach's Argentina out thinks themselves. Just put the best 11 players out there and don't use Messi as a CMF. Also every coach seems to want to drop Higuain including his club coach's/ Perez and all he does is score goals.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cositomilan Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:01 am

argentina have too many defensive midfielders cambiasso,mascherano and banega and not too many creative midfielders thats the problem Razz
cositomilan
cositomilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:56 am

cositomilan wrote:argentina have too many defensive midfielders cambiasso,mascherano and banega and not too many creative midfielders thats the problem Razz

Enter Javier Pastore.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If you really think about it, Bolivia played anti-football. Tons of kicks, 9 men in the box, relying in opposition mistakes to score, the whole works. Same kind of tactics as Stoke and Madrid.

That is, these tactics were in fact an admission of inferiority. From this perspective, Bolivia were actually praising us :coffee:

LOL what a typical excuse, it's exactly what Barcelona fans say about INter back in 2010, and the same thing many people say about Barcelona(!!!) because of them keeping the possession and not letting the other team play.. and so on.

Bolivia were smart. Everyone knows Argentina are better, why would they treat them as equals? Look at what happened to RM against Barcelona last year... 0-5..

milanista99 wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

Yo rsinatra, ready to see Brazil teach Argentina how to do things tonight Very Happy

Hell yeah we're going to teach them alright!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:21 pm

LOL a lot of the people seem to miss the fact that I was trolling with that comment Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Lavezzi is not a bad player. Not at all. It's his shitty attitude that doesn't help him. He needs to learn to be humble and not bitch about every f'ing decision not going his way. He needs to focus all that on the pitch. He had some magical moments.

Higuain is badly needed, IMO. You need a natural goalscorer to make use of all those chances. Argentina reminded me of Bayern but without Gomez. I agree either Cambiasso or Mascherano need to be used, but not both. I'd like to see Pastore. Banega was great for me but he can't do everything alone.

Also, Zanetti = God.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Lavezzi had his biggest game ever with the national team, he was nervous and frustrated. I don't think it's fair being too harsh on him. Tevez, on the other hand, is used to playing this sort of game for Argentina and was absolute shit. I don't want to see him in the same pitch ever again. He simply cannot play with Messi in the roles he was given: LW & CF. Di Maria, Higuain or Aguero should all be ahead of him in the pecking order.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I agree, to me, Lavezzi did much more than Tevez did. Tevez was slow and lumbering, slowed passing down IMO and had 0 creativity.

I know most guys don't like playing with 4 enanos up front, but in this case it's best to just bench him. Once Higuain recovers you have a decently tall guy up front, anyways.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next