jibers
7amood11
guest7
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
89 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 9 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:53 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I thought havng Siquira in there was a clue that it was a bs list. No

And not having Sergi Roberto as well hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 9 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Sergi Roberto is a RB though. That list only has LBs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Ah true. My bad lol

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Sergi Roberto is a RB though. That list only has LBs

Abate is a RB hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Snek12 Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:11 pm

Why not.he is actually very good at attack. You cant be excellent in both attack and defense

Snek12
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:16 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH despite him playing badly in the WC match, I thought he showed great character, kept trying to at least do something. Failed horribly, but there's no coming back from an asswhoopin' like that.

Cannot say I agree. Him trying to do something constantly in our half was the main reason we were able to completely rape Brazil through the space left for Müller.
He let his team down in an inexcusable way in that match, even if others *bleep* up big time too.
Don't think you can lay claim to be no 1 left back in the world after such a stunt.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:21 pm

M99 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Sergi Roberto is a RB though. That list only has LBs

Abate is a RB hmm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37120-abate-is-the-best-footballer-atm?highlight=abate
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:46 am

Good that he considers himself the best, rightful attitude.

I don't buy CR7 makes him look worse, I think he actually benefits opposition are more cautious attacking due to CR7 presence from his flank.

Marcelo looks much worse paying for Brazil.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Obvious as *bleep* that Hala only watches La Liga Laughing

All talk and no substance

Let's name some top Leftbacks

Ghoulam
Alba
Azpi (who's really a rightback)
Filipe Luis
Alaba
Evra

Pretty sure marcelo is better then those by a pretty good amount. Alaba and alba are his only competition

I can't even name ten good leftbacks, the quality in that position is lacking

Sure there are players like alex sandro, gaya, gibbs, etc, but those players are a tier below these leftbacks i mentioned above
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:09 am

Alaba, R.Rodriguez, Luis, Azpilicueta, Marcelo, Baines, Alba, Monreal, Evra, Gaya, would be my top 10 LB's.

And I'd rate Alaba and maybe Rodriquez over Marcelo.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:30 am

ricardo rodriguez is not better then marcelo. please stop

also, lol @ lack of ghoulam. He shits over half of those players.

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:01 am

No mention of Siqueira :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:09 am

Formation wise, his defensive partners were, "marking is overrated" ronaldo, "tackle is overrated" alonso, "positioning is overrated" ramos.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:27 pm

terrance511 wrote:Formation wise, his defensive partners were, "marking is overrated" ronaldo, "tackle is overrated" alonso, "positioning is overrated" ramos.

Quite possibly the best comment I've read all morning. Perfect summary of how things are at Madrid.

Also, as a major fan of his, to see posters actually have him in their top 5 or top 10 is testament to how much he has grown over the years. Nothing is inherently wrong with Kick's list, his opinion and all that jazz though I'm not entirely sure what is the difference between Rodriguez and Marcelo that have him above the Brasilian.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:29 am

Yeah, rodriguez is not a bad player but marcelo is the left back at real madrid Laughing and he's one of our best players so you can't really objectively compare them
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:49 pm

there aren't 10 better footballers than this little man. not the best defender but what a footballer. fantastic lad.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:44 pm

fantastic season from the little guy. there aren't attacking midfielders nowadays with a seasonal compilation like that on youtube Laughing i've seen all kinds of fullbacks but no one with his quality. virtually a playmaker from that hybrid LB/LM/LCM role. unique player.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Still crap defensively though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:14 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Still crap defensively though.

this is not 09
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Elite footballer. Not just a good LB but overall as a footballer. Someone like Pep would love him in his team.

Guy can comfortably play in any position in midfield and flanks. Make final passes and score goals.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:51 pm

I have said this in our section but I'll say it here. Marcelo does 95% of the attacking job breathtakingly good but then screws up the final ball, he'd manage to hit a keeper with a sideways cross even if our player was standing a feet away from him, no kidding. The way he plays the final ball is so nonchalant. He'd legit have Özil level number of assists if his final ball was better

But man you could put 5 players on him and he'd just dribble past them like as if he was dribbling his kid in his back garden. And he doesn't do it to showboat like certain other players
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:08 pm

It's strange but he doesn't hesitate for a nano second other than on his final ball... when he suddenly seems to lose confidence. Baffling.

Fantastic player though if you like offense. Doesn't defend at all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:14 pm

The best LB in the world offensively. One of the worst defensively.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Better than Alaba offensively? hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:Better than Alaba offensively? hmm

Yes he is.

Offensively there's not a better LB.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Defensively he only defends properly when we play a big team. Just look at Betis' goal today. Dude has absolutely no care in the world. The environment he is in has allowed for that I suppose. Only Mou had a problem with his defending. The rest seem to not care
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next