jibers
7amood11
guest7
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
89 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by white_star Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Just using common sense here but how is telling yourself your the best motivating yourself? A player has to put himself below the best and aspire to become better and better to be the best. If you say o I am the best it's not very inspiring

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

white_star wrote:Just using common sense here but how is telling yourself your the best motivating yourself? A player has to put himself below the best and aspire to become better and better to be the best. If you say o I am the best it's not very inspiring

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

have you ever heard of the self-fulfilling prophecy prophecy?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Nope I heard of being cocky and that fits the bill. Most players who know they are the best will not go around gloating about it. I know you will defend Marcelo because he is on your team and that's alright. For god sakes let people who are not faping about Madrid have their own opinions!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Ibra always talk about being the best in the world lol...as a firm beliIBra of Zlatonism ,i think Marcelo is right .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Feck whoever that shows fake humility, if you believe you're the best why belittle yourself.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm

It's obvious what he's saying. It's not meant as disrespect to other players but rather as a ideological framework that fuels his own fire.

He can defend his man once he's in position. He isn't in position as much because he has such a huge role in attack and because Ronaldo doesn't exactly slow attacks down his side.

He has some particular problems with tracking runners and marking traditional wingers, but nothing that would prevent him from being the best wing-back in the world...which is realistically what he is.

10x the player Coentrao is.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 pm

white_star wrote:Nope I heard of being cocky and that fits the bill. Most players who know they are the best will not go around gloating about it. I know you will defend Marcelo because he is on your team and that's alright. For god sakes let people who are not faping about Madrid have their own opinions!

heres a quick reference. you should check it out maybe you'll learn something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

also you are being very naive if you think that only some footballers believe themselves to be the best. all top flight footballers are told from a very young age they are the best.. they are constantly being told this, they get preferential treatment, more money than normal people can spend, and basically anything they want.

its normal for players to believe themselves to be the best because they have been told this every single day of their lives. they have been conditioned to think this way, because that is the mentality of a winner

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Its not fake humility, its just there is no need to tell every how good you are. Just be humble and play.

If your the best, you dont need to tell anyone, most people already know.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
white_star wrote:Nope I heard of being cocky and that fits the bill. Most players who know they are the best will not go around gloating about it. I know you will defend Marcelo because he is on your team and that's alright. For god sakes let people who are not faping about Madrid have their own opinions!

heres a quick reference. you should check it out maybe you'll learn something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

also you are being very naive if you think that only some footballers believe themselves to be the best. all top flight footballers are told from a very young age they are the best.. they are constantly being told this, they get preferential treatment, more money than normal people can spend, and basically anything they want.

its normal for players to believe themselves to be the best because they have been told this every single day of their lives.

How can multiple people be the best? Only 1 person can be the best at a time. Just because Somone says your the best to you to motivate you doesn't necessary mean it's true. If he is the best and he thinks he's te best more power to him. I am just saying I tell myself I can always do better I can always improve my job, my relationship, and anything else I try to be good at. As soon as I tell myself that I am the best I can possibly be while trying something I will stop trying! It would not motivate me. Of course that is just me so don't take it out of context.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its not fake humility, its just there is no need to tell every how good you are. Just be humble and play.

They likely asked him the question and he answered it honestly. Humble guys have made similar statements when asked the question.

I feel as though it's a genuine answer.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:44 pm

well i assume youre not a footballer and are not conditioned the same way they are, which is the difference we are talking about.

im not arguing that there can be more than 1 best, but you have to put yourself in their mindset. people are constantly sucking up to them their entire lives, so its not unnatural for them to THINK they are the best. regardless of the reality of the matter.

besides. marcelo is hurt he cant even defend his claim at the moment.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its not fake humility, its just there is no need to tell every how good you are. Just be humble and play.

I believe he was asked whatever he's the best fullback or not, if that was the situation he has every right to call himself the best. because frankly, he is.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

They likely asked him the question and he answered it honestly. Humble guys have made similar statements when asked the question.

