LeVersacci
SuperMAG
Blue Barrett
90 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

January Transfer Rumours - Page 7 Empty Re: January Transfer Rumours

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ignore Surag he is trolling because we wanted Debuchy.....

Just like he trolls every Newcastle player known to man....

Debuchy is miles better than Arbeloa.

I have to LOL @ Barrett thinking Chelsea chose Azpi over him...Debuchy made his choice in the summer he wanted us.... he said so himself he didn't want to join just anyone but he wanted to join us but Lille's Owner destroyed that.

Either way, Azpi is better Razz

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Debuchy is better than Arbeloa because he's better at attacking? hmm
We dont need Debuchy to be offensive, we have Marcelo for that.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:07 pm

It was a money issue Mole. Newcastle was cheap and Lille didn't cave in... it was an issue of precedent with Lille. They didn't want it to be known that they would cave in. Milan tried the same tactic to get Mbiwa and failed.

With the new TV contract, the new stadiums and the increased marketability of the league as a result of PSG and Bein Sports, these owners have extra cash.

You're not going to be able to get deals from top Ligue 1 teams anymore. That's finished.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:07 pm

The xcx wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Debuchy is better than Arbeloa because he's better at attacking? hmm
We dont need Debuchy to be offensive, we have Marcelo for that.

Yeh, I was just wondering whether that was the reason he's better than Arbeloa.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Fair enough i'm not bothered about that lol, Azpi is a great fullback too Thumbs up

Debuchy is a complete fullback... defensively he's a lot betterthan people here are giving him credit for.... because Alba went past him when he was playing in midfield means nothing.

Going very forward he's great and has a fantastic engine he would be a great signing for Madrid.

Sports as far as i aware we had a bid accepted 3 times and 3 times Lille's chairman had a change of heart.

There was a bigger issue than money this sounds like sour grapes but he has been quoted many times how he didn't doesn't like us and did not want to sell us.... we don't have a good relationship with him ever since the Cabaye deal.

Otherwise i think we would have signed him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Debuchy has become a good defender... he's doesn't attack at all like Marcelo btw. He just makes speed runs wide and centers the ball. He doesn't dribble or hang around when his run is over. Completely different players.

And btw, you need both fullbacks to attack and defend. you can't be one sided. Agains better defenses, it makes things too easy as they only need to worry about 2/3 of the width.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I understand but not rly a fan of 2 attacking fullbacks, Its a nice gesture but Id prefer one to stay at the back. Those 2 going forward would make RM vulnreable to Counter attacks imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 pm

attacking fullback or not anything at the moment is better than arbeloa as it feels like we are playing down a man when he plays.

gone are the days of him being able to pull off the 7/10 performances every game.

debuchy? sure. i really dont know too much about him, ive only seen him play in the midfield for france. but there is no way he can do worse than arbeloa atm.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:54 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/demba-ba-buyers-scared-off-by-his-30m-price-package-8393692.html

That would explain why no one has bought him yet because quite frankly the interest for a striker with such a fantastic record who has a clause of 7.5m was very low.

So this would explain why because his all round game is not good enough to be worth 30m...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 am

Aren't Newcastle planning to get rid of hat 7.5m clause in his contract?

Someone better buy him before they do. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/demba-ba-buyers-scared-off-by-his-30m-price-package-8393692.html

That would explain why no one has bought him yet because quite frankly the interest for a striker with such a fantastic record who has a clause of 7.5m was very low.

So this would explain why because his all round game is not good enough to be worth 30m...
Woah... That would definitely explain why the great swell of interest which most media outlets predicted never really materialized. Simply on face value, Ba is certainly worth 7.5 million in transfer fees, but for the entire package to top off aroud 30 mil... I don't know that he's that good or that reliable. He's certainly a good, productive striker when played through the center. However, he's not a player to build a team around. He's probably in the prime of his career already (at 27), he's had health issues (worrying enough for several transfesr to fall through), and he's not really a striker that will drag a team forward. While he can certainly change a game with his quality of play, he can also be removed from a game by cutting out the service he gets.

Mole can vouch for the fact that I'm a fan of Ba (I tipped him to succeed when he first moved to Newcastle). However, when viewed in this light, it makes sense that clubs haven't been cuing up to enlist his services. The clubs that can afford him, don't think he's worth the expenditure for the return, and the clubss that really need his services can't afford him.

Conundrum... hmm
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Exactly quite frankly he's a wonderful striker.... as long as you provide from a decent amount of service he will score its simple as that tbh.

But quite frankly is his all round game good enough for someone to splash over 15m?

Nope not for me although i wouldn't accept 15m because i would like to get more than what a player is worth Razz ( you can see the effect Ashley has had on mental attitude Razz )

None the less i can't see teams spending this much money on him so i think it's more likely he will stay.

Whether he will sign a new contract or leave when his contract is up is for debate.

I hope he gets rid of his entourage though because they are pure poison.... they get 5m for any transfer that involves Ba :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Exactly quite frankly he's a wonderful striker.... as long as you provide from a decent amount of service he will score its simple as that tbh.

But quite frankly is his all round game good enough for someone to splash over 15m?

Nope not for me although i wouldn't accept 15m because i would like to get more than what a player is worth Razz ( you can see the effect Liverpool/Carroll has had on mental attitude Razz )

None the less i can't see teams spending this much money on him so i think it's more likely he will stay.

Whether he will sign a new contract or leave when his contract is up is for debate.

