Sina
Amar
Wilson37
djoe26
Jay29
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Wenger says Giroud was tired and had to come off. Surely Chamakh should have been on the bench then ?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 am

Art Morte wrote:Nice result, now we only need to win against Swansea.. :coffee:

Dont worry no mater what you do, we both will finish out of top 4.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:09 am

RealGunner wrote:Wenger says Giroud was tired and had to come off. Surely Chamakh should have been on the bench then ?

Fatigue...in November? :facepalm: Can't wait for your excuse in April. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am

Arsenal against Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich & Villa, collected 3pts. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehpets Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 am

I like Wenger but how amny times ahve we heard the argument after a champions league match " we were physically jaded ". Surley if he is by choice or even worse by necessity picking jaded players then we have massive problems.

Also what REALLY REALLY annoys me about Wenger is the fact he said he didnt bring on wilshere becasue he was tired and the conditions were bad for someone just back from injury. The weather was shit before the match and Wenger knew he was tired so it beggers the question WHY IS HE ON THE *bleep* BENCH IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE HIM !!!!!! WTF WENGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont need to manager a club for 30 years to see that

Nehpets
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:44 am

Has Wenger tried Flopolski as a striker at least for a game?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 am

Yeah, the first game of the season against Sunderland for about an hour. Admittedly, it didn't work though: I put it down to it purely being the first game of the season and with the new arrivals, we were evidently trying our best formation.

Since then, Podolski has been deployed on the wide left; substituted off on every game; and in some instances, spent most time playing as a left back 2.0

I personally feel we'll get more from him as a SS. That way, he can do what he does best and that it shoot more freely from around the 25 yard region
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:57 am

RealGunner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Cazorla was shit tonight so was oxlade and podolski

Ramsey was our best midfielder.
Our wings looked like shit because Ramsey was right behind them at every step. He useless, and everyone of his shots were so off goal it wasn't funny, what game were you watching were Ramsey was our best midfielder?

Let me guess, Cazorla was better than him and so was arteta for you ? Blaming him for our poor crossing is really silly
the issue is Cazorla and Arteta would surely play well in other matches.. Ramsey is consistently flop.. he gets a start after long and this is how he plays...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 am

Wenger"No [complaints] because we tried, we had the right attitude, we lacked a little bit of fluency and accuracy in the final third," he told BBC Sport.

hmm scratch smoking
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 am

how come Wenger is not trying Podolski as a striker ?? I'm fed up with so many players out of their position. Anyways, the 4th place, we aim so basta
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 am

RealGunner wrote:Wenger says Giroud was tired and had to come off. Surely Chamakh should have been on the bench then ?

Guessing he felt Gervinho down the middle was the next best option.

---

Wenger: "Can I show you (the media) what you wrote about us in September last year? You seem to forget what you write." http://bit.ly/UFpqyX
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 am

Wenger slowly losing it and its sad to see the way he behave these days. I am a Wenger fan and have always supported him but if he we dont win anything this year then i think he should leave.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by evian Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:42 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm sure none of the fans chanting "you don't know what you're doing" have ever managed a football team before. However, that does not mean they cannot criticise, and Wenger managing for a long time does not make him impervious to that criticism.

He's entitled to hit back. Quite frankly I would be just as irate if I was in his position. However, after the substitution provoked such a reaction from the fans, simply saying "I don't have to explain" is not going to help the situation any.

I don't need 30 years of experience managing a football team to know that removing one of your top scorers for a defensive midfielder when you need a goal is not a logical move.

Also, while I know it's all just words at the end of the day, I am genuinely sick of this comment after every game:

"We lacked a bit of sharpness today in the final third. Physically we were jaded."

When are we not jaded and lacking sharpness? :facepalm:

It's such a frustrating excuse because the solution is so simple, yet we seemingly ignore this solution every time this problem comes up.

Totally agree with you.

