The Franchise
Dante
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Catracho
Ganso
36 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Scolari named new Brazil coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Scolari named new Brazil coach

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
vladdy wrote:I like Dante too and I believe he is a top class defender.But why do some people say he is underrated?As I see, he isn't underrated; people rate him very highly. Laughing .

lol, to be fair didn't know people rated Dante so highly... you never see his name in people's top class lists of defender but he's rated fairly in this thread I must say Smile

Well, in my country are broadcasted 5 Bundesliga games per weekend at EUROSPORT 2 and I have the habit of watching few of them every week and I consider myself able to rate bundelisga players because I have followed their performances in the last three seasons.I also consider myself a big fan of Brazil NT team and I tend to watch more carefully brazilian football players .

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Scolari named new Brazil coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Scolari named new Brazil coach

Post by Catracho Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

noone in Brazil knows who Dante even is.

and on the part of Juan Jesus.. he was terrible for the U-20 and Olympic team.. very very terrible. Didn't have one decent game, nor was he even looked at as a future starter at Internacional.

Tale of two different leagues I guess
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Catracho wrote:noone in Brazil knows who Dante even is.

and on the part of Juan Jesus.. he was terrible for the U-20 and Olympic team.. very very terrible. Didn't have one decent game, nor was he even looked at as a future starter at Internacional.

Tale of two different leagues I guess

Well, I watched Inter and Juan impressed me very much this season so far.It is obviously that he can't be in the first XI, but I'd consider him an option for the squad. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:57 pm

so?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:00 pm

best brazillian coach ever Proud
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Brazil are going to be scary with both Oscar and Neymar nowhere near their peak.

Weak link is still Hulk though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Gil wrote:Brazil are going to be scary with both Oscar and Neymar nowhere near their peak.

Lucas will take his spot until the WC.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:People saying this is a good appointment...
I really don't know. Personally I believe in the "don't hire the same coach for the second time" principle.

Well fk me.

brb gonna put some money on Chelsea to win the title next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Was Ramires in the squad, I forgot all about him.... goes to show Brazil do have many options now....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:04 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Was Ramires in the squad, I forgot all about him.... goes to show Brazil do have many options now....

Nah he wasn't included the squad.

Valkyrja wrote:
Gil wrote:Brazil are going to be scary with both Oscar and Neymar nowhere near their peak.

I'd love to see that happen.

Ganso do you think Lucas is more likely than Bernard to take Hulk's spot? It's cool to see some of the younger brazillian talent getting a run but don't get to watch them play enough to know.

The other option is an attacking trio of Neymar - Oscar - Lucas is made up of smaller/slight players. While not an issue I think Scolari prefers having a few more physical players in the squad.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Doubt it, he should as should Bernard but i think that Brazilian line up is pretty set in stone for the WC.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 pm

lszanto wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Was Ramires in the squad, I forgot all about him.... goes to show Brazil do have many options now....

Valkyrja wrote:

Ganso do you think Lucas is more likely than Bernard to take Hulk's spot? It's cool to see some of the younger brazillian talent getting a run but don't get to watch them play enough to know.

The other option is an attacking trio of Neymar - Oscar - Lucas is made up of smaller/slight players. While not an issue I think Scolari prefers having a few more physical players in the squad.

He has Fred in attack and Paulinho and Gustavo in midfield. Hopefully he will call up Fernandinho
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Valkyrja wrote:

He has Fred in attack and Paulinho and Gustavo in midfield. Hopefully he will call up Fernandinho

Yeah could happen with his move to City if he can have a good season. Only issue is he seems very very set with the squad he has. Oscar has been way overused this season yet he still starts every game, Hulk probably doesn't warrant a start and still does every time.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:47 pm

lol scolarii won't change his core team  . you guys don't remember back in 2002 ? he took scrubs like Edílson and luizao, and left out  jardel, sony anderson and giovane elber ?

he also didn't take juninho P , ze roberto and deco  despite their good performances in europe .

i'm affraid the players you want to see won't get in even if they perform good next season .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Im only pissed he didnt call up Deco, cant believe Portugal caught him
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 pm

farfan wrote:lol scolarii won't change his core team  . you guys don't remember back in 2002 ? he took scrubs like Edílson and luizao, and left out  jardel, sony anderson and giovane elber ?

he also didn't take juninho P , ze roberto and deco  despite their good performances in europe .

i'm affraid the players you want to see won't get in even if they perform good next season .

I don't think he should make changes tbh.... the squad is fine as is.

Maybe some benched players could be moved out for more deserving.... like for example Jadson shouldn't be there and a few others but i can't see any of the starters not being at the WC tbh and rightly so quite frankly.

When you beat 2 of your 4 major contenders then you are obviously doing something right.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Juninho Paulista started a few games in the WC, Ze Roberto was a bench player at best, and Deco wasn't playing at the level he would eventually play. Deco playing for Portugal had nothing to do with Felipao. I don't remember many people at the time complaining about those omissions.

Felipao took over a team in disarray and won the WC. Say what you will about the rest of his career but that was impressive.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Coutinho and Levia better get called up for the world cup. I know they'll have blistering seasons if they avoid any serious injuries.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Leiva isn't good enough. Sandro, Paulinho, Hernanes and Luis Gustavo are all guaranteed spots.

Coutinho has tons of competition with Diego, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Bernard, Hulk, Lucas, Willian etc.

Not a sure thing either.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:43 pm

lol @ Diego,Dinho and Kaka no way those guys go to the wc
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:46 pm

McAgger wrote:Coutinho and Levia better get called up for the world cup. I know they'll have blistering seasons if they avoid any serious injuries.

Leiva doesn't have a hope in hell, not that he isn't good but Brazil use different types of midfielders.

Ramires is more likely or Fernandinho if he lights the PL up.

Coutinho might have a chance if he does well, but he won't start that is Oscar's spot locked down.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Lucas could compete with Gustavo, since both are DM's.

Ramires with Paulinho.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 am

If Leiva of 2011-12 shows then he'd walk into this Brazil side no questions asked. However, I don't know if he's ever going to get back to that level.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:45 am

McAgger wrote:If Leiva of 2011-12 shows then he'd walk into this Brazil side no questions asked. However, I don't know if he's ever going to get back to that level.

Its nothing to do with quality.... its to do with fulfilling roles and Gustavo and Paulinho are the best Brazil has for the roles they are asked to fulfil.

Lucas is a completely different type of player and the position and role he excels at doesn't exist in this team.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:56 am

Knowing Scolari and how he worked in 2002, the group is almost closed.He does not give up on players he likes, and when he doesnt like someone (Ronaldinho,Ramires,Romario) its very unlikely that they get called up again.When you look at his starting 11, i see almost no one that can potentially get out of the line up.The only one is Hulk, and thats probably because he will be competing with the likes of Bernard/Lucas/Coutinho.Lucas HAS to turn it up in PSG or else he will be forgotten, Scolari is a huge fan of Bernard and Coutinho will be a instant starter if he pulls up the ridiculous stuff he did at Liverpool .
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:15 am

Gil wrote:Leiva isn't good enough. Sandro, Paulinho, Hernanes and Luis Gustavo are all guaranteed spots.

The only one that comes close to that list is Luis Gustavo.

Paulinho and Hernanes are different players.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next