I hope he gets rid of his entourage though because they are pure poison.... they get 5m for any transfer that involves Ba :facepalm:
Fixed for you... Razz

As for whether he'll stay or go at the end of his contract, I think it will likely depend on Pardew/Cisse/his age at the end of the contract.
- If Pardew continues playing his current long-ball tactics, Ba will probably stay. He has actually proven himself a very good target striker at times (not to downplay his technical ability), and he is very good at holding up play and offering an outlet to the defense/midfield on the counter.
- If Cisse continues his poor form, Ba will continue to be the preferred striker for "big games" and is unlikely to be pushed to the wing as he was when Cisse first arrived. While I know you (Mole) liked the 4-3-3 from a tactical and squad-fitting standpoint, it was effectively pushing Ba out of the squad (and rightly so as he sank to relative obscurity after February).
- I honestly don’t know how long his contract runs. If he’s < 30 when it runs out (and he’s still performing, of course), I think that Newcastle will at least try to resign him. There are plenty of factors that could scupper any deal, such as wage demands, playing time, agent fees, etc. however, I think the effort will be made.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 pm

The agent of Arsenal and Liverpool striker target Mauro Zarate has claimed that the player is set to stay at Lazio.

Zarate has been linked with a move away from Serie ‘A’ in recent weeks, with the Reds and Gunners two clubs reported to be keen on the 25-year-old Argentine.

However, representative Luis Ruzzi insists his client is unlikely to move away from the Eternal City in the New Year, with a €10 million asking price likely to be the major stumbling block for any interested party.

"Mauro is not going to leave Italy, he will stay at Lazio," said Ruzzi, according to Sky Sports.

"Lazio want nearly €10 million for the transfer of Mauro, who is in contract until 2014, and it's not easy to find who wants to buy."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Zarate is not our target.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Zarate rofl rofl rofl
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

How's Zarate by the way, haven't heard of him for a while hmm
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:47 pm

He is crap, Birmingham rejected him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Arsenal should buy Beckford :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:04 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Fixed for you... Razz

As for whether he'll stay or go at the end of his contract, I think it will likely depend on Pardew/Cisse/his age at the end of the contract.
- If Pardew continues playing his current long-ball tactics, Ba will probably stay. He has actually proven himself a very good target striker at times (not to downplay his technical ability), and he is very good at holding up play and offering an outlet to the defense/midfield on the counter.
- If Cisse continues his poor form, Ba will continue to be the preferred striker for "big games" and is unlikely to be pushed to the wing as he was when Cisse first arrived. While I know you (Mole) liked the 4-3-3 from a tactical and squad-fitting standpoint, it was effectively pushing Ba out of the squad (and rightly so as he sank to relative obscurity after February).
- I honestly don’t know how long his contract runs. If he’s < 30 when it runs out (and he’s still performing, of course), I think that Newcastle will at least try to resign him. There are plenty of factors that could scupper any deal, such as wage demands, playing time, agent fees, etc. however, I think the effort will be made.

Thing is with the long ball thing that it doesn't even suit Ba that while... he's good at feeding off knockdowns and scoring from driven crosses from wide areas.... but Cisse is not going to provide the knockdowns....

I liked the 4-3-3 because the front 3 roamed and interchanged and didn't have set positions and the movement of a wooden stool.

I honestly don't mind if Cisse plays wide ( not ideal though i know) as long as the movement is good, the front 3 are interchanging and swapping positions causing havoc to defences.

We did this against Wigan and i think Ba and Cisse are both better players when they are allowed to move from thier positions, link up and roam.

When we play 4-4-2 apart from the obvious issues both of them have the movement of a log and don't link up at all.

I would like to see this until January.....

Anita Tiote
Ben Arfa Marveaux Cisse
Ba

Marveaux in the Cabaye role he excelled it against Wigan and HBA, Cisse and Ba interchanging, roaming and linking up.

As i said it's not really ideal but i feel both Cisse and Ba are better footballers when they are allowed to move across the front line, drop deep, run in behind and link up.

As a front 2 they Carroll look like Suarez, the movement and understanding of roles is abysmal but as a front 3 they seem to be able to link up and get in goalscoring positions more easily.

Of course the other positive behind all of this is that we can control matches more easily and create more chances for the front 3 as a result.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Zarate hasn't been a serious target since Woy was at Anfield.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Apparently we are getting Diame for 3.5m(release clause), just what we need as regards to midfielders tbh.

If it is true, hopefully we can sort out the defence and the forward line then i'll be happy.

Lots of IFS mind.

He's out for 3 months after getting injured today... we can forget that idea and basically anyone else who was interested Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Arsenal are looking to sign Gustavo.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Alan Pardew has been given assurances he will be able to strengthen his Newcastle United squad in the January transfer window after the gamble not to sign more players in the summer backfired.

Reinforcements: Newcastle may need to sign a new striker to replace Demba Ba if he leaves during the January transfer window and could also bring in a right back, centre back and a winger

He is now likely to renew his interest in France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, but a striker also remains a priority.

Debuchy is the most likely new arrival, although the Magpies have also been watching Blackpool’s Thomas Ince and are looking at buying a new centre-forward, in case Demba Ba’s £7 million release clause is activated, and a centre back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9733186/Alan-Pardew-told-he-can-strengthen-Newcastles-squad-in-the-transfer-window-after-poor-start-to-the-season.html

I'll believe that when i see it Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Zarate was actually good for B'Ham.

They didnt reject, they couldnt afford him.

He's better than Gervais, but you still shouldnt get him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 pm

The Messiah wrote:Arsenal are looking to sign Gustavo.

Would you sell ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next