I have much respect to Wenger, but I really lose the patience to see Ramsey playing on the field and really cannot understand the substitution of Coquelin for Giroud.

sigh.

evian
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:56 pm

hmmm , great title Jay Wink , well Arsenal never do enough 2b fair and that's it why we are where we are....lack of discipline ,ambition ,respect ! n bla bla...what a shame really.
Well as for Ramsey i just can't blame him as much even thought he isn't that good (average player)imo ...however Coquelin for Giroud so what ? He tryed to do something at least (yeah he is a very talented guy imo)but Giroud n Podolski are just making me nerves...what a poor strikers...that's why we "never win" according to the past also...Adebayor,Bendtner(never impressed me) n Chamakh ! and now P&G ....not Arsenal level till now ! We REALLY need ambitious players a sort of em who are hungry to score n succeed ....don no how to explain...well We need a "basTard one" Smile with no fear ! in positive thought...>
As for Wenger .... Swap ! Wink ...lol

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:46 pm

i was at the game . the weather was miserable . i thought we stepped it up a little in the second half although that wasnt that hard given the tripe in the first . i thought oxlade chamberlain and giroud were our best players. we haven to improve in the next match
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Were the fans really abusing wenger tim ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 pm

i didnt hear the fans abusing wenger, the only chants i heard were those of support for arsenal, however i was sitting right opposite the section of the stadium the arsenal fans were
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Wenger on criticism from fans & media: "I've only managed 1600 games and 200 Champions League games" -

Says it's "absolutely ridiculous" for the media to ask him about fans' chants.

http://bit.ly/V0I8Q0

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 am

Wenger is starting to get on my nerves.

Never thought I would say that.

Those same old excuses about 'not being sharp enough in the final third.'
Those weird and far too late substitutions.
The obsession with Ramsey and midgets in midfield. Can we have someone who doesn't get pushed over please?
Rotating players. Like we are in a position where we have a squad able to do this and stay competitive at the top of the table.
The fact he has Aaron Ramsey posters and a lock of his hair at home.
Thinks signing DOWNING and a 96 year old Thierry Henry will help (if reports are true). A lazy midfielder/full back who has one good game every five years and a striker (legend) who is not the answer long term...nah not for me. Is this gonna be the new thing? We had Campbell coming back aged 74. Then Henry. Cesc will win loads at Barca, hit 34 and not be able to hold down a place. He'll come crawling back and Arsene will gladly have him. We are not a club that should be disrespecting fans like this. Henry and Cesc left BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO PLAY ELSEWHERE! Thanks for the memories guys, and I wish you well...but leave Arsenal and that should be THE END. We shouldn't be a club that gives legends a final nice relaxing swansong. We need hungry and dedicated players.
And basically telling fans to 'shut up until you manage the club' is the sort of talk that will turn the fans against him pretty quickly.

Roman looks like he wants Pep to manage his joke of a club. I can't see it myself. I doubt Pep wants to work for such an unstable boss. He would want to build up his club from every level as well as get a nice salary.

Now, Arsenal on the other hand....

...be careful what you say from now on Arsene.

I would hate to see the fans turn on you (still with you but only just).

Interesting question...would you swap Wenger for Pep? Now may be our only chance (he could end up at Utd after Fergie retires)

furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 am

Pep will join Manchester City in the summer. I think it's pretty clear with the youth project Manchester City are planning, former director football and chief executive of Barcelona joining Manchester City and the money being available for Pep. He's looking at the easiest way to comeback and succeeding Arsene won't be easy.

I would like Remi Garde to succeed Arsene. He's a young manager who's doing a terrific job with a limited budget at Lyon. He's a former Arsenal player, played under Arsene aswell, his team plays beautiful stuff and he knows Arsenal's football philosophy. Would be perfect fit in my opinion.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 am

I think Pep will join Man City as well. Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain are already there too.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Wenger will not leave, he will sign a new contract this summer with pay raise of 10m a year. There is no pressure at Arsenal, as long as your try.

Most teams want to be #1 for us as long as the players try and finish 4th place its job well done. Nothing more than that expected and that is why every year we will lose players to bigger clubs.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Agree about Garde, read the Goal.com special about him and can't say there's anything that is out of rhythm with what Wenger would want.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 pm

We need a manager that will push the players to the limit, no favoritism and if the player is not good enouph he should not start.

If Wenger goes it will only favor the Arsenal board not the fans, we will never get a top manager.

Wenger has to put his ego aside and start spending the money he has given, what is waiting for? He is getting older and we keep losing players. Spend the freaking money and get rid of the deadwood at Arsenal.

Arsenal have bigger problems, we have to change the wage structure.
Gazides earns about £50k a week, we should drop him to 5k a week.
Wenger earns 7.5m a year for what?

Its funny when a player asks for a raise he get sold but we are over paying others.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3