I feel as though it's a genuine answer.

I wasnt talking about Marcelo, I already gave my answer to that. I dont have a problem with what he said honestly.

I was directly referring to what was said about fake humility.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Pedram wrote:

I believe he was asked whatever he's the best fullback or not, if that was the situation he has every right to call himself the best. because frankly, he is.

As I said, thats not the point.

You dont need to run your mouth of your the best, if your the best everyone will do it for you. Its not fake humility to do so.

Best leftback? Meh, maybe. As I said, I like defenders who can at least be average defensively so I am not that big a fan.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Why should anyone be blamed for thinking they're the best? Let them think what they want. Marcelo was just being honest, he's not imposing his opinion on anyone.

And the so-called fake humility, what's the problem with it? Is there any truly humble footballer in the top-flights? Nope, there is none. Does that mean there's a problem with them faking humility? Completely on the contrary, good for them, they are role models and will make their fans proud by acting that way.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 am

stunt wrote:Why should anyone be blamed for thinking they're the best? Let them think what they want. Marcelo was just being honest, he's not imposing his opinion on anyone.

And the so-called fake humility, what's the problem with it? Is there any truly humble footballer in the top-flights? Nope, there is none. Does that mean there's a problem with them faking humility? Completely on the contrary, good for them, they are role models and will make their fans proud by acting that way.

There is nothing wrong to think he is best. There is nothing wrong even with him saying that. There is nothing wrong for us to say he isn't.

However, it is wrong to mix humility with being fake. Humility is a virtue, it is a matter of character. Also, our society in general values the humility, especially in role models, and does not really value a role model that says he is the best, as it shows some signs of narcissism. Usually the stronger/ better/ faster does not need to say that, as he will be acknowledged by their peers. So, no, it will not make their fans prouder.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Watching Marcelo play sometimes makes me feel like my life has been worthwhile. He honestly is a joy to watch at his best. Best LB? For my money he is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Lahm is so crap these days i don't understand how anybody can rate him anymore. Schoolboy mistakes it makes you wonder whether he was actually a prime defender once upon a time

Also BC, lol at the title, way to build mountain out of a molehill

Lahm makes C. Ronaldo his bitch every time they meet. U mad?
nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 am

tbh he said, he believes he's te best because he needs to be cofident in order to advance. no big deal
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 am

I take David Alaba over Marcelo. He's much better defensively.
nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 am

Abramovich wrote:Believing they are the best when they are not and being associated with Real Madrid.

Yup sounds about right Laughing

Modric: Real Madrid favourites to win Champions League

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/12/05/3579630/modric-real-madrid-favourites-to-win-champions-league?source=breakingnews

I guess humility and Madrid dont go hand in hand Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 am

Best fullback in the world is De Sciglio :coffee:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Surag wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Believing they are the best when they are not and being associated with Real Madrid.

Yup sounds about right Laughing

Modric: Real Madrid favourites to win Champions League

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/12/05/3579630/modric-real-madrid-favourites-to-win-champions-league?source=breakingnews

The soon to be Madrid flop and ultimate seat warmer has spoken.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Its not as if full backs are stacked in terms of quality anyway

He is the best for me and certainly up there, got better at defending but really important for holistically on the left side and his impact is plain to see. hopefully injury wont hinder him that much when he comes back .love seeing him play
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

nandrolona wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Lahm is so crap these days i don't understand how anybody can rate him anymore. Schoolboy mistakes it makes you wonder whether he was actually a prime defender once upon a time

Also BC, lol at the title, way to build mountain out of a molehill

Lahm makes C. Ronaldo his bitch every time they meet. U mad?

Even Pereira from Valencia did. Its not hard to mark Ronaldo when he plays on the wing. Which is why i want him to play as a CF
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Surag wrote:Modric: Real Madrid favourites to win Champions League

Madrid??? since when did Modric learn how to run his mouth just by being in Madrid. the guys talks more to the press than he plays on the pitch. Maybe he is bored on the bench??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next